Anniversary Event Issues

Options
13»

Comments

• UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They shouldn't really need any changes from PWCN for the orbs though. Even if it's 1 ticket per day, all they need to do is to extend the event longer. If the event requires a patch to start and a patch to end, then they just need to postpone patching in the end-of-event patch. If it's done by timer, then they should be able to just set the timer to end at a later date. Event scheduling stuff are usually done locally, so I think PWE should have control of that.

I think the part that requires PWCN devs is probably the scholar event cause it's not giving any crystals at all and prob require a bug fix. And I have a feeling we won't get it.

Would be nice to get an update on what's happening with this stuff from Surtr or someone else from PWE though.

For sure :) Though I'm also concerned they'll change the end date to be EXACTLY 90 days from the start. I didn't notice the post on FB till a day later (I had stopped playing for like 2 months, and came on just because of the Anniversary), and if they do an exact 90, I'll be one short. lol :)
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    Options
    After talking with the developers, will be unfortunately not be able to restore Sparkling Crystals to the Scholarly Challenge.

To make up for the loss in crystals, both from the Scholarly Challenge and the unintentional reset after the first week, instead of running Smoke Over Archosaur on Fridays at 4pm we will be running it every weekday at 5pm (to hopefully allow more people to participate).
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    After talking with the developers, will be unfortunately not be able to restore Sparkling Crystals to the Scholarly Challenge.

To make up for the loss in crystals, both from the Scholarly Challenge and the unintentional reset after the first week, instead of running Smoke Over Archosaur on Fridays at 4pm we will be running it every weekday at 5pm (to hopefully allow more people to participate).

GG. People who work day jobs. Eff you D;
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

That's about as well as we could hope for. Thanks.

It's a real shame the patch cycle is too long to address issues like this. Can you make a comment about the full weekly schedule? Is the 5pm Smoke event replacing Scholarly Challenge or are we still having the Challenge on Monday/Tuesday?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The Scholarly Challenge will still run, as people are still participating for the other prizes as well as the XP.

Also, to correct an error in my previous post, Smoke Over Archosaur's schedule is now solely weekdays at 5pm instead of the prior schedule; the blog post at http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9081183-anniversary-event-schedule is being updated with the full new schedule.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• madclericxxx
    madclericxxx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    failed event = teaser event set rewards unobtainable b:laugh put up and shut up all fools like me be happy you can even log in these daysb:surrender
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options

A problem with the Smoke over Archosaur event is that it does not appear to scale. The more people attends, the less each player will get on average. Let's say it has the potential to drop 500 crystals total if each spawn point was farmed immediately (just a number I pulled to illustrate the point). If only 25 people attends, then each player will get 20 crystals each on average. If 250 people attends, then each player will get only 2 crystals each on average. If everyone affected by the disappearing crystal bug attends, they'll get 0 on average. Most players will get nothing from this solution.

Every toon that took part in the anniv event was affected by the disappearing crystals bug. So if on average each toon lost 10 crystals each and you have 10000 participating toons total on that server (should be much higher given all the alts people have), then net loss is 100,000 crystals lost from that server. If let's say each event drops 500 crystals and you're now adding 2 more events per week (going from 3 Smoke events to 5 Smoke events), that adds 1000 crystals per week. There's 8 weeks left so that means you're adding 8,000 crystals. So at a server level, this adds 8,000 crystals to compensate for what could be over 100,000 lost crystals for that server.

What I would like to suggest is to simply change the daily event from giving [1 or 10] crystals to [2 or 10] crystals. This should make up for any losses from the disappearing crystal bug as well as alleviate the missing crystals from the Scholar event bug. This should be a pretty straight forward change. Maybe you can pass this by PWCN to see if it's possible.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lol smoke over archo is about to run on HT in about 2 minutes...so instead of doing 5 PM you do 8 am? cool!
  • geirskokul
    geirskokul Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    **** that, I can't keep track of the times of this nonsense. Have missed a ton of them because of the time screwups, stood around for ones that never happened and now they occur unscheduled when I can't do it. I give up.
  • northy1969
    northy1969 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    the point is they could have and should have come up with a better anniversary event because this sucks...b:sadb:angry
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The Scholarly Challenge will still run, as people are still participating for the other prizes as well as the XP.

Also, to correct an error in my previous post, Smoke Over Archosaur's schedule is now solely weekdays at 5pm instead of the prior schedule; the blog post at http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9081183-anniversary-event-schedule is being updated with the full new schedule.

This is a really terrible solution. People who lost crystals who work during the day will not only NOT get any crystals back of what they lost, but they also will now be unable to participate in ANY anniversary events as they are ALL scheduled during the weekday for the server's time zone. ALL OF THEM!

I'm not sure if PWI is aware but I would say it's a fair assumption that most of PWI's income comes from shoppers who are employed. Most jobs are day jobs. IE Most of the people who support PWI will not be able to partake in promotional events.

This makes no sense as a business strategy.

Update:

So.... Everyday at 5pm. Are you sure?

Because my server apparently had it at 8am this morning....

Either way it sucks :c

Sorry. I'm not usually part of the mob with pitchforks screaming but. Really? Working hours? No other event happens during working hours b:shocked

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So I was just wondering...what ever happened to the compensation for the week + of sparkling crystals that we couldnt keep cuz it went poof whenever we logged?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Luvlylinda - Sanctuary
    Luvlylinda - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i see alot about a 2 hour sign in where your supposed to b logged in for 2 hours to get anniversary tickets you turn in for prizes i have not gotten this quest yet & have no idea where to get it will some one send me a clue b:angry b:cry
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No friday event at either 5pm or otherwise on Sanctuary server.

Go figure the only event i can make due to day off doesnt happen b:surrender
  • eirghan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So I was just wondering...what ever happened to the compensation for the week + of sparkling crystals that we couldnt keep cuz it went poof whenever we logged?

Our compensation is the event runnimg every weekday at 5pm.

Sort of

Except its not running lol.
  • Nagibatel - Lost City
    Nagibatel - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Options
    compensation it's 2 days of event on weekday when there alot ppl instead of 3 days event per week???it's some kind of joke not compensation..
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    WOW i would have npc the chest long time ago if i had read this .

i did the math and anything good i cant get by the time this event ends also notice on one of the days it has a 9-am and a 5pm my time event 2 times a day?

and just recently the second quest which should have been mirage x is actually astral sky 1 i think

and guys im doing both quests and smoke over arc basically 3 to get crystals smoke gives anywhere from 10-20 crystals if your lucky quest gives 1-10 and a freaking 2 hour wait quest that use to give two tickets for 2 crystals max now gives only one crystal which is insane

the second quest for ticket rewards should give way more then 1 freakin crystal when compare to the refine orbs wow.

and i guess the ticket event ends this month on the 30th lol could you even gotten the refine orbs ?

and the crystal even ends on the 3rd next month?

Im sorry but serious fail.
  • ursomimao
    ursomimao Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi Surtr, can we please get an update about the Smoke over Archosaur event situation? It didn't happen today in many servers (maybe all of them?), since it was supposed to go on untill the end of the month, maybe some there was some issue related to the end of the login event on most servers?
    Thanks in advance.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Err, I feel its a little late to be bringing this up, and I'm surprised no one else at all has mentioned it here . . .

But the Scholarly Challenge has been most problematic . . . once more it hasn't run (the 4pm Monday schedule). I've remarkably had time for a few of the morning 9am Tuesday slots and they haven't occurred either. (This is on Sanctuary, btw.)

I know that the Scholarly Challenge didn't impress many people, but I did like it.

Now has the Challenge not run today, due to it's own bugginess. Or is this a continuance of the problem that made last Friday's Smoke over Archosaur not run???

Bleh, I hate forums, but if no one else mentions it, guess I have to step up.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Eyre_Lyn - Archosaur
    Eyre_Lyn - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    it was said that the anniversary events were to take place until the end of the month, it is only 25May2015 & the events stopped as of 22May2015 - what is going on ?
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just want to mention, Smoke over Arch didn't happen this past Friday or tonight(Mon.). I thought they stopped doping it in middle of day, but I did do it once at noon(EST) last week! Make up yopur mind please PWI. I work most evenings and the midday was convenient(and less laggy b:chuckle). Anyhow, hope you(PWI) see this problem with event ending early and maybe extend it a couple/few days. Thank you in advance Mods and other PWI peeps! BTW, thank you very, very much for extenting the log in event to the 29th! b:thanks come on A cards b:sadb:thanksb:victory
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The 0:00 UTC event seems to be over. The 15:00 UTC event is still running for Smoke over Archo. Gravy train is running at half speed now :'(

Can't complain though, this event pretty much payed my R9 axes... (just need a mog/chip sale now)

Scholary Challenge also seems to be over.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Eyre_Lyn - Archosaur
    Eyre_Lyn - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    no, all events have stopped, except for the Emicee npc in north arch, which shows that the others events should still be happening as well
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    Aithusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    On an related noted, till what time on 30th May, 2015 will the 2 hr anniversary ticket quest be available? Anyone have an idea on this?
  • treepeople
    treepeople Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Nope, decent cards should be rare and hard to get...bugs me how everyone wants the best most OP stuff handed to them on a plate. The fun is supposed to be in the time spent earning things...no sense of achievement for me if stuff is just given to us.

Anyway, IMHO good compensation would be a code that gives about 20 Sparkling Crystals.
    Then we can carry on with the events and try to get the rewards.

Oh please, let me get you a step ladder, you can get down off that high horse. Everyone in the PWI community accepted long ago that this game was no longer about 'earning'. It's about buying your way to the top asap.

EDIT: Typos
  • DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    so nice we get a regular update on this.....owait nvm no update since march GG
  • Alayasha - Heavens Tear
    Alayasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It seem the event has come to a complete stop as of today, cannot get any quests from the event npc b:surrender
  • Nagibatel - Lost City
    Nagibatel - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nice that we was not able collect 90 gift ticket for dragon orb ocean