Important Maintenance Announcement for 2/28/2017

Options

Comments

• gf4ekg
    gf4ekg Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    GM's should make all Violet Razor that was bought from boutique bound. That is the only solution.
    Check-in all people who miss it. Somehow. Rollback server for 1 day. Make 29 days in February.
    Estimated damage to the economy is measured in trillions of coins. Tideswell's economy was so chaotic before that. Now that bug will make final shot to it.
    Here is math: 8 days, 100 people with 100 gold found the bug. For 100 gold you can buy 200 flyers. Sell em after sale for 50m ea. 10B profit.
    that is from 1 guy with 100 gold.
    What if there is more people like him? For example, 100 people? 10B*100=1 Trillion.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    Options
    gf4ekg wrote: »
    GM's should make all Violet Razor that was bought from boutique bound. That is the only solution.
    Check-in all people who miss it. Somehow. Rollback server for 1 day. Make 29 days in February.
    Estimated damage to the economy is measured in trillions of coins. Tideswell's economy was so chaotic before that. Now that bug will make final shot to it.
    Here is math: 8 days, 100 people with 100 gold found the bug. For 100 gold you can buy 200 flyers. Sell em after sale for 50m ea. 10B profit.
    What if there is more people like him? For example, 100 people? 10B*100=1 Trillion.

wishful thinking^
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • storm#4377
    storm#4377 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    Will the servers be back up earlier than normal since they went down earlier than normal?
  • linder420
    linder420 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    You know the best way to solve this would be a roll back on dawnsglory server to befor the mount went on sale for that. Then a 2x drop event for the unexpected maintenance like usual. As i see it that would be the eaziest and most logical way to go about it
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Stoner_zpsc496e801.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • gf4ekg
    gf4ekg Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    malllliii wrote: »

wishful thinking^

I just wanna say that this bug abuse is not fair to other players. Bound All Violet Razors that was bought from 22 February will really fix that problem.
  • kitten1970
    kitten1970 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options

is ok. I have short memory...
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Options

Flyers mounts and fashion have very little intrinsic value. Pretty much any of those with more than 1000 copies on a server are going to be worth about 2m each. Just look at the Colored Deer mount or something. If it was rare you can ask for 150m but it's so common it's nearly worthless.
    ​​
  • patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    Options
    Wow people...just wow. If this has completely ruined your day like most of the posts lead us to believe, then maybe it is time you stepped away from the computer for awhile anyway. Worse, We will have six to eight hours of whining in world chat tomorrow to top it off and will have to have WC off all day again. **** happens people and it's just a game. If it stresses you out that much how much "fun" can you actually be having to start with.
  • batgirl311
    batgirl311 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    How much longer for this server update? I am bored. Nothing to do on PS4 either *sigh*
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User
    Options

Do you even read ?

the Cash Shop is universal across all servers - once Tideswell clocked over they would have seen the same price and then finally West Coast. This can't be simply addressed as "pull down one server, fix it, then put it back up" as data goes across all. Dawnglory saw it earlier because sales are set at 1:00 AM PST to fire off. Any changes we do to the Cash Shop requires a patch - and patches have to be not just for EN but for our other clients as well (French and German).

If we leave it until regular maintenance, we would then be the issue of "well how come Dawnglory and Tideswell got to benefit from a lower price, I want my money back because I overpaid!" Not to mention the implications of knowing this was an issue and not saying anything to our CN offices? That would definitely not go over well, for multiple reasons.

this sale did NOT even start yet
  • mystuffies
    mystuffies Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    @dregenfox No I don't have any issues with players on Dawnglory that bought 20,50,100 or 200 of those flyers, because I don't play on Dawnglory so that doesn't affect me in anyway.(also those flyers will be worth 2-5m even months after this mistake, there's not a 100 nightshades in need of flyers come on lol)
    Maybe I missed it, but nothing has been said about that. No post saying that those 50 silver flyers will be removed and the silver will be reimbursed or anything of the sort.

So contrary to what kalyst said, there will be players complaining about how Dawnglory were the only ones that got to profit from the mistake. Not even mentioning that for them it was already the 1st of March so they didn't miss any dailys or check ins.

Point being the early maintenance didn't really solve the problem, it just aggrandized the whole situation. I believe that players wouldn't have been whining about how Dawnglory got to "profit" from the mispriced flyers IF THEY HAD BEEN ABLE TO FINISH THEIR ****.
  • ibajames101
    ibajames101 Posts: 56 Arc User
    Options
    Wow people...just wow. If this has completely ruined your day like most of the posts lead us to believe, then maybe it is time you stepped away from the computer for awhile anyway. Worse, We will have six to eight hours of whining in world chat tomorrow to top it off and will have to have WC off all day again. **** happens people and it's just a game. If it stresses you out that much how much "fun" can you actually be having to start with.

Take your own advice, these people's "stress" isnt any of your concern just take a step away xD
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    mystuffies wrote: »
    Point being the early maintenance didn't really solve the problem, it just aggrandized the whole situation. I believe that players wouldn't have been whining about how Dawnglory got to "profit" from the mispriced flyers IF THEY HAD BEEN ABLE TO FINISH THEIR ****.

Whoever made the call to shut down all the servers is braindead. All issues would have been avoided if they only shut down the EU server and let the others run until normal maint. At that point they could have taken their time making a new patch and no one would have missed anything.

OK, the EU guys would have had an extended downtime, but that is small potatoes compared to the mess that we have now.

• acesniper1991
    acesniper1991 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    im not going to ask for much all i ask is are we going to be getting the vampire class in next expansion for sure can i look forward to a new class
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876

Kind of off topic but since we are talking about flyers here, I have a question.

Any Idea if there will be more Resource wars sealed flyers on next big Update?
    I have a few wishful wing tokens and I am not sure if to wait a bit till next Update or use them on something already in existence. Although the ones currently available are not really my style :D
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    asterelle wrote: »

Flyers mounts and fashion have very little intrinsic value. Pretty much any of those with more than 1000 copies on a server are going to be worth about 2m each. Just look at the Colored Deer mount or something. If it was rare you can ask for 150m but it's so common it's nearly worthless.
    ​​

^ This. People talk about economy blah blah and don't realise how worthless that flyer already was. Now imagine having 100+ of the same flyer xD... oh yeah!, "the profit that person will make will be damn high"... riiiight.. xD

The damn flyer can be bought with Soldier's Pay, and people usually sell those sealed flyers for like 5-10m at least on Etherblade server, and then you can upgrade it with a Wishful Wing token which was 27m each before server shut down. Seriously, who would buy it from the boutique with the thought of making a profit out of it later? Are there even 100+ Nightshade mains or serious alts per server, who can easily pay 50m for a far-from-unique/rare flyer? Nowadays, the people who can afford expensive stuff don't need it, and the people who need it can't afford to buy it, so they either make an army of JOJ alts, or don't stay for too long in this game.

Make the flyers bound, ban their asses, or simply wait untill they end up selling for a price so low they'll realise they would've got a better profit if they sold that Gold to players..even in the Auctioneer with the fee xD. Lol, they played themselves.

War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    ironpwner wrote: »
    asterelle wrote: »

​​

^ This. People talk about economy blah blah and don't realise how worthless that flyer already was. Now imagine having 100+ of the same flyer xD... oh yeah!, "the profit that person will make will be damn high"... riiiight.. xD

The damn flyer can be bought with Soldier's Pay, and people usually sell those sealed flyers for like 5-10m at least on Etherblade server, and then you can upgrade it with a Wishful Wing token which was 27m each before server shut down. Seriously, who would buy it from the boutique with the thought of making a profit out of it later? Are there even 100+ Nightshade mains or serious alts per server, who can easily pay 50m for a far-from-unique/rare flyer? Nowadays, the people who can afford expensive stuff don't need it, and the people who need it can't afford to buy it, so they either make an army of JOJ alts, or don't stay for too long in this game.

Make the flyers bound, ban their asses, or simply wait untill they end up selling for a price so low they'll realise they would've got a better profit if they sold that Gold to players..even in the Auctioneer with the fee xD. Lol, they played themselves.

Exactly what I thought... "what profit"
  • thewacko
    thewacko Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    can we get back to the discussion here? tiger-9.gif

@kalystconquerer#0876 can we also get an update as to when the servers will be back up?​​
  • sinchalla
    sinchalla Posts: 58 Arc User
    Options
    Anyone know when this will be done? D:
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    Options
    aensidhe wrote: »
    So we are out all our bh, fsp, dailies and other stuff for the 28th...how do you think you can compensate us for that? I mean you can't give us back all the stuff we've lost can you? I was in the middle of doing a bunch of stuff on 2 toons and still had to do check-ins on those accounts, now I can't and it will show me having missed a day when I didn't. Can you fix that and give me my A-chest from today's check in? And the dailies, I was working on leveling my Twighlight Sky, how you going to give me back my Vita I would of gotten? I'm not too happy with you guys. I mean couldn't you just have taken down the Cash shop not the whole freaking game?

You legitimately need rehab. Please seek help if early maintenance is stressing you out this much. I will not be replying to any replies from you on this post. I just wanted to let you, and anyone else who is seriously stressed about the things you've lost, that as unfortunate as it is, you're playing a video game. You're already wasting your time, so am I.

I would've completed my JoJ quests and finally got my last piece of TT99, but now, because of early maintenance, I won't. Know what I'ma do? I'ma go find a show I haven't seen on netflix, and crack open a can of knock-off brand soda. I suggest you do the same.

The fact that PWI is offering any compensation is a courtesy that they never even had to offer, but were kinda enough to consider to rectify their mistakes.

Any updates on the length of the maintenance would be appreciated. Thank you, and off to watch a show I go.

These "It's a video game" excuses are pretty lame. Everyone spends time and money doing something, whether it be shopping, clubbing, working or going to a movie. Hey, let's do an emergency maintenance on a theater and kick everyone out, but it's "just a movie". It's "just life". Unless you are dead or dreaming, it's all life.

Totally different scenario. And that situation happens too. My point is, if half way through a movie, the projector malfunctions, and you throw a fit, what does it solve? No need to rage. Just sit the hell back and wait for a solution from someone who actually knows what they're talking about, after all, it's just a movie.

Also 2 episodes into Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Gotta say, idk what to think yet. Definitely low production cost to start with, but I mean, it did last 7 seasons apparently, so it's gotta get some funding eventually. Instead of raging, go watch a few episodes and tell me whatcha think. I'ma head to sleep, but when i wake up, I promise to check for your feedback, on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

P.S. Try a summit cola while you watch as well. Total Knock-off of RC Cola. It's like a Knock-off Knock-off, it'll blow yer mind.

Buffy? The first couple of seasons are pretty good. After that they get cheesy and Buffy got a big facelift and went nutty. But I watched that years ago.

I played LoL in the meantime while still 'raging' about extremely bad GM decisions and the 'videogame' defence. Hell the industry is worth a hell of a lot more nowadays; it sure aint the Tetris years.
  • babyjairo11
    babyjairo11 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    7 pages on this thread and no news about the event???
  • mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    be nice if you guys would fix the bound fashion idems also
  • coldasice#9596
    coldasice#9596 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    any news of the maintenance? will the servers be up soon? thanks
  • morganalafay
    morganalafay Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    The patch is there, but servers still aren't up. Patch just showed up about 15 minutes ago.
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    Are there any patch notes? Please, cause last time there were no patch notes NW event was broken.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Alright regular maintenance tasks from our end are completed! Now we wait on CN to finish their checks (Apologies for no replies in the thread, I was plugging away at all the usual Maintenance items to do!) Servers should be up after they're done. I'll be back in a few hours to check on the forums!

Thank you once again for your patience!
  • serenityrose80
    serenityrose80 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    Alright regular maintenance tasks from our end are completed! Now we wait on CN to finish their checks (Apologies for no replies in the thread, I was plugging away at all the usual Maintenance items to do!) Servers should be up after they're done. I'll be back in a few hours to check on the forums!

Thank you once again for your patience!

thank you for the update
  • arisamarande
    arisamarande Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Patch notes up @ Dawnglory end. Server still down though.
  • cenaisback
    cenaisback Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    Any idea about when will be server up ?
  • storm#4377
    storm#4377 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    It says there are charge rewards starting Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 (12AM PDT) on this post:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/10415883-charge-bonus

However when you go to the charge rewards page it says:
    Unfortunately there are no active charge reward promotions currently running.

I am confused...