Multi-Clienting Temporarily Disabled - Discussion

Comments

• zcorpan
    zcorpan Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why is everyone complaining so much. I think this is a good idea and is TEMPORARY! They need to find out who is abusing the game. I only use 2 clients. And I seem to be one of a handful of people who is not complaining. I always use ARC and have no problems doing so. Remember this is just a game for fun. Too many people take the game too serious. Taking advantage of a game is wrong and needs to be justified. So just sit back and enjoy the game. I do.

Not all of us care that much about clients more about disclosure that is by law if there has been any leak anywhere.
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    @tek1nig We're having another maintenance tonight because the culprit is not stopping his attacks. If this doesn't alert you to the gravity of the situation and why we pushed Arc login in the first place, then I can't really impress upon you - or anyone - any more strongly the decision that we made last night.

Its to the point CN engineers are in for two days in a row and its incredibly frustrating for us as well.

If we allowed this culprits actions to continue the way it was going, it would have had a much larger impact than what users are experiencing now (having to log in though Arc when they were using Arc bypass)

The only thing I can think of where a simular case occured with one perso (I believe) that abused the game to this level (based on what the effect of this update has done).

While nothing was done to this extreme (an update had to be implemented), there was a whole pile of catshops (well over 100 of them) all in Morai (now Dawnglory), theses catshops would then trade coin between each other to keep them maintained. There also sorta to agree helped to organise west arch due to where each type of catshop was located, and selling what goods.

My main question about all this is that for the morai-cats there was no update needed, they were jsut gone after years of being there. Why does this new culprit need somethign as drastic as a possible lock down will little warning. I've had peoepl talkign to me about how they cannot log onto an account where they stored their mats for tt, lunar, coins etc. and due to the sheer age of the accounts they have forgotten the email (and it's password) or the host for this group of emails has closed down or simular cases like on Yahoo! when some of the emails got permamently closed.

<.< I have given up correcting typos for 2018 (sorry if find too many)
  • bself23
    bself23 Posts: 29 Arc User
    @kalystconquerer#0876 your saying that the culprit if unchecked could have a bigger impact then disabled multi client?
    I dont think so. disabling multi client is your response to what this guy is doing. What is he actually doing?
    Whats so incredibly evil that none of us have ever noticed but you all behind the scenes?
    Ive been playing pwi many years and have never heard of even a rumor of something so incredibly devious that requires disabling multi. Which didnt even work to stop,,,,,,,stop what?? Him multi logging accounts?
    Im confused. I see many times you saying what the reason is not for disabling multi, but not a why.
    Simply knowing what the actual issue is will greatly keep people calm and at bay.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Why is everyone complaining so much. I think this is a good idea and is TEMPORARY! They need to find out who is abusing the game. I only use 2 clients. And I seem to be one of a handful of people who is not complaining. I always use ARC and have no problems doing so. Remember this is just a game for fun. Too many people take the game too serious. Taking advantage of a game is wrong and needs to be justified. So just sit back and enjoy the game. I do.

Given PWE's history, and the fact that they have been pushing more and more towards forcing us to use Arc, I don't foresee them taking away the requirement of logging into the game via the Arc client.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    It seems that on Tideswell it hasn't had as much of a negative effect as I thought. Most of the catshops are back up and the amount of people logged in doesn't seem to have taken much of a hit. Other than those who for whatever reason never updated their emails like they should have, or kept record of the emails and passwords, everything seems pretty normal. I still hate Arc though. It is in a nutshell, a fustercluck and should have never been implemented until it was running as stated.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• vang02
    vang02 Posts: 32 Arc User
    I can't even log on with one account becuse arc code injection for auto login wont work even after i reinstalled it and redownloaded it 13x... worked once, disconnected me, never worked again.. please address your ARC issues because users troubleshooting it have to download it again and again and it does not even guarantee that it works, or make another system where it can log you in without all the bloatware ARC has, idc even if u have to confirm email get a code to login or whatnot, but ARC simply is too buggy of a software to be shoved down your player's throats.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    vang02 wrote: »
    ... reinstalled it and redownloaded it 13x... worked once, disconnected me, never worked again..

I reinstalled it yesterday on my MacBook (in my case I installed the French version of Arc and PWI). Only had to fill in my username/password once. Didn't find any problems however in your case maybe it's the virusscanner of firewall that creates the problem. Better to have a good virusscanner than a 'bad' Arc lol.

• ahmas
    ahmas Posts: 24 Arc User
    this is exactly how everyone was when arc first came out years ago and there was no way to bypass it back then. you had no choice but to use it and its defender. clearly they didnt lose many players then either. instead of being lazy, keep track of your own emails and passwords, write them down, thats common knowledge, wether its a game email or business, thats common knowledge! keep track of ur own stuff
    "Homicidal Elf" - Sir_Willie

Sage "JEDI" Cleric
  • kerrri17
    kerrri17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    bye bye >:)
  • bev1
    bev1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    gm plz fix arc i dc then try log back in say im on line i even restarted computer still say it. wish you left if lone befor it was working find now take over 10 min trying get back in game
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options

Keep it like as before.

2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

Exclude and forget it.
  • bartmanman
    bartmanman Posts: 8 Arc User
    still got a banned ip only thing to do is get a new p/c,,, ty pwi for messing with us d3 here I come with the nercomancer since he's back
  • krunke
    krunke Posts: 4 Arc User
    ahmas wrote: »
    this is exactly how everyone was when arc first came out years ago and there was no way to bypass it back then. you had no choice but to use it and its defender. clearly they didnt lose many players then either. instead of being lazy, keep track of your own emails and passwords, write them down, thats common knowledge, wether its a game email or business, thats common knowledge! keep track of ur own stuff

Some of us started nearly a decade ago when you didn't need anything but your User ID to log in. You can't even log into the SITE to try and find out what email address you had 10 years ago- you have to have an arc code just to log into this site.

Thank you come again.
  • monoftalm
    monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
    We need to do following

1 - Roll back changes for 4 more weeks for people to move items from their shops / alts / accounts they lost e-mail access too or cannot access e-mails due to tech challenges on mail provider end. Can you simply match IP addresses account has been logged from ?

2 - IF we really want to keep it is now - do another server merge as many will quit game.
    <3
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    You know I started thinking back to the reason why they implemented this - security breach. I was thinking, what if they didn't try to do anything to fix it. What if whoever **** the system got into all the people who have spent $1000s of dollars on their accounts? Idk, which is worse, having all your accounts **** and you losing everything including those you can log into the game through Arc, or the inconvenience of using Arc with PWI. I am sure Arc purchased the rights to use PWI from CN and they probably have an legal obligation to implement what CN tells them too. Idk, I am done wasting energy complaining and gonna enjoy our base and work with my friends in faction to keep the base open.
  • cheryl1991
    cheryl1991 Posts: 36 Arc User
    you really are hell bent on destroying the game taking away multi client and not allowing us to have our shops up while we play is ****. because of the lack of bag space some of us use our shops to store stuff or get rid of unwanted **** you get from quests like fairie box keys which are usless. and now you take away our ability to do even that. so you killed the game hope you are proud of yourselves. bad enough we have to use go thru fking arc which only causes computers to lag but now you jerks do this those of us who cant afford to put cash into this game rely on the ability to make in game coin thru our shops but noooo you aholes have to make it so we cant do that, really why dont you stop wrecking what USED to be a really fun game each update is worse than the previous and now this
  • greenfire312
    greenfire312 Posts: 269 Arc User
    You know I started thinking back to the reason why they implemented this - security breach. I was thinking, what if they didn't try to do anything to fix it. What if whoever **** the system got into all the people who have spent $1000s of dollars on their accounts? Idk, which is worse, having all your accounts **** and you losing everything including those you can log into the game through Arc, or the inconvenience of using Arc with PWI. I am sure Arc purchased the rights to use PWI from CN and they probably have an legal obligation to implement what CN tells them too. Idk, I am done wasting energy complaining and gonna enjoy our base and work with my friends in faction to keep the base open.
    When you literally can't stay logged in for even a minute after installing Arc (clean install, having removed non-Arc client first), it's more than an inconvenience. That and a new browser helper object for IE which came up as a trojan (BHO.generic) on my latest malware scan have been the highlights of my Arc experience over the last 24 hours. (I'm going to assume - for now - that the latter is just some browser integration component of Arc and therefore a false positive, but it's not a good look for PWE... can anyone confirm?)

So yeah... there are admittedly a lot of people here whose current complaints could be remedied if they just took the time to read Kalyst's posts. But for some of us, it's not just complaining... and when you can't even play, then complaining is no more a waste of energy than the game itself is.
    Mains: Miugre / LigerKing
    Etherblade server
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
    WOW 168 new posts thats not good id complain but im sure everything i have to say some one else has posted lol so ill save you that
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    I'm waiting patiently for all of this to be reverted .... While also wondering what is the clear cut reason this was all done for. I don't like the insinuations "if we're doing this you should have an inkling" - I just feel I can't grasp what exactly is going on in the background - but if our CM can't mention it its probably such a big game breaking exploit of legend its best it not be mentioned huh ? monkey-43.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • celokp
    celokp Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Yeah i had my speculations as well for example pwi catshops if you google it you see a web site dedicated to giving you accurate items in every cat shop and commission shop in arc by alt bots running around and looking in every shop which is breaking toss its obviously more then one toon however it has zero malicious intent as all its telling you is who selling what and what is the best price for buying or selling.

I can't really see pwi putting us through hell over something that lame.

The other thought was people desperate for gold fell for fishing sites and there was an influx of people complaining they got **** there fault lol.

Or the other was pwi was so pity that they saw people actually being able to make loyalty points threw jfsp with alts in the doorways of bosses and they were like no you need to buy new base lol.

Or worst case security was breached and accounts meant credit card info some people save debit account info for easy access on arc account gets **** and you go to the saved debit info for easier access to someone's personal info.

Some one making multi toons and using stolen credit cards buying pwi gold and selling packs items ingame gold etc .

my mind was just burning with speculation and i bet im wrong on every single one lol its probably something stupid like people fraudulent charges telling there bank they didn't make that purchase who knows to much speculation.

• zhugekongming
    zhugekongming Posts: 1 New User
    > @sahitan001 said:
    > It was normal that everyone howled again. in other games multi-clienting or multi-boxing is completely prohibited. And you all yell around because your sales bots are not logable. I do not think so at all that finally made a break before it. many log in at the same time due to Jones quest simultaneously with at least 6-10 accounts at the same time. Just to make money, which is then sold on illigal websites. I think it's good. and it should also be stopped.

That is a half-baked statement and woefully presumptious. Not every farmer is a gold seller. There are account sellers and buyers who don't get banned and here you label farmers gold sellers? And let's not forget that several MMOs are looking at ways to allow multi client to boost the server activity and login metrics for performance measures. PWI has had multi clienting for a long time which has since become the core of the economy to balance the chargers. Subtract their half, and the chargers have no one to sell to and vice versa. Simple Economics 101.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    If we are going to be redesigning the whole shebang for PWI multi client and code of that nature....

Can we get a code that lets us log in multiple toons on the same account..?
    Idk why PWI hasn't implemented this kind of thing yet and deleting account stash stones from boutique and things of that nature seem to be taking steps into this direction.
  • taliban#3445
    taliban#3445 Posts: 37 Arc User
    So give code for exp stone so i can lvl 1-100..ty :)
  • weallfriends
    weallfriends Posts: 4 Arc User
    DON'T YOU GUYS SEE PWI TEAM DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY THEY WILL DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT YOUR OPENIONS MEAN NOTHING FOR THEM YOU ARE NOTHING FOR PWI YOU JUST A DOLLS THEY USED YOU ALL TO SUCK THE MONEY AND THE TIME OUT OF YOU THAT IS PWI
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    ohnohz wrote: »
    In the light of the recent limitations and that omnious evil person that do secret and unspeakable things , can we cast this aside please and move on to the question why pwi is discontinue offering account stash stones in the shop ? How anti customer friendly can this game become ? Are you at war with your paying clients or whats going on ?

You have to be Eff'ing kidding. PWI did a 1 2 sucker punch to the whole player base by locking out the bases and disabling multi client and you're worried about account stash stones
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    bself23 wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 your saying that the culprit if unchecked could have a bigger impact then disabled multi client?
    I dont think so. disabling multi client is your response to what this guy is doing. What is he actually doing?
    Whats so incredibly evil that none of us have ever noticed but you all behind the scenes?
    Ive been playing pwi many years and have never heard of even a rumor of something so incredibly devious that requires disabling multi. Which didnt even work to stop,,,,,,,stop what?? Him multi logging accounts?
    Im confused. I see many times you saying what the reason is not for disabling multi, but not a why.
    Simply knowing what the actual issue is will greatly keep people calm and at bay.

Th "culprit" is winning by having PWI all but shut down and put knives in the player bases collective backs
  • xcybershot
    xcybershot Posts: 17 Arc User
    Just take ur money back and quit! There arnt holding the ToS so u get all money back
  • elescatshop#5200
    elescatshop#5200 Posts: 5 Arc User
    zeevhaora wrote: »
    1) Suggested Number of Multi-client Options

Keep it like as before.

2) Arc Platform Improvements (such as exclusives, meaningful content etc.)*

Exclude and forget it.

^ this