Important Maintenance Announcement for 2/28/2017

Options
1235»

Comments

• kitten1970
    kitten1970 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    Tideswell is up at least don't know about the others.
  • jarahe
    jarahe Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options

Hmmm, trying to understand PWI motives and their disruption to theplayers!

PWI decides to do an unscheduled unannounced maintanence earlier than normal routine at the last minute. This regular maintanence usually lasts 4 hours.

PWI closes down the entire server for a patch to the players for a financial boutique mistake on their end, rather than just closing the boutique itself!

The patch itself requires 2 hours to think about how to do the patch by either standing around and drinking coffee or by talking about the news, the weather etc., and most certainly not about the PWI players waiting to play who pay their salaries, and then another 2 more hours to re-work/re-write their mistake/patch? to justify themselves for a total of 4 hours.

And as a gesture of goodwill? on their part, PWI gives/lets us have a Charge Bonus in which WE have to spend money to earn bonus bound items to pay for a financial boutique mistake on their end!

4 hours downtime for a foolish mistake! 4 hours for regular maintance! 8 hours total PWI gives us a mere Charge Bonus week as compensation! How stingy and greedy PWI has become in taking a whatever attitude towards it's players in thinking we are humbled by their generosity!
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    Well its dissapointing for people who played and did dailies in that timing window its true.

Will this mess up ppls perfect attendence?

It certainly messed up my pokemon battles and also i meant to buy stuff from the boutique before they went off. (grrr im a procrastinator)
    m5arXCN.png
  • sndrzzz
    sndrzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    pwi admins/GMs etc... can't do 1 thing right.
    And don't fix that thing either.

Again and again and again...

fail fail fail

• tifah
    tifah Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @kalystconquerer What about the boutique sale that ended early because of this unexpected maintenance? I had planned to spend 1200 gold to get the Althea Ultimate Spend Reward but when I got home to buy, the servers were all down. And now the sale is gone and there's nothing to spend 1200 gold on. Can you get the sale back at least? I'm sure I'm not the only one who missed the sale because of this.
  • rosdom
    rosdom Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    I don't understand though, the immediate shutdown was because of the arrival of new sales, and by that time , the sales you wanted were already gone. Or is this just the case for Dawnglory, because they get them earlier than all the rest? The other 3 servers would've still had the sales ongoing in the window of the unexpected shutdown? Just wondering here, not trying to be offensive. :|
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Options
    i just want dejan hatchling in the cash shop
  • jarahe
    Options
    Hmmm, no response from a moderator, technical support, customer service or GM's regarding the questions asked including myself in this forumn asking for an explanation and what if any, for compensation (charge rewards week, does not count, nothing more than a financial tool for PWI) for the boutique sale that was promised to end on March 1st, 2017, NOTon February 28th, 2017! Please explain yourself and give forethought to the these questions, and what can we expect in the way of compensation due to no fault of us (players)?
  • laiwaisan
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wait was this all for a 50 silver flyer they wanted to charge you 50 bucks for that you can earn in the game for free? dramatic pause .........wait for it..........wait for it ...ok you know you can buy an x-box one game for that price lol wtf you would of been better off charging 5 bucks and i dont want to see any more strange numbers in the cash shop for items to try to get us to buy more gold like 6 gold for item one of set and 5 gold for the second part of the fash set equaling 11 gold when normally its 5+5 or leaves you with one gold or 2 but now i notice anything i buy or want is slightly out of reach so i buy 20 gold instead of the 10 gold that i use to be able to get by on ? maybe i am trippin but looks like there nicling an pennying everything
  • stealraine81
    stealraine81 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Options
    seems they did more then just change the flyers price. there were items before maintence that allowed you to max your sky lvl, but I no longer see them after maint. granted the one I do remember was for shifting sky max lvl and cost 378 gold. im just noticing other things besides the flyer mishap.
  • fatalmoon
    fatalmoon Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    seems they did more then just change the flyers price. there were items before maintence that allowed you to max your sky lvl, but I no longer see them after maint. granted the one I do remember was for shifting sky max lvl and cost 378 gold. im just noticing other things besides the flyer mishap.

those items were a scheduled sale from the players choice boutique that ended on the 28th
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the fates decide our destiny. our hearts decide our passion.
  • jarahe
    Options
    Err, the much publicized promo for the boutique sale was to end on March 1st, 2017 at 12:01am NOT February 28th 2017, but due to the foolish financial mistake taken in boutique they chose to close the entire server, rather than just the boutique itself. Fail!
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    @rosdom Tideswell would have also seen the incorrect price before our regular maintenance shutdown as well, so it would have been live for them for one hour. Since data is the same across all servers, it meant that DG got to "see sales ahead of time" and, unfortunately, this meant that those who's sales did not "clock over" immediately (East and West) would have their sales cut shorter.

@tifah Bringing that series of sales back would require us to patch again (and me pushing the schedule out to them). It's really disappointing for me, especially because this maintenance affected the first run of an event I was trying out and was documenting the results for. Now it'll be skewed by this early closing. I'll definitely be working on a way to do something about these sales going off early for users who were not in the timezones to have them pass to completion (West and East) but for now, I'll have to leave the patch where it is. Adding/subtracting sales last minute could cause this same type of thing to happen again.

I've been going though the rest of the emails I received after I left the office. CS will be made aware of the attendance issues and I'll be setting up the tickets today for the bonus event. If I'm absent off the forums for the better part of the day, it'll be mostly for addressing this issue. I'll try to come on again if I have anything really compelling to share, but otherwise I'll be back when I can! Thank you all once again for your patience and we apologize for the great inconvenience this caused many of our players.
  • tifah
    Options

@tifah Bringing that series of sales back would require us to patch again (and me pushing the schedule out to them). It's really disappointing for me, especially because this maintenance affected the first run of an event I was trying out and was documenting the results for. Now it'll be skewed by this early closing. I'll definitely be working on a way to do something about these sales going off early for users who were not in the timezones to have them pass to completion (West and East) but for now, I'll have to leave the patch where it is. Adding/subtracting sales last minute could cause this same type of thing to happen again.

@kalystconquerer#0876 Thanks for looking into this! But also please keep in mind that cutting the sale short had the bigger impact of missing the Althea Ultimate Spend Reward. Even though the promo is still on-going, there is literally nothing to buy now, so right now I'm sitting on 1200 gold and nothing to spend and no Althea. :( I'm not the only one either, someone else in our guild also said that he didn't finish spending the gold to get Althea as well. Is there anything you can do to help solve that? Maybe perhaps run a weekend flash sale for the most popular sales items like Sochi packs, dragons orbs, etc before the Althea promo ends? That would give people the opportunity to spend their gold.

It'd be greatly appreciated if you can help on this! And also thanks for everything you've already done. I've been playing PWI for many years and I have to say that you are one of the most responsive and helpful PWI employees ever. So thank you!

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    i just want dejan hatchling in the cash shop

Why? It's so easy to get unless you are not a veno

By the way, when enforcing the rule of law and existing immigration law is considered racist then you know those making that accusation have a real problem considering that the immigration laws apply equally to every immigrant from every other country.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    tifah wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 Thanks for looking into this! But also please keep in mind that cutting the sale short had the bigger impact of missing the Althea Ultimate Spend Reward. Even though the promo is still on-going, there is literally nothing to buy now, so right now I'm sitting on 1200 gold and nothing to spend and no Althea. :( I'm not the only one either, someone else in our guild also said that he didn't finish spending the gold to get Althea as well. Is there anything you can do to help solve that? Maybe perhaps run a weekend flash sale for the most popular sales items like Sochi packs, dragons orbs, etc before the Althea promo ends? That would give people the opportunity to spend their gold.

It'd be greatly appreciated if you can help on this! And also thanks for everything you've already done. I've been playing PWI for many years and I have to say that you are one of the most responsive and helpful PWI employees ever. So thank you!

I know people are struggling with the lack of stuff to buy atm but I dont understand how one would have 1,2k to spend at this point. Players choice event was obviously going to be the thing to spend on when we saw the prices - I know I didnt only spend my 1,2k gold but already turned it back into coins. Like sure, I can understand you want to see next sales on EU server before purchasing your items on current sale but specially this sale it was just taking a pointless risk. Then again finding end date for players choice was cancer, which might of screwed some ppl over but that has nothing to do with the early maint.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • tifah
    Options
    saxroll wrote: »

I know people are struggling with the lack of stuff to buy atm but I dont understand how one would have 1,2k to spend at this point. Players choice event was obviously going to be the thing to spend on when we saw the prices - I know I didnt only spend my 1,2k gold but already turned it back into coins. Like sure, I can understand you want to see next sales on EU server before purchasing your items on current sale but specially this sale it was just taking a pointless risk. Then again finding end date for players choice was cancer, which might of screwed some ppl over but that has nothing to do with the early maint.

Not everyone has 1200 gold just laying around waiting for a sale... Maybe you are super rich and can just spend 1200 gold on the first day of the sale, but not everyone can do that. Whether someone should spend gold early or late is irrelevant. The fact is simple: the sale was cut short unexpectedly with no warning and due to no fault from the players and that caused some people to miss out on Althea. If we look at all the impacts from this emergency maintenance and compare them: missed dailies, missed attendance, missed check-in, missed meridian, missed events, or missed Althea. Which one has the most impact on players? I'd bet that most people will agree that missing Althea, especially if you are just 1 card short from Nuema Portal, is by far the biggest impact.
  • laiwaisan
    Options
    dont take it out on kalystconquerer at least he or she trys and has always been fair to us any hoot wuv u kalystconquerer keep up the good work thes things happen we still wuv u