WC Spammers immune from ban?

Do GMs do nothing at all about people who spam WC every 1-5 seconds? Ive reported people for spam when i notice them after clearing my Blacklist many times. There is even a function "Report Spam" under the Report option MADE FOR THIS REASON but it does absolutely nothing or GMs just dont respond to it at all.

So why even have it there?

I was wondering why I cant seem to sell anything in WC, and its apparently because every WC I do is being drowned out by some idiot spamming EVERY SECOND. This is **** absurd, why is this allowed?: Why does no GM do ANYTHING AT ALL about it?

This causes all of these issues:

1. Anyone trying to trade or sell anything in WC cant
2. Anyone forming squads or looking for squads cant
3. Anyone searching for old friends or acquiantences cant
4. Anyone asking for help or answers to questions cant

So why is this allowed? Why do GMs do absolutely nothing about this and alllow it?

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    SS and Use ticket system. They will check the Logs. Odds they may get a ban for a few days but in future they will or may have the ability to use WC removed from their Account / Toon.

Also its fair to ask the person to stop doing it. For a temp measure use the block feature.

The in game Report function is not monitored. Was something the GA team was going to pick up on I hoped.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • monkiimk1
    monkiimk1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    SS and Use ticket system. They will check the Logs. Odds they may get a ban for a few days but in future they will have the ability to use WC removed from their Account / Toon.

Also its fair to ask the person to stop doing it. For a temp measure use the block feature.

The in game Report function is not monitored. Was something the GA team was going to pick up on I hoped.​​

Ive already submitted a ticket with 5 screenshots full of pages of the WC abuse, though I doubt at all PW will do anything as is the case usually.

Theres no use in asking someone who is mentally deficient to nicely stop being ****, they are obviously **** or have some sort of mental illness so there is no hope for that.
    Ive already had them blocked until clearing the blacklist recently, however that does not solve the issue of them disrupting trade/squads/normal WC as their spam drowns out all other WC to anyone who doesnt have them blocked.

We had a new GM who has been more active, it would be nice maybe if they did something about this. I fail to see how this could go on for as long as it has. Ive clearly wasted 100s of teles while not even knowing how badly my WCs are flooded off the screen from this ridiculous abuse of spamming.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited December 2016
    May be but its a simple request as the first option to ask them to stop.

If you have not done this then I could see how Support would not act. As something and sometimes that will resolve a situation that is in play. This will be looked at just takes time... their is no Instant fix.

Tickets can also take a few hours to deal with. The reason for this is down to the amount of Games on the same system as well as personnel.

Thanks.​​
  • monkiimk1
    edited December 2016
    heero200 wrote: »
    May be but its a simple request as the first option to ask them to stop.

If you have not done this then I could see how Support would not act. As something and sometimes that will resolve a situation that is in play. This will be looked at just takes time... their is no Instant fix.

Tickets can also take a few hours to deal with. The reason for this is down to the amount of Games on the same system as well as personnel.

Thanks.​​

This has been an issue for many other players for months or maybe even years. As ive had them blacklisted I only see one half of "arguements" which are always "Shut the **** up" "Quit spamming" and other requests to stop spamming world chat. So its not like the person hasnt been asked to stop spamming, so that is irrelevant.

Its not my obligation to police people who are spamming and flooding World Chat (though apparently maybe it is, especially when met with opposition for a simple request that is well known on the server). Its strange that one would have to jump through hoops just to get someone to do their job, I should recieve payment for doing this lol.

Yeah, Im aware that tickets can't instantantaneously get a response, obviously. Thus the reason for making this thread, to make others aware that they should submit a ticket as well to end this stupid, childish nonense.

Thanks.

Also on "There is no instant fix" - This person has spammed like this for more than a year now according to everyone on my friendlist. So I would argue there "is no fix at all", or just that the inaction from GMs implicitly allows this. I'd imagine they are a cashshopper, as its been shown in the past that people who spend lots of money are immune from most reprimanding.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    There is absolutely no reason to ask the 'spammer' to stop. Since the spammer didn't react on worldchat and (maybe) all the pm's that 'it' recieved we should know a script is used. People who are using scripts - there are a lot now - will not get banned since PW need just 'a little bit' more time to be active on our servers. The TOS is hard to understand lol.

Best is just to have friends in case help is needed and put yourself on 'squad chat'.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The world of censorship is very complex at all. Everyone has his own acceptance and tolerance limits about this definition what is already abuse or still within tolerance acceptance limit.

You are stating out, that you want to sell items via world chat.
    There exists a specific other channel for trading purpose; unfortunately nobody is using it because people turn it most likely off for having less communication pollution on their screens.

So is selling items already abuse of world chat?

Another exceptions are the different languages on server Dawnglory. If people talking in Cyrillic I don`t understand anything but I need to accept it also: but ofc they also need to accept that I will block them by too heavy use.

Is it right to forbid foreign languages on an international server?

Furthermore, they often start drama and raging each other. They are always same players and they just like it - nobody except them - will ever understand this behaviour but they have fun :wink:

Is it really our will to disband people so easy from PWI by already having only just a minor population?
    Its more like considering tempo limits by driving car. Everyone will may step over your defined acceptance line once.
    But it cant be right to disbann or block everyone so fast. Its needed to do with focus and care.

Freedom of speech is a very valuable thing in our civilization, do we want to risk it by having too strict rules?

I often already saw, that GMs and people were blocked by beeing too rude to a specific person with very specific words. So I am very sure, that they are acting within their limitation to keep the order updated on each server.

Well, but this is just my opinion.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say."
    1906, Friends of Voltaire, Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    Just block them if you don't like them. That's no one else's problem but your own...
  • monkiimk1
    The world of censorship is very complex at all. Everyone has his own acceptance and tolerance limits about this definition what is already abuse or still within tolerance acceptance limit.

You are stating out, that you want to sell items via world chat.
    There exists a specific other channel for trading purpose; unfortunately nobody is using it because people turn it most likely off for having less communication pollution on their screens.

So is selling items already abuse of world chat?

Another exceptions are the different languages on server Dawnglory. If people talking in Cyrillic I don`t understand anything but I need to accept it also: but ofc they also need to accept that I will block them by too heavy use.

Is it right to forbid foreign languages on an international server?

Furthermore, they often start drama and raging each other. They are always same players and they just like it - nobody except them - will ever understand this behaviour but they have fun :wink:

Is it really our will to disband people so easy from PWI by already having only just a minor population?
    Its more like considering tempo limits by driving car. Everyone will may step over your defined acceptance line once.
    But it cant be right to disbann or block everyone so fast. Its needed to do with focus and care.

Freedom of speech is a very valuable thing in our civilization, do we want to risk it by having too strict rules?

I often already saw, that GMs and people were blocked by beeing too rude to a specific person with very specific words. So I am very sure, that they are acting within their limitation to keep the order updated on each server.

Well, but this is just my opinion.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say."
    1906, Friends of Voltaire, Evelyn Beatrice Hall

So spamming the lyrics to a song non-stop, literally flooding WC with spam and bumping everyones WC off the chat isnt spam? You've gone completely overly-complex on a simple matter. There should be no excuse for SPAMMING MESSAGES EVERY 1-2 SECOND FOR AN HOUR. Jesus...
    Just block them if you don't like them. That's no one else's problem but your own...

And youve apparently missed the point. Yours is an assumption based on the notion that every single person looking for a squad in WC or trying to use it for something productive will -

-Know Blacklist exists at all
    -Use it
    -Both parties (Person A-Looking for ppl for squad) and Person B- (Person wishing to join squad) Will already have the person who spams every 1-2 seconds in WC non-stop blocked, already assuming the prior two conditions

The idea that "Its no ones problems but your owns" is completely ignorant and willfully denying the simple facts ive already stated. Its simply false and based in ignorance.

There is no excuse for FLOODING World Chat. I have shitloads of people on my Blacklist because they are annoying, thats fine. Its okay to be a moron and be ignored, however when you spam a line of text EVERY SINGLE SECOND OR TWO just for the sake of spamming and flooding everyones text off the screen, there is no excuse and it certainly does affect everyone trying to use World Chat for the purpose it was intended, especially new players.

• mooglemonger
    mooglemonger Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @monkiimk1 here's the deal, support will probably never do anything about it. Yes I know it's irritating and unnessecarry but those in control are unwilling to do anything. You have control, you have the tools to ignore it using the block function. Now you can let it ruin your day, ruin your PW life or you can do something about it and add that persons name to your blacklist.

I've used it many times before and boy let me tell you it works wonders. I hope this helps you, don't trip up too hard on my 'ignorance' ; D
    Post edited by mooglemonger on
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Some people enjoy it (believe it or not), some people don't. If you don't like it, blacklist is there for a reason. Same goes for people who don't like seeing random relationship drama on world chat, or anything else really. Nobody is using any scripts to spam people on world chat. Nobody is even repeating the same message over and over on world chat (unless you count the people getting pissy about it). Nobody is attempting to sell gold or direct anyone to a phishing site or otherwise break the TOS.

And hell, PWI makes money because teles are being spent.

tl;dr grow up and use blacklist like everyone else has for the past four years. If actual spammers show up, complain about them instead.
  • sneakingzoe
    edited December 2016
    monkiimk1 wrote: »
    So spamming the lyrics to a song non-stop, literally flooding WC with spam and bumping everyones WC off the chat isnt spam? You've gone completely overly-complex on a simple matter. There should be no excuse for SPAMMING MESSAGES EVERY 1-2 SECOND FOR AN HOUR. Jesus...

As I already said, the awareness about spam or no spam are different for each of us.
    1-2 second sounds a bit confusing because there are automatic message blocks inside, which should avoid massive spam attacks already with same message content. But this one-hour-screenshot about one person will be also work-intensive.

I still prefer to block such peoples who overact or just disable world chat if I dont need it for searching squads.
    If I would start to rage, they most probably getting exactly what they want to have: Attention! ... and let others raging.

I go back and listen to my music ... without posting lyrics and songs in world chat - enjoy your day :)
  • monkiimk1
    edited December 2016
    @monkiimk1 here's the deal, support will probably never do anything about it. Yes I know it's irritating and unnessecarry but those in control are unwilling to do anything. You have control, you have the tools to ignore it using the block function. Now you can let it ruin your day, ruin your PW life or you can do something about it and add that persons name to your blacklist.

I've used it many times before and boy let me tell you it works wonders. I hope this helps you, don't trip up too hard on my 'ignorance' ; D

You should try reading posts before replying.
    axel320 wrote: »
    Some people enjoy it (believe it or not), some people don't. If you don't like it, blacklist is there for a reason. Same goes for people who don't like seeing random relationship drama on world chat, or anything else really. Nobody is using any scripts to spam people on world chat. Nobody is even repeating the same message over and over on world chat (unless you count the people getting pissy about it). Nobody is attempting to sell gold or direct anyone to a phishing site or otherwise break the TOS.

And hell, PWI makes money because teles are being spent.

tl;dr grow up and use blacklist like everyone else has for the past four years. If actual spammers show up, complain about them instead.

Again, not the point at all. This is about spamming (Spamming is the flooding of chat with a chat being sent every second, not directed at anyone, just spamming lyrics to songs). I already blacklist people, doesnt solve the problems I listed.

As I already said, the awareness about spam or no spam are different for each of us.
    1-2 second sounds a bit confusing because there are automatic message blocks inside, which should avoid massive spam attacks already with same message content. But this one-hour-screenshot about one person will be also work-intensive.

I still prefer to block such peoples who overact or just disable world chat if I dont need it for searching squads.
    If I would start to rage, they most probably getting exactly what they want to have: Attention! ... and let others raging.

I go back and listen to my music ... without posting lyrics and songs in world chat - enjoy your day :)

You would understand what spam was if you saw it then. Again, I already have all the people I find annoying blocked, my personal viewing of their text is not an issue. The issue is one person spamming every single second for hours flooding WC (btw the spam filter only works for duplicate text, not spamming lyrics of a song)

Support responded and said they "take these issues seriously and will investigate". Havent seen them spamming lately after toggling their name off blacklist to see if my WC was being drowned again, so hopefully they are banned and GM did something actually ^^
  • axel320
    edited December 2016
    The issue is one person spamming every single second for hours flooding WC (btw the spam filter only works for duplicate text, not spamming lyrics of a song)

Try sending four messages in less than five seconds on world chat (or faction chat, actually), and let me know how that works out for you.
  • tenn0
    tenn0 Posts: 3 Arc User
    LOL my pervious comment got deleted. :'( Me sad. I think I need a tissue this time.

• tenn0
    tenn0 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    LOL my pervious comment got deleted. :'( Me sad. I think I need a tissue this time.

1. Blacklist them. Problem solved for you.
    2. If your blacklist is full and you have no room... You have issues.
    3. I highly doubt ppl spam 24/7. I'm sure they sleep/eat/take a ****/have lives. So if you need to sell something, then worldchat on another time when they're not spamming.
    4. Worldchat isn't only for selling/trading items.
    5. Not everyone is annoyed and raging like you are about people spamming. Ppl have learned to ignore them or play along.
  • axel320
    tenn0 wrote: »

But if I blacklist them how am I supposed to play the victim and make sure other people can't do things I don't like? :(
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

Nope, got stuck in the Spam queue. It doesn't appear to really be worth resurrecting though.
    Probably would have been moved out if the spam filter didn't catch it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • monkiimk1

Yep, yet the problem remains in the community and degrades the quality of gameplay, but as long as you can take some false "higher ground" in believing that plugging your ears like a child and ignoring your problems solves them, good for you lol.

Its funny how quick people jump on the defense train and dont even acknowledge the problem this person creates. Hey, whatever makes you feel dignified.
    The issue is one person spamming every single second for hours flooding WC (btw the spam filter only works for duplicate text, not spamming lyrics of a song)

Try sending four messages in less than five seconds on world chat (or faction chat, actually), and let me know how that works out for you.

You should take your own advice, because it works just fine. There is nothing stopping you from spamming different characters/sentences. It goes to show how ignorant you are of the situation.
  • axel320
    Its funny how quick people jump on the defense train and dont even acknowledge the problem this person creates. Hey, whatever makes you feel dignified.

It's funny how quick people jump on the attack train and don't even acknowledge that the problem isn't actually a problem because a mechanism exists to keep you from seeing what you don't want to see. Hey, whatever makes you feel dignified.
    You should take your own advice, because it works just fine. There is nothing stopping you from spamming different characters/sentences. It goes to show how ignorant you are of the situation.

Look at my signature and then tell me again how I'm "ignorant of the situation." And trust me, no, it doesn't work fine. PWI has a 3-messages-per-5-seconds flood limit. If you exceed that you get banned from world/faction chat (I think normal too?) for 5-10 minutes.
  • monkiimk1

It's funny how quick people jump on the attack train and don't even acknowledge that the problem isn't actually a problem because a mechanism exists to keep you from seeing what you don't want to see. Hey, whatever makes you feel dignified.

Look at my signature and then tell me again how I'm "ignorant of the situation." And trust me, no, it doesn't work fine. PWI has a 3-messages-per-5-seconds flood limit. If you exceed that you get banned from world/faction chat (I think normal too?) for 5-10 minutes.

Oh, youre the idiot spammer. lol nevermind, wasted energy speaking to somone like you.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited December 2016
    I'll be blunt It was a problem.

No the system will not block over doing it. O have to be fair for the 5 mins I was on for I used the block system. I don't like to block people incase they are useful later.

I did not do a log for it due to this. If this happens often then it should be looked at.
  • fallenangelfj
    fallenangelfj Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Do GMs do nothing at all about people who spam WC every 1-5 seconds?

This person is talking about - also known as Jarhead an Etherblade Archer who spamming his bloody song lyrics continuously every time.

If you can't look into that...then i suggest you better stop been a smart **** and shut up.

World Chat Spamming is annoying as #@$%....DO YOU GET ME!!!???

Now look into the issue rather then been a politician

Editted:

* if your saying to block him..clearly your an idiot who doesnt understand.

Post edited by fallenangelfj on
  • sneakingzoe
    edited December 2016

This person is talking about - <<deleted>> an Etherblade Archer who spamming his bloody song lyrics continuously every time.

If you can't look into that...then i suggest you better stop been a smart **** and shut up.

World Chat Spamming is annoying as #@$%....DO YOU GET ME!!!???

Now look into the issue rather then been a politician

Hey,

I just laughed about your post here. If this issue is only assigned to one person, you could easily block him.
    If this is a root cause because he always creating new characters, this need to be reported but not to be discussed in an open forum of players. Especially your rude respectless behaviour is just showing, that you have no clue about ways of right communication but want to push others to follow your rules. Finally, many issues just occur because the original request is not precise enough.

Cheers,

P.S.: Wasnt it against policy to blame people with character name directly in forum?
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Eh, as entertaining as this nerd rage is, its simply fixed by BLing the person in question. They dont try to bypass any counter measures available to everybody playing the game. So in short you need to be one of those who like to get offended to get offended by this and frankly I dont really care for those people.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    I know how u feel... There is a silly player on Etherblade, a karma archer that spams worldchat with songs for hours... I blocked him on the day #1 Post-ServerMerge on almost... every toon i have lol...
    Ppl QQ about it from time to time, im like who is that? :D
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    Bottom line: PWI does not care about your convenience or enjoyment of the game, they just want to sell tele's and people who spam are probly mentally deficient enough to spend $100's a month cash shopping. There ya go. Snap into reality, it's all about the money and keeping those players. So yeah, blacklist is your only friend here.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Would be nice if blocking of full accounts would work; but won't happen.
    On TT server we don't have a wc spammer problem atm as far as I know.

Tbh I'm more annoyed by the in-game mail-spammers which want me to direct to russian websites to buy their "cheap gold".
    And I'm surprised that PWE can't handle this problem (sometimes the very same toons spam for months. And the bot-driven characters are always at the same spots in Celestial Vale and West-Archosaur).
  • heerohex#3018
    tetraem007 wrote: »
    Would be nice if blocking of full accounts would work; but won't happen.
    On TT server we don't have a wc spammer problem atm as far as I know.

Tbh I'm more annoyed by the in-game mail-spammers which want me to direct to russian websites to buy their "cheap gold".
    And I'm surprised that PWE can't handle this problem (sometimes the very same toons spam for months. And the bot-driven characters are always at the same spots in Celestial Vale and West-Archosaur).

I know They should make use of people that can write scripts like this as well. its impressive but also a kill for PWI. Someone should write a script to catch them out​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Yeah its creepy when a toon i havent logged for 6 months has junk mail.

HOW DID YOU FIND ME?!