Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    wettstyle wrote: »
    But you forgot to see, Joe was told!!. Or so Joe says lol. So I would like to know why the heck does JOE get told the situation in detail, and nobody else... REALLY>. What other forms of Favortizam does JOE get handed down aye.. dang lol.
    Let's not assume anything here. Maybe Joe knows the right people, maybe he was just in the right place at the right time, maybe it's not real or just a rumor.

That said, I'm also interested in knowing how Joe came by this information.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    When you play this game for 9 years and being very, very active you do get to know some people and some other people. Ofc, I try to be as informed as possible.

Surely I can't confirm that the info I got is 100%, but I can confirm that I do not get free handouts by PWE nor did I get told by anyone of PWE. When I combine my info with common sense tho I can easily see it being true..especially with the drastic meassures being taken.

Once it's fixed we might get an official explanation. Nothing is ever 100% certain. Sometimes, even officials, cant tell you the truth or even half the truth since they are simply forced to shut it.

Sadly, a few handouts would've decreased the insane amount of effort I put into thus game but unfortunately I had no such luck. I mean yeah, I do have 8 ok-ish geared r9 chars, but I know everything about this game, anything worthwhile to do. So yeah. Don't try to jump to conclusions when I just wanted to assure people that the meassures taken have been very needed. Something a more official person should've done, yap, probably. Just trying to help.

Please, if you can, be patient. I'm sure this will all be sorted shortly.
  • wettstyle
    wettstyle Posts: 236 Arc User
    Sorry Joe, just sounded like you said you where given inside information, and you promised to keep it a secret. And if you earned The title secret keeper gratz on that:). Did ask the question that if it was anybody I thought was fair to ask:). My apologies if I overstepped my boundaries.
  • wettstyle
    edited February 2018
    :smile:
  • jsxshadow
    Sorry Joe, just sounded like you said you where given inside information, and you promised to keep it a secret. And if you earned The title secret keeper gratz on that:). Did ask the question that if it was anybody I thought was fair to ask:). My apologies if I overstepped my boundaries.

It's ok xD I should've thought about it first that my comment would potentially raise suspicion but I wanted to share what I've heard to cool down the heated mood, if possible. Aside of that, I am kinda used to getting a lot of heat my way for several things I've said/I say :D
  • wettstyle
    lol, yeah I've felt the same before a few times:)
  • yul1995
    yul1995 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Guys seriously,
    which compensation are you talking about exactly?
    They haven't revoked anything yet for it to even be discussed! Lol
    It will probably take those things to be resolved in a very long period of time,
    then they'll have to assest how many people were affected by those changes -
    the amount of rage tickets for losing accounts...

I would rather focus on the clarification of the whole situation and how PWI is going to procceed from this;
    More important question - what are you going to do to prevent such thing from happening again?
  • darksynn
    darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    In situations like these you can only "hope"

Hope that your voices are being heard and taken seriously...
    Hope that the company which still has the gall to plea for your "support" sees you as more than just cash cows...
    Hope that awaited "updates" yell the furitfull promises you expect them to keep....
    Hope that one day there''ll actually be transparency about their actions taken...

or you just face the dark reality and accept your opinions and concerns never mattered anyway.
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    This was done to stop the person running hundreds of JoJ bots on each server to sell ingame coin?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    inzain93 wrote: »
    This was done to stop the person running hundreds of JoJ bots on each server to sell ingame coin?

No, those bots will return.
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    pwi stance on fixing the problem....
    JAILING PEOPLE ON FORUMS EVEN PERMA BANNING THEM. DELETING POST THAT DISCUSSES WHAT THE ''PROBLEM IS''.
    BANNING CATSHOP ACCOUNTS THAT FORGOT WHAT THEIR DARN EMAIL IS. BAN ACCOUNTS THAT DONT EVEN DO JOLLY...
    BANNING EVERYONE BUT THE CULPRIT....
    = PROBLEM FIXED. goodnight pwi. rip
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    JAILING PEOPLE ON FORUMS EVEN PERMA BANNING THEM. DELETING POST THAT DISCUSSES WHAT THE ''PROBLEM IS''.
    BANNING CATSHOP ACCOUNTS THAT FORGOT WHAT THEIR DARN EMAIL IS. BAN ACCOUNTS THAT DONT EVEN DO JOLLY...

LOL! :D
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator

I'm only aware of one person that got jailed, and that was for repeated violation of forum rules. (I'll give you a warning too if you like.)
    No one has been perma banned on the forum that I am aware of. Not that we should be discussing it even if there were, since that is a violation. Continued violation of the rules after being jailed might result in a temporary ban. Permanent bans are extremely rare, and not given lightly.

Accounts that forgot their email haven't been banned. You just cannot log into it if you don't recall the details. We have provided information on how to retrieve the account. In the future, you should take better care of your account information. That's not on PWE at all, that's entirely at the fault of the user.

No offense dude, but your post really fails.​​
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2018

I'm only aware of one person that got jailed, and that was for repeated violation of forum rules. (I'll give you a warning too if you like.)
    No one has been perma banned on the forum that I am aware of. Not that we should be discussing it even if there were, since that is a violation. Continued violation of the rules after being jailed might result in a temporary ban. Permanent bans are extremely rare, and not given lightly.

Accounts that forgot their email haven't been banned. You just cannot log into it if you don't recall the details. We have provided information on how to retrieve the account. In the future, you should take better care of your account information. That's not on PWE at all, that's entirely at the fault of the user.

No offense dude, but your post really fails.

Do you even hear yourself right now? You just disregarded 13 pages of information of how in many situations the email is deactivated and we "LOSE" access to it because of the longevity of the accounts .... So best keep that in mind before you start mouthing off to our community. ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    tek1nig wrote: »

Do you even hear yourself right now? You just disregarded 13 pages of information of how in many situations the email is deactivated and we "LOSE" access to it because of the longevity of the accounts .... So best keep that in mind before you start mouthing off to our community. ​​

That is not a ban though. The account can be recovered. Support email is even in my signature. Open a ticket.

You may want to read a little more into what is posted before mouthing off yourself.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    but, ofc, after you wrote this down with pencil and paper dont forget to save this little paper where you will find it 8-9years later. How stupid is that? Some people move houses 3 times in that time.

Now to that incident itself, everybody who can count 2 and 2 together will know what happend here.

Somehow PWI *lost* our account details to a party it doesnt belong to. They realized that and issued the first warning:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1208539/psa-important-account-safety-psa
    Now this person or party started to log into accounts and most probably cleaning them out. There you got your *suspicious account behavior*.
    Then they made the patch so you cannot log in without arc anymore. But this person still can log into account if arc defender is disabled. So you got this post : https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10803804-protect-your-account-with-arc-defender.

This is the only logical scenario that makes any sense. PWI just decided to go their usual path of not saying anything, just being vage and keep us in the dark.

Now what are the options?
    1. They keep it as it is and hope people will forget about it over time. They got experience with this with so many other disasters before.
    2. They revamp arc. This is very unlikely. Arc is not a game tool, its a shiitty software to lure us to as much of their games as possible and get as much as money as possible. Revamp would mean that by starting the elementclient the client is starting arc and you enter your details into the client and arc just compares it with the arc defender setting. Basically the other way around as it is now.
    3. They return everything back to the way it was and just issue forum/ingame warnings that it is our own responsibility if we loose our account if we dont use arc and arc defender. But for this they first have to finally open their mouth and admit whats going on.

I personally prefer no.3 but as I know PWI it will be end up with no.1

• armoftheland33
    armoftheland33 Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    scruncy wrote: »
    but, ofc, after you wrote this down with pencil and paper dont forget to save this little paper where you will find it 8-9years later. How stupid is that? Some people move houses 3 times in that time.

Now to that incident itself, everybody who can count 2 and 2 together will know what happend here.

Somehow PWI *lost* our account details to a party it doesnt belong to. They realized that and issued the first warning:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1208539/psa-important-account-safety-psa
    Now this person or party started to log into accounts and most probably cleaning them out. There you got your *suspicious account behavior*.
    Then they made the patch so you cannot log in without arc anymore. But this person still can log into account if arc defender is disabled. So you got this post : https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10803804-protect-your-account-with-arc-defender.

This is the only logical scenario that makes any sense. PWI just decided to go their usual path of not saying anything, just being vage and keep us in the dark.

Now what are the options?
    1. They keep it as it is and hope people will forget about it over time. They got experience with this with so many other disasters before.
    2. They revamp arc. This is very unlikely. Arc is not a game tool, its a shiitty software to lure us to as much of their games as possible and get as much as money as possible. Revamp would mean that by starting the elementclient the client is starting arc and you enter your details into the client and arc just compares it with the arc defender setting. Basically the other way around as it is now.
    3. They return everything back to the way it was and just issue forum/ingame warnings that it is our own responsibility if we loose our account if we dont use arc and arc defender. But for this they first have to finally open their mouth and admit whats going on.

I personally prefer no.3 but as I know PWI it will be end up with no.1

this guy gets it

inb4 this conversation gets sunk like all the other ones. PWI just doesn't get it. sinking and deleting comments doesn't make the problem go away. it just makes ur customers go away.​​
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    tek1nig wrote: »

Do you even hear yourself right now? You just disregarded 13 pages of information of how in many situations the email is deactivated and we "LOSE" access to it because of the longevity of the accounts .... So best keep that in mind before you start mouthing off to our community.

That is not a ban though. The account can be recovered. Support email is even in my signature. Open a ticket.

You may want to read a little more into what is posted before mouthing off yourself.

Sir i'm not talking about any ban nothing, I was talking about how Phantom was talking to another player. Get off your high horse. Don't start beef with me again Sylen(abuseofpower)Thunder - acting like we don't remember the things you've done.

I get triggered when I see mod's talking down to people sorry O\_/O
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    It's estimated that the Chinese new year celebrations would last for about a week in duration so anything that is classified as "urgent" "broken" and "temporary" would be put on hold until then , how long it would take for the issues to be addressed I cannot say so stop stressing yourselves over it....I'm just happy this is not a hospital we're referring to - Happy New Year China!
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • hawkins08
    hawkins08 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    this is PWI in short to "INTERNATIONAL" why care about what the china wants...undo the arc **** we cant even force log out our character, if anyone **** (lol even the word ha.cked is censored, you funny pwi) your account and sit happy on your char, you are doomed because you wont even be able to force log it out and you call it seriosly "security" ? you guys are lame wtf is gone wrong with you
  • wettstyle
    If this was a FBI, law enforcement type investigation yup the Hush Hush would totally be valid until the investigation is complete.
    Just to have a lil fun at speculating here goes a leftfield production. There is a server merge ongoing, which honestly I would like. 1. Arc does a 7 hr maint, same time it took to merge harshlands and DG, I could swear that Tideswell's Ms for me has increased, and become much closer to DG then before the Arc Main lol. Did they move Tideswell East? and put them on the new physical server. They will finish the job by moving DG west to new physical location upon a announcement soon xD. 2. Is it possible that because of this and such a large merger 8 servers of data being compacted to Two could be a issue. So to free up Ram, bandwith on the new servers They saw the only plausible way was to Reinstate the MC back to 2, freeing up the load!. Heck why take more grass away and mobs right lol. Guess time will tell xD.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    hawkins08 wrote: »
    this is PWI in short to "INTERNATIONAL" why care about what the china wants...undo the arc **** we cant even force log out our character, if anyone **** (lol even the word ha.cked is censored, you funny pwi) your account and sit happy on your char, you are doomed because you wont even be able to force log it out and you call it seriosly "security" ? you guys are lame wtf is gone wrong with you

I fully understand how you feel so I will to repeat the same thing I said many years ago back when ‘frankieraye” was the main GM which is – I totally understand that the parent company is Chinese based but they need to keep in mind when you target an International market , it’s not always going to mean what the Chinese player base want we want, they need to listen and design their International product specifically to meet the needs of their International market which unfortunately after all these years they’ve somehow fail to grasp fully.

I started off playing PWI after years of being on another Chinese MMO which had both an European and American version each tailed to their specific market, now both versions have closed not because of lack of player base but for whatever reasons with private knockoff versions of their former selves running, but I’ll tell you this should the original be brought back to life the players would return willingly myself include.
  • wettstyle
    When they started catering to the PVP crowd is when things started to pivot, nothing against a pvp player, but its kinda true. In the first couple of years there was a massive pve crowd and they came for a reason, and they have left for a reason.
  • mistressani
    edited February 2018
    When they started catering to the PVP crowd is when things started to pivot, nothing against a pvp player, but its kinda true. In the first couple of years there was a massive pve crowd and they came for a reason, and they have left for a reason.

Yup I remembered lobbying against bh29 when it was turned into a free pvp zone back when it was introduced on the forums for lower players as well, having not too long come off a Fully PVP MMO myself I had enough Pking back then and suggested another area away from questers as a compromise lol

Back to the topic of Disscussion and maybe my last post on this topic is a Note to GM - Some of your loyal long time players might be few have lost the lives of a dear one who use to play PWI in real life and maybe sometimes logining onto their toon is all they have left of them memory wise , I honestly don't think they'll know that person's e-mail address and password just only their PWI login in and password so don't take that away from them if you can please...I seen a few messages on WC on my server over the years so I know.
    Post edited by mistressani on
  • mimiskysa#4762
    mimiskysa#4762 Posts: 35 Arc User
    I just hope we get the 10 Minute dc issues fixed. Its really starting to get annoying
  • sleeper1#0704
    sleeper1#0704 Posts: 70 Arc User
    @phantomforce#4598 and @sylenthunder lol if you have the time to argue... might as well fix things that needs fixing..... yeah so jail everybody... it fixes stuff. I WONT WASTE MY ENERGY ON YOU GUYS. AND TO THIS STUPID GAME. WELL GL TO THOSE PEOPLE RECOVERING YAHOO-2014 EMAILS AND OLDER. HAHAHA. PEACE OUT.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    my faction this week lost 20ish active players because of this...
    thanks PWI egg-1.gif​​
  • jsxshadow
    edited February 2018
    90% of those complaining must be bought accounts. IF it's not a bought account, just write a ticket and CS will restore the account for you, no matter if you have access to the old mail or not. Ofc, that only works if you actually created the account yourself. Welp, tough luck.

Also, to anyone that thinks the force-Arc-Login will ever go away again. Nah-Uh. Never. Don't bet on it.

They might enable multiple logins via arc again but arc will stay mandatory now until this game eventually vanishes for good. The chances of CN getting a change of heart on this matter is so unlikely...I have higher odds to pull 5x CoMs from the worst packs in a row. In that sense, please return to normal...Daddy needs a new pair of shoes :D

PS: I do not condemn people that buy accounts...I would be thrilled if that was a possibility..tho it comes a bit too late for me (so much effort and money could've been saved if I could've just bough the accounts I have..and might even have better gears QQ). Lots of people quit cause their shared/bought accs are gone nor or not accessible anymore. That's a shame..cause it's usually endgame accounts and PvP will be alot less thrilling than it was before. But wishing for something and actually following the rules are 2 different things.