Server Merges

Comments

• opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    There is alot ppl in lost city server who live in eu and cant attend events on west coast server time.Now when you are merging all servers in those servers and all of this servers will be pve,is there any chance to transfer some ppl from lost city to morai?
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Is there a city anywhere named Tideswell?
  • saphira4545
    saphira4545 Posts: 16 Arc User
    i talk french but i dont have client i play with client english and i am in faction english ...... dunno where is the problem there certain french ppl talk english perfectly and german ppl too :D and i have friend german who talk english perfectly
    and u here never here when ppl german make drama and english ppl too then :pensive:
    And french ppl know difference name items and instance dw for that :D and so u are in team with one ppl dont talk maybe one person translate for this person dw for that too
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    reliea wrote: »
    * If I create 16 characters on Sanctuary and Lost City Server, the login screen will be able to handle 16 characters? (I doubt that). Or will I have to delete some characters to have access to the last ones on the list? (most likely).

* If the login screen can seriously handle 16 characters, everyone would create 8 more characters on other server now. You would get more space for storage and more rewards for future login events.

It would scroll, and yes, that's not a bad idea.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    You can always let your toon in pk mode and pvp with others that are in the same mode like you.
    I know what differs PvE server and PvP, I know how it works. But...
    I dont want to be forced to pk when I do my primal dailies for exemple. Dont want to be 1 shot by r9 players and lose items that are not bound or to be forced to buy guardian scrolls.
    On a pve server you can chose when to be blue name or white name.
    That's why you picked pve server.
    On a pvp server you cannot chose when to pvp or not unless you spend all time in safe zone and not questing.
    Excatly why I picked pvp. Maybe it's hard for some ppl to realise, but YES, we chose it because there is no safe mode for anyone, we are all white since lvl 30, it's a kind of a challenge and motivation to improve and for me it was a huge part of fun. Was...

​​
    Post edited by shade13 on
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    ping wont be that horrible, harshlands QQ babies. I play on Sanctuary from the EU, for the past 6 years, and i have a connection of 200 MS at most, usually around 180, with 30 FPS and i do everything fine
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    You can always let your toon in pk mode and pvp with others that are in the same mode like you.
    I know what differs PvE server and PvP, I know how it works. But...
    I dont want to be forced to pk when I do my primal dailies for exemple. Dont want to be 1 shot by r9 players and lose items that are not bound or to be forced to buy guardian scrolls.
    On a pve server you can chose when to be blue name or white name.
    That's why you picked pve server.
    On a pvp server you cannot chose when to pvp or not unless you spend all time in safe zone and not questing.
    Excatly why I picked pvp. Maybe it's hard for some ppl to realise, but YES, we chose it because there is no white mode for anyone, we are all white since lvl 30, it's a kind of a challenge and motivation to improve and for me it was a huge part of fun. Was...

​​

And now you want all of us to be forced to play on pvp server or you want that pvp servers to merge in pvp server and pve server to merge in pve server?
    giphy.gif

• shade13
    or you want that pvp servers to merge in pvp server?
    This.
    As I said before, we have 2 pvp servers, quite enough for merging. It would change time zone for one of them, but just slightly and it's still better than to remove pvp servers at all and "send" usa players over the ocean, IMO.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • kingzisekev
    kingzisekev Posts: 9 Arc User
    i think HL just scared of gettin rekt.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    bellaviv wrote: »
    Moreover, season lasting 12 weeks?

I do agree that this is too short. Hopefully PWE is always late with resets and we might have 6months TW season for real ;)
  • shade13
    Yeah, btw, 3 months is pure nonsese, it's not enough time for 2 factions to reach each other if they start on 2 different sides of map. Besides several guilds will go for arch-1k city and it will take a month to get them because you can't just bid them having nothing or only one lvl3 land, and if nobody tries to prevent it, outbid etc. There is no time for real fight. Do GMs/CMs realise that? I really wonder why such decision was taken, it doesn't seem right. Ppl were unpleased by 6 months resets, arguing that it was too fast to reset. And now 3 only normal-32.gif We are gonna fight a planned fac once or twice and then start over? Where are tactics and planning? It was also big part of TW fun.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • vyperionvyp
    vyperionvyp Posts: 19 Arc User
    Since it is possible to merge US with EU server i assume that it is possible to transfer characters from LC to EU as well. If i am going to be a pve player (wich I hate btw) then i'd much rather not miss any event anymore. I would like an answer from an official, please, to confirm if this is going to be done!
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    i think HL just scared of gettin rekt.

Wont be many of us online for you to "rekt" when most of us are sleeping or at work during your peak hours. When we are on you guys will be asleep or at work.
  • opalhs
    Since it is possible to merge US with EU server i assume that it is possible to transfer characters from LC to EU as well. If i am going to be a pve player (wich I hate btw) then i'd much rather not miss any event anymore. I would like an answer from an official, please, to confirm if this is going to be done!

Agree.Alot ppl from LC would like to go to EU server.

• kingzisekev
    kingzisekev Posts: 9 Arc User
    Well now we know its doable to do server merges, perhaps it would be possible for server transfer stones for those that really aren't happy. Especially those 'HL' players. Although i can't see PWI just leaving events at the current EU Time. Perhaps they would take the events forwards a couple of hours, would be 10pm TW's on Morai, but 5PM for East Coast, i think that's as fair as it could be. I don't know if thats possible, or maybe changing the server time backwards by 2 hours? We will have to see. They will have their FaQ up soon i would presume, given the abruptness of these 'server merges' .
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >people want merge
    >know there will be consequences

>people get merge
    >complain about those exact consequences

Ah, PWI community, stay classy.

This is going to be my merge copy pasta for the next week.

Anyway, server switch ability would be great as well, since a lot of players also had to start out on a US server due to the lack of (at that point) a EU server.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shade13
    edited July 2015
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    >people want merge

>people get merge

I was always against the merge, because I could forsee the consequences normal-20.gif But I admit, it benefits a lot of ppl as well. I just disagree with the order of merging. They should reconsider servers combinations, because it can be done much better.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    >people want merge

>people get merge

I was always against the merge, because I could forsee the consequences normal-20.gif But I admit, it benefits a lot of ppl as well. I just disagree with the order of merging. They should reconsider servers combinations, because it can be done much better.

​​

It's as if the pwe team sat down in the meeting room and said "Ok guys what are the absolute worst server merge combinations we can come up with?"
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    >people want merge

>people get merge

Anyway, server switch ability would be great as well, since a lot of players also had to start out on a US server due to the lack of (at that point) a EU server.

Who could of foreseen idiotic decision to merge HL to Morai? It has nothing to do with the idea of merge, which has been taken positively with every other server merge. Its all bout idiotic execution. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • zoldickun
    Wont be many of us online for you to "rekt" when most of us are sleeping or at work during your peak hours. When we are on you guys will be asleep or at work.

Mutualization xD
    Maybe there will be activity on the server at any hour.
    I barely don't play anymore except for some NW/TW, so I don't care a lot, but it could be a good thing.
    Bad part is event time for you, but... it's PWE, we can't have great expectations in the first place.
  • shade13
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    It's as if the pwe team sat down in the meeting room and said "Ok guys what are the absolute worst server merge combinations we can come up with?"
    I can even understand the logic partly "on pvp servers pvp players still can pvp and pve can pve", but it would be justified if they had no choice. But they had. And it makes me wonder how they end up coming to this decision having such choice =(
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »
    >people want merge

>people get merge

Anyway, server switch ability would be great as well, since a lot of players also had to start out on a US server due to the lack of (at that point) a EU server.

Who could of foreseen idiotic decision to merge HL to Morai? It has nothing to do with the idea of merge, which has been taken positively with every other server merge. Its all bout idiotic execution.

What'd you expect when it's PWE that's doing the merges?
    They'd merge a server on the moon with a server on venus if they could​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• opalhs
    Well now we know its doable to do server merges, perhaps it would be possible for server transfer stones for those that really aren't happy. Especially those 'HL' players. Although i can't see PWI just leaving events at the current EU Time. Perhaps they would take the events forwards a couple of hours, would be 10pm TW's on Morai, but 5PM for East Coast, i think that's as fair as it could be. I don't know if thats possible, or maybe changing the server time backwards by 2 hours? We will have to see. They will have their FaQ up soon i would presume, given the abruptness of these 'server merges' .

Love how NON EU time players now see how we felt when we wake up in 5 in morning to do event for 6 years xD.

Server Transfer Stone if very good solution but only if thay give them to as for free,not to put them in boutique for 100 golds or something like that.If thay put it in boutique it can be abused for buying gold on servers where gold is cheeper.

Only option is to send emails for every account on every server where you can chose to what server you want to be transfered but that would also not be good if all ppl in 1 guild wana transfer to other server and cant take thier guild bases to other server too.
  • ducktaildragon
    ducktaildragon Posts: 5 Arc User
    EU players should get the option to be transferred to an EU server. Especially those accounts that were created before there were any EU servers.
  • sentient24
    sentient24 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hmm.. A few months ago I somehow quit without really making a conscious decision (Just didn't play anymore). But it seems like it was the right call. I will log in after the merge, because I am curious to see if it all works out and I wanna stalk some Sanctuary forum people and annoy them with HH, CV, GV and stuff, but making all servers PvE is a really dumb idea. I did change from Dreamweaver to Lost City after a year of playing for a reason. As some people mentioned, where is the harm in merging Harshlands with Lost City and keep it PvP. Would fix the EU times issue as well. But that would be an easy and satisfying solution - so it's not going to happen. I am curious how many of the old people from Lost City will quit over this. I read far less forum rage than I expected right now.
  • dreahm
    dreahm Posts: 1 Arc User
    There are still many non-US players on all the servers, haven't heard much consideration about them ever.
    And now HL is QQing about the EU time and none is asking to considerate the NW timing that EU ppl can join at least one cross-server NW.
    It would be really great to have an option of server transfer for everyone - with so much change it is the only fair option.
    And i would recommend to make the events (other than tw and nw) repeated for different time zones with limitation to be able to be attennded only once.
    Like remember the s-pack event? How many of you asked for it to be activated every two hours but with limit to do 4 times a day? Don't remember any US ones.

Think a bit more about everybody not only about yourself then may be we have better chances for PWI management to hear us.
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    sentient24 wrote: »
    I read far less forum rage than I expected right now.
    I bet for most people this forum is broken. I have to use the ArcLauncher to read and write in this forum (with IE I don't get the option to write a comment and with firefox this forum is almost a blank screen (just upper bar is visible). Since you can even submit blessing without Arc, many ppl even don't install it anymore. My Javascript is up-to-date btw..
  • zoldickun
    tet wrote: »
    sentient24 wrote: »
    I read far less forum rage than I expected right now.
    I bet for most people this forum is broken. I have to use the ArcLauncher to read and write in this forum (with IE I don't get the option to write a comment and with firefox this forum is almost a blank screen (just upper bar is visible). Since you can even submit blessing without Arc, many ppl even don't install it anymore. My Javascript is up-to-date btw..

I expected more activity too after this annoucement but can't be very surprised as well.
    Actually this is the first time I've come back to the forum since the day of the migration to vanilla, and before that I was kinda addicted to it. So I guess a lot of other people did stop to visit forums as well.
  • unluckygecko
    unluckygecko Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Imagine this:

Back in 2008 you find this really awesome game called PWI. Since you come from Europe you have to chose the least bad server choice, east. You go play for a couple of years, level up several toons, gearing them, making friends, maybe spend a little cash here and there. After a couple of years you have a couple of really well-geared toons and have a lot of good friends. Sure, you've been a bit annoyed at times that you can't participate in the weekly events, but hey, you managed to do well anyway.

Now it's 2012, and this new event called Nation Wars just arrived. You can't participate in this event either, cause it starts at 2am, but this time it's an event that actually matter. You need this event to be able to gear up, to keep progressing in the game. You get a bit angry cause now, for the first time in the four years you've played the game, missing an event actually hinders your progress. You come to the forums asking that maybe they could change one time slot for this event to be just a little bit earlier. Maybe have it start 2 hours earlier, so you just have to stay up until 2 am. But no change is made, and every time you mention it to someone you just get told that you should change server and start over or just deal with it and get up at 2 am.

So, Harshland players. If you don't like what happens maybe you should just change server and start over? Or deal with it, just start playing a bit earlier. How hard can it be?

Even thou revenge is sweet, I actually agree that US players should not have to change to EU time. The best option would be, in my opinion, free server transfers to 3 different new servers, one west coast, one east coast and one EU. That way everyone can go to the one that fits them the best.​​
  • bellaviv
    bellaviv Posts: 9 Arc User
    Imagine this:

Back in 2008 you find this really awesome game called PWI. Since you come from Europe you have to chose the least bad server choice, east. You go play for a couple of years, level up several toons, gearing them, making friends, maybe spend a little cash here and there. After a couple of years you have a couple of really well-geared toons and have a lot of good friends. Sure, you've been a bit annoyed at times that you can't participate in the weekly events, but hey, you managed to do well anyway.

Now it's 2012, and this new event called Nation Wars just arrived. You can't participate in this event either, cause it starts at 2am, but this time it's an event that actually matter. You need this event to be able to gear up, to keep progressing in the game. You get a bit angry cause now, for the first time in the four years you've played the game, missing an event actually hinders your progress. You come to the forums asking that maybe they could change one time slot for this event to be just a little bit earlier. Maybe have it start 2 hours earlier, so you just have to stay up until 2 am. But no change is made, and every time you mention it to someone you just get told that you should change server and start over or just deal with it and get up at 2 am.

So, Harshland players. If you don't like what happens maybe you should just change server and start over? Or deal with it, just start playing a bit earlier. How hard can it be?

Even thou revenge is sweet, I actually agree that US players should not have to change to EU time. The best option would be, in my opinion, free server transfers to 3 different new servers, one west coast, one east coast and one EU. That way everyone can go to the one that fits them the best.​​

This sounds very great, but utopic. I doubt effort would be made to make this happen, it would be a mess PWI haven't seen yet, and we've seen pretty bad times ( remember all instances breaking down and servers at the end, yeah...). It's easier just to merge in servers just like that, after picking them (seemingly) randomly.