Can't log in!!!

widowdee
widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
Okay, what's up? I log into Arc, click play (sometimes several times before the patcher opens), wait for the screen to choose server, click on Etherblade (showing 94ms Medium), and it takes me to the exit screen. I call it the exit screen because even though it has a place to log in and even force log, those don't work and are useless. I am not the only one having a problem this morning. Can we wake someone up in China to fix this? Screen shots are being submitted in a ticket.

Comments

• implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    Yes got exactly the same problem as of about 15 mins ago. And even after you fail to log in and close PW, Arc kicks off another launcher over and over again until you close arc.
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Great broken NR, broken Wonderland, now broken login. What else can they break before they do a maintenance?
  • widowdee
    I have submitted a ticket and posted to the facebook page too so there should be no excuse for this problem being ignored. I normally play on the Etherblade server but I checked the other servers and none are allowing me to log in.
  • anita#8711
    anita#8711 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Seems the login is broken too, on tuesday NR fail, same yesterdfay whit events at least on divine allegiance none could do the events
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Can login with passport while waiting to be fixed.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11481943-try-the-new-perfect-world-passport-alpha!
    Just a heads up its still early time zone wise for fixes
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • implode
    No I tried downloading passport and that is doing exactly the same thing
  • seal#2762
    seal#2762 Posts: 4 Arc User
    not the only thing broken, warsong is bugged too, sometimes the quest wont even start but will take ur mirages, also the chest molds for tech and ER dont seem to drop.
  • widowdee
    deceitsoul wrote: »
    Can login with passport while waiting to be fixed.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/11481943-try-the-new-perfect-world-passport-alpha!
    Just a heads up its still early time zone wise for fixes

Passport is broken for me too. I logged in several days ago on passport and now when I log in, it says the game is running, even though I have logged out and back in on Arc several times. I can't start the game and can't log out of passport. And since it is in the Alpha stage, there should be somewhere to post bugs but I can't find anywhere to post those problems.
  • widowdee
    Going to to try uninstalling and reinstalling passport
  • implode
    Finally got logged in via passport, though I don't think arc vs passport actually makes a difference. My observation is when you click the big orange PLAY button, its making some call to the server to get a login token. When that happens instantly and then the patcher appears then its going to work. When it takes ages for the patcher to appear, its because the server call didn't work and you aren't going to log in successfully.

So I guess it works intermittently.
  • widowdee
    widowdee wrote: »
    Going to to try uninstalling and reinstalling passport

WHAT?!?!?!?! I tried uninstalling Passport. It didn't work. So when I went back to Arc, and click on PWI, I have to reinstall PWI!
    What a SNAFU. (Yes, I know what that stands for!)
  • myowe
    myowe Posts: 26 Arc User
    So, I happen to log in 1 of my character and it work, then suddenly got booted from server, currently no hope of logging back in, Any ETA on when server will come back online?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Do we still have ongoing issues or are they resolved now?

Thanks.​​
  • widowdee
    heero200 wrote: »

Thanks.​​

I still can't log in. I have even reinstalled PWI and verified files to no avail. It takes forever for the patcher to appear when I click on Play on Arc. I submitted ticket #430247 at 10:57 ET (7:57 Western server time) but haven't received any response.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator

Thanks.

I still can't log in. I have even reinstalled PWI and verified files to no avail. It takes forever for the patcher to appear when I click on Play on Arc. I submitted ticket #430247 at 10:57 ET (7:57 Western server time) but haven't received any response.

ok.

From what I can see this is all Servers? But in windows so ill MSG and see, Im sure they know about any issues and are working to fix them.

Thanks.​​
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Ignore Passport. Reinstalling PWI isn't needed. Think this happened:
    • you started Arc and pressed Start
    • you waited for Launcher.exe to start, this could be several seconds
    • elementclient.exe started and you could select a server
    • here it goes wrong: you can't log in

When you close elementclient and press Start again the same thing happens. Tested this for about 10 minutes.
    If you start Windows Task Manager you see the Background process ArcOSBrowser.exe started. This executable can be activated multiple times. Don't worry, just close Arc and start it again. If everything goes well you will be able to play PWI.

Brings me to the earlier answer about Passport. Only if people want to test Passport they should use it. I don't like the way it's developed/programmed so not planning to install it. I will probably just delete PWI.

So @widowdee, hope you can play PWI by closing Arc via Task Manager and restarting it.

Have fun.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Just an update. Their engineers are investigating the issue at the moment. That's all I have for now.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • myowe
    myowe Posts: 26 Arc User

Thanks.​​

Hi,
    I'm not using Passport and just using regular Arc to login and I still can't seem to be able to login
  • widowdee
    sjampie wrote: »
    Ignore Passport. Reinstalling PWI isn't needed. Think this happened:
    • you started Arc and pressed Start
    • you waited for Launcher.exe to start, this could be several seconds
    • elementclient.exe started and you could select a server
    • here it goes wrong: you can't log in

When you close elementclient and press Start again the same thing happens. Tested this for about 10 minutes.
    If you start Windows Task Manager you see the Background process ArcOSBrowser.exe started. This executable can be activated multiple times. Don't worry, just close Arc and start it again. If everything goes well you will be able to play PWI.

Brings me to the earlier answer about Passport. Only if people want to test Passport they should use it. I don't like the way it's developed/programmed so not planning to install it. I will probably just delete PWI.

So @widowdee, hope you can play PWI by closing Arc via Task Manager and restarting it.

Have fun.

Nope, didn't work
  • sjampie
    Nope, didn't work
    Damn. I had the same while testing on both Twilight Temple as Tideswell server. Couldn't log in, even after closing elementclient several times. However after closing Arc (and checking of all the Arc files where gone) I could log in almost directly. Well, I will continue searching for a solution while we wait for the engineers give more information to @obielle.

• widowdee
    Finally, I am able to log in, after rebooting my pc, doing what sjampie said several times, and trying over and over.
  • sjampie
    I'm happy that you're able to play again! Gratz!

Checked both Arc and PWI's connection. Think the PWI server (in CA) needs a reboot but for that we have to wait until next week.
  • oldphart55
    oldphart55 Posts: 130 Arc User
    rhat joke been trying on & off for 4hrs so far have now missed on farming items to upgrade my CoM to Apex not happy jan
  • lagbringer#6093
    lagbringer#6093 Posts: 8 Arc User
    I've missed good NR events, farming time in 2x and everything. Nothing new, PWI support is useless. We all knew that everything would be screwed up as soon as we saw this sudden maint. If even users knew it will **** up the servers, how could support not know that? Why they weren't prepared? I wuld quit this trash game long time ago if not for my friends tbh...
    "No one ever made history by giving a f#ck." (c) someone, probably.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited February 2021
    A bit of an update I suppose. I haven't been keeping an eye on things so I'm not sure if the situation has improved or not. I've also been lucky enough to log in successfully so that doesn't help :sweat:
    Unfortunately, there seems to be ongoing problems with players unable to login the game. When the launcher is delayed after clicking the Play button, that is an indication of the login problem and affected users won't be able to reach the character select screen. For a temporary workaround, some users were able to get back in after they closed the closed the game, exited the Arc client, and then relogged back in after a few minutes. However, this is not an ideal solution and we hope to have a full fix in the near future, so that users aren't locked out of the game for too long.

If there's anything not mentioned here about login issues or anything new pops up feel free to let me know.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com