I hate my name!

Options

Comments

• runningdancer
    runningdancer Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options

dblazen1 wrote: »
    It's either one or the other, so 50/50 decision, I don't think they really had any specific reason.
    This was probably the fastest way to let the merge happen when it comes to naming, if a duplicate is found, then put a suffix.
    Else you would need to check when a character was created as well and then append a suffix. (Do they even keep track of when a character was created anyway?)​​

When your character Reawakens, in your demon book it tells the exact day that character was created. If they wanted to, they could have figured out which characters were created when and which one should have seniority to claiming the name without suffixes. But then again that probably would have been a lot of work they didn't want to bother with so you're probably right; they just chose a server to sacrifice and felt we should deal with it.

I personally didn't want a merge. I was fine with how things were. When they announced the merge, I was slowly trying to adapt. I'm not even that peeved about events being at an awkward time for me; I was just once again going to adapt and maybe see if I can do a few possibly. But something about that suffix I don't want to adapt to. It's weird to look at and I've had my character for five years. Momaganon and Lothranis servers weren't even made yet at that time so I don't like the fact I had to take the suffix when someone possibly just made their character with the same name no more than about two years ago. And if they really put identity stones on sale in boutique, then that's an even bigger blow, almost mocking. There are quite a few players like me that didn't make fun of EU players for having to adapt to EST or go to Morai. We didn't whine for a server merge nor did we really complain when they said we'd have one whether we like it or not. It just, in all honesty, hurts we keep getting punished for something we have no control over nor did we do anything to deserve it. I'm not even angry. I'm just sad about it is all.
  • nyabing
    nyabing Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    Easy fix: Send everyone a code for a name changer (time limit to use 24h). :#
    105\105\103 Assassin ~ got others but nobody cares anyways.
    Too lazy, always.
  • tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    Options
    I'm not too happy about this either. My name is not that common as well and I still got RT at the end of my name! fox-9.gif

How convenient that identity stones show up for sale in the boutique the day right after the merge......I'm seriously put off by this ploy, but I relish the fact that they wont get MY money.fox-45.gif
    ​​
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The other mmorpg would offer free name change and the right to chose your server after merge... but with pwi everything is different, they want to make money out of everything!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    [quote="That was closed due to the original developer no longer being there, hence no support at all for technical difficulties, which raiderz was full of.
    ​​

My point was they could just shut the server that has the lowest Player count down... Ill Edit.
  • teethewicked
    teethewicked Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    how nice of PWI to put the identity stone on sale egg-3.gif​​

Not just names, but faction names as well; my faction got the forced RT suffix. Obvious cash grab is obvious. It's no coincidence that 95 pill baby stones and Faction name change stones both were added into the boutique. PWI did this on puropse, to try and make a quick buck off of all the name changes. This had nothing to do with "what the players wanted". What offends me even more is that PWI not only purposefully forced a change that people didn't want, but they played server favorites.
    Hey Kids remember you wanted server merge.

I didn't want a server merge, and neither did any of my friends or faction mates. I highly doubt the majority of the players supported the mergers. No, it was more than likely a small minority who just so happened to be vocal in the forums, and PWI saw the perfect opportunity to force changes that would tempt people to buy gold.
    Don't be jealous of my boogie.
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • tesone
    tesone Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Not just names, but faction names as well; my faction got the forced RT suffix. Obvious cash grab is obvious. It's no coincidence that 95 pill baby stones and Faction name change stones both were added into the boutique. PWI did this on puropse, to try and make a quick buck off of all the name changes. This had nothing to do with "what the players wanted". What offends me even more is that PWI not only purposefully forced a change that people didn't want, but they played server favorites.

Fortunately my faction was spared of the RT at the end of our name. So I don't know if it is server favorites, or the fact that the name is in all capital letters. I still think this is a ploy though.......

​​
    siggy_zpscq8zz0q8.png

| Retired PWI veteran 2010-2015 |
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    I apparently trolled myself and didn't realize that I was the one that made the Eoria char on Morai. I would do well to actually check my account next time.

Oh well. At least I can name change back whenever.​​
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    aradriel wrote: »
    alexanade wrote: »
    after a checking Tide server i noticed many things....It seems Raging Tide joined Dreamweaver ....for example some factions from the former RT server carry the RT thing , many names carry the RT , not a single character carry DW(included factions) , why we should carry RT suffix while dreamweaver ppl carry their name intact ? this is by far a very bad bad bad decision.....

Pwe should give us a bound name stone ...i still support that

Basically this. I'm on Tideswell, and was a former Raging Tides member, and it seems like we basically merged INTO Dreamweaver. We're the only ones carrying suffixes, and RT's faction logos are the only ones to have vanished (hoping this is just temporary, though). Meantime DW players carry their legacy names/faction names with no issue. Seriously NOT fair folks! Need to make this right, we were BOTH supposed to get stuck with suffixes.
    No, it was announced which server would get a suffix.
    There's nothing to be made fair of, people wanted a merge, and certain things had to happen in order for that to be realized.

They could handle it better by offering a free name change to those affected, though.

Someone should make a thread about merging data (specifically from 2 unique sources) and the consequences of it and how to counter them. tiger-18.gif
    ​​

Eh... my mistake then. I missed that. I thought each server that was being merged would carry a suffix (except for whatever pair already shared a naming table... forget which two I read that was).

For the record, I never asked for a server merge, and am just disappointed. It's whatever at this point, though. Just one more disappointment in a long string of them playing this game. *sigh!* Only thing keeping me around are my friends these days. Forgive the whining! Hoping to meet some nice ex-DW people and have some more exciting Nation Wars and TW's to take my mind off these horribad looking names. x.x

Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Options
    That 'RT' thingy was good news for me: free recruiting earlier today as people mentioned 'join the club'. As for me: my factionname and main-character name didn't get the RT text. Only my alts did. Deleted one alt and renamed the other. o:)
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    The fact that people clearly maliciously made alts to **** over rt players for the merge should push Pwe to help us. I have been told they have said they are working on helping but not read anything official yet. Where is the gm saying that they are going to help us out?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    Options
    This is ****, I demand free identity stone
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • zoner112012
    Options
    teabagg wrote: »
    All pw way to make that extra buck on you people.Bravo bravo an excellent business move for the last hoorah of this game.

I think this is a valid point and very likely a last huge push for money before they shut the doors on us. What is really sad is that they even made a post about the next expansion. They will milk our CSers for every penny then tell us thanks for playing and bye.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    All pw way to make that extra buck on you people.Bravo bravo an excellent business move for the last hoorah of this game.

I think this is a valid point and very likely a last huge push for money before they shut the doors on us. What is really sad is that they even made a post about the next expansion. They will milk our CSers for every penny then tell us thanks for playing and bye.

this game will be here years from now and when you look at it at this light... there are waaay worse examples out there and they still online to this day (i know atleast two games which are so dead but still running because they make enough money to be worth it).

But see it like this, we are worth enough that we still get all updates and not just cash sales and such​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • teethewicked
    edited August 2015
    Options
    razzzza wrote: »

this game will be here years from now and when you look at it at this light... there are waaay worse examples out there and they still online to this day (i know atleast two games which are so dead but still running because they make enough money to be worth it).

But see it like this, we are worth enough that we still get all updates and not just cash sales and such​​

Unfortunately this is true. No matter how many people PWI loses, it won't matter in the end as long as there are even a small few players that continue to spend hundreds of dollars a week. Hopefully PWI at least caves and gives us a code for free bound name change stones.

Off-topic, but is that Fujiwara no Mokou in your avatar pic?

Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • zoner112012
    Options

We have seen this example with many other mmos. This was basically a consolidation move to keep activity going for a while so they can make more money. Many other games that do this usually close their doors within 2 years after merging servers like Pwe just did.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options

We have seen this example with many other mmos. This was basically a consolidation move to keep activity going for a while so they can make more money. Many other games that do this usually close their doors within 2 years after merging servers like Pwe just did.

And in almost 20 years of playing MMOs, I've played several that had server merges that continued on for a long time. No need for the doom and gloom 'omgerd teh gmae will cloz soon cuz tehy mergered us'

Even if it did close in 2 years or less, I've gotten my monies worth over the past five years of playing and paying as a CSer and had fun doing it, and will continue to have fun doing it.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• zia
    zia Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

And in almost 20 years of playing MMOs, I've played several that had server merges that continued on for a long time. No need for the doom and gloom 'omgerd teh gmae will cloz soon cuz tehy mergered us'

Even if it did close in 2 years or less, I've gotten my monies worth over the past five years of playing and paying as a CSer and had fun doing it, and will continue to have fun doing it.

but no other MMO is **** up ur characters this much this many time and asking you $$$ to fix it
    now this time it not are only characters but even guilds and out of nowhere there is a guild rename stone on botique $$$ -.-

as you say they earn so much its more than sad they need to put more on the top as it already been n not give us free the option to fix our character as they been unwated changed into HL

it could have been any other way to solve this even if add a new server icon somewhere on the name just written the tag HL LC DW where ever the original comes from
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    REMEMBER KIDS. ITS JUST A GAME.
    giphy.gif

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    zia wrote: »

but no other MMO is **** up ur characters this much this many time and asking you $$$ to fix it
    now this time it not are only characters but even guilds and out of nowhere there is a guild rename stone on botique $$$ -.-

as you say they earn so much its more than sad they need to put more on the top as it already been n not give us free the option to fix our character as they been unwated changed into HL

it could have been any other way to solve this even if add a new server icon somewhere on the name just written the tag HL LC DW where ever the original comes from

I would agree to some degree. For many with the suffix, or faction leaders whose faction has the suffix, adding the name change stone and the faction name change stone is kind of like pouring rubbing alcohol on a fresh, deep laceration. Because I care about my faction members, I have already taken the plunge and bought the faction name change stone so we could be Malice again as none of us liked MaliceRT.

2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• velvetgoldmine
    velvetgoldmine Posts: 11 Arc User
    Options
    Luckily I wasn't affected by this but they should have done it by join date. My EA is named Coraline and I made her when the game first came out. If I had the suffix on the end on my name due to the merge and due to someone naming a character that with only a year of playing, I would have been pissed.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Off-topic, but is that Fujiwara no Mokou in your avatar pic?

Its Kanade from Angel Beats.

Im waiting for PWE to reply to all those complains because the names.
    maybe we get a namechange stone who knows.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • Zaccy
    Zaccy Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    I want my damn name back and my wife to have hers back; we've had them for years and the server we merged with likely has these names attached to inactive characters. We didn't change our names; it was forced upon us. I have red ink on a piece of gear now incorrectly stating my wife's name; I cannot farm these inks back and I cannot rename my gear to be the standard "manufactured by [current character name]". There are many things that cannot be fixed by even being allowed to freely change our characters names to new ones.
    What is this healing you speak of? (゜.゜)
  • alyinh
    alyinh Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    It is very simple first and foremost anyone with an RT should get a free name change stone... But seriously they need to check name creations any toon that was created AFTER the announcement of the merger that has a duplicate name as someone before needs to have THEIR name forced changed - even something when they log in say your name must be changed before logging into this character - and change it. Then the person who had it first can get their name back.

Some people may have done it to themselves, making a character on both servers not realizing that a merge would ever happen. It would be more work, but obviously nice to allow a person to decide which character to keep.

I got stuck with that stupid RT - not that I am ashamed of being from RT but it just looks stupid and takes away from the gaming experience because its annoying to look at. So even though I hate the thought of having to change my name I'd rather have it something besides this RT at the end...

I cannot afford and even if I could I would not buy a name change to fix this - it was not done by my wishes but PWI so it is their issue to resolve.
  • juggyjew
    juggyjew Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Zaccy wrote: »
    I want my damn name back and my wife to have hers back; we've had them for years and the server we merged with likely has these names attached to inactive characters. We didn't change our names; it was forced upon us. I have red ink on a piece of gear now incorrectly stating my wife's name; I cannot farm these inks back and I cannot rename my gear to be the standard "manufactured by [current character name]". There are many things that cannot be fixed by even being allowed to freely change our characters names to new ones.

Cry about it Goy and send more Shekels PWI's way and MAYBE you can fix SOME of those issues.

I seriously don't know how you guys can even play this game after such blatant extortion.... name change stones on sale.... hilarious.
  • zia
    zia Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    maybe put signs into the name we can not use in creation like [ / ] instead HL
    [Zia] as example
    but ruinning characters name hmm was a bad idea

even a free rename stone will take us away our favorite name
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    Hey Kids remember you wanted server merge. What you think would happen? That everything will work the way you want? nope it didnt so suck it up and move on little fairies.

I really don't know what fantasy world you live in, but I clearly remember people in Raging Tides raging about NOT wanting a server merge. Don't assume that everyone wanted this, and are now complaining about it! To assume makes a donkey out of you.

OTHER solutions would have been things like, oh I don't know, same name database servers all across? Much like they have with the now Etherblade server. Unique player ID codes would not have been a very hard thing to do. At least everyone with the ugly initials at the end of their name won't be complaining about the name change forced upon us only for PWE to make some quick cash with the identity stones.

Yeah, PWE, I see what you're really up to.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • teethewicked
    edited August 2015
    Options
    asurin wrote: »
    I clearly remember people in Raging Tides raging about NOT wanting a server merge. .

Yeah, the rage was pretty bad after the merge was announced out of the blue. Didn't help that it only came a week in advance.

On the contrary, it's more than likely that a small minority asked for the merges, and unfortunately fringe minorities tend to be the most vocal, especially with online forums. PWI likely saw those few players saying they wanted a merge and realized it was the perfect ruse to purposefully **** up player and faction names while at the same time conveniently releasing faction stones and putting identity stones on sale. The boutique stones are definitely NOT a coincidence and anyone who thinks so is in denial.

What I don't get, though, is why play server favorites?
    Trainer%20Card.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Gm's just announced in System chat that they are giving the stones out.

"Free Identity Stones are coming to characters renamed due to the server merge. Details will be on our blog later today!"​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!