Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Comments

• mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    I would assume you need one rune per skill
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I would assume you need one rune per skill

You need one rune per skill but you combine multiple runes to get higher levels of the rune (think puzzle cube necks, same idea)
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    That's quite messed up for the crazy amounts needed
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • eirghan
    Well thats the impression i got anyway... and also some chance involved for success. But better to read the beginning of the thread
  • blackknight0212
    blackknight0212 Posts: 20 Arc User
    Great been waiting for the day where you get that whole Yin Yang effect and put it together
    538v7l.jpg
  • blazerboy
    Oh thanks pwi agian Lady Luck with the RNG gods...
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    It'll probably be different for our version, probably more cash shop-based but our version has always been cheaper. Hopefully there will be a repeatable way to farm these as well so that the "f2p" playerbase can make some decent money again as well, IDK how long lunar/TT can actually last as an income source w/ the game in it's current state.
  • blazerboy
    @dregenfox that's why our version chienkun stones is x5 more expensive war avatar packs are 4g but 2g china..... The only thing that's legit cheaper is rank 9 because balance goes out the window when you involve rank 9. Chinese Sins still use aps which is manageable that's why cursed jail and elimination aren't considered op there. No offense but imo they are far cheaper
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    @blazerboy part of it is RMB to US dollar conversion and part of it is price guidelines that are set by them given to us. There's a variable unknown to me though, which is how much Gold can be bought in RMB versus how much Gold can be bought here "in US dollars" and how that stacks against their current market. We can do sales on items to lower prices set, but those are temporary changes.

There are many more promotions CN does as evidenced by alot of their titles we've found and some of the packs they give from such events, but we also do things here that they probably don't that will impact prices. And if we start making version specific changes, those will impact the economy in ways that can't be properly compared to CN's market. That being said, I'd love to take a look at their in-game environment one of these days to see kind of where their playerbase is at.

Back on topic - As we delve deeper into the systems, I'll see how bad the RNG is. I hope it's not too terrible bad or complex.
  • blazerboy
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I can understand the need for conversion but my biggest hate for this games RNG system it's rediculous where someone can farm for months in months to no luck while others can have dumb like for few weeks and get it, and someone can spend hundreds maybe thousands on cards, charts etc etc and still roll awful stats and yet someone can click it once with astral lvl3 and roll a 9 or 10 chart. I understand RNG is to make pwi money but there's a fine line and it's just rediculous. Runes, G17 rings will be what's next g17 armor too? Ofc it will be ppl you work harder or pay more can be screwed just because someone had a better amount of dumb luck gg >.< I know you guys have no control over these aspects but atleast please appeal to china on this nonsense
  • dregenfox
    blazerboy wrote: »
    @kalystconquerer#0876 I can understand the need for conversion but my biggest hate for this games RNG system it's rediculous where someone can farm for months in months to no luck while others can have dumb like for few weeks and get it, and someone can spend hundreds maybe thousands on cards, charts etc etc and still roll awful stats and yet someone can click it once with astral lvl3 and roll a 9 or 10 chart. I understand RNG is to make pwi money but there's a fine line and it's just rediculous. Runes, G17 rings will be what's next g17 armor too? Ofc it will be ppl you work harder or pay more can be screwed just because someone had a better amount of dumb luck gg >.< I know you guys have no control over these aspects but atleast please appeal to china on this nonsense

I agree that the card system was pretty much cancer. I was fine with the other rng because you still saw small increments, ie with meridian you slowly went up tiers and star charts are a slow but steady progression, but cards were basically, "Get AEU set or bust". There was no way to know how long it would take, because the total cost to complete 6 cards of a set could vary from as low as $1 or as much as $1000+.

I don't think the skill stone system will be as bad, since there are different levels and they seem to be usable as you slowly level them up.

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    dregenfox wrote: »

I agree that the card system was pretty much cancer. I was fine with the other rng because you still saw small increments, ie with meridian you slowly went up tiers and star charts are a slow but steady progression, but cards were basically, "Get AEU set or bust". There was no way to know how long it would take, because the total cost to complete 6 cards of a set could vary from as low as $1 or as much as $1000+.

I don't think the skill stone system will be as bad, since there are different levels and they seem to be usable as you slowly level them up.
    Yea, the card system was definitely terrible design. Runes on other hand seem like they increase slowly and luckboxing them hard is very unlikely. By what I mean, the ones putting most effort in them are likely being the ones furthest along with them, which is how it should be. And as they are tradeable, it creates a whole new market for farmers, which is something this game needed desperately. Impossible to say how successful runes will be in this game but least it looks promising.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • blazerboy
    @saxroll I agree hopefully coin starts circulating more I know ATLEAST 3 ppl who keep 10b+ collecting dust in a bank and growing and growing no plans for it just incase they ever find something new they want. I'm sure others know many more. @dregenfox I feel starchart was just as bad because let's be real getting a starchart to 20.0 is easy because there's a set price minus sales. A good roll on chart? Yea gl first 3-4 weeks of chart Joe rolled a 10 starchart with what astral 2? That's total bs I have astral 5 and best I have is a 7 some ppl opened in astral 2 and have a good 9 starchart. I'm not complaining ijs rng gods are rediculous and out of hand.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I noticed pwdb was updated (though it's still missing icons).

Here are mobs that drop the lvl 1 runes: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/52215
    I'm assuming these are bosses in the new instance.

Here are the mobs that drop lvl 4 runes: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/52208
    Assuming this is the last boss.

If this is like UP or FSJ with like 4 bosses before the final boss... then a full run of the instance will yield 33 lvl 1 runes and 3 lvl 4 runes (plus a bunch of Ginseng / Pig and stuff). Maybe the runes in an average run would be worth 60m? Level 4 runes are worth 45 lvl 1 runes so each level 4 rune should only be worth 15-20m I think. Level 1 runes should be 500k.

That drops the value of a lvl 10 rune down to 'only' 120b or so.....
    ​​
  • dregenfox
    asterelle wrote: »

Here are mobs that drop the lvl 1 runes: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/52215

Here are the mobs that drop lvl 4 runes: http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/52208

If this is like UP or FSJ with like 4 bosses before the final boss... then a full run of the instance will yield 33 lvl 1 runes and 3 lvl 4 runes (plus a bunch of Ginseng / Pig and stuff). Maybe the runes in an average run would be worth 60m? Level 4 runes are worth 45 lvl 1 runes so each level 4 rune should only be worth 15-20m I think. Level 1 runes should be 500k.

​​

There's no way that pricing would be sustainable. They will drop dramatically after the first few months as people realize how little return they will be getting as they approach lvl 10 runes for the price required. My suggestion would be to sell the runes at first and use the revenue to buy up as initial demand falls.

Another thing I don't know yet is whether these instances can be farmed repeatedly in a viable manner. If they can be farmed like caster nirvana then we would require 12 runs/day to get near 6x lvl 10 runes in a reasonable time frame (I'm talking years). Would also increase the supply massively as well and funnel most of the money into dedicated pve farm groups. I think that would be good for the economy overall.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User

There's no way that pricing would be sustainable. They will drop dramatically after the first few months as people realize how little return they will be getting as they approach lvl 10 runes for the price required. My suggestion would be to sell the runes at first and use the revenue to buy up as initial demand falls.

Another thing I don't know yet is whether these instances can be farmed repeatedly in a viable manner. If they can be farmed like caster nirvana then we would require 12 runs/day to get near 6x lvl 10 runes in a reasonable time frame (I'm talking years). Would also increase the supply massively as well and funnel most of the money into dedicated pve farm groups. I think that would be good for the economy overall.

The 60m figure was in total for all 10 players, not per player. 6m average payout per player in a run of 1hr or so is pretty typical I'd think. By comparison a full run of FSJ is 15-20m and lasts 20mins. At least on my server.
    ​​
  • dregenfox

The 60m figure was in total for all 10 players, not per player. 6m average payout per player in a run of 1hr or so is pretty typical I'd think. By comparison a full run of FSJ is 15-20m and lasts 20mins. At least on my server.
    ​​

That's not even worth making a dedicated farm group for. Hopefully players will be able to complete it faster in the US version.
  • gundameister00
    gundameister00 Posts: 63 Arc User

​​

That's not even worth making a dedicated farm group for. Hopefully players will be able to complete it faster in the US version.

this bass has 40m hp and Hits Almost 2x Phys Attack than UP and 3x Magic xD, also there is info about mini clone boss for Harpy Wraith, Last Delta Boss, Ilussion Arma, maybe are the New Lunar but they have low HP than Normal, Also the Image maps for Delta, TT and Lunar are different, same paths but the image its new, cant find any info about those 2 instances
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will change the world..........
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Asterelle pretending people still do PvE content with anything less than 9 alts
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    One thing I still don't know about this whole skill/rune system is if it is celestial only oriented?

What I mean is: Many people say that this update will include a new level of cultivation, and even a new genie.
    So my doubt is: in order to get access to all that new content, does the character need to be celestial?

My main is celestial, so for me is not really a problem but im sure that there are some people who are not, especially alts :D

In fact in my case I am already trying to finish celestial culti on 2 alts just in case.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Well, a new level of cultivation probably means that it will be a continuation of the cultivation quest, so I'd say it's 99% chance you need to be Celestial Sage/Demon to take the new cultivation quest.

Post edited by catgirldesu on
  • eirghan

​​

Aren't coins going for like 55kish on TT? Unless there's something I'm missing that means one person can make about 1.3m from FSJ or 13m for the full squad. thats about 40m per hour for the whole squad.

Idk could be something I'm missing but I think pricing is a bit optimistic for the farmer. not that i'm complaining. Still good info nice catch on the update.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    We have hints on the new culti in our current version already.
    This quest is the one that unlocks the TS5 Roster daily. It speaks of Unification.

Ej4W7p5.png

ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    That's actually pretty cool.
    They've been doing this for a few expansions already, but they seem to actually link the stories/content together. For example, Althea and Alexander have had a pretty big involvement in the Primal World story line, and now we'll be visiting their nation.
  • blazerboy
    edited February 2017
    I wonder if they will make getting +3 stones easier though beyond packs and spend promos. Friend told me today from vit stone to +3 cost him roughly $4000 USD when just +2 was about 1320ish (1/3) the price of you buy everything without some promo. To add to that he still has vit stone in cape and helm so just 16 devil stone nearly 4k... That's very excessive just for 1 more point per stone ._.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I wonder if they will make getting +3 stones easier though beyond packs and spend promos. Friend told me today from vit stone to +3 cost him roughly $4000 USD when just +2 was about 1320ish (1/3) the price of you buy everything without some promo. To add to that he still has vit stone in cape and helm so just 16 devil stone nearly 4k... That's very excessive just for 1 more point per stone ._.

Easy fix. Don't get it :)

It's like people have been thinking about getting a Warsoul weapon in 2009. Yeah, you could get it and its part of endgame..doesnt mean you have to get it..especially since the difference of 24 Def/Attack level won't be a deciding factor ever. It's negligible (at least for the cost except if money is no factor for you and you are already NP 2nd RB,maxed out gear + 2000 Big Notes stored for the next update).
  • blazerboy
    @jsxshadow I suppose, but agian some of us can't play this game just afking at silver pool or wcing for 1v1 and being ignored because there's nobody willing to and nothing to do besides dailies and watch no pvp spark off
  • dregenfox
    @jsxshadow I suppose, but agian some of us can't play this game just afking at silver pool or wcing for 1v1 and being ignored because there's nobody willing to and nothing to do besides dailies and watch no pvp spark off

You would get more 1v1's if you weren't a near max geared DB, not much point in fighting a class that's not designed to lose 1v1's xD.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Tiny derail, but relevant. SoV and SoS will become selfcast only. Saw this on PWCN's facebook today.
    This came to mind on the spot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • blazerboy
    edited March 2017
    @dregenfox I've killed ppl who were dbs on a non db toon or died to nom db toons who I outgear lawl nice excuse ppl try and use the class excuse esp those who outgear me js. Not like sb can't 0 mdef, sins can't damage spike at even full Jsod, barbs can't hit rediculous indexes,BMs can't CC. Seriously....
    Post edited by blazerboy on