Which Server Will you be Playing?

1235»

Comments

• xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    On a PvE server, you can... stand next to them calling them a girl's genitals for six hours while they AFK in an AOE party because they clicked back into protection mode.

after they returned to white name, then waited 10 hours....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    poolia wrote: »
    lol I have a feeling, no PVE ppl are going to post at the risk of being called names...

sooo at the risk of being called a carebear... PVE but I'll stay white named and see who dares to switch theirs on :D

Is there such a thing called Raunchy Carebear :p if so I shotgun that name lol..I think I will play both to see which appeals more but more likely being in PVE due to limited time to lvl etc... if ya gonna call me a carebear at least give me the decency in calling me Raunchy carebear hehehehe yeppers Im the carebear that all moms demanded stay off the shelf roflmao
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I PvP all the time in many games and there is no shame in admitting a distaste for open PK which is just ONE incarnation of PvP. I'll be heading to the PvE server which will have consensual PvP.

If I am to be called a carebear for not liking open PK then so be it and I'll take it as a compliment. Thank you for acknowledging my tastes in PvP. Open PK is a breeding ground for drama which I do not enjoy in my games. Consensual PvP (pretty much anything that isn't OPK/forced PvP) is less of a hassle and has a larger mature crowd in most cases. Things like sieges, arenas, duels and RvR all fall under consensual PvP. You'll likely see GG at the end of a match instead of Noob or *****.
  • darkz
    darkz Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Whats up with all this crossfiring? Both has it's advanatage and disadvatage..
    Since PVE has it's share of "Carebears", PVP has it's own share of "Maniac killers" as well.
    It's not as if 1 of it is superior than the other.

But i had bad experience of being GANK by groups of 5 who went around killing people while i was training..
    so im trying out PVE for that matter =/

Or am i to call up my guildman to back me up whenever i get PK'ED?
    Seems silly to me, and only makes me feel in debt to them =(
  • petzku00
    petzku00 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Heaven Tears PVE For me, see you there if you come there.
    [SIGPIC]Tiger[/SIGPIC]
  • maevyn
    maevyn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Optional PvP for me. I like the opportunity to level, instead of having to watch my back while playing.
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvP all the way :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • minuswhale
    minuswhale Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    orinj wrote: »
    i'm still trying to decide....

i think ima try both and see which appeals to me more.

i've read the arguments both for and against and still can't make up my mind :D

no doubt i will be the countless victim of PK just so ppl can say, "OMFG i killed the admin!" LOLOLOL

- O
    Wait... Orinj, if you're an admin, then shouldn't you know what each server's like? xD
  • orange188
    orange188 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Honastly, I played on the old servers till 53 (granted I didnt play a whole lot after level 47) and I only ever got PK'd once. I was part of a few differect guilds, even one that was on KOS and I still never got PK'd. Most people are not going to randomly PK you. I know it happens outside temple of orchid and inside the level 29 FB, most of the time, if the person is a PK'er, they most likely already have a pink or red name anyway.

Lesson: If you see a red/pink name, be prepared to get attacked. Cause most likely, its about to happen.

And just FYI, the PK'er was an archer who dropped out of the sky. I beleive it was outside camp of Havoc or whatever its called. And yes, the person had a red name ahead of time.
  • kelansan
    kelansan Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to try both during closed beta, since you know, this IS a closed beta, and all of our hard work will be wipped in the end, so why not just do whatever the hell you feel like doing? Those talking about making a guild, etc, are speaking way too soon. You might as well skip closed beta and come back when you're not just being used as test subjects, where as what you do doesn't really matter unless you find some bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kelansan wrote: »
    ...Those talking about making a guild, etc, are speaking way too soon. You might as well skip closed beta and come back when you're not just being used as test subjects, where as what you do doesn't really matter unless you find some bugs.

this is true; however making a guild, naming guild, increasing guild capacity, and recruiting/kicking members, plus transferring leadership etc are all possible bugs waiting to be found out...so they'll be doing their bit even if they don't realise it.
  • nightelf
    nightelf Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PVE only=(
  • xbill
    xbill Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    meatshield wrote: »
    Are you kidding saying girls will be on pve?

Those are the 30 year old fat men playing as girls man, real girls are destructive and like to ***** from time to time.

The ones that are always nice never sarcastic or mean...are men.

As for this poll, its exactly as I expect.

HEAVY PVP.

I stick to my statement that the PvE server will end up a failure.

Destructive!?!? omg when i kill someone my sister almost kill me in real life! xD!
  • mysticarcher
    mysticarcher Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think I am going PvP, yes ima PW newby doesn't bother me much o.O. Hopefully people will be a coolcat and show me the ropes of the game :). Anywayz, hope to see most of you on, hopefully most of you won't kill me :rolleyes:
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to the PK server for traditional Perfect World gameplay. The game play I remembered.:)
  • skyle
    skyle Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Prob going PVE never like PVP much :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Plume City - PVE
  • psych0tic
    psych0tic Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PVE, i don't want some high lvls to come and kill me while im training so they can feel better about themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Soon to become a CBT. ;)
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    psych0tic wrote: »
    PVE, i don't want some high lvls to come and kill me while im training so they can feel better about themselves.

Same here, I love that we will have a PvE server... Means all the jackasses will go to PvP and we get a friendly and idiot-free environment
  • vanad
    vanad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvE for me. I've never been much for PvP, since I'm too nice and tend to keep to myself. Plus I'm kind of expecting PvE to have a smaller crowd, and usually small communities have more mature members.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kaeriin wrote: »
    Same here, I love that we will have a PvE server... Means all the jackasses will go to PvP and we get a friendly and idiot-free environment

I think I'm pretty sure that there will still be idiots. There always are.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • nunu
    nunu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lost city.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zxhawk
    zxhawk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    PvE until i learn everything about the game
    then PvP ill power level to the top and killz all of yeas

but it makes no sence to go PvP now since after closed beta there will be character wipes so ill stick to PvE until open beta
    --
    D-Gray Man \/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    as far as i am concerned there is no point in leveling except to be better than other players how can you prove that you are better if you cant pk/pvp case closed for me i will be on a pk server
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    umm i think PvE after sinking 2000+ hours in Raplez and Shaiya to PvP i need a break, and pvp dose get boring after a while.:D
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ormus wrote: »
    umm i think PvE after sinking 2000+ hours in Raplez and Shaiya to PvP i need a break, and pvp dose get boring after a while.:D

being on a pvp server does not mean you have to do it constantly it just means the option is there on pve servers you waste time leveling giving up your right to show off all the hard work you put into the game not flaming you for your choice just giving you some input