Are you happy about the Ip block?

Options

Comments

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »

I wouldn't mind Brazilians. Would you mystic? I personally like just a /few/ people who are funneh
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Brazilians. Would you mystic? I personally like just a /few/ people who are funneh

WAT? U NO LIEK BR? HAF NO FRADS? PROBABLY BABY 10 YEAR:mad::mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • sweet
    sweet Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I know alot of them uses Google Translate to talk to us o.0
    The brazilians that is...And im not trying to be rude, sorry if it offends anyone :/
    IGN: .
    Class: Vim
    Level: 0
    Guild: no guild yet
    Server: Shura (EU Powaah!)
  • arkaria
    arkaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm pretty happy about it actually. It's necessary. This version of the game is intended for us. Not Malaysia, China, or Japan. I hope Europe isn't blocked though =\ South america has their own server if I'm not mistaken, so they shouldn't have a reason to come here...not to be racist or anything.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    arkaria wrote: »
    South america has their own server if I'm not mistaken,

Only Brazil have their own servers. Not the whole South American zone.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Are you guys happy about the ip block being enforced on countries that already have perfect world, mostly residing in the eastern continents?

I am

im pretty pissed.. they are really good at this game.. that means i gotta go against purely my own kind? thats HORRIBLE. if they do that i know im gonna be one of the top at pvp:eek: dont believe me see me in Oracle. ya digg!?
    Xtacy
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    arkaria wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy about it actually. It's necessary. This version of the game is intended for us. Not Malaysia, China, or Japan. I hope Europe isn't blocked though =\ South america has their own server if I'm not mistaken, so they shouldn't have a reason to come here...not to be racist or anything.

............... but its ok for us to come to there servers? nuff said:mad:
    Xtacy
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I like infections >_o. Isn't the human race a virus anyways x3

Infect me baby!!!!
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    i for one think ip banning the countries that already have pw is a good idea since most of them are Asian. i for one dont want to have to deal with trying to figure out what they are trying to say. i deal with that enough playing silk road online. now as for the international part of the game i think they mean usa and british possibly canada germany russia. ive never played pw but i cant wait till i can hope to see all of you. and hope we can all just have some fun.

also ive recruited a few people to this game that plays world of warcraft and they are looking forward to this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ayako55 wrote: »
    ............... but its ok for us to come to there servers? nuff said:mad:
    err. PW-PH blocked foreign IP right from the start. Then look at the chinese server.. same. so... :D
    miles wrote: »
    i for one think ip banning the countries that already have pw is a good idea since most of them are Asian. i for one dont want to have to deal with trying to figure out what they are trying to say.
    you're funny, mister. So, if someone speaks his own language that isn't english then his country should be banned so that you won't be annoyed by their talk? Ok, then the GMs should ban all non english speaking countries. If they won't then you can be sure to see a lot of german, spanish etc etc talk on the chats.

I guess there is still too many xenophobic people out there. A pity, really.

edit: o and if you meant their bad english then you're trusting prejudices way too much. There are a lot of asians i know who speak english very well. And there are also americans i know who can't spell a sentence correctly even if their life depended on it.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • irrlicht
    irrlicht Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm OK with the IP Block as long as they don't block Europe :p which they don't seem to be doing anyway... *cheers*
    And don't say anything about european players speaking bad english... I know some american ppl who speak way worse english than I do :cool:
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited July 2008
    Options
    irrlicht wrote: »
    I'm OK with the IP Block as long as they don't block Europe :p which they don't seem to be doing anyway... *cheers*
    And don't say anything about european players speaking bad english... I know some american ppl who speak way worse english than I do :cool:

Totaly agree, i am french, speaking english pretty badly i think, but ...........
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I imagine the language differences in Europe will cause the creation of many nationality-based guilds.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    I imagine the language differences in Europe will cause the creation of many nationality-based guilds.

OH sure, but after that there is the "guild name letter limitation" problem, if the limit isnt increased.
    But personaly i think it will be!
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Options
    9 letters is enough to create a guild that uses a different language than English. Trust me.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • specter
    specter Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    9 letters is enough to create a guild that uses a different language than English. Trust me.

Wrong thread! Wrong thread! Bang!
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=2251
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Lol. Well, if I posted on that thread I'd probably confuse somebody.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • snaptrap
    snaptrap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm not happy or upset. Personally, I just don't want any lag, and because the Philippines version decided to block IPs, then we should do the same to them. If we get the better version, then that's too bad.
  • wulf
    wulf Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    why ? can't they use proxy ?
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    siberian wrote: »
    I left oracle about 2 months ago when the last possible challenge to WL fell (Myth) and could see that those guys were going to own the server soon - I've heard accusations that they're now driving the economy of the entire server now?..insanity :) The block is probably a good thing imo

People are too scared to fight warlords because they will be pk'd repeatedly while trying to level. Im not aware what the plan is for the pk system on this new server, but hopefully they wont follow down the road of the malaysian servers and have an abusable pk system.

Im quite sure if PK was optional on Oracle, there would be a lot more guilds fighting warlord for territory each week.

Call me a carebear if you think that my driving motivation, but honestly I dont care much about being personally pk'd. I usually carry a small inventory and no dolls so it doesnt make much difference to me. I just dont want to see a repeat of Oracle, cos quite frankly that server sucks.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Not PKing WL back is the problem. People just don't have the guts, I guess. Killing red-names doesn't make your own name red, so why not try?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Options
    wHAT s the point to Speak about?
    Some Ip's will be blocked thats all, FACT;)
    wr unfortunetly cant change that:p
  • t0yo
    edited July 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    err. PW-PH blocked foreign IP right from the start. Then look at the chinese server.. same. so... :D

you're funny, mister. So, if someone speaks his own language that isn't english then his country should be banned so that you won't be annoyed by their talk? Ok, then the GMs should ban all non english speaking countries. If they won't then you can be sure to see a lot of german, spanish etc etc talk on the chats.

I guess there is still too many xenophobic people out there. A pity, really.

edit: o and if you meant their bad english then you're trusting prejudices way too much. There are a lot of asians i know who speak english very well. And there are also americans i know who can't spell a sentence correctly even if their life depended on it.

Actually miles has a valid point. Lets not forget the use of chinese and other characters in the name which was a huge issue everyone contested. Of course since malaysians are all about the **** and ball torture they made it explicitly sure that all character fonts could be used to cause more confusion to the non speaking chinese players. Then they used the excuse that the server was MY-EN and not international =_=;

Sokyuu its not really about speaking their own language. The point is the community wants a western centralized version of PW for the very fact that the west and east have VERY different views on morality and what is 'good' and 'bad'. In malaysia if you ever criticize someone harshly you get the ban hammer, here on the other hand it is somewhat a more open minded view. That is primarily the reason I would want a version were the people who already have perfect world can not come.

And to logically answer your argument. If they wanted to speak in malaysian why not stay on their own server were they had the game translated in MY and other people in MY? They went to the My-En for the translation to english? but then why speak in their own language anyway. See the contradictions?

That being said I might seem a little racist however the matter of the fact is that this is the internet and its just a pass time. I'm not in the mood of getting another perfect world ruined by \
    1.Asian Admins
    2.Asian no lifing players
    3.Asian Guilds

Its a sad stereotype but you know its what ruined PW-MY
  • sphinx
    sphinx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm all for the IP block as long as it doesn't affect us europeans. If countries already have their own perfect world servers in their local areas then i dont see why we should let them play on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    lena Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    That being said I might seem a little racist however the matter of the fact is that this is the internet and its just a pass time. I'm not in the mood of getting another perfect world ruined by \
    1.Asian Admins
    2.Asian no lifing players
    3.Asian Guilds

Its a sad stereotype but you know its what ruined PW-MY

I know what you mean about that its like the game USKO and FrienzKO that I have mentioned in previous posts its like that also...what was an awesome game turned out to be **** coz it was TURKs that took over and now I can barely stand the pricks coz it was TURK admin TURK GMS etc and TURKs got away with blue murder while the rest of us suffered
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    edited July 2008
    Options
    wabbitt wrote: »
    people Are Too Scared To Fight Warlords Because They Will Be Pk'd Repeatedly While Trying To Level. Im Not Aware What The Plan Is For The Pk System On This New Server, But Hopefully They Wont Follow Down The Road Of The Malaysian Servers And Have An Abusable Pk System.

Im Quite Sure If Pk Was Optional On Oracle, There Would Be A Lot More Guilds Fighting Warlord For Territory Each Week.

Call Me A Carebear If You Think That My Driving Motivation, But Honestly I Dont Care Much About Being Personally Pk'd. I Usually Carry A Small Inventory And No Dolls So It Doesnt Make Much Difference To Me. I Just Dont Want To See A Repeat Of Oracle, Cos Quite Frankly That Server Sucks.

pls Not A Guild Like Warlord In Pw-intl!!!!
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I wonder why every word in the above quote is capitalized. It wasn't in my original post.

Forum bug?
  • t0yo
    edited July 2008
    Options
    lena wrote: »
    I know what you mean about that its like the game USKO and FrienzKO that I have mentioned in previous posts its like that also...what was an awesome game turned out to be **** coz it was TURKs that took over and now I can barely stand the pricks coz it was TURK admin TURK GMS etc and TURKs got away with blue murder while the rest of us suffered

Oh wow a USKO player!? I have yet to meet any of my kind xD

Ko was the first mmo I seriously played around... 4 years ago. I played it on and off for two years on Cypher. I was in the guild known as Blond which was pretty well established. Had two lvl 6xs an orc archer and warrior ^_^

Yeah that game has been going through turk invasion for ages. Though to be honest the gameplay was not that good imo, it was still fun although I suppose I enjoyed it that much because I was new to gaming
    nounours wrote: »
    pls Not A Guild Like Warlord In Pw-intl!!!!

as long as RQ and I are here I guarantee you that we'll do our best not to let that happen. We're arrogant pricks not **** X3
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    @t0yo: i really hate when people generalize something based on their bad experience in the past.
    Just because many, many, not all malaysians had bad english knowledge doesn't mean that
    a) all malaysians suck at english
    b) all asians suck at english
    c) they all should be banned for that

as miles' post implies.

If we follow his logic then the GMs should ban all non-English speaking countries because there are enough European people for example who cannot speak english properly. And since he doesn't want to figure out what they are trying to say, they should be IP blocked.

And this attitude was what pissed me off. English is not > all. Sure, you need it more and more in everyday life but just because one cannot speak english well it doesn't mean s/he's less than a human. If one's main language is English then s/he has it easier, that's all. But before complaining about someone sucking at english, why don't you try to learn and not to suck at their language? And don't try to excuse yourself with "why should I?", it's just lame.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    @t0yo: i really hate when people generalize something based on their bad experience in the past.
    Just because many, many, not all malaysians had bad english knowledge doesn't mean that
    a) all malaysians suck at english
    b) all asians suck at english
    c) they all should be banned for that

as miles' post implies.

If we follow his logic then the GMs should ban all non-English speaking countries because there are enough European people for example who cannot speak english properly. And since he doesn't want to figure out what they are trying to say, they should be IP blocked.

And this attitude was what pissed me off. English is not > all. Sure, you need it more and more in everyday life but just because one cannot speak english well it doesn't mean s/he's less than a human. If one's main language is English then s/he has it easier, that's all. But before complaining about someone sucking at english, why don't you try to learn and not to suck at their language? And don't try to excuse yourself with "why should I?", it's just lame.

Most asians are banned from this version of PW regardless of what anyone says here. Your post is kinda meaningless, tbh...
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.