Which Server Will you be Playing?

Comments

• sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    woohoo for starting fresh.. I dont have any friends to affect my decision and the ones I've convinced to play willpretty much follow me ;p so I have no ties to PvE.... PvP for meh :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PvE simply gives players a safety net against griefing. That's the only part that really matters. It's all based on player preference. Some people like the thrill of not knowing if they're safe. Other people don't like it. As for PvE becoming boring... come on: everyone in PW enjoys a fight. That's why we're playing anyway. PvE players just want more control for that fighting. Many of them prefer to duel instead of being pked at some random time. It's all preference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm confused as to why everyone keeps talking about this as if it's some permanent decision. It's not like there's a prompt during instal asking you which server you're going to play on, and you can't ever change lest the world end. You'll be able to switch without too much grief (Unless you find it an obscene pain to re-log), so it's not like someone can't stay on PvE to level and switch to the PvP server as they get to endgame or bored. Sure you might have one you prefer, but some of you seem to think that once you enter one the walls go up, the doors are locked, and that's the end of it.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'll be playing the server with the pk on/off so I can zhen :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    tolan wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why everyone keeps talking about this as if it's some permanent decision. It's not like there's a prompt during instal asking you which server you're going to play on, and you can't ever change lest the world end. You'll be able to switch without too much grief (Unless you find it an obscene pain to re-log), so it's not like someone can't stay on PvE to level and switch to the PvP server as they get to endgame or bored. Sure you might have one you prefer, but some of you seem to think that once you enter one the walls go up, the doors are locked, and that's the end of it.

-Tolan

What gave you that impression? I think most of us are thinking it will be a server arrangement like MY-EN had, with two servers that you cannot switch between without starting a new character.
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm gonna go pvp D: *cheers*
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ambie wrote: »
    I'm gonna go pvp D: *cheers*

I heard that is what the cool people are doing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    I heard that is what the cool people are doing

T_T that means i'm not allowed to go then
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    T_T that means i'm not allowed to go then

You're right. Self-pitying people don't have a place in a PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PvP all the way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    i'm still trying to decide....

i think ima try both and see which appeals to me more.

i've read the arguments both for and against and still can't make up my mind :D

no doubt i will be the countless victim of PK just so ppl can say, "OMFG i killed the admin!" LOLOLOL

- O

Just do like they do on PW-MY and ban people for pk'ing your friends.

EDIT: PvP here. And yes, it is about "being better than someone else".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    You're right. Self-pitying people don't have a place in a PvP server.
    V_V oh well i guess i'll go peel potatoes and wallow like an emo in peeled skins and onions.
    and now i'm instantly hungry for stu.
  • massamune
    edited July 2008
    V_V oh well i guess i'll go peel potatoes and wallow like an emo in peeled skins and onions.
    and now i'm instantly hungry for stu.

Who is Stu?

Wait, I don't want to know..
  • xapheret
    xapheret Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm going to go for the PvP server. I mean, I've already been through the best and worst of it so why not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Approximately 13% of all forum pages mention RQ, as confirmed by Google.
  • leon
    leon Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Recently Ive decided to walk the path of PvP so well see how it turns out for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Leon
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    i'll just play the server with less people hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    edited July 2008
    massamune wrote: »
    Who is Stu?

Wait, I don't want to know..
    stupid typo i meant Stew.
    Damnit stu was some guy i attacked in college.
    though i could put stu in the stew, damn he sucked, and you still dont now what i'm talking about ah well.

*oh yes, i will be on the pvp server for for ^w^
  • ninjer
    ninjer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PvP for the win~
    It's a closed beta after all, so getting a high level quick isn't my goal. I'd rather have fun gimping around pking without any permanent consequences. *w* Once the real thing starts, I might go pve, but I won't know anyone there, so I'll probably just stay on the pk server.
  • handsomethecarlos
    handsomethecarlos Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    what servers are there anyways?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    what servers are there anyways?

PvP - Normal server
    PvE - For people who enjoy kill stealing, AoE boss kiting, mindless grinding for no reason and misinformed newbies.
  • dristan
    dristan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    specter wrote: »
    And you are going to level up two chars...?

Umm yeah. It's not like this is some mind blowing new concept that's tears the fabric of society apart. I know I'm going to be annoyed by the jackass random PKer who only does it to **** with you so I'll deal with them when I actually have the time and patience. I also know I'm going to be annoyed by some botter or KSer but really I'd rather deal with them when I only have an hour to play. If the people who say the areas are huge and I shouldn't have to worry about PK for my area are right then I could just move to another area and kill my mob, no problem(hopefully they aren't lying to make their point sound stronger).
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    i'm still trying to decide....

i think ima try both and see which appeals to me more.

i've read the arguments both for and against and still can't make up my mind :D

no doubt i will be the countless victim of PK just so ppl can say, "OMFG i killed the admin!"
    LOLOLOL

- O

Now i know why i wanna play on PVP <3
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • darkeva
    darkeva Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »
    PvP - Normal server
    PvE - For people who enjoy kill stealing, AoE boss kiting, mindless grinding for no reason and misinformed newbies.

Err... I think you're rather misinformed.

I don't really like this PvP server and PvE server business. I personally prefer PvE, but I see most do not :/. So I'll probably end up on the PvP server since I don't want to play on an empty server :mad:.
  • massamune
    edited July 2008
    Don't let the few noisy ones here sway you. They're exactly the kind of people it sounds like you don't want to game with, not that I blame you.

There's going to be plenty of people on each. An awful lot of the MY-EN crowd have been begging for this pk switch for a long time. Probably an equal number hate the idea (as I do - if it's the only option.) Getting one of each from the outset will definitely be good for this version though.

I think the thing a lot of people overlook right now is it won't be "cool" to always be green named. There's going to be a bunch of pressure to keep pk turned on, turning it off should be when you need a break or just want to get that next level uninterrupted.
  • puppetsoul
    edited July 2008
    I think the thing a lot of people overlook right now is it won't be "cool" to always be green named. There's going to be a bunch of pressure to keep pk turned on, turning it off should be when you need a break or just want to get that next level uninterrupted.

The mindset of someone who intentionally rolls on a PvE server when the option for PvP server is presented is clearly going to be sitting in Green non-stop until they believe that they are dominant on the server, and then they'll roll around being the biggest **** in the world trying to get the people they feel are inferior to "flag" on them so that they can pk them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massamune
    edited July 2008
    I think that's a ridiculous assumption.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I think that's a ridiculous assumption.

From personal experience with snotty american kids? I believe he's right xD

P1: "Hey man press that button on the top you get free cash shop items"
    P2: "Cool! :D thanks"
    P1: *hits p2*
    P2: *strikes back*
    P1 *kills p2*

thats just one of the ways its going to go down. Higher lvls picking on lowbies is going to happen a lot because of the boredom.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    From personal experience with snotty american kids? I believe he's right xD

P1: "Hey man press that button on the top you get free cash shop items"
    P2: "Cool! :D thanks"
    P1: *hits p2*
    P2: *strikes back*
    P1 *kills p2*

thats just one of the ways its going to go down. Higher lvls picking on lowbies is going to happen a lot because of the boredom.

then P2 learns a valuable lesson he should have been able to figure out before he hit 30 if he wasnt such a re-tard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • massamune
    edited July 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    Higher lvls picking on lowbies is going to happen a lot because of the boredom.

Yeah I see what you mean, that would never happen on a pk server.

Oh wait.
  • puppetsoul
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I see what you mean, that would never happen on a pk server.

Oh wait.

On a PK server, you can exact vengeance. You can beat on their guild's lowbies in retaliation, you can call fifty dudes to run a train on them, you can even the score.

On a PvE server, you can... stand next to them calling them a girl's genitals for six hours while they AFK in an AOE party because they clicked back into protection mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]