[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 12/15/20 CONTENT UPDATE! (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited December 2020 in Official Announcements
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.

Please Note: Please be patient and bear with the team, as US offices are being affected by epidemic precautions.

Maintenance tonight is expected it to start around 23:00 PT, I will try to update as I can for any changes.

* US West (Et/Tw) 12/15/20 - 22:00 * US East (Ti) 12/16/20 - 03:00 * EU (Da) 12/16/20 - 07:00 * UTC 12/16/20 - 11:00 *
All times and dates are approximate to location and use MM/DD/YY

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up - as this is a content update and may take longer than usual for maintenance, it will start 1 hour earlier than usual. It will be starting at 22:00 PT.

And to clarify, patch notes will be up tomorrow morning as well! ^_^

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
No Question this week. There will be a poll to look at and vote on to get an idea of what people want in the case of TW map resets.

Thanks.
​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Looks like according to this news post, this maintenance will be the Celestials Update :) Maintenance may take longer than usual because of this update.

Not sure if/when patch notes will be released, but either way I'll be working on compiling a full list in the next day or two. I already have a list pre-compiled but have to check them vs actual in-game changes and additions first.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The Full overview about all contents to come, https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=213605, its in cyrillic but google translate works very well on it.

Full Guide on the new Deities stuff, how to level, all skills and whatnot. https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=213502

All the Changes on NR, https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=212768&p=11719191&viewfull=1#post11719191

Full Guide on new instance and all variable bosses and mechanics, https://pw.mail.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=213586

Also to note that the doll was listed as nerfed as you can see there but i'll quote " Druid: Cursed Link (all levels) - The algorithm for calculating the damage done to the target has been optimized.", however the actual doll was doing the same old sht when the update went live on pwru, words that it was hotfixed 3 days after but the question that remain is, what patch note will we get~ .

On a personal note, i hope we get the npc that allows you to upgrade g17r2 into r3 by paying the mats every month it would be really helpfull but i really doubt it since its the same npc as the weapons and we didn't get those as well, but hope never dies.

• anole300#5837
    anole300#5837 Posts: 12 Community Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up - as this is a content update and may take longer than usual for maintenance, it will start 1 hour earlier than usual. It will be starting at 22:00 PT.

• obielle
    Thank you for the update anole :)

• athrinbal
    athrinbal Posts: 31 Arc User
    stoked to see some of the new stuff
  • widowdee
    widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
    Why the shutdown in the middle of Nation Wars? Now those of us who were battling lose coin for our buffs and repairs with nothing for a reward. It was only another 20 minutes before the war would end. What a bummer for all of us who stayed up late to get supply tokens and walk away with nothing in our pockets. Thanks again PWI. :s
  • heerohex#3018

Thanks!​​
  • khaleesiqt
    khaleesiqt Posts: 10 Arc User
    what are patchnotes? :open_mouth:
  • heerohex#3018
    khaleesiqt wrote: »

They are just notes on changes, new features ETC really.

Thanks.​​
  • khaleesiqt
    khaleesiqt Posts: 10 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    khaleesiqt wrote: »

They are just notes on changes, new features ETC really.

Thanks.​​

Aw sorry u didnt catch my sarcasm there Heero, we're not used to seeing patchnotes at all, last ones date from november 2019?

• midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    @widowdee it was posted here hours before NW started that it would be going down 1 hour early :( i was even world chatting on ET server warning ppl it would go down 1 hr early :S
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    2x exp, 2x drops... servers are running
  • obielle

• widowdee
    widowdee Posts: 103 Arc User
    @widowdee it was posted here hours before NW started that it would be going down 1 hour early :( i was even world chatting on ET server warning ppl it would go down 1 hr early :S

Thank you for that information. However, you do realize that everyone isn't reading the forums 24 hours a day nor are they watching world chat 24 hours a day. I didn't see any notice until it popped up in NW that the server would be shutting down in 300 seconds. And after being in battles for 1 hour and 40 minutes, there were no rewards given. No matter if there was a 24 hour warning about the shut down, it should have been repeated in a system chat at least every hour of the day and NW should have never happened if there was nothing to be gained by it. It seems that PWI owes those of us who were there. But once again, we don't matter here.
  • ghoraths3#2909
    ghoraths3#2909 Posts: 1 Arc User
    not also nation wars but also northen realm tundra people who attended that also did not get their rewards
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    It seem the "Good Luck Pack Ticket" from the ARC code is broken on TT, there's no quest any where to exchange it.
  • ladykristie
    ladykristie Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    My husband and I wanted to play again after being gone for several years. We downloaded and installed all the latest content. It's reading as Client Version 1187, V1.6.4 build 2667. We are EST (US), is maintenance still on going? Or are we just stuck? Error note: "Your current client program version is low. Please exit and update."
  • rokon#1106
    rokon#1106 Posts: 23 Arc User
    So any news on Chrono Hunt? Gm's and mods seem to be ignoring the fact that a advertised content of the update doesn't work at all on our version or servers. How are we supposed to get 99 people at once on dead **** servers. 99 people don't even play this game at once let alone one instance.
  • ladykristie
    ladykristie Posts: 4 Arc User
    pwieast2.perfectworld.com is still DOWN. I even tested through a couple of sites. No one can connect. I also ping'd several times, still saying server is down. Is anyone able to get on and play? Still having issues on one PC after several install/reinstalls, and keeps telling us the client is out of date. Also why hasn't a single Mod/Dev responded in over a day?
  • kitty2828#7043
    kitty2828#7043 Posts: 14 Arc User
    Are you using arc or the new passport thing? I haven't heard of any issues with the game and the connection.
  • obielle
    Apologies for my lack of responses guys, I've had my hands full with this update since I'm also responsible for the wiki updates. Also keep in mind that mods are just players and not staff.

For the update/connection issues, I'm not sure of an actual solution to this but I will ask around. I ultimately ended up having to copy my bf's updated game to my computer to be able to get on, but I don't know if there's a better way than that.

As for Chrono Hunt, the player limit is definitely an issue which we want to poke the staff about so we have it noted down. Trust me I wanted to give it a try too and am pretty frustrated about how the matchmaking has been designed. There's a few other issues in this update that we are going to bring up to them hence why there's a thread about the update.

• anole300#5837
    anole300#5837 Posts: 12 Community Moderator
    edited December 2020
    From what I've heard, the team has been made aware of the chrono hunt availability/queue times and making plans to update it.
  • obielle
    From what I've heard, the team has been made aware of the chrono hunt availability/queue times and making plans to update it.

Thank you for this update. Is there any chance you could mention the Good Luck Pack Ticket from Arc Code gV0Swcpj as well - I keep getting ticket replies that this item can only be redeemed once per character, but it's a GM-only quest so literally nobody can redeem it.

• heerohex#3018

Thanks,​​