Anniversary Event Issues

Options
surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
UPDATE 4/1 4:15 pm
After talking with the developers, will be unfortunately not be able to restore Sparkling Crystals to the Scholarly Challenge.

To make up for the loss in crystals, both from the Scholarly Challenge and the unintentional reset after the first week, Smoke Over Archosaur will be running every weekday at 5pm instead of its previous schedule.

UPDATE 3/18 4:30 pm
I just heard back from the developers about the Anniversary Tickets. Unfortunately, it seems it ultimately boiled down to miscommunication; you're only supposed to get one ticket per day after two hours, not one ticket every two hours. Since this was the original design it's not something that can be changed, but I will be making sure that the text is updated accordingly in the next patch.

We've also confirmed that the Scholarly Challenge is not giving Sparkling Crystals, and will be contacting the developers regarding a fix.

Both of these issues are definitely being taken into consideration in our discussion about compensation, but we still don't have anything solid to announce regarding that yet (though I can definitely say we will NOT be giving away war avatars. :P). I will continue to update this thread with more information as I receive it.

UPDATE 3/18 2:00 pm
We will be having an emergency maintenance tonight at 7:00 pm PDT to fix the expiration date on the crystals and stop them from disappearing. We will not be able to directly restore crystals that have been lost, but are discussing compensation options such as extending the end date and/or running additional events. I will update this thread as soon as more information is available.

Also, please keep this thread on topic about the anniversary. I understand there are other issues people want answers to, but it makes it easier for everyone if we keep separate issues to separate threads.

ORIGINAL POST 3/18 1:45 pm
Hi everyone.

Really sorry about the issues with the Sparkling Crystals. I just wanted to let you know that we're working on a fix; I will update this thread as soon as I have more information.
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Really sorry about the issues with the Sparkling Crystals. I just wanted to let you know that we're working on a fix; I will update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Thankyou Surtr.
    I am becoming very fond of your quick replies.

Even if you just say "I don't know" it lets us know that you are reading.

We appreciate your work :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jacoblayson
    jacoblayson Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Most people have just npc'd their chests by now since they have no use......b:surrender
  • Venielle - Archosaur
    Venielle - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Additional events have no use for me, since I can never attend them because of the time difference. Extending the date would be more appropriate for all imo.
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    extending the end date and/or running additional events

so, the plan is to extend and/or add events that worked only once and are broken since?!
    yeah sounds like a pwi solution, indeed...
    thank you for at least acknowloding this broken part of yet another inoperative anniversary event.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We currently have 5 weekly events for the crystals but only 2 out of the 5 actually work.

- The 9am Thursday Archosaur event and the 9am Tuesday Scholarly event did not happen.
    - The Monday Scholarly event is supposed to award crystals but due to a bugged entry in the quest data it does not award any at all.

Please take care of those issues if you can. We were only getting 40% of the crystals we were supposed to get before they disappeared.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Or PWI you could give me a code for a war avatar A Chest b:cute.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cards... always welcome. b:mischievous

Hey fellow guildie, btw.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Options

They should introduce new ways to get cards x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keeperofkeys
    keeperofkeys Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    They should introduce new ways to get cards x_x

Nope, decent cards should be rare and hard to get...bugs me how everyone wants the best most OP stuff handed to them on a plate. The fun is supposed to be in the time spent earning things...no sense of achievement for me if stuff is just given to us.

Anyway, IMHO good compensation would be a code that gives about 20 Sparkling Crystals.
    Then we can carry on with the events and try to get the rewards.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    UPDATE 2:00 pm
    We will be having an emergency maintenance tonight at 7:00 pm PDT to fix the expiration date on the crystals and stop them from disappearing. We will not be able to directly restore crystals that have been lost, but are discussing compensation options including extending the end date and/or running additional events. I will update this thread as soon as more information is available.

Also, please keep this thread on topic about the Sparkling Crystals. I understand there are other issues people want answers to, but it makes it easier for everyone if we keep separate issues to separate threads.

Hi everyone.

I wish I could give this a Like or something. Thanks a lot for being on the ball....i would like to say that I dont think MORE events is really a good idea given how buggy the events have already been....but if there is maybe a way u could just give people a code for a set amount of crystals or something like that it would be awesome to compensate for the crystals that people lost. I know a few people that did the event last Wednesday and had over 60 crystals. Just something for you to think about.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nope, decent cards should be rare and hard to get...bugs me how everyone wants the best most OP stuff handed to them on a plate. The fun is supposed to be in the time spent earning things...no sense of achievement for me if stuff is just given to us.

Anyway, IMHO good compensation would be a code that gives about 20 Sparkling Crystals.

I don't want that at all.
    I will state though that the current system is exactly that.

It is true that you gain a slightly higher probability for S cards by opening packs created with FS coins + catalysts, as opposed to just buying packs directly from the cash shop.
    Either way though, you are gaining them spending 4 gold per pack, not through greater in game work.

Currently I am using 4 Maxed S cards and 2 A Cards. Sitting at around 850'ish spirit.
    So, I'm not exactly on the bad end of things. I just think there should be more ways to earn them other than buying catalysts with gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

fair point, but "best most OP" is a S set, A chests do help the competitive but not uber rich players
    a decent/good A set isint as "hard" to get as its random and based partly on how much youre willing to spend on C packs [or how many good alts you have, more often than not quitted accounts people have acquired-technically against the rules] vs using your own coins to gamble A chests
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fair point, but "best most OP" is a S set, A chests do help the competitive but not uber rich players
    a decent/good A set isint as "hard" to get as its random and based partly on how much youre willing to spend on C packs [or how many good alts you have, more often than not quitted accounts people have acquired-technically against the rules] vs using your own coins to gamble A chests

Pretty much this.
    You have to spend gold for S-Packs though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Additional events have no use for me, since I can never attend them because of the time difference. Extending the date would be more appropriate for all imo.

Different times would be appreciated. Running events during regular work hours server time is not cool. Pw wants money. We gotta work to give it to them b:surrender
  • thebeast52
    thebeast52 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    UPDATE 4:30 pm
    I just heard back from the developers about the Anniversary Tickets. Unfortunately, it seems it ultimately boiled down to miscommunication; you're only supposed to get one ticket per day after two hours, not one ticket every two hours. Since this was the original design it's not something that can be changed, but I will be making sure that the text is updated accordingly in the next patch.

We've also confirmed that the Scholarly Challenge is not giving Sparkling Crystals, and will be contacting the developers regarding a fix.

Both of these issues are definitely being taken into consideration in our discussion about compensation, but we still don't have anything solid to announce regarding that yet (though I can definitely say it will NOT be war avatars. :P). I will continue to update this thread with more information as I receive it.

We will be having an emergency maintenance tonight at 7:00 pm PDT to fix the expiration date on the crystals and stop them from disappearing. We will not be able to directly restore crystals that have been lost, but are discussing compensation options including extending the end date and/or running additional events. I will update this thread as soon as more information is available.

Also, please keep this thread on topic about the anniversary. I understand there are other issues people want answers to, but it makes it easier for everyone if we keep separate issues to separate threads.

Original Post
    Hi everyone.

And it is things like this that make people want to play the game? All my characters are missing the crystals. Glad I stopped paying real cash on this game. Only reason I keep playing is because I have put a couple hundred cash into 1 of my characters. GOOD GOING PWI HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the response on the issues we've encountered. This first week has been pretty rough but I'm hopeful things will be ironed out.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,844 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks good to me...

Sweetiebot please give Surtr 10 Sweetiebot points for the BIG effort.

I don't understand why we cant have more responses like this. Its really makes a difference!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

Sweetiebot please give Surtr 10 Sweetiebot points for the BIG effort.
    I'm a woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm a woman.

SweetieBot give yourself a round of applause and a chocolate chip cookie.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    geirskokul wrote: »

SweetieBot give yourself a round of applause and a chocolate chip cookie.
    I already have 2, it would be greedy to take any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Ajaa - Heavens Tear
    Ajaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not only the few sparkling crystals I did have vanished, but the one I got today and put the bank, has also vanished.
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Both of these issues are definitely being taken into consideration in our discussion about compensation, but we still don't have anything solid to announce regarding that yet (though I can definitely say it will NOT be war avatars. :P). I will continue to update this thread with more information as I receive it.

Original Post
    Hi everyone.

I've lost 50 crystals, and honestly there is almost nothing normal that will compensate that ... Ive got bored of this stupid game keep making us do things over and over , collect and do many things then ur hard work is gone .
    Either u restore them or better give something worth in return , ty .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options

Original Post
    Hi everyone.

I don't really care about those crystals. The only thing I might make out of them is some hypers, and I can afford to buy those.

What I care about is the Anniversary Tickets. I'd love to log in everyday to get an orb, but it takes 90 tickets to make an orb. It would take 3 months of diligent logging in to save up 90, and the event is only going to run to May 30th (that's barely 2 and a half months).

Ticket Orb= 3 months
    Event=2.5 months

So... why did I start logging into the game again?

Hi btw :)
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What I care about is the Anniversary Tickets. I'd love to log in everyday to get an orb, but it takes 90 tickets to make an orb. It would take 3 months of diligent logging in to save up 90, and the event is only going to run to May 30th (that's barely 2 and a half months).

Ticket Orb= 3 months
    Event=2.5 months

So... why did I start logging into the game again?

Hi btw :)

Dayum O_O +1 to this, go solve that issue >_> .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I like to write in big annoying colors as well because my opinion matters more than everyone else and their opinions.

UnbrokenWill, please stop writing in obnoxious text. If you think it will get your message across better, it won't. I didn't even read your message because the color and size was so irritating.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm sure someone has brought this up, but all the sparkling crystals I had earned on all my toons on my account are missing, like poof, gone. I hope those will appear after this update? I've read though the opening post and didn't see this issue address so thought I'd ask.

Edit: I also want to request that the event is extended so we have at least a chance to earn the great prizes. As pointed out there is really no way with the amount of time for this even to do that. thx.
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    so conclusion ?? do we will get free 100 crystel ?? :3:3 ??b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • camoodii
    camoodii Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm sure someone has brought this up, but all the sparkling crystals I had earned on all my toons on my account are missing, like poof, gone. I hope those will appear after this update? I've read though the opening post and didn't see this issue address so thought I'd ask.

Edit: I also want to request that the event is extended so we have at least a chance to earn the great prizes. As pointed out there is really no way with the amount of time for this even to do that. thx.

NO my crystal did not show up so...wth PWI what are you going to do? Anything or did we just waste our time even trying with this event? Did everyones crystal dissapear?
  • NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    NRGLG - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    camoodii wrote: »
    Did everyones crystal dissapear?

Yes. They just fixed the event in this emergency maintenance. No more crystals should be disappearing until the end of the event in June.
    Kernal32.dll error? Get Arc XP for PWI because PWE Derpped -->http://www.nrgs.org/dev/arcxp/ArcXP.zip<-- (Don't select the arrows!)

Forums. Where opinion is truth, truth are facts, facts are wrong, and wrong is an opinion.

My site: >http://nrgs.org&lt; | Free and open source tools and utilities developed by me
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the quick fix. Losing a bunch of scratchcards is not that big a deal to me, so... as far as I'm concerned, don't worry about compensation.

... unless you're tossing out +8 orbs or something. Then worry about it b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.