I hate my name!

13»

Comments

• teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Gm's just announced in System chat that they are giving the stones out.

"Free Identity Stones are coming to characters renamed due to the server merge. Details will be on our blog later today!"​​

Much appreciates to you for posting this info here in the forums. Glad to see PWI listened to its players and is taking responsibility.

Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    asurin wrote: »
    I clearly remember people in Raging Tides raging about NOT wanting a server merge. .
    PWI likely saw those few players saying they wanted a merge and realized it was the perfect ruse to purposefully **** up player and faction names while at the same time conveniently releasing faction stones and putting identity stones on sale. The boutique stones are definitely NOT a coincidence and anyone who thinks so is in denial.

What I don't get, though, is why play server favorites?
    I don't even see the identity stone's on sale, as $15 to change your name is really really pricy. Unless the dev teams are specifically changing your names personally and not encoded some other alternations of a name change to automatically go in when you use the said stone.

Too pricy.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • asurin

"Free Identity Stones are coming to characters renamed due to the server merge. Details will be on our blog later today!"​​

Thanks, glad that there is something being done about this whole Name Changing shenannigans.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator

Told you to hang on. They are working on it.

WELL DONE PWE for comin out of this one with the Winning answer for BOTH sides!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I clearly remember people in Raging Tides raging about NOT wanting a server merge. .
    PWI likely saw those few players saying they wanted a merge and realized it was the perfect ruse to purposefully **** up player and faction names while at the same time conveniently releasing faction stones and putting identity stones on sale. The boutique stones are definitely NOT a coincidence and anyone who thinks so is in denial.

What I don't get, though, is why play server favorites?
    I don't even see the identity stone's on sale, as $15 to change your name is really really pricy. Unless the dev teams are specifically changing your names personally and not encoded some other alternations of a name change to automatically go in when you use the said stone.

Too pricy.
    It was 30 before. At least you're going to get a free one.

For the comment, "What I don't get, though, is why play server favorites?"....
    The servers that were "favorite" were the servers with the larger population. The smaller server that got merged into the larger one got the name change on duplicates.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    just imagine if they didnt limit it to LC, HL, RT, LC2, HL2, RT2 and just did "RTRT" instead of RT2 hell maybe a RTRTRT lol​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2015

copied from news:
    We are excited to announce that we will be sending out one free Identity Stone to characters that were renamed as a result of the recent server merge. Characters that were renamed at the time of the merger with a suffix (LC, HL, RT, LC2, HL2, RT2) will be eligible for the free Identity Stone provided they have been successfully logged in to prior to August 20th. The item will be distributed by in-game mail, so please be sure to keep some space open in your in-game mailbox. We plan to have the item sent out by the end of August.
  • asurin
    rtmira wrote: »

copied from news:
    We are excited to announce that we will be sending out one free Identity Stone to characters that were renamed as a result of the recent server merge. Characters that were renamed at the time of the merger with a suffix (LC, HL, RT, LC2, HL2, RT2) will be eligible for the free Identity Stone provided they have been successfully logged in to prior to August 20th. The item will be distributed by in-game mail, so please be sure to keep some space open in your in-game mailbox. We plan to have the item sent out by the end of August.
    So, we have to re-log in order to get our stones? Sounds fairish...
    FoxyGR.gif
  • reliea
    reliea Posts: 40 Arc User
    just imagine if they didnt limit it to LC, HL, RT, LC2, HL2, RT2 and just did "RTRT" instead of RT2 hell maybe a RTRTRT lol​​
    That's what I thought would happen! XD
    Kinda surprised they used the number 2, looks awful either way.
    But well, I'm very happy that everyone with a suffix has an opportunity to get a free identity stone, that should stop a good chunk of the sadness. Although I do understand the attachment to names, I know I'd be upset if I had to change my name after 5 years, so I empathize and don't mind anyone who wants to vent their frustrations.