Update server problems

Options

Comments

• foolrunning
    foolrunning Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sorry, I meant that its a PWI problem with their ISP / Internet or whatever settings and that the Asian people wouldn't be able to do anything.

EDIT: Ooooo, an update. Thanks for the update. :D
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wow, an update! Let's give it a try. I pray that it works.
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dvorak wrote: »
    We updated our patch server earlier today so those of you still encountering difficulties may want to try the following steps:

1) uninstall your current version of the PW client
    2) download and re-install our current client from the perfectworld.com website.

If the latest version still gives you problems, please post your issues to this thread and we'll get your info out to our technical staff.

The current client for download differs from the client that was available for download yesterday?
  • foolrunning
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Its working!!! I love your technical support team. No more disconnections. :D

I'm doing a verify instead of re-downloading because I don't want to download 2GB again. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Don't know, I'm downloading the client and it says that it is the Downloader_V3.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Don't know, I'm downloading the client and it says that it is the Downloader_V3.

It was v3 yesterday.
  • foolrunning
    edited August 2008
    Options
    For anyone that wants to know. Doing a verify worked for me. I'm in the game! :D
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I really don't see a point in re downloading again, why would you make us re download 2 gigs instead of giving us a manual patch. I highly doubt the client has been changed from yesterday.

I just reinstalled and tried to patch, still stuck at buff_str.txt. Verify also failed.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sorry folks, I got the information wrong on the last post I made where I said:

"2) download and re-install our current client from the perfectworld.com website."

I've now edited that post to instead say:

"re-install the game to get the patch properly synced with software"

so yeah, my bad. No need to re-download the client unless you've already trashed the install files. If you still have the install files handy, reinstall after uninstalling the game software. re-installing may help to sync the patch process properly now that the patch server has been updated.

thx.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dvorak wrote: »
    sorry folks, I got the information wrong on the last post I made where I said:

"2) download and re-install our current client from the perfectworld.com website."

I've now edited that post to instead say:

"re-install the game to get the patch properly synced with software"

so yeah, my bad. No need to re-download the client unless you've already trashed the install files. If you still have the install files handy, reinstall after uninstalling the game software. re-installing may help to sync the patch process properly now that the patch server has been updated.

thx.

I've reinstalled this game dozens of times already. It does not resolve the issue. Even after your patch server update, it does not work.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up, was about to start downloading again.
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, still doesnt patch :(
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Samehere, I went from element.data back to skillstr.txt after uninstalling and reinstalling.
  • da1ca
    da1ca Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    If you have an x64 operating system (i.e. Vista 64 or XP 64) that might be the problem also, as I had Vista 64, I installed Vista 32 and it works now.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Options
    how do I find out if it's vista64 or 32?
  • callandor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ummmm... So how do i know if im on xp 64? and if i am how do i get off of it?
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It does not matter 32 bit or 64 bit. People with 32 and 64 have posted in this thread reporting the same problem.

I have WinXP32 and I have this problem.
  • callandor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    super sad face :(
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You know, if we ever get in game we should make a guild called "The Unpatchable" lol
    Verifying my reinstall, hopefully that might help.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    We have just updated our patch server again, as well as restarted it.

Please try patching again and please let us know whether or not this has resolved your issue. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Still broken. I got through elements.data and it's now stuck at tasks.data.

Manual patch please ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've added exceptions for firewall that I don't even use.
    I've run the program as Administrator.
    I've re installed the client several times.
    I've re downloaded the client several times.
    I've verified every install.
    I've restarted my modem several times.

It is not a problem on my end.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    We have just updated our patch server again, as well as restarted it.

Please try patching again and please let us know whether or not this has resolved your issue. ;)

No dice, still stuck on buff_str.txt.

Can we PLEASE just get a manual update so we can play with our friends!
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rzx wrote: »
    I've added exceptions for firewall that I don't even use.
    I've run the program as Administrator.
    I've re installed the client several times.
    I've re downloaded the client several times.
    I've verified every install.
    I've restarted my modem several times.

It is not a problem on my end.

Yeah I've done all of this too and no luck either =/

Thank goodness this is closed beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No, sorry. Patch still isn't working... I'm still stuck on tasks.data.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rzx wrote: »
    No dice, still stuck on buff_str.txt.

Can we PLEASE just get a manual update so we can play with our friends!

Did you try reinstalling your client? Or did you just re-launch the patcher?

Basically the problem is that your client is trying to find a file called buff_str.txt on our patch server.

By reinstalling your client, it should reset your patching process and query our updated patch server, which should be fully functional now.

Again, if this does not resolve your issue please let us know and we will relay your feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • callandor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I want in a guild called "The unpatchable" Lol that would be the greatest guild ever :P
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Options

Basically the problem is that your client is trying to find a file called buff_str.txt on our patch server.

By reinstalling your client, it should reset your patching process and query our updated patch server, which should be fully functional now.

I've reinstalled it about 4 times now, all files are verified and working. Patch just fails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Options

Again, if this does not resolve your issue please let us know and we will relay your feedback.

I'll uninstall and reinstall once again. I've got 10 bucks on it not working.
  • felixomni
    felixomni Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Gentlemen, I am patched. My exact procedure was thus: I uninstalled Perfect World, reinstalled, and ran the Patcher from its folder. It stalled on elements.data, and when it asked to retry I canceled the update and closed. I then ran the client, and the auto-update succeeded. Good luck to you all, I hope to see you in-game before CB ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:Nepheneee
This discussion has been closed.