So Zen prices are ridiculous.

Options

Comments

• hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    TBH, It was a smart move making CB Sept 2 IMO. I actually thought about Warhammer Online because I had a feeling that Perfect World might be ruined due to the overpriced of Cash Shop. Who knows, if the cash shop is cheap here - that'll change my mind. This game is awesome, I'll admit Rohan was totally awesome too. Except that YNK ruined it with overpriced cash shop items.
    RoC.
  • alazar
    alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hong wrote: »
    TBH, It was a smart move making CB Sept 2 IMO. I actually thought about Warhammer Online because I had a feeling that Perfect World might be ruined due to the overpriced of Cash Shop. Who knows, if the cash shop is cheap here - that'll change my mind. This game is awesome, I'll admit Rohan was totally awesome too. Except that YNK ruined it with overpriced cash shop items.

A good part of the Free 2 play Games out there are good, But are completely ruined by this. Im sure the people admins/devs will not care and or listen to this...but maybe one just one Forum admin will let the devs know what we are thinking and saying and maybe JUST maybe they will consider what WE think the GAMES COMMUNITY and THEIR customers and do at least partially what we want.
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vem0m wrote: »
    Wouldn't help you after the release of this version US and related territories will be locked out of the MY-EN servers.
    Proof? Oh that's right, you have none.

They have said numerous times that MY-EN will have no IP blocks what so ever.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why the book for pet that not make them hungry here so expensive (5 zen) while in PW MY, it only cost 1 cubi gold... Hope the GMs change it to like 3 zen or less... 5 zen is not cheap though...
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1 Cubigold = Zen as people have said, therefore that book should cost 1 Zen. Already proof that the prices have to go down or the company will not make money.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wouldn't help you after the release of this version US and related territories will be locked out of the MY-EN servers.

There's always proxies. On PW MY, when there were server issues with TMNET, my friends and I all had to use proxies from like Singapore, etc. to break through TMNETs bad routing. (Now that that PW MY AIMS, it's much better.)

matthew wrote: »
    Hierograms and experience scrolls are necessary to me for leveling. Hierograms and dolls are necessary for pvp/pk, without a doubt. The prices of those three items will make or break the cash shop.

I think that hierograms, dolls, and xp scrolls, should be priced so that anyone would be able to competitively level and/or pvp with others for around $5-$10USD per month. That way, even those who are only able to spend $5USD per month will be competitive leveling wise, with those who spend more. While those who opt to spend more, will be able to boast fashion clothing, fireworks, wedding, etc. which are not as integral to reaching end game, except for the social aspect.
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sadly I have a bad feeling..that they already figured out the prices for this game and are just waiting to put the out... if its bad or good deals I doubt they might change it at this point. Hopefully they do...But being optimistic about it with what iv seen other Free2 play companies do...its just not something id bet on.
  • vem0m
    vem0m Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bron wrote: »
    Proof? Oh that's right, you have none.

They have said numerous times that MY-EN will have no IP blocks what so ever.

LMAO! I have plenty this is a business meaning this edition would lose money if there was none put in place. MY-EN will have no choice they will be forced to and they said that waaaay before a US(INT) version was announced for the last time learn how the licensing system works before posting and thinking you are smart!

Proxies suck MY-EN is already too laggy to begin with add a proxy to the mix and up your ping another 200-400ms.

I am tired of the dumb, ignorant and misinformed people replying to my replys. If you are not smart enough to read or look at how games operate then please for the love of god stop responding. All you seek to do is get a flame war with me which I will not give you the pleasure of having.
    alazar wrote: »
    Nice way to try to keep your player base in check, (for the devs) but trust me when I tell you this will only cause more people to quit. Look at what happened to sword of the new world ? Just look. Had so much potential, but overpriced cash shop, Grindy lame game play, and trying to prevent people form playing the other versions (which were worse of hacker wise better of price wise) Basically Sword had to shut down one of its servers because of lack of players, You don't want this happening here do ya? (Devs)

That is why the pricing needs to be done correctly. It was their dumb fault for the pricing and hopefully PWI is smart enough to do it correctly.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Proxies suck MY-EN is already too laggy to begin with add a proxy to the mix and up your ping another 200-400ms.
    :D That reminds me when I was using a proxy on PW-MY and as leveling around Fang Town, my ping was over 480ms and it was really laggy. One second I was alive, and the next I was dead because someone pked me, and I didn't even have time to see who they were except their name was red. It was really funny. :p
    That is why the pricing needs to be done correctly. It was their dumb fault for the pricing and hopefully PWI is smart enough to do it correctly.

I think we all hope they get their pricing right. Hopefully, from the number of threads and posts about pricing, they will see how important it is to the community, and set a reasonable price. (Like $0.25 to $0.33 USD per zen.)
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Simple, What Sword of the new world Did, DONT DO THAT.

What Requiem does... DO IT!
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    seems everyone is forgetting that PW-MY sold cubigold through third parties. whereas PWI will sell Zhen directly, so they'll be able to cut costs down that way. I'm thinking that $0.25 per zhen is the perfect price point. at that price i know i'll but quite a few zhen myself, at least as much as a typical P2P mmo costs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When companies have competitive products and prices, they advertise. This company had a competitive product with U.S. hosted pvp and pve servers, and they advertised that very early, only to disappoint half the community with no pve server for closed beta.

If they had competitive prices, they would be advertising at the very least. They would let us know that prices would at least be in a given range to compel us to leave our characters on other servers to come here and start from nothing again, and bring our friends. The way this is going though, I don't even feel like playing closed beta, and I'm not getting hyped anymore for this game until I know what the pricing will be.

However, they have not said a word about pricing but continue to give the same run around, that they are listening to the players. They didn't listen to us for pve servers, they did what they wanted, what makes you think they are listening to players for a price that was already established before going into business?

Telling us "we are listening to the players" is to give you hope and for you stay around longer. They want you to get further and further engrossed in the game before hitting you with what may very well be an overpriced cash shop.

If they don't tell us at the least what zen prices are gonna be by the end of closed beta(not after open beta is launched), I can almost guarantee that you will not like it.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Zen should be between 25-50 cents per, ideally less than 33 cents since PW-MY is supposedly 33 cents.

Any less than 25 is just going to kill the game owners wallets and make life too easy since you'll be spamming scrolls/heiros.
    Any more than 50 and people can't play unless they're high class rich boys. Not to mention how much ingame gold zen would cost... forced to pay to play just like on PW-MY with its 350k+ cubigold... exept worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • ricochetsaw
    ricochetsaw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if it ends up happening (which we all know it might) it will just be another example of americans trying to get money by using business models of asain games, but chaging way too much for the item(s) or changing what item(s) are being payed for, mainly by adding more items to the 'payed' list...
  • kasumi17
    kasumi17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thats it for me i going back to ENG Malaysia to play i spend 1,000 us$ plus there .
    Here at these prices i willn't be playing as it going to cost me heaps .

I starting to love the lag now so bye bye .

See you there tonight .

I will tell my big sister as well .she will tell her guilds

Lower the price

As this game going to be more costly then age of conan

Maybe this lot think .Western players are all rich an thay makes heaps .
    allso rich asian players as well .
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    troll wrote: »
    i think 10 cents per zen sounds cool ;)

anybody else?
    i vote yes!

but with the recent economy drop in the U.S.A I'm worried, would they go as far as?
    if they do end up making 1 zen = 10 Cents ^__^ I'll shop a lot *for nearly 100$ worth*

just a cool tip ^_~
    if your cost of 1 zen is less that 33 Cents, you'll gain MORE customers.. but if it's going to be more than 33 Cents, you have chance to loose a few.

so safely said, the cap is going to be 0.33$ and not 1$
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What? They haven't said anything about the price yet lol.

mainly at kasumi17

Also 10 cents per zen is way too little, that's easy mode. more like 20-30 cents would be fine imo.
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    Options
    matthew wrote: »
    When companies have competitive products and prices, they advertise. This company had a competitive product with U.S. hosted pvp and pve servers, and they advertised that very early, only to disappoint half the community with no pve server for closed beta.

If they had competitive prices, they would be advertising at the very least. They would let us know that prices would at least be in a given range to compel us to leave our characters on other servers to come here and start from nothing again, and bring our friends. The way this is going though, I don't even feel like playing closed beta, and I'm not getting hyped anymore for this game until I know what the pricing will be.

However, they have not said a word about pricing but continue to give the same run around, that they are listening to the players. They didn't listen to us for pve servers, they did what they wanted, what makes you think they are listening to players for a price that was already established before going into business?

Telling us "we are listening to the players" is to give you hope and for you stay around longer. They want you to get further and further engrossed in the game before hitting you with what may very well be an overpriced cash shop.

If they don't tell us at the least what zen prices are gonna be by the end of closed beta(not after open beta is launched), I can almost guarantee that you will not like it.

Agreed here. He makes a good point. Except one thing, Requiem never once advertised their cash shop prices at all, Yet they are if not the lowest than some of the lowest Free 2 play game cash shop prices around. Their subscription packs with most benefits from cash shop start as low as 7,99 and go up to 14,99 thats with about 80% of the current cash shop benefits all rolled into one. Or you could just buy each cash shop benefit or one only for 4-5 bucks each.

Like I said before, I have a bad feeling about this games cash shop issue. I can almost feel a unreasonable price up coming soon...
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    20~30 sounds convincing too ^^ 25 would be a good deal for everyone
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    What? They haven't said anything about the price yet lol.

mainly at kasumi17

Also 10 cents per zen is way too little, that's easy mode. more like 20-30 cents would be fine imo.

I would not want to pay less than 15 cents per Zen, But I would not want to pay more than 30 cents per zen. I would REFUSE to pay anything above 33 cents per zen.
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    alazar wrote: »
    I would not want to pay less than 15 cents per Zen, But I would not want to pay more than 30 cents per zen. I would REFUSE to pay anything above 33 cents per zen.

Ditto for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why make controvartial topics based on rumors? If you wanted to tell the admins something make a topic called "suggested zen pricing" and provide the pricing schemes in use by china/malaysia/japan as a reference.

Creating some random topic that denounces a system thats not even in place yet is just plain rude and misleading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • riot
    riot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Completely agree with this thread.
    Either lower the amount of ZEN each item cost or lower the converstion rate between Zen and dollar.

5$ for a Gold Hiero that only last a few hours? No thanks, calculate what that will cost in a month, simply does not work.

Are we also expected to pay 99$ for the best flying mounts? This is a game, not some huge investment. From a cash shop you often just impulse buy, not something you think about for weeks if you want to buy something.

I'm out if the prices isnt set to a reasonable amount, and I belive most people is.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lol its called F2P for a reason the F stands for "free" :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So how about you give the rest of us the link to where you saw that 1Zen = 1$? If you actually bothered to check it you'll see its not even possible to buy zen yet and there has been no pricing structure released.

But hey lets all just ignore facts and rant on about how expensive something thats not even sold yet is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    fireblood wrote: »
    lol its called F2P for a reason the F stands for "free" :p

And P stand for "pay" :P

Free 2 pay ;)
  • aretsukusu
    aretsukusu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Here. Let's make this simple. Just make it cheaper to pay than the other servers. Spending around $30+ for a big sword that fly's is way over the limit.
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I really hope that the prices are not set yet if everything will be so expensive than most of us will just stay on MY the reason we came to this version is because we believed in this company and supported theyre idea of creating a better version of the game **** our wallets is not a good way to repay our faith in this company lets just chill out until the price is final if they **** us we have the option to go back to MY with our money i really dont think that they want that so give them until they open the item mall and make prices official to change things
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    f4ding wrote: »
    I really hope that the prices are not set yet if everything will be so expensive than most of us will just stay on MY the reason we came to this version is because we believed in this company and supported theyre idea of creating a better version of the game **** our wallets is not a good way to repay our faith in this company lets just chill out until the price is final if they **** us we have the option to go back to MY with our money i really dont think that they want that so give them until they open the item mall and make prices official to change things

PERIODS. Not just for girls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greystok
    greystok Posts: 62
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Patience kids!

Feel free to discuss what you think the item prices should be in US $$. You never know, some of your suggestions may be considered :D

Suggestions:
    1:Set Zen BELOW $0.33 USD,This will begin to pull players that have high level charactors on pw-my that up to this point havent wanted to leave beacuse they have invested to much real $$

2:Set the Prices of the following items as Follows:
    Bronze HP & MP Charms = 75 Silver
    Silver Hp & MP Charms = 2 Zen, 25 Silver
    Gold HP & MP Charms = 3 Zen, 75 Silver
    Arcane Book:Pet = 75 Silver
    Replacement Angel: = 38 Silver

3: Keep this Formila for all " Leveling Cash Items"= 3/4 Current Price other servers - the amount you decide to lower ZEN " Suggestion of $0.30 USD = 1 ZEN"

4:Add PWE ONLY Cash shop items Such as Fashions and the Socket stones, Cash Shop ONLY Equipments or even a "Autoloot bag" that allows autoloot for 7 days.: Set these items at a slightly higher price as compared to the "common" Cash Shop items to offset the lowered income of "Level Grinding" items.

5: Bring back Housing as cash shop only items:Expand on the housing idea with new models sizes etc etc.Add a Whole lot of housing customizing items as cash shop only items.CHARGE a small fee for useing your "player house" ie: 1 silver for everytime a player enters thier "Home"

This Should Help with bringing in more players that USE the cash shop while also increaseing the over all population since there is going to be 4 servers.More players + competive pricing= more $$$ for your company due to increased Volume of sales.

By the way not all of us are minors.We do realize that the company is here to make a profit.
    Perfect World is a Great MMORPG that could dominate the FTP arena in the right hands dont let it fail due to poor judgement.

I for one love the game and would like to see it profit and expand in the coming years.