Important Maintenance Announcement for 2/28/2017

Options

Comments

• melimori
    melimori Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Unbeleavable, only chance I have to play today, thinking have time to get my dailies done and your shut down. What is new! Bad enough I'm starting to think no reason to buy gold anymore since all the rewards for spending are bound, not upgradable etc.
  • shannahand
    shannahand Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    Life is not fair... This game is not fair....Neither is supposed to be or promised to you. End of story. Life goes on.
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    @ladytsukiyomi
    And I quote:

[quote=
    @midnightstarrz currently the AMP in CN is not in right now but she will be coming in very soon! She will be building us anew patch to push to us, which we will then test and make sure it is good to release. Surtr and I will be here tonight and when I'm able to, will push you guys any updates I'm able to. I will be hunkering in hoping it won't be a long maintenance![/quote]

I do comprehend what I ready thanks. And what I read and what I get from this post from a GM is that they don't know how long it will be! They don't even have a patch for it yet nor is the person who will write the patch at work! So to me it would seem that it might take quite a while...so that's what I comrehend! Perhaps you need to work on your own reading comprehension? Yeah..
  • coldasice#9596
    coldasice#9596 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    any idea when the servers will up
  • ladytsukiyomi
    ladytsukiyomi Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    @ladytsukiyomi
    And I quote:

[quote=
    @midnightstarrz currently the AMP in CN is not in right now but she will be coming in very soon! She will be building us anew patch to push to us, which we will then test and make sure it is good to release. Surtr and I will be here tonight and when I'm able to, will push you guys any updates I'm able to. I will be hunkering in hoping it won't be a long maintenance!

I do comprehend what I ready thanks. And what I read and what I get from this post from a GM is that they don't know how long it will be! They don't even have a patch for it yet nor is the person who will write the patch at work! So to me it would seem that it might take quite a while...so that's what I comrehend! Perhaps you need to work on your own reading comprehension? Yeah..[/quote]
    Except no it doesn't mean that it's going to take a long maintenance. Even if it were, go do something else. Do your homework or housework. Go to sleep. Do more than just crying about how long maintenance is.

• sensualsoul
    Options
    any idea when the servers will up

Nope they don't know GM said she/he would keep us posted.

• kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    I can't scan through all the comments at the moment, since I want to get an update to you guys first!

The AMP is in the office and it will take here about 1-2 hours to make a patch give or take. We will then start our maintenance early, so hopefully we can get the servers back up and with some events running a bit earlier than normal *hint hint*

Thank you for your patience and we'll be continuously updating this as the maintenance progresses!

In the meantime, have some more teaser pictures!

4aung1qmap2n.bmp
    iwe4z9bea0o8.bmp
  • sensualsoul
    Options
    @ladytsukiyomi
    And I quote:

[quote=
    @midnightstarrz currently the AMP in CN is not in right now but she will be coming in very soon! She will be building us anew patch to push to us, which we will then test and make sure it is good to release. Surtr and I will be here tonight and when I'm able to, will push you guys any updates I'm able to. I will be hunkering in hoping it won't be a long maintenance!

I do comprehend what I ready thanks. And what I read and what I get from this post from a GM is that they don't know how long it will be! They don't even have a patch for it yet nor is the person who will write the patch at work! So to me it would seem that it might take quite a while...so that's what I comrehend! Perhaps you need to work on your own reading comprehension? Yeah..
    Except no it doesn't mean that it's going to take a long maintenance. Even if it were, go do something else. Do your homework or housework. Go to sleep. Do more than just crying about how long maintenance is.

[/quote]

They same could be said to you, you did start with the snarkiness not me. Nuf said.

• roumenthetyrant#4213
    roumenthetyrant#4213 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Options
    So we are out all our bh, fsp, dailies and other stuff for the 28th...how do you think you can compensate us for that? I mean you can't give us back all the stuff we've lost can you? I was in the middle of doing a bunch of stuff on 2 toons and still had to do check-ins on those accounts, now I can't and it will show me having missed a day when I didn't. Can you fix that and give me my A-chest from today's check in? And the dailies, I was working on leveling my Twighlight Sky, how you going to give me back my Vita I would of gotten? I'm not too happy with you guys. I mean couldn't you just have taken down the Cash shop not the whole freaking game?

You legitimately need rehab. Please seek help if early maintenance is stressing you out this much. I will not be replying to any replies from you on this post. I just wanted to let you, and anyone else who is seriously stressed about the things you've lost, that as unfortunate as it is, you're playing a video game. You're already wasting your time, so am I.

I would've completed my JoJ quests and finally got my last piece of TT99, but now, because of early maintenance, I won't. Know what I'ma do? I'ma go find a show I haven't seen on netflix, and crack open a can of knock-off brand soda. I suggest you do the same.

The fact that PWI is offering any compensation is a courtesy that they never even had to offer, but were kinda enough to consider to rectify their mistakes.

Any updates on the length of the maintenance would be appreciated. Thank you, and off to watch a show I go.
    RoumenOfIsya lvl 101/101/102 RB2 HA Wizard
  • coldasice#9596
    coldasice#9596 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    > @sensualsoul said:
    > coldasice coldasice#9596
    >
    > wrote: »
    >
    > any idea when the servers will up
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope they don't know GM said she/he would keep us posted.

I hope sooner thanks
  • ladytsukiyomi
    ladytsukiyomi Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    @ladytsukiyomi
    And I quote:

[quote=

They same could be said to you, you did start with the snarkiness not me. Nuf said.

[/quote]
    *The

I did all my household chores this morning. Seeing people cry over nothing is funny. You're my source of entertainment.
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Options
    RIp all ppl who wanted to sign in for monthly attendance, RIp ppl finishing their pokemon battles.
    m5arXCN.png
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Now that I got my pics, I`m good, I do wish more than just pics could be shared cause realistically this already bout month long teasing is gonna be annoying to some ppl. I want sneak peaks with solid information as there are plenty of things we havent been able to decipher from CN and I was never too good with wait games.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • athrinbal
    athrinbal Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer#0876
    That first picture, the architecture and colour palette reminds me a lot of TT
    The second picture I would assume has something to do with the new skills merge o.o
  • yoda3160
    yoda3160 Posts: 131 Arc User
    Options
    Some of them do have a good point, how will you fix the fact that a lot of people will end up missing out on perfect attendance because of the early maintenance that wasn't announced well ahead of time. Once the new month starts you can't even access the previous month to fill it in with absence notes so missing the checkin for today means that it's impossible to get the perfect attendance award for the year. Only thing people could get now would be the almost perfect attendance award which some people might not see as being as good. Not to mention missed bhs, dailies, and events, although those might not be as important to some people.
  • po210
    po210 Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    i have read all comment..now my hearth beat is irregular...compensate me....nyaaaaa gimme 500 golddd...
    .Or i bite my toe
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    Alright I'm going back over to just hit a few quick points - if I miss you, its because I'm probably answering a bunch of emails and peering over my side of the desk at Surtr to bother him for updates, hah!

@darkwolf590 Some fixes can not be done with a patch and have to wait for an expansion (particular examples were a few skills that were not working as intended that were only able to be addressed in an upcoming content update). Some issues CN can not replicate as well, which means we have to do some back and forth and show SS/ video etc. Sometimes they will say some issues they can't fix. So there's a few reasons why a fix for other issues can't come down the line right away.

As for why items are bound, items sent through our tool are bound by nature. However, this has been exploited a few choice times when some items were sent out that did not have another ID variant and as a result, people were glitching items to make their bound one unbound. Usually we'll patch a fix for these but we do miss certain items exploited in this way (i.e. Elysian Seals) this is why, whenever I do codes, I always have to be very careful in what goes out. Hope this clears up a few things!

@hiitsmeguys We still have to acknowledge the fact that this impacted people's play time particularly for our EU servers. We can not compensate to the "T" every person's unique situations regarding whatever dailies or consumables were used before the shutdown, but we can do wide sweeping effects like turning on bonus events.

General thread - I know that a not set time for an end can be incredibly frustrating, but I want to make sure we give clear, consistent messaging when able and when appropriate. If anything suddenly changes I'll let you all know as soon as I hear it.
  • scollins3178
    scollins3178 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    right action no notice just start maint immeidate not like ppl were doing anything in game. T fix a simple pricing error they cld have waited a simple few hrs more to fix ? well pwi's track record for not thinking things through just gets longer ubt not like they care as long as ppl dump gold into it. Can we possibly get a game engine invented this century plz?
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @saxroll I have to check in with Surtr what content we can spoil and what we can't (simply because some of it isn't quite done being thoroughly checked). Some names may also change before launch, so I'm unsure if players really are interested in seeing that part of the process (which can happen purely by accident - for example, we could name the spiritual cultivation one thing then decide to change it later but we show a screenshot of an old name. This could cause some confusion when players see the finalized name when it goes live.) I'm planning out the teaser schedules and hopefully we can actually get a launch date out to players Soon(TM)!

@coldasice#9596 I'd like to hope so too! It's not exactly fun to suddenly have an early maintenance on your hands and making sure that all those parts are moving properly.

@yoda3160 Ohhhhh no, that's right. The daily sign in will get all messy. I'll talk with CS to see what we can do. It will affect some of the in-game items you receive, but I think the two big main ones would be the shop and the title right? We'll have to sit down and discuss it :(
  • rasputinthekitty
    rasputinthekitty Posts: 25 Arc User
    Options
    kaly I hope you ate some dinner and are doing well. o:)
  • pluszoer
    pluszoer Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    ppl like you make maint take longer..
  • ericamariex222
    ericamariex222 Posts: 114 Arc User
    Options
    do we have a rough ETA when we will see this huge content update, gotta be like 4 or 5 months since China has had it?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This was a mistake. Doing an unexpected maintenance during prime playing time is a much bigger deal than a pricing error on an easy-to-acquire flyer mount. People schedule this time for doing dailies and a lot will be missing out on that but even worse this is the last day of the month. People use the last day of the month to retrieve their monthly sign-in bonus items and finishing up their monthly allotment of minion battles.

There are also some Tuesday night events such as Jungle Ruins and Dragon Temple which can only be done at a specific time and now people will be unable to participate.

I hope there was some much larger issue you are not at liberty to discuss which is the real cause of this.
    ​​
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    Options
    *cough* still didnt receive last year full attendence rewards.
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    Options
    So we are out all our bh, fsp, dailies and other stuff for the 28th...how do you think you can compensate us for that? I mean you can't give us back all the stuff we've lost can you? I was in the middle of doing a bunch of stuff on 2 toons and still had to do check-ins on those accounts, now I can't and it will show me having missed a day when I didn't. Can you fix that and give me my A-chest from today's check in? And the dailies, I was working on leveling my Twighlight Sky, how you going to give me back my Vita I would of gotten? I'm not too happy with you guys. I mean couldn't you just have taken down the Cash shop not the whole freaking game?

You legitimately need rehab. Please seek help if early maintenance is stressing you out this much. I will not be replying to any replies from you on this post. I just wanted to let you, and anyone else who is seriously stressed about the things you've lost, that as unfortunate as it is, you're playing a video game. You're already wasting your time, so am I.

I would've completed my JoJ quests and finally got my last piece of TT99, but now, because of early maintenance, I won't. Know what I'ma do? I'ma go find a show I haven't seen on netflix, and crack open a can of knock-off brand soda. I suggest you do the same.

The fact that PWI is offering any compensation is a courtesy that they never even had to offer, but were kinda enough to consider to rectify their mistakes.

Any updates on the length of the maintenance would be appreciated. Thank you, and off to watch a show I go.

These "It's a video game" excuses are pretty lame. Everyone spends time and money doing something, whether it be shopping, clubbing, working or going to a movie. Hey, let's do an emergency maintenance on a theater and kick everyone out, but it's "just a movie". It's "just life". Unless you are dead or dreaming, it's all life.
  • mystuffies
    mystuffies Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    Just wondering if Dawnglory was the only server affected(because they get their sales earlier) why not simply close that one particular server, change the price quickly and run the server back online? What's the big deal anyways? Players on Dawnglory are most likely aware when the new sales go off and they check right away (just like on any other sever) so by the time PWI noticed there would be at least 1000 of those flyers.

Of course that means that the Violet Razor is going to be close to worthless on Dawnglory server. Let's be honest here, I seriously doubt any person in their right mind would spend 50g on that flyer when Wishful Wing Tokens are going for less than 25m (at least on my server). Even if by some miracle Wishfuls are still 100m on either of the other servers that's still less than the value of 50g.

If it was a matter of miss pricing r9 items, packs, chart items, orbs, war avatar boxes or anything that will actually have any impact on the game and it's mechanics then it would be more understandable, but a flyer that's now useless on that server is just hilarious.

TLDR version: Next time close the affected server, change the price, run it back online, do your maintenance at the regular hour (especially if you don't even have a patch ready ><).

It's really unfortunate that almost every week there's some sort of a **** up. Whether it's an event or a particular sale. Take note of the past 5 events you've done for example, 3 out of 5 were screwed up. So disappointing.

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Unannounced maintenance on the last day of the month. WTF. Won't be able to claim Check In rewards, absence notes don't work on the next month. This is a massive ****up.
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    Options
    @malllliii I think I only answered this once to someone, which could have easily gotten lost in the shuffle of threads, but some of the items have new ID's that technically do not exists in our current version of the game. So it will end up being cleaner if we send them out when the items actually "exists", which is during the expansion. I have a feeling though that unless we start getting faster releases, this might end up reoccurring each year :(

The EN patch is now ready for us to test! Me and Surtr will be checking it now (or rather - I'll start while Surtr gets some dinner)
  • swimtoo
    swimtoo Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you kaly for keeping us updated! <3
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Options
    @kalystconquerer
    Why take down US servers when our boutique doesn't even update until 1am? We didn't have the pricing problem but got screwed anyway.