Which Server Will you be Playing?

Comments

• poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »
    Most mmo playing girls are more hardcore than you'd expect. Besides, there's little you can do in terms of coaxing them to 'favor' your company. Come to PvP, I have the best scheme ever:
    1. Grind to 50-ish.
    2. Find 30-ish girl.
    3. I stalk her and repeatedly gank her while she's questing.
    4. You show up and kick my ****, with an awesome oneliner like "Don't worry, miss, I'll defend you from this vile criminal scum!"
    5. Keep her company, in case I return. I'll do just that a couple of times but flee at the mere sight of you.
    6. Girl will totally want your babies.
    7. Find another girl, rinse, repeat.
    8. ???
    9. Enjoy your harem.

And how much would you be charging for this service i wonder ??? :p
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    @merulz
    Calling somone a carebear is really immature. How dare you expect every player to put the same time and money into the game just to compete with you or others like you? A lot of us like myself have jobs and other responsibilties, not everyone is on spring break with daddy's credit card handy! If you enjoy grinding 10-15hours a day and spending 7days nonstop in HH just to gear up to destroy other ppl with the same playing style I can imagine it would be a really fullfilling experience for both parties. But don't insult other players that just wants to chill with friends and take 6-7months to reach high lvl. Just because you might be able to reach lvl89 in 3 weeks doesn't mean you've earned the right to start PK'ing everyone else.

How dare you think all that stuff about me? I will not spend an ounce of money in the cash shop, my dad is dead, and I'll only play about an hour a day. I will not no-life, nor will I gank lowbies. I can't reach level 89 in 3 weeks, I'll reach level 30 or so in 3 weeks. It WILL take me months to reach a high level. People who don't want to PvP are called carebears, live with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • meatshield
    meatshield Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Are you kidding saying girls will be on pve?

Those are the 30 year old fat men playing as girls man, real girls are destructive and like to ***** from time to time.

The ones that are always nice never sarcastic or mean...are men.

As for this poll, its exactly as I expect.

HEAVY PVP.

I stick to my statement that the PvE server will end up a failure.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I think a PvE server would add a whole new level of excitement.

Imagine you're questing, and a blue name walks up to you. He doesn't kill any mobs, he just sits there, perhaps looking over your player info. You nervously continue your quest, and as time progresses you see 2 or 3 more blue names coming to sit next to you. Fearing for the worst, your hands start shaking, beads of sweat forming around your temples as the blue names not-so-subtly make a circle around you... and suddenly they all turn white named!

Then... oh wait, you can just turn blue. Nevermind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dristan
    dristan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Both, because I know people from bother servers is going to annoy me. I do plan on going PvE on weekdays and PK on weekends though.
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    dristan wrote: »
    Both, because I know people from bother servers is going to annoy me. I do plan on going PvE on weekdays and PK on weekends though.
    And you are going to level up two chars...?
  • sigoh
    sigoh Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    I think a PvE server would add a whole new level of excitement.

Imagine you're questing, and a blue name walks up to you. He doesn't kill any mobs, he just sits there, perhaps looking over your player info. You nervously continue your quest, and as time progresses you see 2 or 3 more blue names coming to sit next to you. Fearing for the worst, your hands start shaking, beads of sweat forming around your temples as the blue names not-so-subtly make a circle around you... and suddenly they all turn white named!

Then... oh wait, you can just turn blue. Nevermind.

Wouldnt that be PvP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chaotic Oblivion~Fated Twilight~Eternal Sorrow~Corrupted Fidelity
  • meatshield
    edited July 2008
    sigoh wrote: »
    Wouldnt that be PvP?

Wow, you missed that his whole post was a complete sarcastic joke about PvE server?

Wow.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RQClan.com
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Girls on the internet?

DID YOU GUIZE COME ON TEH INTERWEBZ YESTURDAY!????

XDDD!

Srsly guize
  • sigoh
    edited July 2008
    meatshield wrote: »
    Wow, you missed that his whole post was a complete sarcastic joke about PvE server?

Wow.

lol I'm multi-tasking.... ;p

everybody's stupid sometime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PVE because I want to fight real TW battles, and PVP servers will just go the same way as Oracle.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm right Ill have 90 levels head start on the disgruntled transfers.
  • tolan
    tolan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PvE, 'cause I'm more a console gamer, and MMOs offer me the chance to co-op with someone without having them over at my house. (Woot for having an Xbox and not paying for Live!)

Though I might drop into PvP occasionally if i get bored. Or one of my friends is PvPing.

-Tolan
    I'm a Christian looking for a clean experience in a free MMO. No, I'm not crazy.
  • cadmus
    cadmus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    PVE, never been much of a PvPer
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    junk wrote: »
    Most mmo playing girls are more hardcore than you'd expect. Besides, there's little you can do in terms of coaxing them to 'favor' your company. Come to PvP, I have the best scheme ever:
    1. Grind to 50-ish.
    2. Find 30-ish girl.
    3. I stalk her and repeatedly gank her while she's questing.
    4. You show up and kick my ****, with an awesome oneliner like "Don't worry, miss, I'll defend you from this vile criminal scum!"
    5. Keep her company, in case I return. I'll do just that a couple of times but flee at the mere sight of you.
    6. Girl will totally want your babies.
    7. Find another girl, rinse, repeat.
    8. ???
    9. Enjoy your harem.

ROFL That sounds like something out of a manga! I think the "harem" would compare notes and find out sooner or later. :P :P :P

PVE server for me.

(I don't mind PVP in Territory War, but being randomly pked a few times while grinding is a pain. First, I lose a doll if I'm carrying one and some points off my Vital Hierogram. Second, I have to do my good deed and shout to beware of a random pker around. Then, if people(guild or good Samaritans) are helping me hunt the pker, I feel obligated to join the posse. Then, 15 minutes have passed, and the pker has returned to town (really annoying when the pker flees back to town) or the pker has been pked (though I am too too nice. When someone's item dropped because of pk, I return it to them.) And then it take me another 15 minutes to get back in the mood for grinding, and I've lost 1/2 hour = ~2% possible xp gain and item drop from grinding.

It's much nicer to vegetate on the on the looping tranquilizing in game background music and chatting with party members with no worries about being pked. Grinding should be a grinding uninterrupted task, not where one has to watch out for a random pker that would disturb the tedium. ^_~ )
  • massamune
    massamune Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    i'm still trying to decide....

i think ima try both and see which appeals to me more.

i've read the arguments both for and against and still can't make up my mind :D

no doubt i will be the countless victim of PK just so ppl can say, "OMFG i killed the admin!" LOLOLOL

- O

It will be legal in this version to PK staff? :O

I suppose you mean personal accounts, but still.

/ontopic

I'll take a look at both, since I've never had the opportunity to try an optional pk server. However if the KS is thick I'll probably switch pretty fast.

Despite being vocal for having the option of such a thing as an optional pk switch on ONE server, I'm undecided about it being the right fit for me.

IDK, I never really KOS, never randomly PK, but I like to have the option of blasting someone that kses or otherwise annoys me past a point...

Either way, having options is such a good thing. There's so many things about this version that will be interesting, like the differences in TW patterns and community "rules" between the two types of servers.
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    june wrote: »
    ROFL That sounds like something out of a manga! I think the "harem" would compare notes and find out sooner or later. :P :P :P

PVE server for me.

(I don't mind PVP in Territory War, but being randomly pked a few times while grinding is a pain. First, I lose a doll if I'm carrying one and some points off my Vital Hierogram. Second, I have to do my good deed and shout to beware of a random pker around. Then, if people(guild or good Samaritans) are helping me hunt the pker, I feel obligated to join the posse. Then, 15 minutes have passed, and the pker has returned to town (really annoying when the pker flees back to town) or the pker has been pked (though I am too too nice. When someone's item dropped because of pk, I return it to them.) And then it take me another 15 minutes to get back in the mood for grinding, and I've lost 1/2 hour = ~2% possible xp gain and item drop from grinding.

It's much nicer to vegetate on the on the looping tranquilizing in game background music and chatting with party members with no worries about being pked. Grinding should be a grinding uninterrupted task, not where one has to watch out for a random pker that would disturb the tedium. ^_~ )

Did you ever think about PKing by yourself? Cause you are talking only about being pk'ed...
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    specter wrote: »
    Did you ever think about PKing by yourself? Cause you are talking only about being pk'ed...

I have never ever pk'ed on purpose in Perfect World. Once, I was helping lvl 30's finish off Darkwolven Lord for their cultivation quest, and someone red name started attacking me. I targeted them to see who they were and accidentally pked them. (They were probably a lot lower level than me, seeing I was a magic based Venomancer at the time and the pker was doing physical damage. Usually, I run from a pker. :P) The second time was only an assist, because it was some red name Elf Archer who was trying to pk my best friend who was grinding with me. The third time, I pked a bot, because reporting bots to the GM didn't seem very effective at the time (though I think it is much better now than before on MY-EN). However, killing the bot was useless, because it came right back to the same area a few minutes after dying. (That is some really nice AI! I looked them up on Google.)

To me, and PKing is like a confrontation. If I were to PK (or try to PK) someone, then I would be forcing the person to interact with me. I would forcibly interrupt whatever that person was doing, and have to deal with me. Dueling, Arena, Territory War, etc. I can manage because everyone should be focused on the PVP aspect of the game. Also, when someone tries to pk me, I feel an adrenaline rush like I've had too many cups of coffee, which is not a good feeling for me.

Plus, I would feel sorry for the person I pked and give them lots of free stuff. So I make very a lousy pker. ;P
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    What The Hell Is A Pve Server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • specter
    edited July 2008
    arcane wrote: »
    What The Hell Is A Pve Server?

It's a carebear server - you cannot be attacked by another player untill you flag yourself for pvp.
  • arcane
    arcane Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    specter wrote: »
    It's a carebear server - you cannot be attacked by another player untill you flag yourself for pvp.

oh forgot to add the...

/sarcasm at the end of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doin' it my way.
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Uhh...there's a lot of women that play these games, and most don't care for open pk. Maybe if you kids stopped playing female characters and staring at your own butt you mind find them.

I'm going PVE. More active TW, more active arena probably, not a bunch of drama queens flooding up world chat, noone wrecking my zhen party because they don't like one of my party members, noone camping the world mission NPC's to gank you. I don't care too much for open pvp in this game, it requires too many dolls; the drop rate while red is just too high for me. I like TW, arena, and duels, which should be better on PVE server. And I'm sure there will be people flagged for PK on PVE server if I feel like roaming around for a battle.

The main reason, though, is I have several male and female friends coming over and they all want to go pve server.
  • scarlet
    scarlet Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    going to PvP server, although I don’t like PK, I do think this feature makes PW more fun. Also I don’t mind dyeing, but I respond to an attack from PK and most of the time I own them. When that happens Im happy the rest of the day :D ... and that adrenalin no PvE server can give me...:p
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    If you pk-fans want to boost your ego by bashing people who don't like griefing, then join the military where you can feel like a big man with your big gun. Gaming is just gaming; it's just for fun, so keep it fun. It looks like we might have another locked thread, here.

Disclaimer: I don't mean any disrespect for people who join the military out of purely honorable reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meatshield
    edited July 2008
    ragingwind wrote: »
    If you pk-fans want to boost your ego by bashing people who don't like griefing, then join the military where you can feel like a big man with your big gun. Gaming is just gaming; it's just for fun, so keep it fun. It looks like we might have another locked thread, here.

I leave for the marines in in 7 months.

Don't see what that has to do with pking people on perfect world. But whatever.

P.S. Why the hell are you guys looking for girls on perfect world, or even talking seriously about meeting them on it?

Sorry, but its starting to sound truly pathetic.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RQClan.com
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I think meatshield is saying he doesn't like women.
  • meatshield
    edited July 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    I think meatshield is saying he doesn't like women.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Girls? Icky...cooties.
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RQClan.com
  • merulz
    merulz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    meatshield wrote: »
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Girls? Icky...cooties.

http://blogs.psychologytoday.com/files/u15/Cooties.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perfect World IRC:
    Server: irc.deltaanime.net
    Channel: #pwint
  • sigoh
    edited July 2008
    Nyeh.... when did the basis of this fight change? Why are we talking about girls

Fact: Just as many girls play PvP as they play PvE if not more. needless to say half these girls are guys. but I personally know a great deal of girls in rl who are going to the PvP server...

However this isnt a game about girls...

This is a game about having fun. And sure, being killed not the greatest feeling in the world. But the thrill.. the time you fight back against that pker and when. The time you survive an ambush and you jump up for joy as soon as you get a way... The thrill in killing killing someone who PKed you when you had low health. the thrill, the adrenaline pumping fights, your not finding them in PvE. Sure you can fight others in the Arena, but how much excitement can you get from that?

I dont think there is anything wrong with the PvE server... if that what you want do it. but PvP adds another element to the game, that you just cant get from PvE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Playing PVE cause I could care less about PvP. I prefer content over mindless ganking
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I think its kinda out of hand.. people that don't like getting PKed are making new comers think that the second you leave a city you are PKed. This is not the case. You rarely get attacked, the only time I get attacked is if I PK someone because they keep stealing my mobs and they bring their whole guild and epic battles ensue. I think a lot of you newcomers are gonna regret choosing PvE and getting a high level and quitting cause you are bored out of your skulls. But this isnt for everybody some people like PvE and thats your opinion i'm just trying to make sure people that are undecided choose without any over-exaggerated statements.
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]