PW HAS GIVEN UP ON GETTING MY GEAR BACK I LOST ON JAN8th AND I HAVE PROOF

Comments

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This whole situation is really scary to me, because it could happen to any of us at any time.
    How many of us can say, yes I have enough proof to say that if my gear magically transported itself to another player due to a server critical error and I had no chance of getting it back on my own, all I would have to do is send said proof to CS and be 100% sure that I would get everything back.

I'm not saying that I've invested a lot of real life money into my gear, but I'm thinking about the years I've played and the improvements I've made and how devastating it would be if this situation happened to me. I would never be able to recover the things I would lose, which is even more frustrating considering 95% of it is -bound- for a reason. Especially with the R9 errors honestly, considering they're quest related and there's no player made solution for restarting the entire r9 process.

So I am 100% empathetic and 100% believe that even if there is a vague smattering of evidence that something to that effect happened (and by the amount of people who have been effected according to previous threads referencing this matter I have no reason to doubt), PWI -needs- to fix the issue with every single person, or be satisfied with losing more players that they can't afford to lose.

I know it's frustrating and devastating, but the important thing is always, always to be polite, but firm, and persistent. I know it's hard, but it's the only way.
    Send in SS of the effected character in the current condition to prove that the issue has not been solved.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's just the point. The situation is highly unlikely - that a piece of gear, without user (or account hijacker) intervention would magically transport itself from one character to another. For the database to be corrupt enough to move an item from one person to another - not end up with a fault due to one person not having anything linked or another person having 2 items linked... borders on the realm of the impossible in technical terms. It's far more likely someone used a glitch or account hijack to move stuff over... which brings you in the account sharing/hijack cesspool...

Database corruption moving items around rather then wiping items or corrupting characters entirely... no. As an IT tech with some understanding about databases, I don't buy that.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver
    Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry to hear this Forest

seriously it sucks to think that you could put this much money into the game, thereby showing your support, and they would leave you high and dry like this.

Perhaps they are looking into it, if they told you not to send in any more tickets or you would be banned, then I'm sure that they know of your situation. We all know that PWI is not known for "keeping us infromed" but they could at least give some kinda refrence number to help keep you informed somehow.

I'd say let them figure it out, you don't need to get banned from some GM who "simply doesn't care"

Good luck hun, I wish you the best
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry to hear this Forest

seriously it sucks to think that you could put this much money into the game, thereby showing your support, and they would leave you high and dry like this.

Perhaps they are looking into it, if they told you not to send in any more tickets or you would be banned, then I'm sure that they know of your situation. We all know that PWI is not known for "keeping us infromed" but they could at least give some kinda refrence number to help keep you informed somehow.

I'd say let them figure it out, you don't need to get banned from some GM who "simply doesn't care"

Good luck hun, I wish you the best

If he/she has proof, then he/she can prove.

I had heard many times from players at this forum, that other players had not been banned for illegal actions against ToS, that everyone can do same ...
    Now I hear about some player, which could not prove to pwi staff something, start to abuse support service by tickets and wonder, what we can do ?

I am not sorry to hear above story.

It is not my work to solve this problem and I have not any data or right to solve it.
  • kyrinrayne
    kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Woot...I got my wizzy back and ALL her gear please go check your toons!!!

Thank you PWI I have faith again..omg...crying and so happy...-Happy Dance-

-hugs-
    Mer
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes back to sitting in your chair for 10 hours a dayb:victory
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's just the point. The situation is highly unlikely - that a piece of gear, without user (or account hijacker) intervention would magically transport itself from one character to another. For the database to be corrupt enough to move an item from one person to another - not end up with a fault due to one person not having anything linked or another person having 2 items linked... borders on the realm of the impossible in technical terms. It's far more likely someone used a glitch or account hijack to move stuff over... which brings you in the account sharing/hijack cesspool...

Database corruption moving items around rather then wiping items or corrupting characters entirely... no. As an IT tech with some understanding about databases, I don't buy that.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention to many of these threads, but its not just one person with these problems. It's many, on Dreamweaver and I think another server had the same issues shortly after. Seems you're another of those "If it didn't happen to me, I don't believe it" type of people.

It's a good thing you aren't making the decisions here, or else they wouldn't be working on fixing it, eh?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to the OP. There was another poster who made a thread about getting the wrong rank ring (just last month) and getting the finger from support. She apparently persisted and got threatened with a ban for harassment just like the OP. I think she eventualy got it resolved by emailing instead of using the ticket system and got her ring replaced, but depending on who you get as customer rep, your experience can be very different.

Same problem, but one guy tells her tough luck with the ring and threatens her with a ban while another replaces her ring and everything's good.

There's more than one customer rep in the company and not all respond the same way. You get a nice one and everything is ok. You get a bad one and you get the finger and a ban threat.

Just look at the forums and you will see how different people are in response to others. Some will attack and redicule others (like you) and some will try to help.

If you look at my previous posts you will see I'm not saying OP is wrong or that it didn't happen. In fact i've supplied a lot of advice and am trying to help them. But I've submitted countless tickets and NEVER have I EVER gotten something that told me I would be banned if I submitted another ticket. I do not see why this would happen UNLESS the customer is being threatening, rude, etc.

This leads me to believe there is more to the story.

If there is absolutely no justification for being told this then submit the history of ticket thread and try to get one of these "good" rep's to take a look at it. And I'd also be interested in being PMed the ticket history because like I said, I've never witnessed this happen and I have no idea what the benefit would be to PW to threaten their paying customers with bans just because they feel like it.

And yes, questioning what PWI found to make them arbitrarily threaten their customers with being banned is definitely "attacking and ridiculing" #sensitivemuch

I mean rediculing***
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    This whole situation is really scary to me, because it could happen to any of us at any time.
    How many of us can say, yes I have enough proof to say that if my gear magically transported itself to another player due to a server critical error and I had no chance of getting it back on my own, all I would have to do is send said proof to CS and be 100% sure that I would get everything back.

I'm not saying that I've invested a lot of real life money into my gear, but I'm thinking about the years I've played and the improvements I've made and how devastating it would be if this situation happened to me. I would never be able to recover the things I would lose, which is even more frustrating considering 95% of it is -bound- for a reason. Especially with the R9 errors honestly, considering they're quest related and there's no player made solution for restarting the entire r9 process.

So I am 100% empathetic and 100% believe that even if there is a vague smattering of evidence that something to that effect happened (and by the amount of people who have been effected according to previous threads referencing this matter I have no reason to doubt), PWI -needs- to fix the issue with every single person, or be satisfied with losing more players that they can't afford to lose.

I know it's frustrating and devastating, but the important thing is always, always to be polite, but firm, and persistent. I know it's hard, but it's the only way.
    Send in SS of the effected character in the current condition to prove that the issue has not been solved.

I personally submitted a ticket and PWI's response was basically they will mostly depend on their own findings when they conduct an investigation on any missing gear.

They also said however that screenshots would be considered as evidence in this investigation so it is wise to keep an accurate log of your gear JUST IN CASE.

I would still recommend anyone worried to submitt their own ticket so you have that history on your account. Nothing like submitting screenies and them going "pfft, how is this proof" and you going "Well someone somewhere on the forum said...."

Better to have the thread history with the word from the horse's mouth saying "if and when, well replace your gear if you provide x"
    b:shocked
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I am friends with Sinalicious in game and i can confirm that she had his gear on. She had to make a whole new cleric because of it, and ended up quitting the game (likely for good) because she was so angry about it
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Surtr wrote: »
    Servers are open now, and the character issues with Dreamweaver should be resolved. If you are still having issues, please contact customer support.

Interested to see if OP had their gear restored in the process.
  • Donifan - Raging Tide
    Donifan - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    @OP: I'm sorry that this happened to you! I hope all will be resolved soon!

I think that before people judge/accuse the OP of lying cause they haven't seen a proof of his/hair claims, one should consider that there aren't proofs that he/she is lying either. So unless people are completely sure, with proof, that the OP is lying, they should refrain from such claims. Just saying...

Imagine having lost important gear, not being understood by the Support service and getting accused on the forums too. I'm not saying that this side is right or that side is wrong. I'm just saying that without proof, no one should be treated that way, OP included.

As for the gears changing toons, I've read of this happening to other people too unfortunately. My support goes to everyone that lost a toon, equipment e.t.c. during that time. I hope and wish that all problems and issues like that will be resolved soon! I can't imagine how it must have been to suddenly lose important equipment or having your toon disappear! All the time, effort and money spent (for those that did). I wish for all problems to be solved and everything to go back to normal!
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didnt lose any gear but I did lose a fully maxed bank and inventory full of Lunar, TT, and OHT mats (and my toon with 8 blacksmith and tailor to make my stuff) b:cry b:cry b:cry
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eirghan wrote: »
    But I've submitted countless tickets and NEVER have I EVER gotten something that told me I would be banned if I submitted another ticket. I do not see why this would happen UNLESS the customer is being threatening, rude, etc.

Like I said, your never being told you'll get banned for continuing to submit tickets doesn't mean beans. There's more than one customer rep in the company and not all respond the same way. Look at this very thread and you'll see how different people respond differently. Something you still don't seem to get.

That's like going up to a victim of a violent crime and saying "I've never been attacked here before, hmm maybe its something you did." Sorry, but that's just rubbing salt in people's wounds no matter how you try to justify it.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Like I said, your never being told you'll get banned for continuing to submit tickets doesn't mean beans. There's more than one customer rep in the company and not all respond the same way. Look at this very thread and you'll see how different people respond differently. Something you still don't seem to get.

I can personally confirm I have heard of things like this being said to players via tickets before....I have a few friends that have told me this has happened to them. In all honesty....this shouldn't happen.....it is very childish of the GMs and ticket staff to threaten to ban someone for being frustrated that their problem isn't being fixed. Of course I don't expect much else from a staff that plays basketball with their trash bin and our tickets all day.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015

Right and I'm not saying it didnt happen to OP. Something YOU still dont seem to get. I'm just curious what they said/did and if that had any bearing on the response or not. There are two sides to every story. I'm not passing judgement or putting anyone down. Just curious about the other side. If you're QQing because of your incorrect interpretation of my forum posts you should probably look at getting a day jobb:bye
  • mightymoose
    edited February 2015

Right and I'm not saying it didnt happen to OP. Something YOU still dont seem to get. I'm just curious what they said/did and if that had any bearing on the response or not. There are two sides to every story. I'm not passing judgement or putting anyone down. Just curious about the other side. If you're QQing because of your incorrect interpretation of my forum posts you should probably look at getting a day jobb:bye

That's like going up to a victim of a violent crime and saying "I've never been attacked here before, hmm maybe its something you did." And then defending your actions when being called out by saying "And notice I'm not saying it didn't happen." Sorry, but that's just rubbing salt in people's wounds no matter how you try to justify it.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    That's like going up to a victim of a violent crime and saying "I've never been attacked here before, hmm maybe its something you did." Sorry, but that's just rubbing salt in people's wounds no matter how you try to justify it.

I think it's more like finding someone on the ground bleeding and asking them what happened instead of calling the police to report a violent crime before you find out all of the facts... b:laugh
  • mightymoose
    edited February 2015

I think it's more like finding someone on the ground bleeding and asking them what happened instead of calling the police to report a violent crime before you find out all of the facts... b:laugh

No it's more like finding someone on the ground bleeding and saying "Hey it never happened to me before, it must be something you did."
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    No it's more like finding someone on the ground bleeding and saying "Hey it never happened to me before, it must be something you did."

Let me break it down for you since you seem to be having trouble deciphering what I'm saying:

OP says: omg i lost my gear and PWI threatened me with ban!

Eirghan says: Here are things you can do to help. I wonder what is causing PWI to threaten paying customers with bans? I've never seen it before! Here is one instance where I would think PWI would threaten someone with a ban. LOL wouldn't that be funny?

Mightymoose says: trolol this looks like a good way to start a flame war! Clearly she is saying OP is wrong and deserves to be banned! OMG! MUST CONQUER!

Have fun in the forumsb:bye I gotta get back to work.

/Eirghan out
  • mightymoose
    edited February 2015
    Let me break it down for you since you seem to be having trouble deciphering what I'm saying:

Eirghan says: Here are things you can do to help. I wonder what is causing PWI to threaten paying customers with bans? I've never seen it before! Here is one instance where I would think PWI would threaten someone with a ban. LOL wouldn't that be funny?

Mightymoose says: trolol this looks like a good way to start a flame war! Clearly she is saying OP is wrong and deserves to be banned! OMG! MUST CONQUER!

Have fun in the forumsb:bye I gotta get back to work.

/Eirghan out

No, let me break down for you what really happened :

Erghan says :

Ive bever been told to eff off by pwi no matter how ridiculous my tickets. Makes me wonder maybe the op only has 10k rep or something LOL

And mightymoose says : Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to the OP.

And Erghan has been trying to repaint the picture to justify himself ever since.
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    I think you are both missing the point.....the point is this shouldn't happen. If the ticket gms or the actual GMs cant handle a ticket...and lets face it even McDonalds workers deal with being yelled at every day.....lif they have to resort to telling people they will get banned thats stupid. They should be instead working as hard as they can to fix the problem so the OP can stop bothering them....but instead they threaten ban like butthurt children that dont want to do their damn job.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    I think you are both missing the point.....the point is this shouldn't happen. If the ticket gms or the actual GMs cant handle a ticket...and lets face it even McDonalds workers deal with being yelled at every day.....lif they have to resort to telling people they will get banned thats stupid. They should be instead working as hard as they can to fix the problem so the OP can stop bothering them....but instead they threaten ban like butthurt children that dont want to do their damn job.

Exactly.

If there isnt a legitimate reason for people being threatened with their accounts then it should be dealt with.

If people have had this happen to them they should be reporting to BBB or whatever equivailent.

• mightymoose
    edited February 2015

While I agree with you that they should have fixed the problem to begin with, my reply to Erghan was due to his insensitivity. I don't like it when mean spirited people rub salt in others wounds. There are lots of people like that on the forums and I know he's just one of the many. But it just struck a chord with me.
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    While I agree with you that they should have fixed the problem to begin with, my reply to Erghan was due to his insensitivity. I don't like it when mean spirited people rub salt in others wounds. There are lots of people like that on the forums and I know he's just one of the many. But it just struck a chord with me.

Yup I'm just here to cause problems yo. Never provide support or help anyone.
  • mightymoose
    edited February 2015
    Yup I'm just here to cause problems yo. Never provide support or help anyone.

Yeah, I'm sure this was meant to be helpful :

Ive bever been told to eff off by pwi no matter how ridiculous my tickets. Makes me wonder maybe the op only has 10k rep or something LOL

The OP lost his R9 gear and your way of helping is by saying "Makes me wonder maybe the op only has 10k rep or something LOL"
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, I'm sure this was meant to be helpful :

The OP lost his R9 gear and your way of helping is by saying "Makes me wonder maybe the op only has 10k rep or something LOL"

I suppose people aren't allowed to post on forum threads if they aren't saying something directly helpful to the OP. In which case maybe you should second guess your own posts since they are not directly helping the OP. Actually, your posts are being quite judgemental of me and wait... Isn't that what you're getting upset at me for assuming that I am judging the OP?

For your easy reference , here are some posts I made for the OP in efforts to help them in their fight against PW (in this very thread! Did you actually read it?):

Well I imagine this will only be up in it's entirety for limited time but the only thing I can suggest is if you cash shopped any of your r9 to find your receipts and submit them to PWI as proof.

Other than that I'm at a loss as well. I have asked in a forum thread for advice on how those of us as yet unaffected by a phenomenon such as this can document our gear without question to protect our investments but have yet to get an answer.

I personally will be submitting a ticket to PWI with the same question in an attempt to get an answer, however as tickets cannot be shared in the forum I would recommend anyone else do the same.

I find it shocking that they would threaten to ban your account if you did legitimately have r93 gear. If another character on your server has your gear, in theory it would have your name on it as well and it would be easily proven, once the character was allowed to log in (if it is blocked like many others)

Have you suggested to PW to check the gear that is currently on this other character for your character's name in the manufactured ink?b:sad

And this:
    How are you certain of the above? If you are and have proof, submit that and challenge them to locate it.

I hate to say it but receipts receipts receipts. I cant count how many of my faction mates were banned recently and were magically released once receipts were provided. For whatever reason this seems to be a concrete evidence to PW.

And maybe this:
    I would recommend bank statement, paypal or credit card statement. I never trust their account of what i have spent and in theory they should have access to that information regardless.

But I'm sure you will find some way to frame that in a light where I am blaming the OP for something anyway so *shrugs*
  • zoner112012
    edited February 2015
    You two are bickering like children over stupid **** take it to messages or something.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    edited February 2015
    You two are bickering like children over stupid **** take it to messages or something.

b:crybut how will i spread the joy of evil and uncaring in pms b:cry
  • mightymoose
    edited February 2015

I suppose people aren't allowed to post on forum threads if they aren't saying something directly helpful to the OP.

blah blah blah

I did not have an issue with those other posts you made, hence I did not reply to them.

My issue was with this post specifically :

I was saying that just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to the OP. Also, the OP lost his R9 gear and saying "Makes me wonder maybe the op only has 10k rep or something LOL" is like rubbing salt into his wound. Nothing you said justifies this.
This discussion has been closed.