Wildwalker Update - The Good The Bad and The Broken/Bugs

Options

Comments

• r3ddr4g0n3ss
    r3ddr4g0n3ss Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Same as most of these comments, it'll go to the load screen then it crashes and gives me that error notification. Half the time the launcher will say that the files are corrupted.

P.S. Add the damn gold coins back, can't do anything with these silver coins, especially when we don't get many of them upon picking up the pile nor selling stuff, the "1 silver coin" thing is bull and barely have enough to pay for repairs and I'm running out of gold coins due to having to convert them. :angry:
  • glycerin22
    glycerin22 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    glycerin22 wrote: »
    I'm still getting 'File folder corrupted' on the patcher. Was there an actual fix for that lastnight? The last time I did a verify, a popup showed 'patcher.exe' was the issue.

Have you verified files since the maintenance? I imagine that you'd have to do it one last time if things have been fixed since you would still have corrupted files.[/quote]

With the game having the 1234 update this Wednesday, I thought I'd try with a fresh new client. Fully deleted Arc, PWI and my computer temp files. Freshly reinstalled everything. Game client showed it was version 1192 I think. Came home from work to see the 'Play' button lit up and I thought 'YES!'. Pressed play and got a jumbled popup and the patcher closed. Reopened the patcher and still shows 'Corrupt file'. Running a verify at the moment but I doubt it'll work.

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Got an update today on a few things.
    1. The Wildwalker not being able to learn skills in the Celestial Vale map issue will be fixed in a future maintenance. I don't have information on when this would happen specifically.
    2. Rank 9 third cast gear for Wildwalkers is in discussion to possibly be added to PWI in the future. Rank 9 fourth cast wasn't mentioned so I'm not sure if that forge fix is in discussion yet.
    3. Attendance issues are still being looked into. If we do get any compensation, then we should be expecting it next month. Thankfully, you can sign in for the current month and the month before, so you will be able to fill sign-ins from November even if it is December.
    4. Staff are still looking into the issues regarding characters crashing and corrupted file errors in the patcher. They are requesting log files from affected users who have sent in tickets to help identify the issues. They've also told me the following: "Most users still affected are also using onboard Intel graphics, so that could be a potential cause.
      If they are able to use a device with a dedicated Nvidia graphics card, that might be able to help run the game for now."

That's all the information I have for the moment.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • lexxfx
    lexxfx Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    Got an update today on a few things.
    1. The Wildwalker not being able to learn skills in the Celestial Vale map issue will be fixed in a future maintenance. I don't have information on when this would happen specifically.
    2. Rank 9 third cast gear for Wildwalkers is in discussion to possibly be added to PWI in the future. Rank 9 fourth cast wasn't mentioned so I'm not sure if that forge fix is in discussion yet.
    3. Attendance issues are still being looked into. If we do get any compensation, then we should be expecting it next month. Thankfully, you can sign in for the current month and the month before, so you will be able to fill sign-ins from November even if it is December.
    4. Staff are still looking into the issues regarding characters crashing and corrupted file errors in the patcher. They are requesting log files from affected users who have sent in tickets to help identify the issues. They've also told me the following: "Most users still affected are also using onboard Intel graphics, so that could be a potential cause.
      If they are able to use a device with a dedicated Nvidia graphics card, that might be able to help run the game for now."

That's all the information I have for the moment.

LOL so to simplify this : they arent really going to fix anything. Wait for future patches when something else breaks and maybe this will get fixed by accident.

This game cant even run on onboard graphics what are they talking about? 99% of people playing probably have dedicated video cards. Its not 1995
  • plushie666
    plushie666 Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Options
    You woud be suprised how many people are running this game on there onboard video card due to bad or none driver update of there actual gaming video card.

Run the game and get a program like ( CPUID HWMonitor ) and you will find out what graphic card it uses when u start pwi.

I bet the ones who crashes when start up are all running that new fancy video with you onboard video card.
    Wich causes your video card to crash due to loads of data and overheating.

This makes sense because only some people are having this and the same problem.

Also you can run pwi on your onboard video card. But just not for long and certainly not that fancy video we got in the intro.
    Post edited by plushie666 on
  • lexxfx
    Options
    plushie666 wrote: »
    You woud be suprised how many people are running this game on there onboard video card due to bad or none driver update of there actual gaming video card.

Run the game and get a program like ( CPUID HWMonitor ) and you will find out what graphic card it uses when u start pwi.

I bet the ones who crashes when start up are all running that new fancy video with you onboard video card.
    Wich causes your video card to crash due to loads of data and overheating.

This makes sense because only some people are having this and the same problem.

Also you can run pwi on your onboard video card. But just not for long and certainly not that fancy video we got in the intro.

If the vid card was crashing the whole os would go off. not the game client with a popup error while everything else was running fine. And definately not while a second client was running perfectly fine at the same time.
  • llassassinko
    llassassinko Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    ok so I went ahead and submitted another ticket complaining about no codes for a while and absence notes, they replied saying that basically this thread is our only hope to get any movement at all, tickets won't help with anything *sadface*
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 82 Arc User
    Options
    Id like to point out that faith at least on bm's vajra and barbs cornered beast is not working.
  • glycerin22
    Options
    I'm still getting 'File folder corrupted' on the patcher. Was there an actual fix for that lastnight? The last time I did a verify, a popup showed 'patcher.exe' was the issue.

Have you verified files since the maintenance? I imagine that you'd have to do it one last time if things have been fixed since you would still have corrupted files.

With the game having the 1234 update this Wednesday, I thought I'd try with a fresh new client. Fully deleted Arc, PWI and my computer temp files. Freshly reinstalled everything. Game client showed it was version 1192 I think. Came home from work to see the 'Play' button lit up and I thought 'YES!'. Pressed play and got a jumbled popup and the patcher closed. Reopened the patcher and still shows 'Corrupt file'. Running a verify at the moment but I doubt it'll work.

[/quote]

Finished the verify and received this popup. Patcher still says corrupt file.
    DXI748J.jpg
  • lockdown#9307
    lockdown#9307 Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    Duskblade reaper form still does not reduce ranged damage. This has been broken since the last major patch.
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    Options
    So I noticed something else today, they removed the option for the Fang For Power quest in Advanced Endless Universe?? now u HAVE to buy an extra 10 Tokens of Best luck to make the cape ???
  • rafal2010
    rafal2010 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Options
    the same thing every time if you [redacted] can't do something right the game client doesn't work how long it can [redacted] last !!! you have to fix it
    Post edited by obielle on
  • cecesloves
    cecesloves Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    my only question to the devs would be, when are they gonna release warsoul 2nd cast weapons for the wild walkers?
  • llassassinko
    llassassinko Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    weird bug but wildwalkers don't have any stepping sound like other classes do
  • lexxfx
    Options
    Sent in a ticket with all the info and logs and even a small vid description of the continuous dc issue at loading screen and a really helpful gm was trying to help.
    Then Sailor Mu replies back with some copy/paste general info from the help section and closes the ticket and marks it as solved. What is the point in the ticket system? Some gm copy/pasting useless info and marking the issue as solved just to get his turnover score up? Its a good thing the support system does not have a rating or feedback option.
  • impatience#7319
    impatience#7319 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    lexxfx wrote: »
    Its a good thing the support system does not have a rating or feedback option.

I think once the ticket issue is solved, you'll get an email asking you what you think about how they handled your request.
  • dwveno
    dwveno Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    I have already sent in a ticket reguarding this, but was redirected to try the forums.

During the chain you are turned into Synos in Santuary. And this form is needed to hand in quests and dig the quest items apparently.

The Transformation was lost on my character when I entered my homestead, and now cannot continue the chain.

Currently I am at "Guardian Charm" which required you to dig a Lunchbox and then a window pops up. It was when the window poped up I entered my homestead and lost the transformation and failed the quest was on.

I have checked for any npcs to try and re-enter the Synos form and could't find one in santuary. There's even little sparkles by the lunchbox should be digging.

Anyways this is just as much a warning before people start the chain to do it in one sitting as cannot go back in the middle of it, and thanks for reading.
  • lilaerin
    lilaerin Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    obielle wrote: »
    —SNIP—
    Staff are still looking into the issues regarding characters crashing and corrupted file errors in the patcher. They are requesting log files from affected users who have sent in tickets to help identify the issues. They've also told me the following: "Most users still affected are also using onboard Intel graphics, so that could be a potential cause.
    The bold part is very untrue. I'm running a desktop PC with a NVIDIA RTX 3090 GPU and an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X CPU which does NOT come with integrated graphics. I can't get the game to go past the weird symbol error and corrupted file verification error people have mentioned from the launcher. Tried on a high-end AMD laptop with the same issue. I doubt choosing between Patch 2 and Patch 1 server makes a difference or choosing between 64-bit and 32-bit client will make a difference as well, but I'm willing to waste time eliminating variables.

It's just depressing getting lured back to the game with a promise of a free code redemption only to find out the game is broken and the code doesn't even work!
  • bringer2014
    bringer2014 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    Action Stones become unusable and I get stucked with obsoleted items and didn't get compensated.
  • ninjawaffle98
    ninjawaffle98 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    weird bug but wildwalkers don't have any stepping sound like other classes do

that might not be a bug as they step on air...

• ninjawaffle98
    ninjawaffle98 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Action Stones become unusable and I get stucked with obsoleted items and didn't get compensated.

they can be made back into LC thats all it is
  • obielle
    Options

You can exchange them at Assistant Wang Tsai for Lucky Coins - he should have quests available to do so.

• lathena
    lathena Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    Mess with me, I'll mess you up!
  • shamus1996#6578
    shamus1996#6578 Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Day 4 same issue , Kurrruptt
  • zigglerdz
    zigglerdz Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I cannot log back anymore with one of my toons. Also just so everyone knows: DONT TELE TO TIDESWELL CITY. It will make your client crash right ahead. Also please whoever GM or so that read this; please reset my toon to another location that i can be able to log back in.
  • obielle
    Options
    zigglerdz wrote: »
    I cannot log back anymore with one of my toons. Also just so everyone knows: DONT TELE TO TIDESWELL CITY. It will make your client crash right ahead. Also please whoever GM or so that read this; please reset my toon to another location that i can be able to log back in.

You'll have to submit a support ticket to have your character relocated. GMs do not generally read forum posts.

• glycerin22
    Options
    Managed to fix the corrupted file issue and my client FINALLY opens. Now I'm stuck with the video playing while the loading screen is still loading. Client then crashes with a jumble of random font.

I'm just happy my client opens now.
  • lexxfx
    Options
    For map crashes / file folder corrupt issues you need to delete both the litmodels files in the element folder and run verify so it downloads the new fixed ones. Warning: its a large download and also verify takes 10+ hours
  • jasmina1
    jasmina1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Can anyone pack those 2 files and host them? So we don't need to wait 15+ hours for verification? Please. litmodels files?
This discussion has been closed.