So pvp or pve?

Comments

• khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I will play on PVE. I will be safe from r.e.t.a.r.d.s. all the time and I won't have to spend real money on dolls, I can go afk in unsafe zone anytime, even if I'm among one million mobs. I'll let PKers KOS themselves as much as they want on the PVP server and it will be like heaven for me. :D:D:D:D
  • golden0galaxy
    golden0galaxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hmm..... i was going to go pvp server, but..... now im not 100% sure.... :confused:

i used to play on PW-MY, and i was only randomly pked once. the thing is that on MY, all the people who dont like random pk were on the same server as the pkers. but on PW INT, the pvp server will only have the people who want to be in for pvp and pk. i still dont know if that is a good or bad thing.... :(
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hmm..... i was going to go pvp server, but..... now im not 100% sure.... :confused:

i used to play on PW-MY, and i was only randomly pked once. the thing is that on MY, all the people who dont like random pk were on the same server as the pkers. but on PW INT, the pvp server will only have the people who want to be in for pvp and pk. i still dont know if that is a good or bad thing.... :(

In the PVE server you can turn PVP off or on :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • golden0galaxy
    golden0galaxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sikozu wrote: »
    In the PVE server you can turn PVP off or on :D

yeah i know. its just that if i choose pvp server, nearly all players will be ready to run around pking random people. i dont know yet if i want that or not. (since in pve you can disable pvp)
    but i dont know if pve would get boring on higher levels...
  • siberian
    siberian Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yeah i know. its just that if i choose pvp server, nearly all players will be ready to run around pking random people. i dont know yet if i want that or not. (since in pve you can disable pvp)
    but i dont know if pve would get boring on higher levels...

probably will get boring a lot faster than the PvP does, in MY-EN around 90 there is nothing really worth the amount of effort it takes to level so the main focus becomes PvP. The trade wars are abysmal though because KOS becomes a weapon used to defeat enemies before TW by griefing them so they can't level.

though just occurs that I suppose a lot more people would turn on PvP in the PvE server at higher levels...thus negating the whole "PvE = boring nothingness of no kill" argument...
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The real end game of Perfect World is the Teritorial Wars.

On a PvP server, one or two big guilds end up owning all the lands, bullying all the others around so they don't attack them for fear of beign KoS.

On a PvE server, no KoS is possible, so there are much more guilds active in TW.

So if your main goal is TW, PvE server is the only choice, unless you can be part of those dominating guild in the PvP server.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Everyone knows there is less to do at higher lvls, so you really think players on the pve server wont turn on pk when they get bored? I'm thinking that later on when more players are high lvled the pve server would allow those players to enjoy pvp while the lower ones level in peace - its just perfect :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    The real end game of Perfect World is the Teritorial Wars.

On a PvP server, one or two big guilds end up owning all the lands, bullying all the others around so they don't attack them for fear of beign KoS.

On a PvE server, no KoS is possible, so there are much more guilds active in TW.

So if your main goal is TW, PvE server is the only choice, unless you can be part of those dominating guild in the PvP server.

Although I'm rolling on the PvP server, I have to agree.
  • dolucal
    dolucal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I do believe that the pvp servers will have more drama than pve servers due to many immature kids playing on the pvp servers just to grief players that have no realistic chance to defend themselves.

I want pk fights against people who actually want to fight back. As lipe124 said: a lot of high level people in the PvE servers will get bored and turnoff their pk protection. When many start to turnoff their protection due to high level boredom, that's when the pk fights I really enjoy will start.

Active TWs, many high level pk fights, slim to none griefer-drama...these are the reasons why I will choose to play on a PvE server.
  • yamy
    yamy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    How about an option on the PVE server, that when you get to lvl 80-90, the PvP/PK mode to automaticaly enable, just like on the PvP server. That'd be quite nice.
    And would leave most low lvls alone.
    Yami - Cleric
    Testament - Barbarian
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    yamy wrote: »
    How about an option on the PVE server, that when you get to lvl 80-90, the PvP/PK mode to automaticaly enable, just like on the PvP server. That'd be quite nice.
    And would leave most low lvls alone.

That would remove what we like in a PvE server : to be able to decide when we want to PvP and when we want not to.

Forced PvP don't belong ina PvE server.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • yamy
    yamy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That would remove what we like in a PvE server : to be able to decide when we want to PvP and when we want not to.

Forced PvP don't belong ina PvE server.

Yes but, if it's at a pretty high lvl, it won't matter so much, as if it's at around lvl 30 for all players.
    Yami - Cleric
    Testament - Barbarian
  • dolucal
    dolucal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If some high level players wants to grind in peace or be in safe-mode for any other reasons, just let them. I assure you: people will be bored and there will be plenty turning off their pk protection as the game matures. Dont really see the point in fighting someone that isnt willing to fight back in PW.
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I can't believe I read through all 7 pages. The PvE server players are quite convincing and to be honest; it seems to be working. I'm a PvP/PK player and I have to agree that it doesn't really matter between a PvP and a PvE server in Perfect World.

There will be drama in PvE server and there will be in PvP server.
    There will be duels.
    There will be Territorial Wars.

I mean, it's the exact same thing; thus is why seperating players from PvP and PvE is a stupid idea. Not just that but 4 servers for International - that just kills the population and the competition.

ONLY difference is optional PvP @ PvE server. Seriously, I can just roll on a PvE server and it'll be the exact same thing. I can cause drama easily, the only thing that'll benefit me in PvE server is not having to waste too much money on Dolls. Which sounds perfectly convincing due to the high currency of Perfect World. Not just that, I played mainly for TW.

--

+1 to karmelia for once. Active competitive TW is what I want most. It's like another RO(100% Drama for WoE) except for optional PvP/PK. That's what I want. There will be highly skilled players @ PvE as well as PvP. Regardless there wont be a difference and players @ PvE server will get more competitive since they can level. At higher level they wont always be blue named. Looks like RoC has to revert votes for PvP Lost City and may switch to PvE(Thinking ahead)

The PvP convincing isn't working for me to be honest,(Even though I was like LOL @ PvE - It's going to be boring) But now I think of it, PvE will have more competitive players and Active TW. And far better in late game than PvP. Both server will have drama, and infact - new players will want to join PvE because they can level and get more competitive. @ PvP server, it'll be near impossible and it'll be the same people over and over again(Boring).

+2 for karmelia.

Looks like I'm leaning towards Heavens Tear @ PvE|East.(If the GM even plans to turn them on, lol)
    RoC.
  • lilly90
    lilly90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i was really confused about which server to go to ..some one above posted that most a$$holes will go to pvp .that maybe correct.but excuse me an a$$hole that i can do something to him "kill him" is way better than one that i cant do anything to him "in pve server " but honestly i dont like pking or being pked out of the blue so im not sure really i guess i will just try them both
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »
    Not just that but 4 servers for International - that just kills the population and the competition.

There will be only 2 servers to begin with : Heaven's Tear (PvE) and and Lost City (PvP). They probably thought that there will not be enough players to begin with with 4 servers.

• irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lilly90 wrote: »
    i was really confused about which server to go to ..some one above posted that most a$$holes will go to pvp .that maybe correct.but excuse me an a$$hole that i can do something to him "kill him" is way better than one that i cant do anything to him "in pve server " but honestly i dont like pking or being pked out of the blue so im not sure really i guess i will just try them both

thats totaly virtual. PvE lovers say "on PvP they will kill you", PvP lovers say "on PvP you can kill them"
    you know its not like he was bad and you will go and kill him, just like that. sure give it a try if:
    1. you can (most pkers really know better how to kil other player)
    2. you are ready for a counterattack of his + his guilde
    3. you really belive you can win.
    4. you are ready to move to isolated place to train/quest as most pkers after being killed comes back for a secund round. and with reinforcement.

theres more ways to be grifed on pvp. but also "theoriticaly" more ways to defend yourself. the things is - PKers really know better what they are doing then you (if you dont have much expirience in PvP that is). even if on PvE server main problem will be KSers and so, well PW worlds is kind a big right? just move somewhere - big deal. with big 3d eviroment its not easy to be followed.
    lets say Mystic is or someone from RQ will try to kill you. yeah haha you CAN fight back. just fraps it for me okey? xDD
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    but excuse me an a$$hole that i can do something to him "kill him" is way better than one that i cant do anything to him

If the a**hole is 20 levels higher than you, good luck trying to kill him ^_^

As for KSing, most mobs spawn in large quantities in more than one spots, so moving around is not that hard. And KSing works both ways : you can KS the KSers.

No server will be perfect. Both have their good and bad points. It simply end up to which style of play you prefer.

• lilly90
    edited August 2008
    then simply i will level in another spot then come back and hunt his butt :P i mean., a pker cant be everywhere .but ya i agree that the pve would be good for the peace of mind lol...i was first planning on going pve but then some one reminded me that if there is a jerk in the pve server there is no chance in hell that u can do anything to him\her .,and i dont believe in ksing too and i always try talking =( most of the times it doesnt work..but i have to admit its not rare that u become friends with ur pker it happened to me twice =)
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    then simply i will level in another spot then come back and hunt his butt :P i mean., a pker cant be everywhere .but ya i agree that the pve would be good for the peace of mind lol...i was first planning on going pve but then some one reminded me that if there is a jerk in the pve server there is no chance in hell that u can do anything to him\her .,and i dont believe in ksing too and i always try talking =( most of the times it doesnt work..but i have to admit its not rare that u become friends with ur pker it happened to me twice =)
    on PvP you will learna new definition of "jerk" :D:D
    good luck anyway
    -severan
  • scantraxx
    scantraxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    really quick question here..

is it impossible to pk on pve server? or is it possible as long as i have my pvp turned on?
    No one can compete with the boys from the hood
    Bringing you the finest of the Scantraxx Rootz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1st char IGN : Infectious
    Class : Venomancer

2nd char IGN : Scantraxx
    Class : Babarian

Server : Heavens tear
  • irbis
    edited August 2008
    scantraxx wrote: »
    really quick question here..

is it impossible to pk on pve server? or is it possible as long as i have my pvp turned on?
    PK (playerKilling) = no
    PvP (player vs player) = yes
    thats not the same you know
    -severan
  • seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm definitely going pve cause I work and have what most pvpers don't have, its called life. Don't feel like joining the pvp server and not leveling along the botter guilds, not going to call any out ill let the gms find out, from posts where guilds have admitted they bot in other games. Most people will prolly go pvp at the start then they will get bored with it, just like in many other games. Also all new players will join pve server cause they wont wanna get killed by level 80+ people who cant kill anything there own level, so they camp level 30 monster areas. In ever game Ive played any servers with pvp theirs only 1-3 guilds, and they all gank lowbie rival guilds or sit there and talk smack while in safe zone. I just hope in pvp servers gm monitor the botters who have already admitted to botting in different games.
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    scantraxx wrote: »

It is possible if both you and your target have PvP turned on.

• scantraxx
    scantraxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It is possible if both you and your target have PvP turned on.

ok thank you
    No one can compete with the boys from the hood
    Bringing you the finest of the Scantraxx Rootz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1st char IGN : Infectious
    Class : Venomancer

2nd char IGN : Scantraxx
    Class : Babarian

Server : Heavens tear
  • lilly90
    edited August 2008
    irbis wrote: »
    on PvP you will learna new definition of "jerk" :D:D
    good luck anyway

dont worry i seen my share of them in PW-MY in delphi :P its like crawling with them lol .and thanks =)
    Wrathy
    8x Mage
    LC server .
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvP or PvE, there will be jerks and drama. If people is saying that PvE server will be all peaceful, fun and full of tea parties. BS, I don't see that happening. If you want to go Perma Blue, than so be it. But you'll eventually want to be white anyway.

KSing may be a major problem, but hey. KSing doesn't really work well in PW; usually first hit gets everything except for EXP split.

IMO, if I roll in a PvP server I know I'd spend a lot of iRL money on GA and Hierograms. I don't really want that especially the currency, hard to afford. (Don't really want to spend over $15 a month)
    RoC.
  • funkeh
    funkeh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvE server definitely.
  • ryuujin
    ryuujin Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I will be going to PVE simply because I don't want to get caught in the war that will unleash on lost city.
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I can imagine the fate of a PVP server:

-people who play 24/7 will lvl fast and become strongest PK quild;
    -90% of the people will start whining not being able to lvl after 30 since PK guild travels in packs and kills everyone 10 times an hour;
    -people start spamming world chat with whining, insults, KOS threats and such, a lot of people will quit PW;
    -GM not being able to do anything will be forced to close PVP server as it won't be getting any new players either..

This is rather sad, I would say.... If you want to save a lot of time, nerves and most of all real life money, join the PVE server. You have PK protection until you lvl enough, and once you reach 50-60-70 or higher you can turn PK on, other players will do it too. So there will always be people to PK. It's your choice anyways, but if you go to PVP you may regret it bitterly later in higher lvls.... When you start participating in TW there will be PK and KOS which will get absolutely uncontrollable, and you may find yourself unable to lvl or trying to lvl up.:eek: