I hate my name!

asurin
asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
This is me venting. Pretty certain that other people feel the same about being forced to take on a name that we did not want!
For me, I'm now known as FoxyGRRT. Not FoxyGR, for some reason people thought I was from Germany when that was not the case. I've had FoxyGR since I was part of PW MY, before they became one huge server, and now I'm being forced to get my name changed into something I just didn't want to begin with!

To boot, I only got stuck with FoxyGRRT because I had a FoxyGR on the Dreamweaver server, but hardly touched the character. I decided to delete it when the servers were being merged, yet I'm now stuck with FoxyGRRT!

Way to go, GM's! I know I'm not the only person who's identity you've ruined with this server merge!
FoxyGR.gif

Comments

• runningdancer
    runningdancer Posts: 7 Arc User
    I won't lie. I was disappointed to see the suffix on my main as well. Seeing it on my bank wasn't too bad (she's a bank and I don't really care) but on my main I've had for five years..of all characters, not even a random alt, it sort of bothers me. And her name isn't that common, but apparently someone else had it unfortunately. I know others have already made threads or posts about a possible name change stone or something, but it would be nice if we could have that option. That suffix is, no offense, just ugly looking.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    the names are UGLY.

how nice of PWI to put the identity stone on sale egg-3.gif​​
    Here we go again....
  • iamarandomguy
    iamarandomguy Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Seriously,
    my ingame name is now CethanRT and my wife's name LethaniRT... Pretty sure these aren't common names, just like FoxyGR isn't a common name AT ALL... I suspect foul play.

I'd wonder if pwi would check wether certain names are made within 2 weeks before now, just to force a suffix on other players, to then delete those new toons and get people like me and my wife (who already bought an identity stone to get Cethan and Lethani as names), their actual name without suffix back. Or I 'd like to ask for an identity stone. I didn't change my name with an identity stone of 32+ gold to then be stuck with a name with a damn suffix.

I demand some sort of action. I don't even like it to log on with this damn name.
  • zia
    zia Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    yep forcing on a unwanted HL on name which totaly change the name not just give a HL icon or anything is destroying our unique character names this is a shame

try keep atleast the names and give everyone a free title HL etc if they want to be shown as old HL not ruinning everyoens character name -.-

or send to all xxxxHL characters atleast a rename stone free not make profit on everyone changing the name they not like anymore by fast putting identity stone on sale seriosly...aside this most of us did like they name and cant use it even if rename because old names CAN NOT be used

this is totaly messed up really -.-

a simple title HL will have fix this
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    zia wrote: »

No it would not, you can't have 2 characters with the same name in the same database, period.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• iamarandomguy
    dblazen1 wrote: »

No it would not, you can't have 2 characters with the same name in the same database, period.​​

What blazen said. You wouldn't be able to squad invite on unique character name or send them pms.
    or send to all xxxxHL characters atleast a rename stone free not make profit on everyone changing the name they not like anymore by fast putting identity stone on sale seriosly...aside this most of us did like they name and cant use it even if rename because old names CAN NOT be used

IKR, if I can't have my original name, I AT LEAST want the opportunity to change my name to something new I actually like.
  • runningdancer
    yep forcing on a unwanted HL on name which totaly change the name not just give a HL icon or anything is destroying our unique character names this is a shame

try keep atleast the names and give everyone a free title HL etc if they want to be shown as old HL not ruinning everyoens character name -.-

Yeah I like this idea better. I would actually wear the title sometimes when I felt like it. I'd like to have the option to have HL, not have it slapped on the end of my name as if I'm a copy. It's honestly not our faults that someone from another server had apparently same name and it sucks they chose which servers would have to deal with the suffix. And it looks straight up dumb when faction names have suffixes too. Looks like factions should probably have an option of a name change as well.
  • iamarandomguy

Yeah I like this idea better. I would actually wear the title sometimes when I felt like it. I'd like to have the option to have HL, not have it slapped on the end of my name as if I'm a copy. It's honestly not our faults that someone from another server had apparently same name and it sucks they chose which servers would have to deal with the suffix. And it looks straight up dumb when faction names have suffixes too. Looks like factions should probably have an option of a name change as well.

We ALL like that idea. But it's impossible to do like that, since you pm to a CHARACTERNAME, which means that has to be UNIQUE . Or you'd be pming 2 people same time.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    I predicted this and made a post requesting bound name change stones. PWI refused to respond. This is a very unfair forced change and its ridiculous. Pwe needs to step up here.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • iamarandomguy
    I predicted this and made a post requesting bound name change stones. PWI refused to respond. This is a very unfair forced change and its ridiculous. Pwe needs to step up here.

Totally agree. On a sidenote, a lot of players have a done their best to make characters with a unique and special name, and due to what I assume involves also foul play, they are forced to have a suffix in their name now. So if pwi doesn't do anything about this or allows for a free namechange for all having gotten the suffix, many will be unamused and unhappy to play their character and maybe even this game.
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    after a checking Tide server i noticed many things....It seems Raging Tide joined Dreamweaver ....for example some factions from the former RT server carry the RT thing , many names carry the RT , not a single character carry DW(included factions) , why we should carry RT suffix while dreamweaver ppl carry their name intact ? this is by far a very bad bad bad decision.....

Pwe should give us a bound name stone ...i still support that
  • runningdancer

We ALL like that idea. But it's impossible to do like that, since you pm to a CHARACTERNAME, which means that has to be UNIQUE . Or you'd be pming 2 people same time.

Yeah I know :/. Was more so wishful thinking. To be honest I'm just sad about the name now that I've had a chance to look at it. For years she was unique to her server and now she's not and, just like you said about you and your wife's names, hers wasn't that common. They really should look into giving us a name change stone (and no not some dang discount on identity stone in boutique -.-). Just like they have the quest for getting a free makeover scroll maybe they can give a quest to those with suffixes or something and allow us to change it (not sure if this will happen but I'm wishful thinking again).
  • zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    TOTAL F****** ****! I log on and I am not TZonerRT oh no..that isn't good enough. I am **** TZonerRT2. GMs you had BETTER be doing something about this. This is an absolutely ridiculous forced change and I am not having it. I have had this character for about 5 years. There is no way you can't tell that other players forced these name changes on us by making toons just for that purpose. Not to mention that I can't even redeem a damn blessing.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    alexanade wrote: »
    after a checking Tide server i noticed many things....It seems Raging Tide joined Dreamweaver ....for example some factions from the former RT server carry the RT thing , many names carry the RT , not a single character carry DW(included factions) , why we should carry RT suffix while dreamweaver ppl carry their name intact ? this is by far a very bad bad bad decision.....

Basically this. I'm on Tideswell, and was a former Raging Tides member, and it seems like we basically merged INTO Dreamweaver. We're the only ones carrying suffixes, and RT's faction logos are the only ones to have vanished (hoping this is just temporary, though). Meantime DW players carry their legacy names/faction names with no issue. Seriously NOT fair folks! Need to make this right, we were BOTH supposed to get stuck with suffixes.

Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • dblazen1
    edited August 2015
    aradriel wrote: »

Basically this. I'm on Tideswell, and was a former Raging Tides member, and it seems like we basically merged INTO Dreamweaver. We're the only ones carrying suffixes, and RT's faction logos are the only ones to have vanished (hoping this is just temporary, though). Meantime DW players carry their legacy names/faction names with no issue. Seriously NOT fair folks! Need to make this right, we were BOTH supposed to get stuck with suffixes.
    No, it was announced which server would get a suffix.
    There's nothing to be made fair of, people wanted a merge, and certain things had to happen in order for that to be realized.

They could handle it better by offering a free name change to those affected, though.

Someone should make a thread about merging data (specifically from 2 unique sources) and the consequences of it and how to counter them. tiger-18.gif

heero200 wrote: »

They HAVE said they will look into possible solutions!

Ill be blunt with this This was one of a few solutions into Server Merges. Let me give you a CLEAR option on this and ill also quote another game RaderZ Which PWE is now closing the servers for GOOD!

im sure you can work out the options you all would prefer.

Im sure something will be done but you have to wait for it to happen.

That was closed due to the original developer no longer being there, hence no support at all for technical difficulties, which raiderz was full of.
    ​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015

They HAVE said they will look into possible solutions!

Ill be blunt with this This was one of a few solutions into Server Merges. Let me give you a CLEAR option on this and ill also quote another game RaderZ Which PWE is now closing the servers for GOOD!

im sure you can work out the options you all would prefer.

Im sure something will be done but you have to wait for it to happen.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Hey Kids remember you wanted server merge. What you think would happen? That everything will work the way you want? nope it didnt so suck it up and move on little fairies.
    giphy.gif

• zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    Hey Kids remember you wanted server merge. What you think would happen? That everything will work the way you want? nope it didnt so suck it up and move on little fairies.

SO PISSED
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    TOTAL F****** ****! I log on and I am not TZonerRT oh no..that isn't good enough. I am **** TZonerRT2. GMs you had BETTER be doing something about this. This is an absolutely ridiculous forced change and I am not having it. I have had this character for about 5 years. There is no way you can't tell that other players forced these name changes on us by making toons just for that purpose. Not to mention that I can't even redeem a damn blessing.

You know that most of time we arent on the same page.
    But this time i have to agree that what PW did to your name is kinda stupid. Wth? Is like on RT server there were 2 TZoner which would have been imposible since you cant have 2 toons with same name on the same server.
    have you tried to search for TZonerRT1? or maybe there is TZonerRT3. Who knows maybe you can make a faction with only TZoners.
    Try send a ticket but I wouldnt expect them to actually do something about it.
    giphy.gif

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Actually the best solution would have been Name-LC,HT or whatever if that stupid suffix was needed. Especially since "-" is not allowed in regular names....this would have prevented the damn trolls to create names on other servers with HT,LC etc to then force NameLC2's running around.

Jesya-LC is more aesthetically pleasing than JesyaLC.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2015

There's nothing to be made fair of, people wanted a merge, and certain things had to happen in order for that to be realized.

They could handle it better by offering a free name change to those affected, though.

ok it was announced But Why that decision? what make the other servers more important than others? why LC,RT,HL... is not fair , example : after using your name for 4 years some1 else use your name , new to the game (1 month) and this merge happens now u have to carry the suffix and the other person (and theres a chance that person leave the game) keeps his name intact.... unfair honestly

still A Bound rename Stone is the Best option

rawr rage mode
    I didn't want anything ¬`´¬
  • dblazen1
    edited August 2015

Someone should make a thread about merging data (specifically from 2 unique sources) and the consequences of it and how to counter them. tiger-18.gif

ok it was announced But Why that decision? what make the other servers more important than others? why LC,RT,HL... is not fair , example : after using your name for 4 years some1 else use your name , new to the game (1 month) and this merge happens now u have to carry the suffix and the other person (and theres a chance that person leave the game) keeps his name intact.... unfair honestly

still A Bound rename Stone is the Best option
    It's either one or the other, so 50/50 decision, I don't think they really had any specific reason.
    This was probably the fastest way to let the merge happen when it comes to naming, if a duplicate is found, then put a suffix.
    Else you would need to check when a character was created as well and then append a suffix. (Do they even keep track of when a character was created anyway?)

A lot can be said about how they should have done it, it doesn't change the fact that one way or another, something would've happened to character names.
    Be it the old servername as a suffix, be it an underscore as a suffix.
    None of the options would please everyone, and especially since they announced WHAT the suffix would be, trolls took advantage.
    ​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• missinin17
    missinin17 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Free name change stone or no more gold charge !!!!!!
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User

On the issue of the blessing, have you tried sending a blessing to another character on your account and then using the account stash to get it to TZonerRT2?

And +1 to your idea of a free Identity Stone to anyone who got a changed name. It only makes sense, but even more to the point would be to look at the conflicting name (TZoner) to see when it was created. If it was within the last week or two, then that name should be given a "2" and you should get your name back. Not just you of course, but everyone that is in that situation. (It would have to be done by ticket submission most likely.)

Good Luck!
  • bloodedone87
    edited August 2015

Go blow donkey chunks all you do on forums is harass people and run your mouth. Go do something constructive like jump off a bridge.

-changed due to TZ changed his comment too-

In many threads people were asking for server merge and I said many times that may not be a good idea and that many problems will happen and not everyone will be happy after merge. But NO. they all were '' server merge, server merge, server merge''.
    What you think would happened that everything will work the way you wanted? You say you play this game for 5 years but you are acting like you play for 5 days.

Now I hope that they will do something about your name cause its not fair what they did Even if the name is their property and they can do what they want with it is kinda stupid how they rename it.
    Send a ticket and good luck in getting it solved.
    And for **** sake dont take personal my comments. They are not against you as a person but against on what you write.
    Post edited by bloodedone87 on
    giphy.gif

• sadiran
    sadiran Posts: 10 Arc User
    I too, am disgusted and disappointed in the current name situation. I feel it is unfair for me, as a regular, long-time player, to be FORCED to carry a name suffix simply because someone from another server has the same character name as my MAIN and theirs happens to be a bank alt that is rarely, if ever used.
    A bound rename stone would be an option, however, as I do like my name, I feel that the very LEAST that the developers could do is to give the primary name to the player who had it the longest. Barring that, this name situation is ridiculous, unfair to those of us who MUST carry a suffix and I sincerely hope that the proper attention by the Staff is being given to this thread in hopes of some resolution.
  • bloodedone87
    So you guys want identity stones for every toon on every acount you have?
    Even if you may have the right to ask for it I dont think would actually happen.
    giphy.gif

• zoner112012

Go blow donkey chunks all you do on forums is harass people and run your mouth. Go do something constructive like jump off a bridge.

And to think that I was on your side on what they did with your name ...
    Not gonna happen again if you keep acting this way.
    I harras people? No I just say my opinion about the things they write . Not my problem that they want only positives comments.
    But wanting me to kill myself just cause most of time I dont agree with you shows what kind of person you are...

In many threads people were asking for server merge and I said many times that may not be a good idea and that many problems will happen and not everyone will be happy after merge. But NO. they all were '' server merge, server merge, server merge''.
    What you think would happened that everything will work the way you wanted? You say you play this game for 5 years but you are acting like you play for 5 days.

Now I hope that they will do something about your name cause its not fair what they did Even if the name is their property and they can do what they want with it is kinda stupid how they rename it.
    Send a ticket and good luck in getting it solved.
    And for **** sake dont take personal my comments. They are not against you as a person but against on what you write.

Nah I apologize man i was just ticked off. I already changed the post lol
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    I don't think EVERY toon got the two letter extension (none of my LC toons did), only toons that had conflicting names. So if you have a toon with a name that conflicts, then yes, why not get a bound, unstashable Identity Stone so you can at least try to make your name more palatable. Also, if your name was deliberately hijacked (the conflict toon was created in the last week or so) then there should be a ticket process that forces the conflict toon name to change instead and you can get your original name back.
  • zia
    zia Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So you guys want identity stones for every toon on every acount you have?
    Even if you may have the right to ask for it I dont think would actually happen.

think its the only option that nobody have rights to complain

think about it even if we get a rename stone due to this HL added on our nick...we still have to say goodbye to our current loved character name as we cant simple use the stone to remove HL only

we need to choose a full new name