i am realy afraid that PWEI is going to pull of a quikey YNK-style. :/

Um, what do you mean? o_o
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    YNK is the publisher of rohan with overpriced cash shop stuff.
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    roxy wrote: »
    Um, what do you mean? o_o

YNK = company that put rohan out.

pull a quickie = take money from players hard n fast, total reaming, no thought for long term.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    troll wrote: »
    YNK = company that put rohan out.

pull a quickie = take money from players hard n fast, total reaming, no thought for long term.

I see.

Meh, I wouldn't know. I only worked for seal online and not rohan. ( Yes, I was part of the ynk staff -_- )

Back on topic: I'm sure that's not going to happen here. =P
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • stampede
    stampede Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    roxy wrote: »
    I see.

Meh, I wouldn't know. I only worked for seal online and not rohan. ( Yes, I was part of the ynk staff -_- )

Back on topic: I'm sure that's not going to happen here. =P

Very greedy corp imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Actions by RQ have led me to believe this, so RQ members get out of your conceited, stuck-up, world revolves around you, World ok? Worlds True and Only **** up there next to Hitler, Mao Zedong and many other dictators-RQ is now among them. Definition of harass: 1. to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute. -darknin
  • jonlai
    jonlai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    actually i am thinking ... this 33cents on PW - MY, is it in ringgit (RM)?
    cos if its in ringgit, it means it should be approx 10 cents USD per Zen
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    jonlai wrote: »
    actually i am thinking ... this 33cents on PW - MY, is it in ringgit (RM)?
    cos if its in ringgit, it means it should be approx 10 cents USD per Zen

No, the RM 100 card which is 100 Cubi Gold, is about $30USD after converting RM to USD.
    So 100 Cubi Gold/$30USD = 1 Cubi Gold/$0.30USD

Setting Zen at $0.10USD per, would be like less than a third of the cost in Malaysia, and being able to buy three times more Zen, for the same price in real world money, than it takes to buy a Cubi Gold. That would be way too low.... but it would sure attract a lot of players....
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    actually if 100 cubigold = $30, then 1cubigold would = 30c, not 33.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • june
    edited August 2008
    ranthe wrote: »
    actually if 100 cubigold = $30, then 1cubigold would = 30c, not 33.

That is very true. :D I guess people have been adjusting for the weak US dollar. I haven't check the exchange rates recently. ;)

The following should be a website where you get the current Perfect World Malaysia prices in US Dollars:
    http://www.offgamers.com/perfect-world-c-2244.ogm?tpl=0

*Warning* That website is to buy for Perfect World Malaysia, not for Perfect World International. That site is not for Perfect World International.

• ranthe
    edited August 2008
    i actually tried to buy from them once and got totally hosed on the pricing. cause you're not only buying the $30 cubicard, you're also buying their service in selling it, so it would end up costing about $40
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • june
    edited August 2008
    i actually tried to buy from them once and got totally hosed on the pricing. cause you're not only buying the $30 cubicard, you're also buying their service in selling it, so it would end up costing about $40

That's funny. They're listed as the top official site (below the mobile fill up site) on www.perfectworld.com.my to fill up Cubi Gold in Perfect World Malaysia, so I've bought cubi gold from them too.

I guess we're paying for their fast and secure delivery service to buy from them. ^_~
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    IT's cause they're third party, and have to make money themselves as well. So for each cubi they sell they charge a commission on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonlai
    edited August 2008
    either way (10cents or 30cents usd) its not too expensive i guess, i mean i have spent alot on rohan only to quit.

comparing the two the graphics is better in rohan but the contents is better here in pwi.
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    i still stand by my 25c per ZEN rate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alazar
    alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    june wrote: »

That's funny. They're listed as the top official site (below the mobile fill up site) on www.perfectworld.com.my to fill up Cubi Gold in Perfect World Malaysia, so I've bought cubi gold from them too.

I guess we're paying for their fast and secure delivery service to buy from them. ^_~

sorry im a bit confused, are you guys saying that this game allows 3rd party gold selling/buying as long as its not bot farmed?
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    yeah, silly huh? the only difference is that offgamers is considered official by PW-MY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    yeah, silly huh? the only difference is that offgamers is considered official by PW-MY

Thats not really silly...thats just wrong.. the economy must be hell, With all the influx of gold going into the economy it must be impossible to be not only a 100% free 2 play player but also a Non gold buying player at high levels(It FORCES YOU to spend real money one way or the other to keep up economically or cash shop wise.. I know that influx of gil selling made FFXI's prices over 10 times what they are now back in 2006. A scorpion harness was 7.5million gil now that the RMT are gone its 150k. The more I find out about this game The more I realize its absolutely not for me. Aside from the character customization there is not a single feature about this game thus far that I don't dislike. This just puts the cherry on top acceptable RMT...Thats all I needed to hear to uninstall this game and forget about it.

This world is the furthest from perfect.
  • june
    edited August 2008
    alazar wrote: »
    sorry im a bit confused, are you guys saying that this game allows 3rd party gold selling/buying as long as its not bot farmed?

Yes. That is Perfect World Malaysia. Offgamers is an official site to buy cubi gold and also buy in game gold. They are an approved gold selling site where you can pay like $35 for 40,000,000 in game gold.

Perfect World International will not allow any gold selling site (at least the administrators like xarfox have said to us.) On Perfect World International, that is a violation of Terms of Service. Perfect World International is run by Perfect World Entertainment, a subsidiary of the original publisher, and not a third party publisher as in Malaysia which is run Cubizone.

I really don't think we will see any such site exist for long before it is shut down by Perfect World International. Not to mention such sites encourage botting to sell in game gold for real money. It won't happen on Perfect World International (at least I hope. *knocks on wood*)
  • alazar
    edited August 2008

Yes. That is Perfect World Malaysia. Offgamers is an official site to buy cubi gold and also buy in game gold. They are an approved gold selling site where you can pay like $35 for 40,000,000 in game gold.

Perfect World International will not allow any gold selling site (at least the administrators like xarfox have said to us.) On Perfect World International, that is a violation of Terms of Service.

I really don't think we will see any such site exist for long before it is shut down by Perfect World International. Not to mention such sites encourage botting to sell in game gold for real money. It won't happen on Perfect World International (at least I hope. *
    knocks on wood*)

Good to hear but its to late, I already feel like this game is everything I don't want from an mmo. I can't trust a game that allowed RMT at any point. Sorry but I had a linkshell for 5 years in FFXI against RMT(every day 2 hours a day just working to stop or out camp the RMT in order to keep stable economy in our server) i'm not about to play a game that in any version embraced it.

So nothing against the community and the game itself is actually not a BAD game, Its a decent good looking Free 2 play, but from all iv read about it and about what happened in the other versions I rather just not take the risk and move on to games where the companies have a little more morals. Good to be part of this community... most of you were mature and had good points to make for the most part. But I'm getting the hell out of here.

If any admin was to permanently ban my Account plz feel free to do so that way I can't have 2nd thoughts about ever coming back or wanting to.
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Good to hear but its to late, I already feel like this game is everything I don't want from an mmo. I can't trust a game that allowed RMT at any point. Sorry but I had a linkshell for 5 years in FFXI against RMT(every day 2 hours a day just working to stop or out camp the RMT in order to keep stable economy in our server) i'm not about to play a game that in any version embraced it.

So nothing against the community and the game itself is actually not a BAD game, Its a decent good looking Free 2 play, but from all iv read about it and about what happened in the other versions I rather just not take the risk and move on to games where the companies have a little more morals. Good to be part of this community... most of you were mature and had good points to make for the most part. But I'm getting the hell out of here.

If any admin was to permanently ban my Account plz feel free to do so that way I can't have 2nd thoughts about ever coming back or wanting to.

I don't see why any admins would ban you. But hopefully, an admin reads this and tell Perfect World in China (where the home company is) to not sell licenses to unscrupulous publishers, because it will ruin the image of their product (which effects value if they only understand economic terms).

Just to make clear. It was not Perfect World who allowed RMT. One of the publishers Perfect World sold a 5 year license to (in Malaysia) allows RMT (where I've been told it's not against their laws and some people use as a form of legitimate part time job.) Perfect World Entertainment based in the US would never allow that.

Personally, I like the game so much that I have high hopes, actually "high apple pie in the sky hopes" for Perfect World International which is basically run by its parent company which should have draconic implementation against botters, hacking, and gold selling.

Bye bye then alazar. ^_~
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008

PW-MY allowed RMT because they suck.
    PWI does not. PWI only sells zen by its own company, no lame resellers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    griffpad wrote: »
    Why.. why would you spend real life dollars to buy virtual items? Virtual items aren't worth tiddly..

I don't understand. I fail to comprehend. Does not compute. Need more input.

My mind is going to implode.

I..I guess.. to be lazy? So you don't have to mindlessly grind the mats for crafting? I... *implodes*

when you BUY a game DvD from the shop you pay 30$ + for it.
    you'll play that game for 2 months? *or till you finish it?* then toss it away and buy a new game.

well consider PW the same way, i don't mind spending 30$ on an online game once every 2 months. its entertainment and it already comes for free.
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    severan wrote: »
    when you BUY a game DvD from the shop you pay 30$ + for it.
    you'll play that game for 2 months? *or till you finish it?* then toss it away and buy a new game.

well consider PW the same way, i don't mind spending 30$ on an online game once every 2 months. its entertainment and it already comes for free.

Well, for you to enjoy the game here for $15 bucks a month, zen would need to be 10 cents.
  • june
    edited August 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    Well, for you to enjoy the game here for $15 bucks a month, zen would need to be 10 cents.

I'm not sure why zen has to be ($0.10USD/zen) a third of the price of what it is than in Malaysia ("$0.30USD/cubi") for it to be enjoyable?

But that calculation does makes sense, if you average like a doll, miji, and silver hierogram per day for 30 days in a month. That means Perfect World Malaysia is over 3x over priced then.

I never thought of it in those terms. My own leveling was limited, because I was only willing to spend like at a rate of 1 hierogram for a week as a casual player (and big chunk from TW). But for someone consistently playing every day and ultra leveling, that person could burn through 1 per day, and that would get pretty costly really fast.

That is something to think about...

(p.s.- I think $0.25 per zen is doable, but $0.10 per zen may entice/attract a lot more players.)
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008

I'm not sure why zen has to be ($0.10USD/zen) a third of the price of what it is than in Malaysia ("$0.30USD/cubi") for it to be enjoyable?

But that calculation does makes sense, if you average like a doll, miji, and silver hierogram per day for 30 days in a month. That means Perfect World Malaysia is over 3x over priced then.

I never thought of it in those terms. My own leveling was limited, because I was only willing to spend like at a rate of 1 hierogram for a week as a casual player (and big chunk from TW). But for someone consistently playing every day and ultra leveling, that person could burn through 1 per day, and that would get pretty costly really fast.

That is something to think about...

(p.s.- I think $0.25 per zen is doable, but $0.10 per zen may entice/attract a lot more players.)

http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=7385&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hierogram&start=0

Early post on hierogram costs in pw-my.

Let's say you want to aoe party 4 hours a day and pk 1 hour a day as a mage or cleric. That's 1 gold mana hierogram, 4 experience scrolls, and let's say 10 dolls for 10 death protections. That's 19 cubigold, or $6.27 at pw-my prices per day in mana hierogram, experience scroll, and doll prices. Thats $188 a month to aoe party 4 hours a day and pk an hour.This does not include hp hierograms, fashion, aviation, pet rides, refining of equipment, or anything else, this is just the basics to aoe party with people and enjoy some pk at 33 cents a cubigold/zen.
  • jonlai
    edited August 2008
    hmmm my friends in pw-my also said confirmed that that there will be an IP ban on pwi for malaysia.
    but yet pw-my will not ban US IPs .... what a differ of system they got in malaysia and international.
  • june
    edited August 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    http://forum.perfectworld.com.my/viewtopic.php?t=7385&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=hierogram&start=0

Early post on hierogram costs in pw-my.

Let's say you want to aoe party 4 hours a day and pk 1 hour a day as a mage or cleric. That's 1 gold mana hierogram, 4 experience scrolls, and let's say 10 dolls for 10 death protections. That's 19 cubigold, or $6.27 at pw-my prices per day in mana hierogram, experience scroll, and doll prices. Thats $188 a month to aoe party 4 hours a day and pk an hour.This does not include hp hierograms, fashion, aviation, pet rides, refining of equipment, or anything else, this is just the basics to aoe party with people and enjoy some pk at 33 cents a cubigold/zen.

That is a lot of money. -_-"

I like Leode's response on the forum. Basically saying, if we can't afford the item shop, to grind on lower level monsters slowly... What a wonderful solution... Happy gaming! :D

I see your point completely then. Maybe they can lower the zen cost, which would lower the cost of expendables like hierograms, dolls, and XP scrolls. Then, they could raise the price of permanent items by an equal ratio to compensate? 5 hours of gameplay (35 hours a week, almost as much as a job!) seems high for a casual gamer though who can maybe only spare 20 hours a week for PW, so let's say 2.5 hours per day, which would be $94 a month by your calculations. Even reducing cubi/zen cost by a third, a pvp player would be providing a hefty $31.33 per month. A social gamer would be providing about the same on average with expenditure spiking when there are new fashion clothes, dye and mounts. That seems like a win win situation to me. I may have continued playing in PW-MY if cubi had been more affordable (except there are other factors there too beyond the cubi price for why I haven't really played there anymore).
  • moonelve
    moonelve Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i didnt read EVERY post just skimmed through the 15 pages but -
    i have played almost every f2p mmo out there and most p2p games aswell.
    What i fail to understand about companies producing F2P games with cash shop is the mentality of these people.
    i mean 90% of cash shop gams that claim to be F2P end up costing more per month than P2P games.
    examples Rohan, Archlord, Requiem (failed) and so on.
    the sad thing is that the devs seem to think its 2its ok they will pay to get to high lvl and then quit when the realise they have spent too much, but more noobs will come and buy from us"

now if they ever actually did reasearch into the other games they would see that -
    1 - higher cash shop prices = un balanced game
    2 - higher cash shop prices/items (if tradable) = more gold farmers
    3 - more gold farmers = more bots
    4 - more botters = higher ingame ecomomy
    4 - high economy = more people using RTM
    5 - the game starts a long and slow fall down the road to failure.

now logically the bast thing is to keep the prices low as much as possible (yes you need your wages and money to run the game). the lower the prices mean 2 things will happen
    1 - more will be baught by people who can buy it
    2 - people who cant buy it will buy in game from players back to point 1.

so honestly they would make more money by having lower prices. and keeping players. the game has great potential, thats obvious, its been out for years and still going and now we have our version. please DO NOT ruin another eastern game with stupid cash shop items.

also look at another thing.
    with the likes of Warhammer,Aion, Blade & Soul, TcoS, WotLK and many more games all coming soon, dont shoot yourself in the foot by making high prices and forcing the players off the servers as soon as a new game is released.
    your competing with an average P2P game @
  • coldash
    coldash Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I would say 15 cents per Zen so 1 dollar would net 7.5 cash shop gold. So I would donate 10 dollars and get 75 cash and that is more than reasonable. You should never try to charge outrageous prices for things people need. Hierograms, flight, mats these are things people need t have ready access to,

Alternate

Add neccesity items like Hieros, teleport stones, flight, mounts to the NPC charging a fair right like 5,000 coin per zen it would normally cost. In other words a silver hiero = 15,000 coins at the pharmacist NPC for one example.

Then you just leave stuff like fashion, upgrades and mats to the cash shop then only the people who really want those things will pay for them keyword being want not need.
    IGN: Drizztina
    Main Class : Venomancer
    Faction: RageQuit