Are you happy about the Ip block?

Options

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Again - it's not about if they are banned or not. I know they are.
    It's about why miles thinks they should be banned - which is (at least to me) somehow a racist view.
    That's the only reason i posted what i posted.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well, it's his affair then. He'll face his share of problems with racist opinions...

Personally, though, some anti-asian stereotyping isn't bad. Most gold farmers and botters seem to originate there, after all.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Options
    GAH i'm posting OT again T_T

Well, "asians" is a generalization, too :p
    I know that there are a lot of chinese goldfarmers (and they are very well known in most games for that)
    On the other hand, i didn't notice many botters while being on a JP server (not more than on an average EU/US server)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Well, yeah, but the **** are cool like that. They take gaming to a level no other country will ever reach. Seriously.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Im angryaboutthe IP block will keep it in control atleast alot of plp here in US so it will prevent lag of more plp tryin to join in but wanted a good competition haha:)
  • sakon
    sakon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    whats ip block?
  • shadowwarrior
    shadowwarrior Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    An IP block is when a given Internet address (i.e. 255.255.255.255) is not allowed to connect to something. In the case of the IP block here it is a regional/country block (a rather large range of internet addresses).

Shadowwarrior
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    An IP block is when a given Internet address (i.e. 255.255.255.255) is not allowed to connect to something. In the case of the IP block here it is a regional/country block (a rather large range of internet addresses).

And since each country have it's own reserved IP address ranges, you can effectively block a whole country from connecting to a site. The only way to go around it is to use a proxy, but they seldom give good connection speed for gaming.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • mikoto
    mikoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm a bit upset that I won't get to play with a few of my friends now, but overall it's a good thing that those IPs are blocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daniel
    daniel Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Most ****. Well every one i met ingame didnt speak... >.<
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Options
    daniel wrote: »
    Most ****. Well every one i met ingame didnt speak... >.<
    huh what???
    there seem to be no connection between page 10 and 11 <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    When you mean Eastern, will this count places like England ?
    I live in England and i'll be so upset and angry about it if there's an IP block.
    Or do you mean Asia?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Options
    *cries* why aren't they using the search function before posting.. why... ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hektic
    hektic Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    I'm very very very happy the other countries with their own PW will be blocked. Granted it was a given since this company doesn't have a license to those countries for PW but happy none the less.
    CB - Tacos
    OB - hectiK
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Im oh so happy about this.
    Just think guys.
    This would/should cut down 75% Of all Noobs, beggars and hackers. ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • arkaria
    arkaria Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    ayako55 wrote: »
    ............... but its ok for us to come to there servers? nuff said:mad:

Actually the only server we can go on without getting banned for speaking english if (again if I'm not mistaken) the MY EN server. Any other server has an IP block, or bans you for speaking english and not chinese/japanese. Thats what I've heard anyway. So english players couldn't ask for help or anything on the quests they couldn't read :P
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    arkaria wrote: »
    Actually the only server we can go on without getting banned for speaking english if (again if I'm not mistaken) the MY EN server. Any other server has an IP block, or bans you for speaking english and not chinese/japanese. Thats what I've heard anyway. So english players couldn't ask for help or anything on the quests they couldn't read :P

This isn't true. I played the CN version with English patch for a long time before any English versions were out without getting banned for speaking English. There was actually a whole guild of only English speaking people and we helped each other figure out how to play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • animefan
    animefan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    I'm overjoyed at this. I played too many other MMOs where people asked constantly

"hu is racecuit clam lider??"

I'm sick of half the server not speaking english, and furthermore...

Bye bye, chinese farmers! :D

They'll just be replaced by farmers from other countries.:cool:
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    Options
    koz wrote: »
    This isn't true. I played the CN version with English patch for a long time before any English versions were out without getting banned for speaking English. There was actually a whole guild of only English speaking people and we helped each other figure out how to play the game.
    You're talking about MY-CN, not the original CN server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kathrynne - Heavens Tear
    Kathrynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If this game ever force-seperates EU/US/OZ I am gone a lot quicker than I could type "bye bye". National servers should always be an option and not forced down your throat. I have friends all around the world and I want to be able to play with them.

In general, I am pretty opposed to IP-locks. It's called the INTERnet for a reason, geez.
  • Paige - Lost City
    Paige - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i am? lol "=]
    glad to be back =D
    b:thanks
  • engel0
    engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    Tis the truth :D

NO IP BANS ON EUROPE ^_^

thanks!

- O
    roxy wrote: »
    It is international, but they're just blocking the ip from other regions whom already have a pw server of their own. ;)

Doesn't those 2 Quotes conflict each other?
    Europe will get an own version soon. YOu say Europe won't get banned, yet you say countries with own versions will be banned...
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Europe won't be blocked, that's been confirmed so no, it doesn't conflict. And my opinion on ip block:

For things like making friends, yeah it's bad. HOWEVER, it does have it's benefits and (from my personal experiences) it keeps out:
    1a: People who cannot speak english (most of them anyway)
    1b: People who can speak english but choose not to
    1c: People who are rude to english speaking players by speaking in a foreign language, often times (in my experience) swearing or insulting the english speakers.

2: most of the cheaters, botters, gold farmers, hackers, etc. As they are mostly from places like Brazil and China.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • engel0
    engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    they still in conflict, what if europe version opens OB and they go like "ohh europe has an own version now, lets ip block them"
  • syrn
    syrn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ip block = good
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited October 2008
    Options
    If this game ever force-seperates EU/US/OZ I am gone a lot quicker than I could type "bye bye". National servers should always be an option and not forced down your throat. I have friends all around the world and I want to be able to play with them.

In general, I am pretty opposed to IP-locks. It's called the INTERnet for a reason, geez.

Ditto........
  • pixelmancer
    pixelmancer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »
    Are you guys happy about the ip block being enforced on countries that already have perfect world, mostly residing in the eastern continents?

I am

Very happy. There's no reason for someone to play a foreign version when their own country has one unless they're trying to get a better exchange rate on their gold ebaying. Not to mention the contractual issues involved for the companies hosting the different localized versions.
  • soko
    soko Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hello i cant find the IP block post.

Im from the Netherlands are we blocked aswell would be nice to know before i download : /

Thank you.
    NEWBIE !
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I have seen screenshots where if you are ip blocked here you couldn't log in even, and I mean the website, not the game.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • ophidian
    ophidian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Oke ill respond, seeing half of earth is either not realistic or being cocky because this game is hosted from a english speaking country, and actually forgot this INT wich i think is not even runned by mature or real english speaking admins (seeing grammar/online chat ways/handleing hiding bad things in posts and in game showingoff abusing powers)here is running something THEY didnt make and getting money from overpriced items from kids (another story) in a game build by half or none speaking english people in a game that should be for all people. No limit on culture language race or age remember PW INT ?... its a game people join all over the world or half or trying to. and INT should be deleted then from all sites you spam this on and try to lure all people in.

Bots and all the other things u name u have in every game depends on how shittie the game hosters are and how greedy they are ...THEY make that happen wich will actually happen in here to, way more then any other game