Which Server Will you be Playing?

devotion
devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I myself am going to be playing PK because once i reach a higher level no PKing is gonna be boring :[
I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by devotion on

Comments

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    *sigh* Pvp server
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PVP Case closed:D
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PvP, hands down. I'm not about to waste days upon days leveling so I can pick flowers and have teaparties.
  • smirk
    smirk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »
    PvP, hands down. I'm not about to waste days upon days leveling so I can pick flowers and have teaparties.

I will have to Agree.
  • poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    lol I have a feeling, no PVE ppl are going to post at the risk of being called names...

sooo at the risk of being called a carebear... PVE but I'll stay white named and see who dares to switch theirs on :D
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PvP server obviously. That's where all the cool kids go.
  • showharu
    edited July 2008
    poolia wrote: »
    lol I have a feeling, no PVE ppl are going to post at the risk of being called names...

sooo at the risk of being called a carebear... PVE but I'll stay white named and see who dares to switch theirs on :D

Carebear lol Jus kidden:D
  • timioo
    timioo Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    esux wrote: »
    PvP server obviously. That's where all the cool kids go.

Where the cool kids go..right. It's not about coolness, being better or anything else like that. Some people like PvP and some PvE, its a matter of their own choice.

and on topic, I haven't decided really yet wich one to go, I'll decide after CB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest of Chaos Marshal
    Nalle - 6X Wizard

-Lost City-
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited July 2008
    i'm still trying to decide....

i think ima try both and see which appeals to me more.

i've read the arguments both for and against and still can't make up my mind :D

no doubt i will be the countless victim of PK just so ppl can say, "OMFG i killed the admin!" LOLOLOL

- O
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    definately play on PvP server as a main, but who knows i might make some alts on the PvE server to help with boredem.

Oh and Orinj, I'm sure you can use your special admins powers to prevent you from dying...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • showharu
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    i'm still trying to decide....

i think ima try both and see which appeals to me more.

i've read the arguments both for and against and still can't make up my mind :D

no doubt i will be the countless victim of PK just so ppl can say, "OMFG i killed the admin!" LOLOLOL

- O

lmao I wanna kill u lol jk.
    But join my guild guarantee u protection:D
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    What's the point in playing on PvE Server? PvP for me of course...
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Most likely PvE.
    Might change my mind but that's unlikely - never liked open PvP.
    If i want PvP, there is duel or TW or the arena for that.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PVP server all the way.... I play MMORPGs for the MMO part.... I'd stick with final fantasy if i didnt want to kill others.

i just hope most people will be like the guys from ragequit. from what i hear, they love to PK but dont PK ppl who are at lower levels then them... I dont mind being attacked, I just dont want to be at level 35 having to take on a level 95 x.x I want a fair fight ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    *cough* it's MMORPG, not MMOPKG ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    What's the point in playing on PvP Server? PvE for me of course...
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    *cough* it's MMORPG, not MMOPKG ;)

Killing is the best part of interaction.... Sure Duels are available in PvE, but theres no element of suprise... no rush
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    What's the point in playing on PvP Server? PvE for me of course...

This makes no sense.

... Enforced PK server for me. KOS makes running a guild more fun and/or easier.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    This makes no sense.

... Enforced PK server for me. KOS makes running a guild more fun and/or easier.

Amen to that, +1!
  • crimezone
    crimezone Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    pvp...no doubt
  • timioo
    timioo Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I was goingto decide after CB wich server I choose ...
    why wait that long, PvP it is :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest of Chaos Marshal
    Nalle - 6X Wizard

-Lost City-
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    *thinks for a second*.. most girls will be on the pve server.. easy choice! PVE FTW!! You guys whack each other around with ur massive epenorz in "zomfg pwnd y00 nub" matches while I enjoy the company of the kawaii PW girls ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    while I enjoy the company of the kawaii PW girls ;)
    How do you know there are not some 60yo perverted males :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whitetiger
    whitetiger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    *thinks for a second*.. most girls will be on the pve server.. easy choice! PVE FTW!! You guys whack each other around with ur massive epenorz in "zomfg pwnd y00 nub" matches while I enjoy the company of the kawaii PW girls ;)
    O.o im a girl and im going pvp all the way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Like Pie....look up RQClan.com or else
  • lipe124
    edited July 2008
    *looks at whitetiger with suspicion* I'm afraid i'll be tied up and fed to your pet. and psh who cares if its 60yo guys? if they play the part well enough it makes no difference. If you really think about it, its all about your imagination and not really anything to do with the other person :P

Still idk yet, that was mostly as a joke. I don't really see the benefit to playing a PVP server tho. I might jsut have been victim to the worst it has to offer but in the past a casual player such as myself just got devoured by hardcore PVP'ers. It would still depend on where the most ppl are, I play to have fun with friends. Grinding/HH/FB is all about having fun with buddies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    *looks at whitetiger with suspicion* I'm afraid i'll be tied up and fed to your pet. and psh who cares if its 60yo guys? if they play the part well enough it makes no difference. If you really think about it, its all about your imagination and not really anything to do with the other person :P

Still idk yet, that was mostly as a joke. I don't really see the benefit to playing a PVP server tho. I might jsut have been victim to the worst it has to offer but in the past a casual player such as myself just got devoured by hardcore PVP'ers. It would still depend on where the most ppl are, I play to have fun with friends. Grinding/HH/FB is all about having fun with buddies.

Anyway...

PvP server for life. PvE server is for carebears who can't hold their own in PvP. Or they bot/**** and noboby can kill them while they do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • whitetiger
    whitetiger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    just wondering..why do people think girls dont like pvp...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Like Pie....look up RQClan.com or else
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008

Most mmo playing girls are more hardcore than you'd expect. Besides, there's little you can do in terms of coaxing them to 'favor' your company. Come to PvP, I have the best scheme ever:
    1. Grind to 50-ish.
    2. Find 30-ish girl.
    3. I stalk her and repeatedly gank her while she's questing.
    4. You show up and kick my ****, with an awesome oneliner like "Don't worry, miss, I'll defend you from this vile criminal scum!"
    5. Keep her company, in case I return. I'll do just that a couple of times but flee at the mere sight of you.
    6. Girl will totally want your babies.
    7. Find another girl, rinse, repeat.
    8. ???
    9. Enjoy your harem.
  • lipe124
    edited July 2008
    hmm becos girls play with my little pony and boys play cops and robbers? Of course you can't apply the general rules 100% =P but you should get the basics of it ^^

@merulz
    Calling somone a carebear is really immature. How dare you expect every player to put the same time and money into the game just to compete with you or others like you? A lot of us like myself have jobs and other responsibilties, not everyone is on spring break with daddy's credit card handy! If you enjoy grinding 10-15hours a day and spending 7days nonstop in HH just to gear up to destroy other ppl with the same playing style I can imagine it would be a really fullfilling experience for both parties. But don't insult other players that just wants to chill with friends and take 6-7months to reach high lvl. Just because you might be able to reach lvl89 in 3 weeks doesn't mean you've earned the right to start PK'ing everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »
    Most mmo playing girls are more hardcore than you'd expect. Besides, there's little you can do in terms of coaxing them to 'favor' your company. Come to PvP, I have the best scheme ever:
    1. Grind to 50-ish.
    2. Find 30-ish girl.
    3. I stalk her and repeatedly gank her while she's questing.
    4. You show up and kick my ****, with an awesome oneliner like "Don't worry, miss, I'll defend you from this vile criminal scum!"
    5. Keep her company, in case I return. I'll do just that a couple of times but flee at the mere sight of you.
    6. Girl will totally want your babies.
    7. Find another girl, rinse, repeat.
    8. ???
    9. Enjoy your harem.

Dude now i remember why I love you! And u can make a alt and pose as my little brother and we can share the spoils! its the best plan evar!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]