Please rethink the next log-in event

Options

Comments

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    aphrodita wrote: »
    demainsfairy, go home. you act like those travelling couple packs were free and the gold wasnt bought with coins.

The hell does it matter weather the packs were bought with gold or coins? Buying them with coins doesn't remove the coins spent from the game (well 2% of it goes away but still), those coins are still there, they don't magically disappear...
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • unluckygecko
    unluckygecko Posts: 39 Arc User
    Options
    elannah wrote: »
    Happy with the coin as well, it will be a nice injection of cash towards the lunar set i am working on for my SB. Its not going to break PWI, its been broken for a long long time and PWI cant win anyways, you guys whine if they dont give anything for free and you whine when they do.

I'm not whining about getting free stuff, I have no problem with the rest of the items. Giving so much coin to every single 50+ character that logs in for 5 days is not a good idea. We don't need more coin circulating, we still need coins to be removed from the auto-bot fiasco.. ​​
  • bluespet
    bluespet Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly i like the coin idea Prices already sky rocketed on most servers and people need those coins to even buy anything, also it probobly wont "break" the economy like everyone says or do you all not remember the Teluse city event afew years ago where people managed 200-300 mil in a day sometimes from it prices went up for mebby 2 months at the time in game only not with gold and then everything went back to normal. And anyways earning coins in game has become near inpossible unless you creat like 30+ JollyJones charicters or get an army of alts to farm Fsp/Bh's.
  • unluckygecko
    Options
    bluespet wrote: »
    Honestly i like the coin idea Prices already sky rocketed on most servers and people need those coins to even buy anything, also it probobly wont "break" the economy like everyone says or do you all not remember the Teluse city event afew years ago where people managed 200-300 mil in a day sometimes from it prices went up for mebby 2 months at the time in game only not with gold and then everything went back to normal. And anyways earning coins in game has become near inpossible unless you creat like 30+ JollyJones charicters or get an army of alts to farm Fsp/Bh's.

And what do you think will happen to the prices when a ton of cash is added? It goes up, since coin value go down. The smaller total amount of coins the servers have, the more coin will be worth and the more affordable items will become. This will do the opposite, and that's a really bad road to go down again..​​
  • lilliida
    lilliida Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sjampie wrote: »
    Edit (for question below): it's not about the amount you get, it's about the amount people can get from you if you're willing to buy. But okay, to see it as '30 bucks' think of this: if you give money to someone who doesn't have any, he or she will use it. To say/write very simple: money is for trading only. Now think of this: he or she wants to buy something from you (like a car, camel or whatever you're selling). Since you're selling AND you know what amount of coins you have given, your sellingprice should go up giving you more profit. Luckely for us we don't talk about real money in PWI but 'virtual' coins. People who are willing to buy should be spending more time to find the item they want at the cheapest price. Here the bots come in.

i dont think 100m per person would be such a big deal
    it would give lower geared ppl the chance to improve a bit as well
    say, if more ppl were to chip their TT/lunar mats, the money would be out of the economy as well

and if ppl were smart and just waited til the scammers understood that theres no reason for selling even higher prices will be back to normal
    cos imo e.g. 70m for a g15 nirv weap is already just overpriced lol

the problem is not the money added to the game, its the endless greed of ppl who try to scam the last coin out of others
    and u know im right about that

I'm not whining about getting free stuff, I have no problem with the rest of the items. Giving so much coin to every single 50+ character that logs in for 5 days is not a good idea. We don't need more coin circulating, we still need coins to be removed from the auto-bot fiasco.. ​​

we also need to have all the free +10/11 gear and the eventgold and charms an pots etc etc removed qqqqqqqqqqqqq.....(sarcasm)

all ur saying is punish the poor and make the rich even richer
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    lilliida wrote: »
    This reward exactly like you say will make rich even richer and poor won't be affected much. Because poor are the ppl who don't have a lot of alts to BH on them daily or lazy to do it. They will get 10-100mil, learn skills, improve gear a bit and that's all. While rich have uncountable amount of alts from illusionary pills etc and will make billions on it.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    I would get 360m coins. I suppose that's just average on lost city server. I'm getting about 250m for doing BH WS and BH HH on all my alts for a month (~15 days, I'm skipping BH AEU/EU). And about 40m for JoJs.

It's mid summer time, let's see how many will log.

I suppose there are two aims for pwe:
    * Motivate inactive people to come back and let semi-active people stay more active.
    * Rising gold price.

Most of us are F2Pers. We want many active people around, but we also want a low gold price. But that's not what pwe and the P2Pers want. To be "decent" geared, you have to have a full nv g16 full +5/6 set nowadays, with g10+ shards and at least g14 ornaments. This costs still ~600m coins.

= A casual gamer which has to charage gold to get the coins has to spend ~200 dollars. For non-competitive "pve gear". It's true, it still takes a long time to farm the gear - and if you farm it you might just have an income of 2 dollars per hour. But you always have to see the other site too. For most people 200 dollars are a lot of money.

The new target of (all?) mmo companies are the casual players. Don't know, if it will work. PWE's old strategy was to take the money from the rich. I suppose most of them left already for greener grass.
  • lilliida
    edited July 2015
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »
    This reward exactly like you say will make rich even richer and poor won't be affected much. Because poor are the ppl who don't have a lot of alts to BH on them daily or lazy to do it. They will get 10-100mil, learn skills, improve gear a bit and that's all. While rich have uncountable amount of alts from illusionary pills etc and will make billions on it.

​​

oh and you think "poor" ppl didnt take advantage of crystals as well? lol

rich ppl will always be richer and favored (just see all the raffles)
    this way ppl who dont have as much money can improve at least a bit
    a few hundred m dont matter for those who already got billions of coins

i also know a lot of said rich ppl who were simply too lazy to create crystal chars, so saying its only gonna make the rich richer ia not accurate in this case

im just happy we get good stuffs instead of complaining when we dont get w/e and then even more when we finally get something
  • Sirkura
    Sirkura Posts: 21 Arc User
    Options
    While i don't think this will destroy the game, this is hardly the apocalypse it WILL have hard consequences. I don't think this event will be changing anytime soon. We will simply have to adapt to said changes, just like the coin nerfs on dq, armor, pots, earning time, etc. people seem to not fully understand the how it will affect cat shops. they will fluctuate in time. the cheap cat shops will slowly be bought up till they run out, leaving only the more expensive merchants around that refused to lower their prices.
    kkmmsig.jpg
  • shade13
    Options
    oh and you think "poor" ppl didnt take advantage of crystals as well? lol
    If they take full advantage of it regularly, they are not poor anymore monkey-47.gif

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    lillida, go to the jolly jones npc, observe the area a bit and then tell me again, that you doubt that seome people have 100+ chars.

and yes, 500 x 100 mil coins (it will be more, trust me) is a big deal, thats enough to empty the entire market of certain items.

im kinda glad now, that i bought so many DoDs recently (hi travel packs).
  • lilliida
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sirkura wrote: »
    While i don't think this will destroy the game, this is hardly the apocalypse it WILL have hard consequences. I don't think this event will be changing anytime soon. We will simply have to adapt to said changes, just like the coin nerfs on dq, armor, pots, earning time, etc. people seem to not fully understand the how it will affect cat shops. they will fluctuate in time. the cheap cat shops will slowly be bought up till they run out, leaving only the more expensive merchants around that refused to lower their prices.

ofc it will have consequences, but nothing that we cant deal with

its like new packs...ppl go all crazy and e.g. sell fashion for 250m and higher and after a few weeks the price is back to "normal"

same for catshops..even if they try to scam ppl again, i bet theres lots who will just wait til prices drop back to normal
    i remember this specific catshop who refused to lower price on his g15nirv glaive for years (no kidding) and then nw was released lololol
    but anyway, imo most merchs r smart enough to adapt their prices

when we got the new packs recently, e.g. gem prices increased by ~30m and now they r cheaper than before due to sales

imo just wait and see how it turns out

lillida, go to the jolly jones npc, observe the area a bit and then tell me again, that you doubt that seome people have 100+ chars.

unless i were a gm i cant tell who is whose char lol
    anyway, ppl who lvled a char to that range might as well get rewarded for it
    and why do u think they decreased the amount of coins u get in the first place lol

with that logic u might as well remove the coin reward entirely because if ppl got as many chars as u say then theres to much money in the economy as well that causes inflation yadda yadda lol
  • aphrodita
    Options
    [
    same for catshops..even if they try to scam ppl again
    but anyway, imo most merchs r smart enough to adapt their prices

make up your mind...adapt or scam?
  • lilliida
    Options

adapt the scam prices to an amount that ppl are barely willing to pay
    sry i thought that was obvious :3
  • unluckygecko
    Options
    Morai have roughly 39k toons on it, if that russian site that scans for people is accurate. If we say that only 50% of those are 50+ and only 50% of those log in for 5 days there would be almost 10 000 people getting 10mil each. Do you think 100 000 000 000 coins will go unnoticed?​​
  • aphrodita
    edited July 2015
    Options

adapt the scam prices to an amount that ppl are barely willing to pay
    sry i thought that was obvious :3

putting a catshop up is not scam. the customer can see the price and then decide to buy or not.

@Morai: doesnt the wesbite only scan chars that went to archosaur recently?
  • unluckygecko
    Options
    @Morai: doesnt the wesbite only scan chars that went to archosaur recently?

I don't know, but if that's the case there are way more then 10k active 50+ toons tiger-27.gif ​​
  • lilliida
    Options
    putting a catshop up is not scam. the customer can see the price and then decide to buy or not.

if u would kindly stop to twist and interpret something into what i said that i actually didnt lol.
  • opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options
    Morai have roughly 39k toons on it, if that russian site that scans for people is accurate. If we say that only 50% of those are 50+ and only 50% of those log in for 5 days there would be almost 10 000 people getting 10mil each. Do you think 100 000 000 000 coins will go unnoticed?​​

You can just wish it will be only 100 bil coins.Log in event lasts for 14 days,means you have 9 days to make as much chars you can and have 5 days time to log them in for coins price,If you go now and make 4 squads(24 chars)per day lvl 50+.thats 216 chars x 9 mil=1.944.000.000.Plus all of us allready have atleast 50 chars 50+ lvl=450.000.000,thats around 2.400.000.000 or 2.4 bil per player.All our coins will become usles now.All we can do is go and start making characters and pray thay will mistakly give us War Avatar PACK S instead Big Notes like thay did for War avatar CHEST S.
  • tet
    Options
    At least it's something new. Normally they mess events up, because they don't work as intended. This time they will mess it up, if it works as intended.
  • unluckygecko
    Options
    opalhs wrote: »
    Morai have roughly 39k toons on it, if that russian site that scans for people is accurate. If we say that only 50% of those are 50+ and only 50% of those log in for 5 days there would be almost 10 000 people getting 10mil each. Do you think 100 000 000 000 coins will go unnoticed?

You can just wish it will be only 100 bil coins.Log in event lasts for 14 days,means you have 9 days to make as much chars you can and have 5 days time to log them in for coins price,If you go now and make 4 squads(24 chars)per day lvl 50+.thats 216 chars x 9 mil=1.944.000.000.Plus all of us allready have atleast 50 chars 50+ lvl=450.000.000,thats around 2.400.000.000 or 2.4 bil per player.All our coins will become usles now.All we can do is go and start making characters and pray thay will mistakly give us War Avatar PACK S instead Big Notes like thay did for War avatar CHEST S.

I just gave a very conservative number to make a point, in reality you probably come closer to the truth. Yeah, we can hope they messed the prices up, but if they didn't.. *shrugs*
    tet wrote: »
    At least it's something new. Normally they mess events up, because they don't work as intended. This time they will mess it up, if it works as intended.

Hehe, always look at the bright side I guess tiger-42.gif​​
  • opalhs
    edited July 2015
    Options
    shade13 wrote: »

​​

Thay can learn skills and pay fee for opening lunar or nw/nv3 gear fee only,but thay will not improve gear a bit cos like i said prices will rise,ppl who have alot money will pay alot for some things.nv3 service will probobly cost like 100 mil per part of armor,SOW will be 20 mil each,gold 20 mil each or maybe 4 mil but there will be none on auction cos thay will be bought imidiatly(1 of those because i dont know if there is cap on 4 mil or can go more).DoD 1 bil and so on...

• tet
    Options
    Thay can learn skills and pay fee for opening lunar or nw/nv3 gear fee only,but thay will not improve gear a bit cos like i said prices will rise,ppl who have alot money will pay alot for some things.nv3 service will probobly cost like 100 mil per part of armor,SOW will be 20 mil each,gold 20 mil each or maybe 4 mil but there will be none on auction cos thay will be bought imidiatly(1 of those because i dont know if there is cap on 4 mil or can go more).DoD 1 bil and so on...

I doubt that prices for farmable items will rise (except perfect stones maybe, depends on if we will get 2x drop or not). Mainly price of CS items will adapt (those are very cheap on lc server at the moment, LGIW for 25-30m, LGIO 20m, WTLG 20m, Vit Stones 50-60m, DoT for 90-100m, Golden Coin for 70m, tokens for 10k and so on). Well... "cheap" for all the long-term F2Pers with decent gear and armies of BH toons).
  • shade13
    Options
    nv3 service will probobly cost like 100 mil per part of armor,SOW will be 20 mil each,gold 20 mil each or maybe 4 mil but there will be none on auction cos thay will be bought imidiatly(1 of those because i dont know if there is cap on 4 mil or can go more).DoD 1 bil and so on...
    O__o I seriously doubt it will be that bad. You can easily wait for several weeks or even months till prices go back to normal. I can get formidable amount of coins from this, but I'm not gonna buy DoD for 1bil, ffs.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • opalhs
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Be realistic.If there is Gold cap on auction,ppl will stop seling gold on auction.There will be new curency in game (i am not DrakeKhan dont wory not gona go drop nonsence xD).Smart ppl who charge gold will trade items from boutique for items from game,but there is also problem because ppl who charge can allready buy everything thay need from boutique.gst/mog for r9,dragon orbs,packs for shards,and catalysts or war avatar treasure boxes.So only think that ppl who chagre gold will ever need is some litle amount of coins for skills,nw gear fee,fee to put shards in gear,unc/raps for summerwind coins,sows and fs coins if thay wana have biger chance for S cards.So one of new curencys will be unc/raps and fs coins/sows,and thay will trade items from boutique/items from packs for only that things,Coins will mostly be usles for ppl who go for end game gear,
  • torres7
    torres7 Posts: 13 Arc User
    Options
    that was worst idea ever to give away 9 mil per toon . they should change that reward cose ppl have countless pills baby and that makes game economy even worst..gold is already 4 mil
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    Why all the fuss.
    It can be a rare window of opprtunity for PWI to ban some fckers who use 10 accounts, because yall now ppl r greedy.
    So what if it adds a ton of coin into the game? Ppl who currently have tons of coin will suffer if they're stupid, which should not be the case really.

Every crisis is a window of oportunity for the smart, and smart players will always benefit no matter the current circumstances.

Which is why I only see it as a breath of air for people who have a hard time gearing up.

Recipe for all the rich (and most likely false whiners):
    1. buy everything you can from the market, at current prices, and sit it out. Sell when you think it wise.
    2. OR buy all gold you can, it will get more expensive. Its a fact.

All this whining makes me think you all dream of a locked market, stagnating prices. There is no such thing. Adapt.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • sedskdfjkhsdf
    sedskdfjkhsdf Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    Oh lord, this is such a bad idea. Gold prices will rocket to be above AH cap again and people who do not "abuse" this offer by creating hundreds of lvl 50+ toons will be the ones who suffer with few coins and high prices.

Please please reconsider and change the 9mil coin reward.

And yes I can confirm there are people on HT server with enough accounts to make billions out of this awful idea of an event.
  • KiLiWiKiLi
    KiLiWiKiLi Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I dont see whats wrong with giving 9mil to players that log in everydays! And its extremely hard for the lower lvl/new players to earn coins! Every quest give like 50k coins, thats nothing, they cant do anything with it!
    Those players asking for everything but coins are those rich **** players that dont need coins... They are worried because they dont want any1 to have coins!
  • unluckygecko
    edited July 2015
    Options
    KiLiWiKiLi wrote: »
    I dont see whats wrong with giving 9mil to players that log in everydays! And its extremely hard for the lower lvl/new players to earn coins! Every quest give like 50k coins, thats nothing, they cant do anything with it!
    Those players asking for everything but coins are those rich **** players that dont need coins... They are worried because they dont want any1 to have coins!

First of all, building up from scratch is what we all had to do. Doing all your quests, farming mats and doing JoJ quests will go a long way to get enough money to start INVESTING it. Fact is, it's rather simple to get coins nowadays. Quests give massive amounts of coins, you have JoJ quests and nothing stops you from farming for mats to sell. Farming mid-mats for Ultimate substances is more profitable now that you can't get it from BH100 anymore, to take one example. You also don't have to spend a single coin on gear until you get to level 100.

I really don't get all the whining about how low levels can't get any money.. Learn how to play and most of all, learn how to SAVE and INVEST.

Secondly, those people who want the coin reward taken out is not rich people hording all the money. It's the people who know how making money out of nothing will make the economy go down the drain. It's really simple:

More coin -> coin worth less -> prices go up
    Less coin -> coin worth more -> prices go down

Which one do you prefer?

Do you think a couple of million coins will help you when prices sky rocket because everyone, their mother, their mothers dog and their mothers dogs toy bone get the same amount or more? The answer is no, those millions will not help you one bit.​​