[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 05/21/19 EXPANSION! (Complete)

Comments

• teitei#3165
    teitei#3165 Posts: 18 Arc User
    any infos about the content of the update?
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    sondok wrote: »
    its called "999"
    IBU is a pain relief.

Why 999? And tbf on TT it's called IU.

enter it and you will know :D

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    64-Bit Client. Nice. Just in the login screen it roughly takes double the RAM..could be good.
  • jacobsrevenge
    jacobsrevenge Posts: 61 Arc User
    pwi devs be like: heres the update. now stfu. lol
  • toxic241
    toxic241 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Level 100 pill code for old classes plox :)
    Auragen - Kylin - HarshlandsxDeaThStriKe - ChinaTown - Lost CityOld Videos
  • wanny11559900
    wanny11559900 Posts: 1 Arc User
    maint still going on? im fully patched but cant log in
  • splendideyes
    tabaloul wrote: »
    64-Bit Client. Nice. Just in the login screen it roughly takes double the RAM..could be good.

wait, they bring 64 bit client to fight the memory issue and it takes double instead?
  • geemarkarcher#4378
    geemarkarcher#4378 Posts: 15 Arc User
    when are servers back on?? i wanna play plzzzz
  • tabaloul
    At the logon screen, yes. Its roughly 500MB vs 1GB on 64. Also in the patch notes it says it autopicks the fitting one..nope, have to manually start the 64 bit client. We will see how it goes ingame.
  • najuneju
    najuneju Posts: 1 Arc User
  • tabaloul
    Cant login. If I log via arc the client instantly freezes with both 64 and 32 bit clients and if I run the exe directly it doesnt let me log due to arc restrictions.
  • splendideyes
    how do i go back to 32mode?
  • tabaloul
    If you check the task manager the exe is still 32 bit. still cant login tho, it just freezes when I try.
  • tabaloul
    So, I already tried all compatibility modes, administrator rights, renamed all 64 bit parts to the original ones, overwritten the original ones with copies of the 64-bit dlls and still freezes instantly after trying to login. What the hell?! DX9 got updated, too.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Confirming servers are bk up.

Will reply to comments later when I can.

Thanks.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    They got rid of all the extra wardrobe slots I paid for on my character. Get ready for World War 3 in game.
  • runkee
    runkee Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do you run 64-bit? My client still says 32 bit in task manager.
  • toxic241
    toxic241 Posts: 3 Arc User
    rename the x64 .exe to elementclient.exe and rename the old one to something else
    Auragen - Kylin - HarshlandsxDeaThStriKe - ChinaTown - Lost CityOld Videos
  • runkee
    runkee Posts: 2 Arc User
    toxic241 wrote: »
    rename the x64 .exe to elementclient.exe and rename the old one to something else

Got it, thank you!!
  • sahitan001
    sahitan001 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    to the help for the x64 bit version. Is indeed brought in but were not yet selectable .. in the game directory: \ PWI_...... \ element\ or so exist 2 * exe. elementclient.exe and elementclient_64.exe. Name the normal elementclient.exe in eg elementclient-32.exe. The elementclient_64 in just elementclient.exe. Thus, ARC starts the 64 bit version. If you've done everything right and online since you stand it. ( see pictures).
    http://i.epvpimg.com/nXveaab.jpg
    http://i.epvpimg.com/iWfjaab.jpg

FSP... x64
    the right choice comes with the next patch
  • norksuk
    norksuk Posts: 3 Arc User
    Looks like the daily quests (saving summer, delicious soup, south barrier village) have disappeared. I've also got some old Exclusive Rewards stuck clogging up my quest list - I can't see how to claim them and all it says is Don't forget to collect your prize in the newbie guide menu!

The roll call also seems to have disappeared.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2019
    obielle wrote: »
    It's the expansionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The patcher updated and looks like we can patch now

Gonna be a long night as I try to update the wiki. I'll be making an update post sometime in the next 24-48 hours with progress so people can read up on the new stuff. For now I'm rushing to add all the new class information while I wait for servers to come up.

ALSO! Here's the PWCN patch notes for the update: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20181023/80929.shtml

EDIT: @heero200 some more feedback on the forums now haha, is it possible to make Technician/Edgerunner sections the in Class Discussion section of the forums? I'll be linking to these from the wiki so it'll be good for people to start up discussions there.

Yes of course, I'll see what I can do. Otherwise I'll have to try ping someone.
    its called "999"
    IBU is a pain relief.

Totally called it, this is really what this week's question had me thinking. I find it strange how each server decides what is what or how it's said.
    lunar9 wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »
    Sorry all really busy.

I'll get back to people where I need to as soon as I can.

Also I didn't know they where doing expansion or I would have said about servers going down earlier.

Thanks

We know you would have said, and will get back to us Heero. Your attention to keeping us up to date when you get less than satisfactory communiques is much appreciated.

Trying. Very trying today.
    Checked this msg to see if patch notes had put in - nope, but they should be - i'm downloading patch and its about 70% done. Will we ever get patch notes for expansion patch? I hope so.

Patch notes are up on news pages or first post.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    are you guys fixxing something? or you missed price an item. at lest wait after Nation War.
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Maint is 1 hour early... cautiously optimistic that this patch has more than usual going on behind it? No news posts yet but still...
    phage69 wrote: »
    Please be a worthwhile update finally since u decided to kick everyone off an hour early RIP dailies D=
    Well im hoping that this is something worth while, I mean shutting servers off 1 hr before schedule.... which cut us off of NW is moronic if its not something good. go ahead a just let us know whats up.

Sorry, I had an idea when they where gonna do it, I did guess next week. I hope the update is OK this week tho.

Really wish they would notify us a few weeks before.

Thanks.
  • muh14
    muh14 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    sahitan001 wrote: »
    to the help for the x64 bit version. Is indeed brought in but were not yet selectable .. in the game directory: \ PWI_...... \ element\ or so exist 2 * exe. elementclient.exe and elementclient_64.exe. Name the normal elementclient.exe in eg elementclient-32.exe. The elementclient_64 in just elementclient.exe. Thus, ARC starts the 64 bit version. If you've done everything right and online since you stand it. ( see pictures).
    http://i.epvpimg.com/nXveaab.jpg
    http://i.epvpimg.com/iWfjaab.jpg

FSP... x64
    the right choice comes with the next patch

is it even compatible with win 10?
    i did exactly that ,arc and patcher starting both but not the game at all when i click on start buttom
  • heerohex#3018
    PS, I'll get a bugs thread going at some point. Please just hang on tight... In the mean time please post what u find and I'll merge it. Or copy it over.

Thanks.
  • hmmmmedic
    hmmmmedic Posts: 37 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback given last week, I have had a rather busy week so hopefully I will get this defined and sorted in the next few days and may be a bit of feedback if I can.

Going to answer this first, IBU is my favorite instance. Tho ill do all 3 of them i find the IBU timer is a good mechanic. You have 15 mins no matter what happens to do what you can. It must end after 15 mins!

The only down side I can think of is it takes longer to make a squad than complete it.

Thanks.​​

Is there a place to download the patch? I've been 2 hours and only 1/4 done!

• obielle
    edited May 2019
    PS, I'll get a bugs thread going at some point. Please just hang on tight... In the mean time please post what u find and I'll merge it. Or copy it over.

Thanks.

I've only got a few that I'm sitting on at the moment for the patch notes page on the wiki.
    • Jone's Blessings currently cannot be equipped by Technicians and Edgerunners.
    • The Edgerunner's Combat emote does not function.
    • The Edgerunner's Fall Down emote does not function correctly and can have strange consequences when used before or after other emotes.

Honestly, try out the 3rd one if you have an Edgerunner. My friend did "Defend" and then "Fall Down" and it's pretty amusing :D
    Post edited by obielle on

• obielle
    edited May 2019
    Ooops I made a double post >_> derped by quoting myself instead of editing