Class Nerfs?

Options

Comments

• dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af156/rmaygard84/426c7cee-e1c3-4724-b548-1fc7476e92a3_zpsrx2sxqbb.png

This link to photoshop is the description when using it. If foes translates to mobs only then well I could be wrong. However I have alot of experiences when using it and seeing high numbers show up on my damage log when doing so, if it's possible all those times were just a coincidence, this buff never did anything to help my damage then I dunno what to say.

I think the sin hate comes from people endgame geared but probably not like the attacking sin. Everyone needs to realize to that not everybody rerolls to the new classes and stays working on the same character. I've been working on mine since I started this game early 2011. never rerolled, don't have any other endgame characters, however tonnes of alts and let me tell you if my main alt, a psy, had my sins gear level it probably would be way more of a pain to fight.

My experience having a sin as a main is well yea endgame sins are op but its not like it's handed to us. Tonnes of other classes with similar gear are extremely tough for me to kill. Stormbringers, Seekers, clerics, Barbs, BM's. Now I am just repeating what I've said in other threads...

Well that description makes it even more likely it's a pve-only skill, since it clearly states that it stacks with divine bless.

You have a sin...just get some level 1 dags and test it. Takes all of 2 minutes.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @mooglemonger it's same icon and wording as db buff though and the db one only works PvE (as stated per skill) I don't think pwi is dumb enough to make the same acc on have completely two diff purposes one PvE one PvP. The damage you feel in general is normal for sins even endgame gear ppl can take rediculous amounts from average gear sins. Last major update really helped Sins. Also moment sins get paralyze all those arcanes are just too easy. The HA will likely be too considering I see sins not struggle to kill full Jsod Ha and next update is more sin damage
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Not familiar with db skills and tried looking up Divine Blessing Hard skill to locate. So that means nothing to me but did a test with lowbie daggers and all those wasted dirts >.>

Kind of hard to tell considering how luck based most melee with high crit and zerk weapons are. Well my point wasn't the ulti but I won't derail this nerf sin thread any longer.

Yea there are some super geared sins out there and wreck havoc anywhere they go ( this goes for any class btw). But one would have to be bsing me if they were to tell me that every single sin with r9s3 is so op.
    Post edited by mooglemonger on
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    Options
    Not familiar with db skills and tried looking up Divine Blessing Hard skill to locate. So that means nothing to me but did a test with lowbie daggers and all those wasted dirts >.>

Kind of hard to tell considering how luck based most melee with high crit and zerk weapons are. Well my point wasn't the ulti but I won't derail this qq nerf sin thread any longer.

Yea there are some super geared sins out there and wreck havoc anywhere they go ( this goes for any class btw). But one would have to be bsing me if they were to tell me that every single sin with r9s3 is so op.

If you equip level one daggers you can test damage numbers consistently everytime. Just start a duel, knife throw, record damage, use ult, then knife throw again, and record damage. They should be nearly the same, barring crits.
  • mooglemonger
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yea I did that ^^^
    Wasted dirt as in skill don't actually increase damage in pvp.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af156/rmaygard84/426c7cee-e1c3-4724-b548-1fc7476e92a3_zpsrx2sxqbb.png

This link to photoshop is the description when using it. If foes translates to mobs only then well I could be wrong. However I have alot of experiences when using it and seeing high numbers show up on my damage log when doing so, if it's possible all those times were just a coincidence, this buff never did anything to help my damage then I dunno what to say.

I think the sin hate comes from people endgame geared but probably not like the attacking sin. Everyone needs to realize to that not everybody rerolls to the new classes and stays working on the same character. I've been working on mine since I started this game early 2011. never rerolled, don't have any other endgame characters, however tonnes of alts and let me tell you if my main alt, a psy, had my sins gear level it probably would be way more of a pain to fight.

My experience having a sin as a main is well yea endgame sins are op but its not like it's handed to us. Tonnes of other classes with similar gear are extremely tough for me to kill. Stormbringers, Seekers, clerics, Barbs, BM's. Now I am just repeating what I've said in other threads...

No, it is not about gear difference. If it was that then I wouldn't complain at all. Just saying...when a full vit stone/Josd sin can hit my full josd storm for nearly 30k with a single attack, no triple spark, only subsea, then yeah. Something is terribly wrong.

Sins have the hardest hitting skills in the game, have the strongest offensive buff aka Chill of the deep (cause 40 attack level is nothing rofl) and they got wolf emblem on top of it.

If you compare a sin to an archer...yes the archer might have 20k base physical damage more than the sin but the sin has 40 more attack level AND GoF. The attack level alone allow him to deal more damage than the archer. Now also add to it that archer skills hardly hit more than base damage cause they nearly got no extra damage addons whilst sins skills nearly all have hundreds of % in weap damage if not base damage. So even if a sin wouldn't have GoF they would still out-DD an Archer of equal gears.

That alone isnt that much of a problem tho. If you could just CC sins then you could get rid of them asap hence the way it should be since Assassins are glass cannons by nature. Tidal negates that disadvantage completely. This is what most people dont understand. Tidal makes sins way too tanky. Synth said several times that the damage is justified cause its the way of an Assassin - get in, kill, get out. Whilst that is true by definition of an Assassin...being able to stand there, tank 6+people for nearly a minute straight without dying...well that is not in the definition of an Assassin. Usually they die when they get caught. Not so in PW.

They should remove Tidal. Then alot of sins would reroll demon to get a lil tidal out of Focused mind which would be perfectly fine. Focused Mind isnt as weak as most people make it out to be. It's strong enough. Tidal is broken.
  • alphalordking
    alphalordking Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    Sins only do crazy damage on their own when they use their ulti. Other then that its debuffs are being put on a target before the sin damages said target. The sin ulti is op and so are other classes ulti, that is the point if the ulti for each class ( stormbringer and venomancer ulti's come to mind being if you sit there and try to tank their ulti you will die)
    As for debuffed targets being killed its called teamwork... Other classes lay down the debuffs, purge, amp, cc, wbatever else I'm not thinking of while classes like sins, wizards, archers, any other class lays down the damage taking said targets down.

Disclaimer: What I just wrote only applies to fighting other endgame characters, not the alt standing afk in NW that takes 600k damage xD

Just a quick glimpse at this... Please explain to me in what world are ALL ulti skills OP ? SB's yes, it is a tornado made to compleatly destroy everyone staying there. Now, if you manage to get out (Which is not that hard depending on which class you're playing) then you just wasted your skill. Veno's ulti can also cripple a whole lot of people horribly hard but it's also SO slow in Cast Time that nearly everyone can either Interrupt the Veno or use Immunity or Spark-timing to avoid the final Purge (Which is the real dead sentence of the skill: Amp + Mag Def reduction + Purge). Other ultis like BM's ulti for example, it's a good Skill amp but you need to cast a alot of skills incredibly fast for it to start giving a real threatening damage boost while also keeping your target CCed cuz if you get CCed back, then it's over for your boost. And my own and favorite Voidbringer... An ulti summon which absorbs the damage people deal to you... It's good on paper yes, but when you get to use it, 99.9% of the time means that: 1) He's gonna get oneshoted like every other summon. 2) He is not immune to AOE damage so he'll die x2 as fast if you get AOEd and Voidbringer is within the area, cuz Damage Absorption + Direct AOE damage. 3) Your damage reduction goes straight to hell afterwards, not even lasting more than 6 seconds most of the time. 4) His stats are even lower than SB's Lunar Shadow (Which is just a simple Lv79 skill that gives Chi on cast and has way lower Cooldown compared to an Ulti skill in this case). 5) The explosion it causes just tickles everyone instead of being a real danger. 6) His skills are USELESS. 7) The most utility I've been able to use from him, is for Leeching purposes and that requires you to waste 1 spark.

But I got a bit carried away. Just needed to get all that out of my system :D Now back on the main subject of this thread:

Everything I've read here gives me flashbacks of all my NWs in which I'm able to facetank nearly everyone, even some +12 Endgame geared players, incluiding Deity DBs while not having endgame myself other than just the r9 set at +5 refine and +9 boundless wand. And then out of nowhere, comes any kind of r9 Sin with whatever kinds of shards (Garnets/Vit/JoSD (Not including Deity ones on this to highlight the damage even with defensive shards)) not even having +12 daggers, Card sets or anything -> Cursed Jail me and that's it, I'm down. Damages that goes from 3-5k that got absorbed by the def charms and the last hit out of all 4 wrecks me for a whopping +20k without having to apply any kind of debuff at all ? That's just BS.

Hell I'm always in squad with my BF's Veno (A s3 Nirv Set +5 as well), with his support I can take down nearly everyone, and If we can't kill them, at least we can annoy the **** out of them. Even DB's are not a threat. But once a Sin comes the result 80% of the time always ends up being = I can't CC it, My summon can't CC, BF's pet can't CC it, BF can't CC nor purge it, my BF dies , he resurrects, then I die, I resurrect, CCs and everything just keeps failing, we both Die again, and the Sin either goes away in Stealth or jumps on someone else and kills it as well. Heck, even in Bridge Battles, towers are meant to cripple and annoy your opponents while you try and take advantage from that to take them down. Sins can just kill you right in the middle of 3 of your towers and not give a damm.

So yeah, DB's could be a hell lot more disruptive, but they're also alot more controlable and their damage doesn't spike that much without having to use some really strong debuffs first. Sin's are just "Can't Kill Me - Can't CCme - Can't Debuff Me - Can't See Me - Can't Tank Me".
    And next expansion they finally got what was supposed to be forbidden for them [-Paralyze-] and EVEN MORE DAMAGE *Slow Claps* GG, just GG. :/
    CN seriously needs to do some nerf with this class ASAP.
    Total_Calm - 105 / 101 / 101 - [ ψ The Blue-Eyed Demon ψ ]
  • mooglemonger
    Options
    Nice hyptothetical situations in NW. ^^ You can't one shot an assassin cause of deaden nerves. It prevents it. Doesn't mean your so underpowered...
  • alphalordking
    Options
    Yeah hypothetical... Except they already happened and keeps happening every Friday and Sunday with no exceptions :D

Oh I don't say that because I need to oneshot them. I can do some strong damages on purged/amped targets yes but not oneshots most of the time, and even that is nearly impossible to take advantage against a Sin because of Tidal, and even if debuffs enters through it, they'll just Spark and purify right away. That's not the point of it at all. Deaden prevents the oneshot yes, but that's just one or 2 more quick skills which is really easy to do once they're pushed to that limit (If they don't ulti Stealth ofc... :| )
    The whole problem is, I seem to have way more power against nearly every class (Except sins) in the entire game, and some are also really skilled players as well. But then against a Sin, be it skilled or a total failure makes no difference like @jsxshadow said earlier. Even Sins with less gears than me (And that's extremely hard to find) can nearly oneshot me without the needs of using Tangling, Subsea or have someone to Purge/Amp/Debuff me first and I'm a Mystic, one of the most (If not the most) tanky classes out of all arcanes. Imagine what will happen to other classes that has no phys def self-buff or heals like Archers for example ? No other class nor player can do that to me unless they're REALLY outgearing me and even in those cases I'm not a oneshot that often, for Sins I can get oneshoted from Cursed Jail or Elimination just like that. The powergap between Assassins and all other classes has nearly became the Great Canyon, even comparing them to other DD Glass Cannon classes Assassins got too overboard.

And considering the next expansion, giving more damage to them while adding Paralyze and also giving them the option to either nearly spam a 400% Base damage Elimination every 4 sec or just use a full Combo Point charged Elimination for 700-740% base damage ? That's just a Oneshot Button waiting to be clicked. smh.

Even Main Sin should try to see and admit how their class is getting WAY too much. The only thing that could annoy and complicate an Assassin from killing it's target was Purify Spell (When it procs ofc) and that option will go down to Oblivion when EVERY Assassin in EVERY server of this game gets a Cursed Jail that deals even MORE damage along with Paralyze to keep the target in place and helpless.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @alphalordking That you have the impression of them hitting too hard even tho they are lower geared than you is due to one thing and one thing alone: Chill of the deep. 40 Attack Level are nearly a full set of deity stones. For Free. take that away and their damage is still massive due to the hardest hitting skills in the game..but not as heavy as it is today. CotD and Tidal need to leave the game, asap.
  • mooglemonger
    Options
    Well I don't know why I reply to these threads. Yes all sins are unskilled, we don't know what were doing, we just close our eyes and slap our keyboard and when we open our eyes everything around us is dead. Easy peasy.
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    Well I don't know why I reply to these threads. Yes all sins are unskilled, we don't know what were doing, we just close our eyes and slap our keyboard and when we open our eyes everything around us is dead. Easy peasy.

Well, you would be shocked how many times that is actually true. There are alot of sin killing people with cursed jail alone these days. 1 skill, 1 kill. That should not be possible and I'm talking about equal or better geared people :D

If you cant see that this is just wrong then I cant help you.
  • mooglemonger
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I actually let my cat play for me. I guess she does a good job then.

In all seriousness sure I kill people with just Cursed jail or elimination all the time. Either I out gear them, they have the proper debuffs etc, or they are standing outside of sz afk and usually unbuffed....
    Post edited by mooglemonger on
  • blazerboy
    Options
    My whole confusion stems from why 1 skill that majority of us can agree is extremely broken (cursed jail) is increasing damage and getting paralyze and spamable or stronger elimination? Seriously who is logging these test servers. Stop freaking getting oppinions from Arcane class and other full support players not all but a large deal of them are part of the problem because so long they are tanks due to a freaking vit build with vit stone or Jsod they can ignore sins while the rest just suffer for playing the other spectrum. Pay attention to other freaking DD classes for once and realize any class that can use one skill and zerk crit near anyone dead has no place in the game. Either nerf tidal down to 33% or remove chill of the deep but something needs to be done
  • mooglemonger
    Options
    Well yea Cursed jail I don't know why they increased its damage. Before that update the thing to do was cancel the skill right when the stun lands. Since the damage boost I just let it play out. Now when these runes get to our server, to upgrade Cursed Jail to one of these runes cuts the damage back in half to what it was before this last update.
    So I'm sure the devs realized what they did and maybe this is their way of fixing it?
  • alphalordking
    edited January 2017
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    @alphalordking That you have the impression of them hitting too hard even tho they are lower geared than you is due to one thing and one thing alone: Chill of the deep. 40 Attack Level are nearly a full set of deity stones. For Free. take that away and their damage is still massive due to the hardest hitting skills in the game..but not as heavy as it is today. CotD and Tidal need to leave the game, asap.

I absolutely agree. They get a Free & Permanent +40 Att Lv buff with the only "Downside" being that you will not APS anymore, and APS are useless in PvP now so the only downside they get for such a monstrosity is nothing. Combine that with their already exaggerated skills with huge numbers everywhere and short cooldowns and that's it, doesn't matter who you are, you'll get a world of pain. So yeah, Expel is my best friend lol.
    And yeah 40 Att Lv = 5/8 equipments able to be sharded with Full Deities, that's the most upsetting thing ever. :s

If any other class goes for defensive shards, the damage they'd deal normally will somewhat show that they're using defensive shards. If any other class goes offensive shards their survival will suffer alot in exchange for damage so they'll have to be extra careful most of the time. Sins are the only ones that can go defensive shards and still wreck you like if they where 100% Deities while they're not. -So Fair, So Fair- *Sarcasm* :|
    blazerboy wrote: »
    My whole confusion stems from why 1 skill that majority of us can agree is extremely broken (cursed jail) is increasing damage and getting paralyze and spamable or stronger elimination? Seriously who is logging these test servers. Stop freaking getting oppinions from Arcane class and other full support players not all but a large deal of them are part of the problem because so long they are tanks due to a freaking vit build with vit stone or Jsod they can ignore sins while the rest just suffer for playing the other spectrum. Pay attention to other freaking DD classes for once and realize any class that can use one skill and zerk crit near anyone dead has no place in the game. Either nerf tidal down to 33% or remove chill of the deep but something needs to be done

I'm with you there as well. Is like CN devs where saying: -Ok time to improve Assassins, which skills should we increase ? The already dangerous Cursed Jail ? Ok then. Now let's add more damage and... What's next ? Paralyze ? Suure, that would give them a possibility against tanky Arcanes and classes that can be immune to Stuns and such. Also let's rise the damage of Elimination even more, just in case they actually need it- but then every class will suffer equally. Not even being a HA class will help anymore or being an Archer able to Kite them while keeping your anti-stun + Def Lv bow for as long as you can until Tidal wears off.

I seriously wanna see the day where Tidal gets reduced or CotD gets removed or compleatly changed into something more acceptable. Like you both say, 33% Tidal would be great. Still useful for Sins but not WAY TOO USEFUL that they become living walking demi-gods able to ignore enemies around them, and just worrying about how many time left their Tidal has.
    Post edited by alphalordking on
  • alphalordking
    Options
    Well yea Cursed jail I don't know why they increased its damage. Before that update the thing to do was cancel the skill right when the stun lands. Since the damage boost I just let it play out. Now when these runes get to our server, to upgrade Cursed Jail to one of these runes cuts the damage back in half to what it was before this last update.
    So I'm sure the devs realized what they did and maybe this is their way of fixing it?

Actually, I don't think that's a fix. In this case, every rune (Doesn't matter which one you pick) you put on Cursed Jail will like you say, cut it's damage but that's not actually a whole cut. It will only reduce Weapon damage from 750% to 375% and fixed damage from 14994 to 7497, yes that's technically quite the damage cut. But THEN COMES the same rune you put on it, to increase it's Base damage from 200% to 300%.

Cursed Jail started hitting horribly hard because of the base damage increase from 100% to 200% as it is right now. Increasing Base damage now to 300% but reducing weapon damage and fixed damage (While still keeping really acceptable numbers on those as well) I think it will cause even more damage than the actual version only because Base damage is such a huge factor in damage calculations, even more so on a class like Sins that can keep Triple Sparking every now and then, having a constantly very high base phys to be taken advantage of by those huge Base damage numbers. That's the same problem with Elimination, it only causes 320% Base damage and look at how deadly that thing is. Now imagine a 300% Base + 375% Weapon + 7497 Paralyzing Curse Jail.

With this skill I think that more than damage cut, they gave it a somewhat subtle increase by decreasing those 2 other values and increasing base damage even more. Ofc it will not be such a drastic increase like Elimination but still an increase nontheless.
    Yet I hope I get to be wrong with this and hope it actually becomes weaker. *Fingers Crossed until Expansion arrives* :'(
  • blazerboy
    Options
    @mooglemonger I'm sorry but replacing damage with paralyze just opens the door to cancel cursed jail for the paralyze for a monsterous elimination. No my friend they have yet to prove they understand a thing
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    I can say sin ulti does not increase damage in pvp, tested it with my husband when it first came out.

Also dbs having 1/3 damage of a sin is simply not true. Ive seen +10 dbs screen cap hitting bosses for 21mil but never a sin hitting for close even at end game. That is pve yes but in pvp my experience is similar.
  • blazerboy
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • blazerboy
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    I can say sin ulti does not increase damage in pvp, tested it with my husband when it first came out.

Also dbs having 1/3 damage of a sin is simply not true. Ive seen +10 dbs screen cap hitting bosses for 21mil but never a sin hitting for close even at end game. That is pve yes but in pvp my experience is similar.

The 21m is due to a skill saying specifically it does more damage ONLY in PvE. This I assure you is not the case perhaps being HA you wont notice it as much seeing as main one of us who suffer from sins rediculous spikes are LA/AA. A 3rd spark deity db damage I can an tank all day as a LA class. But a full Jsod sin can delete me in 1 skill. Hell a good zerk crit from spellcutter/condense thorn/rift can hit me 20k no problem no debuff or spark. While I can be debuff to hell and a endgame db hit me maybe at max 22k sparked even. Unless we talking quadrature but that's not 100% dependable due to cooldown.
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Options

The 21m is due to a skill saying specifically it does more damage ONLY in PvE. This I assure you is not the case perhaps being HA you wont notice it as much seeing as main one of us who suffer from sins rediculous spikes are LA/AA. A 3rd spark deity db damage I can an tank all day as a LA class. But a full Jsod sin can delete me in 1 skill. Hell a good zerk crit from spellcutter/condense thorn/rift can hit me 20k no problem no debuff or spark. While I can be debuff to hell and a endgame db hit me maybe at max 22k sparked even. Unless we talking quadrature but that's not 100% dependable due to cooldown.
    That is pve yes but in pvp my experience is similar.

Unfortunately you would need an exact same gear/passives/titles/level/spirit/cards DB and Sin to compare to prove or disprove who has more damage and thats going to be very difficult. Regardless just saying "so and so class has 3x the damage my class has" is just unfounded. If that were true I would constantly be dying to sins and never die to a DB. And I can assure you (and prove) that that is not the case.​​
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    aradya6793 wrote: »

That is pve yes but in pvp my experience is similar.

Unfortunately you would need an exact same gear/passives/titles/level/spirit/cards DB and Sin to compare to prove or disprove who has more damage and thats going to be very difficult. Regardless just saying "so and so class has 3x the damage my class has" is just unfounded. If that were true I would constantly be dying to sins and never die to a DB. And I can assure you (and prove) that that is not the case.

your server has bad sins cept rico
    and dw next patch 7x elimination will remove any doubt you got

No idea wtf is a rico. Clearly he is famous.

I'm not saying sins arent strong. I'm saying you're silly if you think DBs do 1/3 the damage a sin does. But well, you all thought sin ulti added PVP damage so *shrugs*.

oh you mean Kyougu? You mean a full end game sin with neuma portal is the only sin who is decent on my server? No wonder you guys think DBs do 1/3 damage of a sin. Had no idea sins are only sins if they have NP sets.​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Wait what, there's classes that still do damage?
  • mooglemonger
    Options
    That was me mistaking the ulti.

There we go, people are valiadating sins by their gear but apparently gear has nothing to do with balance and the opness of assassins...
  • eirghan
    edited January 2017
    Options
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Wait what, there's classes that still do damage?

I hope that's not directed to troll me cuz i regret to inform you you're about a year too late xD who knows tho maybe others will come out of the woodworks
    There we go, people are valiadating sins by their gear but apparently gear has nothing to do with balance and the opness of assassins...

Maybe you can expand on this. I dont see anyone validating sins or anyone saying gear has nothing to do with balance and opness of classes.​​
  • mooglemonger
    Options
    Just read this thread. People are saying sins are way too op. I am saying its more of an experience in gear disrepency. Another person is saying, no gear has nothing to do with it. Lastly I read that there is only one good sin worth mentioning on tt server, the sin with NP set. Cards are gear.
    So now this goes back to my initial argument on this thread that its mostly a gear difference between them and the offending assassin.
This discussion has been closed.