Options
123457»

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    matthew wrote: »
    Why spend more for potions when you can buy a hierogram for cheaper?

There are always players selling hiero for gold anyway. So you still don't need to use the cash shop.

AOE parties are not mandatory. You want to level faster and do AOE, pay the price for levelling faster....

My point is : you CAN play the game without spending one cent in it.

My second point is : player who use the cash shop WILL HAVE and advantage over those who don't, be it in PvE or in PvP. Like it or not, the game was designed like that. The whole point of F2P game is to lure players into using the cash shop.

Anyway, we don't even know the price of ZEN right now. But quite frankly, I doubt they will be dumb enough to make it costlier than the other versions. 25 to 30 cents per ZEN would be fine with me.(and at this price, from what I saw in the cash shop, it would be close or cheaper than the MY prices for most items)

Oh, and by the way : currently in MY-EN, at the price cubis are selling for these days, potions ARE cheaper than hieros.... Not counting that you always drop some post while killing mobs.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    alazar wrote: »
    Nice way to try to keep your player base in check, (for the devs) but trust me when I tell you this will only cause more people to quit. Look at what happened to sword of the new world ? Just look. Had so much potential, but overpriced cash shop, Grindy lame game play, and trying to prevent people form playing the other versions (which were worse of hacker wise better of price wise) Basically Sword had to shut down one of its servers because of lack of players, You don't want this happening here do ya? (Devs)

I totally agree. It took me four hours on that Damned game just to make from level 14 to 15. It was terrible. Flyff is bad too. They're making the characters even harder and worse now, and of course, everything on that game's cash shop takes 20 to 50 USD. Nobody would pay that much money for clothes on that game, but for some reason, they do..

Anyway. The cheapest option for buying cubigold is $6 USD. I think if they lowered it all to an estimate, like 5, 10, 15, 20, ETC. for a good amount of ZEN. Instead of an uneven price. It could as well be more convenient if the price option was even.

Well. You know, make the prices cheap enough to make people happy, yet have a good price so you can make enough money for yourself, PWI. Do this, and we have a cakewalk of an MMO! :D
  • kriminal
    kriminal Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i really hope prices change or i wont buy anything:mad:

:D
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    That will never happen. They need to make money to keep the game running, like it or not. Necessity items as you put it are the main sellers in the cash shop. Making them available from NPC would cut into their profits too much.

This is not a non-profit organisation, you know....

Hmmm.. I actually heard from a guy who worked for the Chinese version (Or Malaysian version [I forgot]) that a very little amount of profits are made from their cash shop. Most of what they make is from Larger corporations such as Microsoft. And in exchange, they put up ads on the PW site. Something like that. And you must admit: even though a lot of people will use the cash shop, it can't solely keep the game running.
    kriminal wrote: »
    i really hope prices change or i wont buy anything:mad:

:D

Mmm.. Watch what you say there, fella.
  • mei
    mei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lol @ FlyFF, that game is so cash-shop-centered it isn't even funny. Somehow some of my friends love it though, and have stuck with it .. but farm for ingame $ in order to buy CS items through other players.

Anyways, CS has a huge potential for payoff if you can find the "right price." .. Otherwise, why would most games turn F2P with cash shop rather than sticking with monthly fees? I know that some games even went F2P-CS after they tried (and failed?) at P2P. ... So I doubt it's a matter of making money to keep the servers alive, thuuusss I'm still backing the idea of dropping prices such that normal, non-filthy-rich players would be able to afford items like cash shop mounts and fashion items.. because uhh, $90 could buy a LOT IRL, I definitely would NOT spend that kind of money on an ingame mount .. or ingame ANYTHING >.> The most I would spend on any one item would probably be $20-$30, and that'd still have to be one awesome item that I wouldn't be able to resist getting =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    Hmmm.. I actually heard from a guy who worked for the Chinese version (Or Malaysian version [I forgot]) that a very little amount of profits are made from their cash shop. Most of what they make is from Larger corporations such as Microsoft. And in exchange, they put up ads on the PW site. Something like that. And you must admit: even though a lot of people will use the cash shop, it can't solely keep the game running.

From what I gathered on the MY forums :

- Cubinet don't sell cubis directly, you must go through a reseller.
    - Resellers such as AsiaPWorld, takes their shares whehn they sell cubicards.
    - Bejing PW takes its share on every cash shop sale.

From what I gathered on these forums :

- PWE will sell ZEN themselves (no reseller, so all profits go into their pockets)
    - PWE = Bejing PW Co (so they don't need to take their share on every cash shop sales, since they are the same company)

So no matter what happens, PWE will make more money per ZEN than Cubinet makes per cubi.

As for how much mnoney they need to make to keep afloat, I have absolutely no idea. But I guess the GMs and such are not paid 30$ per hour... And it's probabbly not a 100 employees business either.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Would be nice to get an update on this.
  • celes
    celes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Any new word on this?
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    Options
    celes wrote: »
    Any new word on this?

The most recent post of a staff member on the subject : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=361571&postcount=28