Wildwalker Update - The Good The Bad and The Broken/Bugs

Options

Comments

• themgirl
    themgirl Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    So , after TWO WHOLE days , I have managed to finish the verification process . So far not having any issues regarding disconnects or other mentioned earlier .

Also remove or move the 'video' folder from 'element' folder , unless you would like to watch that clip.
  • sad#4702
    sad#4702 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Definitely crashing around the quest dig site for Abandon Lumber in the area of Titan Ruins.
  • lestaroth
    lestaroth Posts: 77 Arc User
    Options
    I was going to suggest that GMs should go for a code that would give absence notes, redeemable up to 8 times per account, non-tradeable but account-stashable.

But if they feel unconvinced we should not pay for a mistake devs did...
  • sad#4702
    Options
    After full re-install I can still not log into the game near Titan Ruins. Does anyone have any ideas or advise on this? Holding a directional key does not work as the game disconnects immediatly after the loading bar reaches max. My seeker is removed from the game at this point.
  • sad#4702
    Options
    unknown.png

The error i keep getting, barely a minute into launching the game.

Has anyone actually escaped from this yet?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Options
    Alright guys, I have an update.

For the crashing and corrupted files issues, the devs are looking to fix that hopefully with this week's maintenance.

As for the attendance issues, no update yet for that as they are still in discussion about it.

I don't have updates for other issues at this time.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • lexxfx
    lexxfx Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Options
    obielle wrote: »

For the crashing and corrupted files issues, the devs are looking to fix that hopefully with this week's maintenance.

As for the attendance issues, no update yet for that as they are still in discussion about it.

Is the dosconnected on loading screen included in this? Dont think its a corrupted file issue since it works sometimes
  • obielle
    Options
    lexxfx wrote: »

Is the dosconnected on loading screen included in this? Dont think its a corrupted file issue since it works sometimes

That I'm not sure about unfortunately.

• lexxfx
    Options
    sad#4702 wrote: »
    unknown.png

Log your account in from another pc and move your toon to another part of the map and then you can log back from your usual pc and not go to that area where you are crashing till they fix it.
    If you do reinstall you need to completelymanually delete the pwi folder to remove the corrupt files as some dont get removed when uninstalling.
  • sad#4702
    edited November 2021
    Options
    lexxfx wrote: »
    sad#4702 wrote: »
    unknown.png

Log your account in from another pc and move your toon to another part of the map and then you can log back from your usual pc and not go to that area where you are crashing till they fix it.
    If you do reinstall you need to completelymanually delete the pwi folder to remove the corrupt files as some dont get removed when uninstalling.

Trying it on a different computer does not change the immediate error after the window with the loading bar tuns into a black screen that says Entering Perfect World 30 Seconds and the "/Ooooooo\ Error." Tonight I guess we will see if it is fixed.

• surv
    surv Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    I was able to escape after 5 or 6 relogs. I was flying in the air up in north Western with exp pill on me and had click a spot to fly too. When game crashed i restarted several times hoping once my charator hits the ground it will fix the problem. Finally my charator hit the ground and I was able to continue. I then as i clicked on mini map again i need to put my exp pill on. Bam it immediately crashed again but it does not open to in the world screen. It just saying loading and crashes with the same upper message. Been trying many things all week and no luck.!

• djskukly
    djskukly Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    > @themgirl said:
    > Has anyone successfully verified files yet ? It would prolly take less time to download entire game on 2g than this slow AF bullfeces .
    Belive me, it doesn't work. I left the verifier running for a day, and the progress bar didn't move an inch. It goes up to a certain point, then it just stops.
  • inatrixa#2980
    inatrixa#2980 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options

When is weekly maintenance
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options

the client tries to force maximum texture, water and cloud settings onto us, everytime we launch it, which can cause havoc, especially to older computers...they probably wanna have a chat with the devs about that, i cant imagine chinese players to have liked that force-setting very much :/
  • celestial#9234
    celestial#9234 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    There have been no fixes this maint.
  • donkeykong#1339
    donkeykong#1339 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    There have been no fixes this maint.

Firefly-Village is now without Problems possible. I just tested it! In 32-Bit Client!

• donkeykong#1339
    donkeykong#1339 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Arigora-Collosseum Times are ****.
    15-17 & 20-23 for all Servers the same Time.
    Dawnglory is 7/9 hours ahead for other Servers...
    So we can just fight with Tideswell for 1 Hour. But Etherblade and Twilight Temple cant even get in our Matchmaking.
    How to farm on that way this mass amount of Arigora-Coins for the new G18 Ring?

And the Chrono-Hunt is still taking to many Players to start & the Chrono-Hunt is still not working for the Dawnglory Server.
    Before it was a funny thing to enter, no real Bonus from it. But now this is the only Way to craft the new G18 Cape.
    So Dawnglory People will NEVER be able to get the G18 Cape. There is definitly a Solution needed!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jessica#0563
    jessica#0563 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    just tried loging after todays update yet still spam disconnecting still. whats going on with this game and you guys not fixing this...
  • lexxfx
    edited November 2021
    Options
    4 hour maint for a 2 second file download patch. Yeah they barely fixed anything. Cross server calendar still doesnt work and the auto dc on loading still a waste of time trying to log into game.
    Maybe now people will stop cashing so the devs actually bother to fix stuff without aimlessly releasing new "content" thats pushing more players away instead of giving them reasons to stay.
  • slgrecon
    slgrecon Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    If you press U and uncheck "HD Mode" on new class it looks like a broken sims character slim body and appendages with a giant head.....
  • obielle
    Options
    Posting this in a few areas.

So I see that there may still be some crashing issues after this maintenance. I'm going to need some more information about the crashes (not the disconnecting) since I haven't been able to experience this myself. Information such as: at what point exactly is the crash occurring, is this happening to all characters you log in, which areas are those characters in (if known), etc. Currently the info I have is a bit vague.

Also, could someone who is still experiencing crashing issues paste the message contents? You can do this by double-clicking in the error window and pressing ctrl+c. That should copy the entire contents of the window for you to paste here. Even if it's in gibberish, it should allow me to decode it for the actual error message which should help identify the issue faster.

• glycerin22
    glycerin22 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I'm still getting 'File folder corrupted' on the patcher. Was there an actual fix for that lastnight? The last time I did a verify, a popup showed 'patcher.exe' was the issue.
  • widowdee
    widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    Okay, here is a new question . . . Did G16 molds stop dropping in Warsong? We have done several runs and only R9 molds dropped. If this is true, where do we get G16 molds from now?
  • obielle
    Options
    widowdee wrote: »
    Okay, here is a new question . . . Did G16 molds stop dropping in Warsong? We have done several runs and only R9 molds dropped. If this is true, where do we get G16 molds from now?

Both the bosses and mold drops are PWI-exclusive, so I can't imagine they changed the rates...until pwdatabase updates though we won't really know.
    glycerin22 wrote: »
    I'm still getting 'File folder corrupted' on the patcher. Was there an actual fix for that lastnight? The last time I did a verify, a popup showed 'patcher.exe' was the issue.

Have you verified files since the maintenance? I imagine that you'd have to do it one last time if things have been fixed since you would still have corrupted files.

• celestial#9234
    celestial#9234 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    [quote="obielle;c-12775445"][quote="widowdee;c-12775444"]Okay, here is a new question . . . Did G16 molds stop dropping in Warsong? We have done several runs and only R9 molds dropped. If this is true, where do we get G16 molds from now?[/quote]

Both the bosses and mold drops are PWI-exclusive, so I can't imagine they changed the rates...until pwdatabase updates though we won't really know.

[quote="glycerin22;c-12775441"]I'm still getting 'File folder corrupted' on the patcher. Was there an actual fix for that lastnight? The last time I did a verify, a popup showed 'patcher.exe' was the issue.[/quote]

Have you verified files since the maintenance? I imagine that you'd have to do it one last time if things have been fixed since you would still have corrupted files.[/quote]

Verified files and reinstalled since maint. Issue still persists.
  • obielle
    Options
    widowdee wrote: »

glycerin22 wrote: »

Have you verified files since the maintenance? I imagine that you'd have to do it one last time if things have been fixed since you would still have corrupted files.

Verified files and reinstalled since maint. Issue still persists.

Alright thanks for that info. I'll pass it forward and let them know the issue still isn't fixed.

• darkshellknight
    darkshellknight Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    Posting this in a few areas.

So I see that there may still be some crashing issues after this maintenance. I'm going to need some more information about the crashes (not the disconnecting) since I haven't been able to experience this myself. Information such as: at what point exactly is the crash occurring, is this happening to all characters you log in, which areas are those characters in (if known), etc. Currently the info I have is a bit vague.

Also, could someone who is still experiencing crashing issues paste the message contents? You can do this by double-clicking in the error window and pressing ctrl+c. That should copy the entire contents of the window for you to paste here. Even if it's in gibberish, it should allow me to decode it for the actual error message which should help identify the issue faster.

been 5 days now i still havent been able to log into the game at all keeps doing the corruppted client again really they should just move resources to a new game they were never really this bad with getting fixes outwonder what happened
  • jessica#0563
    jessica#0563 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    i anit getting no help on this so i went the exstra mile posted to youtube what pwi has gave so much of us with this update https://youtu.be/bWlKUxVzi8s
  • sterbindeath#5911
    sterbindeath#5911 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    i am having this on going issue to where i can't log in on the last character i played. i can get as far as selecting my character and then TRY to log in but, the game crashes every time. i've attempted to run a file check and dumb down the graphics or run the 32bit instead of the 64 bit client and it still crashes. need help figuring out if its on my end or another pwi **** up
  • doyfa
    doyfa Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    well, I have been downloading, installing and verifying since last week Wednesday (the day of this fubared patch) and still cant log in and it seems this weeks patch did NOT fix anything. It does not help that they advertise this super sale when half the population cant even log in
This discussion has been closed.