Update server problems

Options

Comments

• batjack
    batjack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    A little more light on the problem. I have 3 computers.. 2 with Windows XP, sp3, and one with Vista. All of the computers have patching problems.. but each one at a different place. One of the windows XP hangs up with elements.data at about 3%, the other XP stops with tasks.data at about 1%. The Vista computer stops at elements.data at about 6%.

All computers have had the downloaders and files verified prior to installation. All were restarted after installation. Each computer always stops at the same place each time the patcher has been restarted. Have tried doing continue download and restart download patchs.
  • blackthirteen
    blackthirteen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ;__;

Watching the bar move and then just suddenly stop really puts me in a foul mood.

This morning was going to be my only chance to play today and my time is running up. And while I wait people have already started enjoying the game and taking character names.

I guess there's nothing to do but keep retrying and hope that it eventually downloads the patch.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I downloaded mine from the download link that was provided on the PWI website before the mirrors were ever created. The updater just sits there on the file "elements.data"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ulfrun
    ulfrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    my falt, i didnt read all posts, i see now that its not a prob of getting it to work but its the patch thats not working the above is for getting the client to run in some vista versions srry bout that

all i can think of atm is just to let the GMs figger it out for now
  • lynks
    lynks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Atleast you guys can update, i cannot even do that. I am getting stuck at the Update settings screen and cannot select anything. Attempting to click anything else in the main update window forces it to close. I am running the original version downloading from torrent. Reinstalled it twice and verified each time. Ran as administrator as well as compatibility mode, still same problem.
  • disco
    disco Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lynks wrote: »
    Atleast you guys can update, i cannot even do that. I am getting stuck at the Update settings screen and cannot select anything. Attempting to click anything else in the main update window forces it to close. I am running the original version downloading from torrent. Reinstalled it twice and verified each time. Ran as administrator as well as compatibility mode, still same problem.

Checked your firewall settings?
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think my updater is re-downloading the file "elements.data" repeatedly, as if something keeps going wrong every time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lynks
    edited August 2008
    Options
    disco wrote: »
    Checked your firewall settings?

I mean i cannot select anything in the window currently. If i were to click on confirm is does nothing. I tried clicking on the "select" tab where the update servers are and it does nothing. It is like clicking inside of a blank window.
  • ulfrun
    ulfrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    after u launching the game where the patcher is maby try hitting verify, i dono if that would work but it might possibly just an idea it prob dosent have anything to do with it just trying to think
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I mean i cannot select anything in the window currently. If i were to click on confirm is does nothing. I tried clicking on the "select" tab where the update servers are and it does nothing. It is like clicking inside of a blank window.
    Does the select update server area say "patch"? If not, then the window will not go away. You need to select the server. If you cannot do that (as you already said), then something is seriously wrong. Mine acted kinda weird like that at first but then started to work just fine. Have you re-booted your computer and tried again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lynks
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ulfrun wrote: »
    after u launching the game where the patcher is maby try hitting verify, i dono if that would work but it might possibly just an idea it prob dosent have anything to do with it just trying to think

Tried that and it closes the window. Any tab that is game related closes the window. I can click on banners and it will send me to the website.
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Tried that and it closes the window. Any tab that is game related closes the window. I can click on banners and it will send me to the website.

It sounds like your game is messed up. You should try uninstalling it and then re-installing it. This time, though, when the installer program asks you if you want to verify the files, click yes.

PS: I hope you kept the install program after downloading it. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Same exact problem here.

But I used a certain installer to install the game on both, my PC and my sister's PC. I patched mine right after the server was launched, but now I can't patch it here on my sister's computer about 10 hours later.

I'm trying verifying files right now, will inform you results when it's done.
  • lynks
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I found out the culprit for it. I had another game open and XTRAP was actually stopping the functionality of this one. User error i guess in this one. I did not expect that though i should have.
  • aeonan
    aeonan Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Verification failed.
  • batjack
    batjack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I found out the culprit for it. I had another game open and XTRAP was actually stopping the functionality of this one. User error i guess in this one. I did not expect that though i should have.

What you got is lucky, XTRAP is not the problem. None of my computers have XTRAP or any programs like it. I have even disabled my firewall, antivirus, and Spamware/adware software. None of that helps. Each just locks up at a different spot in the patching process
  • ragingwind
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I got mine to work by canceling the update server window and then clicking verify in the main window. This problem was a minor inconvenience for me but it needs to be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • asmod
    asmod Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have Vista and update stucks at the infamous buff_str.txt too... :(
  • phinx828
    phinx828 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I aslo had a problem with updating PW, but after I turned "update automatically" and "resume unfinished updates" in the update settings and then "Verify" it seemed to be fixed. Actually it couldn't verify when I pressed the button so i restarted the client and then it patched completely.
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm surprised there is no solution for this problem yet.

Oh well, back to Warhammer.
  • lifewithnoreason
    lifewithnoreason Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm stuck at element.data. I reinstalled the game twice, turn off my firewall, and rebooted my modem nothing seems to work. I came to CB to help look for bugs and end up finding a bug before I log into the game. lol
  • asmod
    asmod Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, I1ve found some nice logs in \config\patcher:

2008/8/19 16:56:52=====================================================================
    2008/8/19 16:56:52Start
    2008/8/19 16:56:52Connecting to server...
    2008/8/19 16:56:53Update server under maintenance

Man, what the hell? :)

(Time is UMT +1)
  • gaadjin
    gaadjin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I had the same problem as everyone else has been describing, namely the patcher getting stuck on either elements.data or tasks.data. I am running the Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS. What I did was run the patcher directly from the folder it had been installed in, without compatibility mode but with "run as administrator" checked. When I did this it worked without problems. Don't know if this is an actual solution, but it might be worth a try for others running Vista.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Does everyone have this in there launcher folder 紧急修复.bat? I'm not sure if this is normal because I checked on the PW-MY folder and it doesn't have this in it. I'm going to delete it and check if this is the problem but I doubt it is. I wonder does everyone that has a problem updating, have you updated the PW MY-ENG to patch 16?
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Does everyone have this in there launcher folder 紧急修复.bat? I'm not sure if this is normal because I checked on the PW-MY folder and it doesn't have this in it. I'm going to delete it and check if this is the problem but I doubt it is.
    紧急修复 yep i got it and mine works fine,it just installed it and finished updating it works fine for me

Edit: btw its means
    Emergency Repair:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aaddron
    aaddron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok just to add to this the first time I installed the game and tried to patch it it got stuck on task.data. So I uninstalled it and re-installed it then it got stuck on elements.data. So I uninstalled and re-installed it again and now I'm stuck on task.data again.

I get the error message every time. I have client version 1.
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    same, i reinstalled several times, and i'm still stuck on elements.data. game version 1 as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    aaddron wrote: »
    Ok just to add to this the first time I installed the game and tried to patch it it got stuck on task.data. So I uninstalled it and re-installed it then it got stuck on elements.data. So I uninstalled and re-installed it again and now I'm stuck on task.data again.

I get the error message every time. I have client version 1.
    task.data took its time with me so wait for a while
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aaddron
    aaddron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    fireblood wrote: »
    task.data took its time with me so wait for a while

I got an error message. All it does is the tan bar fills up once then starts over. The second time it fills up an error pops up for a couple sec. then it tries again and again forever.
    IRTPTP <
    Can you figure it out.
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I really hate to say this but...a manual patch is needed. Been waiting since open beta started and no luck since.
This discussion has been closed.