Update server problems

Comments

• darkmagus2007
    darkmagus2007 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i have the same problem here,when the patch tasks.data apear,pop out the msg of error and ask to restart th update or cancel....omg after all the trouble to download.... =[
  • aaddron
    aaddron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I really hate to say this but...a manual patch is needed.

I'd have to agree with you but we should give them more time to figure out whats going on.
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    True, I guess I waited this long no harm in waiting a little bit more.
  • aaddron
    aaddron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    True, I guess I waited this long no harm in waiting a little bit more.

I know I want to play too. I'm sure there working on it.
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    aaddron wrote: »
    I know I want to play too. I'm sure there working on it.

We are most definitely working on it. Any and all details that you guys can provide will help in our effort to get you all in-game. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    We are most definitely working on it. Any and all details that you guys can provide will help in our effort to get you all in-game. ;)

How about a manual patch to get us in game? Since you guys obviously still don't have a clue whats causing this.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    rzx, you have to see the bigger picture. The admins need to find out why we can't patch first. If people have problem now, think of what will happen when it's open beta when there will be more people trying to patch. I really dislike the fact that I can't play but remember, we are the beta testers. This is what we do, find a problem and report it so that it can be fixed.
  • fr8train
    fr8train Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I let it run for 16 hours now... finally got bt the elemets.data... but still forever stuck on tasks.data. I really hope they find what is going on...:confused:
  • darkgamer
    darkgamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I had the same problem it wouldnt finish but after a few other times i got it
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm still having this same issue... Except now it's stuck on tasks.data. I tried the firewall exceptions thing, which seemed to have gotten me past elements.data, but I'm still stuck. :(
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    rzx, you have to see the bigger picture. The admins need to find out why we can't patch first. If people have problem now, think of what will happen when it's open beta when there will be more people trying to patch. I really dislike the fact that I can't play but remember, we are the beta testers. This is what we do, find a problem and report it so that it can be fixed.

I'm well aware of the "big picture", sachetoreckaer. If you read my previous posts I say the same thing you just told me. But like someone else has pointed out, there does exist a manual update option, let's test that out too. The admins have stated they are trying to get us in game, and a manual update seems like it would do the trick.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Grrr... okay, I tried reinstalling, and now I'm stuck back on elements.data. That totally didn't help. ^^;
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    I see your point and agree. A manual patch would solve this problem but I'm sure the Admins have there reason why there not releasing one at the moment. Oh by the way, it's sachertortecake not sachetoreckaer. I guess my name is way too long ^_^
  • foolrunning
    foolrunning Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just so the admins know, there are several other threads like this in the Technical Support forum that might (doubtfully) have some more information:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17331
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=18681
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=18661
  • keka
    keka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    woohoo! finaly version 3! :)
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Admin, can you update us on what's going on with the patching problems? Thanks in advance.
  • exxa
    exxa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I was having the same problem, I took my computer to my brothers and it updated fine. His internet is faster than mine, just some food for thought.
  • lamboo
    lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i having problems 2 at updating my PWI i have windows vista and i have no firewall my version is 1 and its stuck at Buff_str.txt i re-installed the game like 3 times, i have tryd PW-MY 2 and there i had the same probs ... =( Btw when i tried 2 manualy parch PW it didn`t worked sed somthing about couldn`t found the files or something .... well it`s 0:25around hete guess i go to sleep and see if you guys found a solution tomorrow .. annyways Ty for your help, and good luck with fiksin the prob

PS sry for my bad english :( its not my best class at school =P

Grtz Lambo Tha Cow !;)
  • marble
    marble Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Admin, can you update us on what's going on with the patching problems? Thanks in advance.
    Yes, I'd like one also. How is the progress with the engineers? If this isn't working after a while, then maybe a manually downloaded patch is in order. Yes, this is a beta, but I'd like to be able to test the other parts of the game, as would many of the people in this thread ;)
  • foolrunning
    edited August 2008
    Any updates on this. Even an update of "we're still looking into it, but we have no idea what the problem is" is better then silence. :D
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Any updates on this. Even an update of "we're still looking into it, but we have no idea what the problem is" is better then silence. :D
    I was going to say the same thing. Anything is better then nothing don't leave us in the dark . I know thing are a bit hectic at the moment with CB opening, log in problem, solving bugs, and all but could you at least provide a manual patch if possible or give us a statement why a manual patch haven't been released. I hope I'm not asking too much for just a simple statement.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Agreed, though I hate to say it. Maybe I should go back to playing my other MMOs...
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    I'm starting to lose faith. With CB announced to end at Aug 27 I don't think there will be any help for those who could not patch and join the rest of the beta testers. With eight days of beta testing left, I don't think the Admins will put effort into helping a small list of people when majority of the tester are up and running. I guess all we can do is wait for Open Beta and forget about our wasted time here in CB. I do hope that our input on the patching problem are indeed helpful for CB testing data. Then our time wouldn't have been all for nothing.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Wow, still no fix for this. This is pretty embarrassing for PWI, not only do you not know what's wrong but you also give your community no updates whatsoever - just the same "we're working on it, post details" since the problem began. I understand this is f2p and you get what you pay for, but this is a bit ridiculous.
  • marble
    marble Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rzx wrote: »
    Wow, still no fix for this. This is pretty embarrassing for PWI, not only do you not know what's wrong but you also give your community no updates whatsoever - just the same "we're working on it, post details" since the problem began. I understand this is f2p and you get what you pay for, but this is a bit ridiculous.

I agree. I appreciate the f2p and opportunity to voice concerns, but what's the point when I can't play? This would be a great chance for PWI to impress its new players with its technical support.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    I would like to see this technical support *Shrug shoulder* but I'm tired of my cries go unheard. I once again ask, is a statement too much to ask for?
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    I would like to see this technical support *Shrug shoulder* but I'm tired of my cries go unheard. I once again ask, is a statement too much to ask for?

I don't think they have a solution for us so there's nothing for them to post. I think they are waiting for the fix to be sent to them since they don't actually develop this game. The game is actually developed by a different company, all this company does is provides to the NA market. They are merely here to post things like "we're working on it, post details", maintain the website, providing limited CS and TS, a puppet in a sense. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this is the same kind of support 2 Moons had. So basically, we have to wait for folks in Asia to fix our NA problems. Once again, I may be wrong, but this is defiantly what it feels like with the lack of patches and status updates.
  • foolrunning
    edited August 2008
    I'm pretty sure (could be wrong, I guess) that this problem is NOT a problem with the game, but a problem with some network / IP / ISP / Internet settings. Especially since there are people playing the game just fine. Also I have the same connection problem trying to download the downloader from their site. It downloads about 250k and then just stops like I got disconnected.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    I'm pretty sure (could be wrong, I guess) that this problem is NOT a problem with the game, but a problem with some network / IP / ISP / Internet settings. Especially since there are people playing the game just fine. Also I have the same connection problem trying to download the downloader from their site. It downloads about 250k and then just stops like I got disconnected.

I don't see how it could be settings wrong on our end when everything else I do on the net works perfectly fine, including several other games.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    We updated our patch server earlier today so those of you still encountering difficulties may want to try the following steps:

1) uninstall your current version of the PW client
    2) re-install the game to get the patch properly synced with software.

If the latest version still gives you problems, please post your issues to this thread and we'll get your info out to our technical staff.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
This discussion has been closed.