Elysium reported issues Megathread

Comments

• andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    Just a text mistake: The new BM skill demon/omega Drake's Ray says "loner" instead of "longer" effective range.
    http://i.imgur.com/7JModok.png
  • bigrocko
    bigrocko Posts: 1 Arc User
    So my homestead was working fine got it started and everything fine. But since yesterday I've not been able to get into my homestead. I can access my friends but neither me nor them can access mine. I've re logged and restarted my client a number of times and it still doesn't work so idk. Help/suggestions?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    bigrocko wrote: »
    So my homestead was working fine got it started and everything fine. But since yesterday I've not been able to get into my homestead. I can access my friends but neither me nor them can access mine. I've re logged and restarted my client a number of times and it still doesn't work so idk. Help/suggestions?
    This is still the issue for many of us. Hopefully it will be resolved soon with the added space.
    zoube wrote: »
    There is issues on french client too. Faction logo are not up for them. and a mini-map problem: the "invited a friend" button is not available, and the radar looks weird, according to french client user.
    Name of towns in english on map too.

http://postimg.org/image/5mn2df1h3/
    Yes, I forgot to mention this earlier, on TT there are a few faction icons that are incorrect or cross-linked since the update.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • blueimage
    blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee

Just a text mistake: The new BM skill demon/omega Drake's Ray says "loner" instead of "longer" effective range.
    http://i.imgur.com/7JModok.png

Noted. Will be fixed in the next patch.
  • lilliida
    lilliida Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    for my part, i did the quest yesterday with several characters (most of them couldnt enter upon handing in the quest)
    today, a majority of those who couldnt enter yesterday were able to enter today, when at the same time those who could enter yesterday couldnt enter anymore today
    two of the glitched ones could enter today, however, 1h later they werent able to anymore
    some chars still couldnt enter today, even after relogging and trying to enter at random intervals

i dont want to come across as greedy or ungrateful or anything, but do we get some kind of compensation?
    as in, minor homestead packs or w/e so those who still couldnt enter today are at least able to upgrade their homesteads a bit? seeing as every day u miss the daily quest in there ull fall farther behind regarding ultimate skill (+items) and skill upgrades..
    i personally dont care for it that much but seeing as how big an advantage certain players will have over others in tw/nw etc..
  • manbaby
    manbaby Posts: 33 Arc User
    posting this again because I don't know if anyone even saw it the first time
    manbaby said:

I am gettn a textual error after I ported after doing one of the quests, and now my screen is all black and messed up and I can't see anything. After i relogged the issue is still there.

That is how it looks

http://postimg.org/image/4etqprydt/
    ​​

• demonsyn
    demonsyn Posts: 13 Arc User
    rieihdius said:

Update time everyone! So lets get to the weird stuff first. Realm of Reflection.Here's the deal so in the Chinese version RoR no longer exists due to updates that will be making their way here soon enough. As such there will be no NPC's in the RoR... So what we're going to do is every week until the realm is removed, issue a code (like James and O'Malley ) that will grant you 5 teleport stones to enter and exit the realm as you please.

When I finished the chain quest, I was not teleported.

Im still unable to enter and if I press the button to enter the home nothing happens. If I keep pressing the button i get a message that say: "Item still in cooldown"

I am in the same boat as above. I never was teleported and when I click on the enter homestead button it does nothing or gives me the button is in cooldown message. I have been trying since yesterday morning so I do not think this a problem with overuse but with the quest itself. There needs to be a way to reset the quest.

Also, I really hope we will be provided with plenty of notice before Realm of Reflection is taken away from us. :#
  • minusabear
    minusabear Posts: 17 Arc User
    demonsyn said:

rieihdius said:

Update time everyone! So lets get to the weird stuff first. Realm of Reflection.Here's the deal so in the Chinese version RoR no longer exists due to updates that will be making their way here soon enough. As such there will be no NPC's in the RoR... So what we're going to do is every week until the realm is removed, issue a code (like James and O'Malley ) that will grant you 5 teleport stones to enter and exit the realm as you please.

Im still unable to enter and if I press the button to enter the home nothing happens. If I keep pressing the button i get a message that say: "Item still in cooldown"

I am in the same boat as above. I never was teleported and when I click on the enter homestead button it does nothing or gives me the button is in cooldown message. I have been trying since yesterday morning so I do not think this a problem with overuse but with the quest itself. There needs to be a way to reset the quest.

Also, I really hope we will be provided with plenty of notice before Realm of Reflection is taken away from us. :#
    They've said it time and time again through the thread, it's an issue they're still working on. Just keep trying and eventually you'll be able to enter. They're expanding the are where Homestead is to accommodate more players.
  • demonsyn

demonsyn said:

rieihdius said:

They've said it time and time again through the thread, it's an issue they're still working on. Just keep trying and eventually you'll be able to enter. They're expanding the are where Homestead is to accommodate more players.
    They are having maintenance tonight to fix it so obviously it wasn't a space problem xD and I signed on basically when the servers came up and immediately did the quest. So two days of keep trying when a lot of people were getting in right away wasn't the answer. :) Obviously it was a glitch.
  • minusabear
    minusabear Posts: 17 Arc User
    demonsyn said:

demonsyn said:

rieihdius said:

They are having maintenance tonight to fix it so obviously it wasn't a space problem xD and I signed on basically when the servers came up and immediately did the quest. So two days of keep trying when a lot of people were getting in right away wasn't the answer. :) Obviously it was a glitch.
    I did it just after servers were up as well. I could not enter at first and today I was able to. Maint is probably to fix other issues as well not just the space issue. They did also mention some managed to lock themselves out of their own homestead as well. Space is still an issue just not the only one. It's why they said keep trying.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    demonsyn wrote: »
    If they had to bring in another server to add the space, they would need to restart the servers to link it in. Just sayin...​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • demonsyn
    edited April 2016

If they had to bring in another server to add the space, they would need to restart the servers to link it in. Just sayin...​​

-------

Post edited by demonsyn on
  • princessjulie
    princessjulie Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    demonsyn said:

-------
    Yah, sometimes the need to prove oneself right when obviously wrong goes into stupid land. This is heading there. I would have been able to get in at some point during the two days of trying. I play mostly in the morning when my server is quiet so during one of my many attempts I would have been successful. The only way this is a space issue is if when my character was suppose to be teleported to their homestead there were too many people being teleported at the same time and this caused the quest to glitch. Again the quest glitched. Maybe my character was not assigned a space on the server for their homestead. From a programming point of view I don't think this is the case but my programming skills are pretty basic so who knows. Either way it is not because every time I tried to access their homestead there were too many people using them and keep trying was not the answer.

Just saying, sometimes one should really just back off and realize they do not know what they are talking about. Like a lot of people I have been looking forward to this update. I want to check it out and have fun in a game I have been playing for a long time

It has also been said many times, that there is more then one issue going on, not just space. Reading goes a long way, Ijs.
    Tideswell
    SereneAurora-100 1RB Sage Venomancer
    EirianHikari-102 1RB Sage Cleric
    Benjamina-101 Sage Psychic
    LadyKitsune 100 Venomancer

Kindness should be like a water balloon, go throw it at someone!!!! :)
  • darkcerubrium
    darkcerubrium Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    posting this here since its starting to look like a bug

seperate related topic: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1204753/homestead-quest-chains

continuation -

Tried doing the same (homestead expedition chart) lvl2 heavenly creation quest chain (lvl 4 homestead) for the crafting pack on a different alt/account and this time i didnt even get the backpack/cargo to carry around. It gave me the quest to go talk to an NPC but no backpack, so i couldnt finish the quest. Relogging hasnt helped and this time i didnt trash the quest hoping to pick it up again.
    A couple of fac mats said they got theirs done without any issues

so for the linked topic, trashed quest and got scroll to pick up quest from homestead but there is nothing to pick up,
    and for alt, got quest but no backpack to carry/turn in - so cant complete quest. (havnt trashed quest)

Is there any way to reset the quest for both alts?

adding this link here cos someone else seems to have a similiar issue with the same quest

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1204759/commission-construction-bug

It would be nice if ppl stopped trying to have measuring contests with each other and actually posted content related to the topic. No one wants to read a 10 page topic that has only 3 pages of actual info/related content. (which is why a lot of ppl have stopped reading past posts and just skip to the last page with huge threads)
    Post edited by darkcerubrium on
  • demonsyn
    edited April 2016

-------

It has also been said many times, that there is more then one issue going on, not just space. Reading goes a long way, Ijs.

I was responding to the person* who said the issue was to keep trying and I would get in when I could tell there was something else going on. Yes, reading does go a long way. Maybe you should try doing that sometime?
  • demonsyn
    edited April 2016

And maybe you didnt realize people were afking, hotsweapping into each others homesteads to grab free coin etc that couldve been causing unforseen stress. That's a thing you know? Unless you can actually see the pingback that the servers were getting, then one should really back off telling people when they only have personal experience to go off of and dont have hard numbers or raw data/stats.

You even say yourself your programing skills are basic at best. This is an old proprietary engine running an old game-what you think you know may not necessarily apply here. I was able to get in after I had failed before, so then that would just be my word against yours-maybe youre in the UK and your information doesnt travel fast enough, maybe you have a bad internet connection and its not communicating in time for you to see the time out messages, maybe youre getting server errors we don't know. Lets just agree that we both dont really know whats going on behind the scenes without actually looking at where the data centers/servers are being housed and seeing what's happening.

I was being modest. My programming skills are fine. My location is also good. I picked the server closest to me. The issue was not people afking, hotswapping into each other homesteads, etc. The issue was something else. I originally was responding to someone else who was having the same problem as I was. I also have spoken to a few people on my server who were having the same issues. It was not your word versus mine. We are not having a competition. We are two customers of a game looking to enjoy ourselves.

In other news it is fixed. Yay :smile: but still no news on when ror will go away?
  • dam53
    dam53 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Flying by mistake, I reached the coords to kill Lady Decadence and she didn't appear. How do I get Jupiter, the Force Star now?
  • princessjulie
    demonsyn said:

-------

I was responding to the moderator who said the issue was to keep trying and I would get in when I could tell there was something else going on. Yes, reading does go a long way. Maybe you should try doing that sometime?
    I have news for you, I've followed and read every post on this thread, thank you very much. So I know what's been said.

Tideswell

• demonsyn
    edited April 2016
    The need for snark or to add nothing to a conversation is always a problem on this forum. Maybe just let people say what issues they are having with an update and only reply if you actually have a solution that can help? A good way to tell if you are adding nothing to a conversation is if you feel the need to say "just saying or reading goes a long way". Or pretty much any catchphrase. These are just terms used in forums to belittle the original responder. I actually had missed the second response to me, due to the fact that I immediately narrowed in on the snarky response after it from the moderator. I am pretty sure that locking myself out was the issue. I was in a hurry while doing the quests and it was pretty early. I probably did something while reaching for my coffee to **** myself up.

I will in the future send in a ticket instead of adding to the forum when there is an update. :smile:
  • princessjulie
    It was not my intent to be snarky, it was a genuine suggestion, because a lot of people go through these forums without reading anything, then come in and rant about stuff that has already been stated, or even fixed. I have no way of knowing who has read through, and who hasn't, unless they tell me. I saw this many times from lots of people, while going through the Nation War thread.

Also, does anyone know if festival items are included in the random design bags? I can't seem to figure out how to craft them.
    Tideswell

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Who will update the original post so people know what bugs have been acknowledged and we might get a fix for? @thenamesdomino still hasn't edited his post. Might be a better idea to give someone else the capability to edit the post or to let someone else manage the thread. Last few times threads with bugs were helpful, now sifting through pages and pages of comments to see whether your bug is listed can be time consuming.​​
  • gannon
    gannon Posts: 17 Arc User
    Blue Aura Street Lamp improperly named - Flower Carved Street Lamp
  • wooooper
    wooooper Posts: 26 Arc User
    People lovely people... pls they already know your toon cant enter to your homestead, i read all 4pages for only """1""" reason...
    wheres the common sense here lovely people?.. fox-5.gif

"meanwhile: the dancing phoenix NPC disappear after emergency reset.."monkey-1.gif​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    wooooper wrote: »
    phoenix NPC disappear after emergency reset.."monkey-1.gif

There go my 9 avatar cards onion-1.gif​​
  • trixilein
    trixilein Posts: 20 Arc User
    @sylenthunder @thenamesdomino : we need a fix for the short timer on the Mastery quest. the 30 seconds run once you accept the quest inside the homestead till you get ported onto the worldmap where the quest pops up for the delivery. THAT is for many of us more than 30 seconds ( blame the net on it with that thing called latency ) It is simply to short and since it fails when you can't accept that quest in time and no chance to retake it when you trash it, you lose a full day worth of recipes. Please fix the time on it! Or give us a chance to take it.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Not sure if this was already mentioned here, but you can't place the lilypad pond as intended. You would think that it would float on water, however it does not. It sits on land fine, so to be able to have it the way you'd imagine it you need to pull off some funky landscaping skills to get it to appear to float.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    This really isnt a bug, but just something that PWE still hasnt fixed.

I was doing a dragonbreath guardian quest, where you have to find a location on the map. I get it to it it is smack dab in the middle of a goddam rock. No way of getting to it at all.

NGTUy53.png

• firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Sin's skill ( Knife Throw ) no longer auto attacks when skill is used.. You just stand there looking fat dumb and happy.. whats up with the skill now
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    foley3k said:

I was doing a dragonbreath guardian quest, where you have to find a location on the map. I get it to it it is smack dab in the middle of a goddam rock. No way of getting to it at all.

Trash the quest, go pick it up again and hope for the best.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    saxroll said:

foley3k said:

Trash the quest, go pick it up again and hope for the best.
    After you trash these quests, you cant pick them up again. You can only receive them once a day.
    NGTUy53.png