Dreamweaver login server down

Options

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    DQ being one coin has advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I'd rather see them remove the botting feature than to nerf the DQ drops and price of item drops.

It used to be that people would go and grind on mobs to make coin. Prime example would be barbs gathering nivastocks, or clerics grinding spiders, or blademasters in OHT.

Now those areas aren't really seeing as much use. For older, and established players, the DQ nerf is an inconvenience, but not debilitating, and I will admit that it is helping the price of gold go down.

The ones most affected though, are newer players who are not established yet, and who don't have the same capabilities to get established. I've been helping my 2 best friends in real life gear up, and get ready. That climb is even steeper when you're brand new to the game, everything costs millions, the DQ drops are 1 coin and the random drops are like 150 coin....AND who don't know the mechanics of the game, nor some of the ins and outs that we have devised as moneymaking strategies.

Again, I'm not saying that the DQ value nerf isn't without merit, but I'd have much rather have seen them stop the botting altogether. That by itself would have helped to stabilize the economy also.

If not only for that, I've seen barbs autocultivate on Toad before anyone was even ready....yeah, you guessed it....squad wipe...so yeah...removing the botting ability would have probably served the purpose better, in my personal opinion.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • dirtyzilox
    dirtyzilox Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    any ideea if the server will be fixed tonight ? b:surrenderb:pleased
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    whats cheap about 500mil gears tell me that?

which gear? ;O
    for example i got gst for 9-10mil with gold for my r9 wep
    now with this gold prize its like 7-8mill? i think, hope it will get more cheaper ;O

Idk i just like to see everything getting cheaper xD
  • HellSlayer - Lost City
    HellSlayer - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

ya but back then ppl didn't had 10+ alts botting (collecting and selling DQ) and earning 700mil or more a week. or did they? Dx

I do wish they remove the botting instead of lower DQ price as 1 coin.
    But since it happened ,all items r slowly getting cheaper

botting has been around long time ,,BUT it used to be illegal to bot ,ppl used to get catch and paid a price ,,susppended or catch to many times banned ....
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Originally Posted by OPKossy View Post
    PWI didn't choose any of these nerfs. PWCN did them due to their own issues.

"What issues," you ask?
    youku videos never wanna work for me o.o
    what is that video about?
  • ScobaTank - Dreamweaver
    ScobaTank - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    DQ being one coin has advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I'd rather see them remove the botting feature than to nerf the DQ drops and price of item drops.

It used to be that people would go and grind on mobs to make coin. Prime example would be barbs gathering nivastocks, or clerics grinding spiders, or blademasters in OHT.

Now those areas aren't really seeing as much use. For older, and established players, the DQ nerf is an inconvenience, but not debilitating, and I will admit that it is helping the price of gold go down.

The ones most affected though, are newer players who are not established yet, and who don't have the same capabilities to get established. I've been helping my 2 best friends in real life gear up, and get ready. That climb is even steeper when you're brand new to the game, everything costs millions, the DQ drops are 1 coin and the random drops are like 150 coin....AND who don't know the mechanics of the game, nor some of the ins and outs that we have devised as moneymaking strategies.

Again, I'm not saying that the DQ value nerf isn't without merit, but I'd have much rather have seen them stop the botting altogether. That by itself would have helped to stabilize the economy also.

If not only for that, I've seen barbs autocultivate on Toad before anyone was even ready....yeah, you guessed it....squad wipe...so yeah...removing the botting ability would have probably served the purpose better, in my personal opinion.
    well said..not a very good way to try and recruit new players to the game is it?I know if I was a new player coming to this game and found out that nothing that drops is worth anything and that gears are millions and millions of coins I would be gone
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    youku videos never wanna work for me o.o
    what is that video about?

Basically a view of the bot army China has to put up with. At one point you see a giant trail of them from the spawn point at silver pool all the way across the land to the mobs across from south archo.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited January 2015
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The botting system (and also nerfs to relevant things) are to compete with the fact that China has to put up with.. well... click the red text in my quote.

b:shocked Yeah....That's pretty bad. b:surrender

I see why they did it then.

I'm actually astonished at the level of bots that were present in that video. I expected a large amount, but that's an entirely different scale than I imagined.
    b:surrenderb:shockedb:shocked

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.

• opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    b:shocked Yeah....That's pretty bad. b:surrender

I see why they did it then.

I'm actually astonished at the level of bots that were present in that video. I expected a large amount, but that's an entirely different scale than I imagined.
    b:surrenderb:shockedb:shocked

Yeah. And like I said later on in the thread, that's a small example from just one part of the map. Things like that were going on practically -everywhere- on PWCN.
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    for once it is not RT that got hit by the notorious competence of pwi. b:chuckle
  • velgam
    velgam Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh please. Anniversary packs didn't start it at all. The first concrete floor for gold prices was Chests of Coin. Before that it was slowly rising from 50k to around 165k but chest of coin gave it a minimum value of 200k. Packs didn't come about until about 7 months or so later.

The botting system (and also nerfs to relevant things) are to compete with the fact that China has to put up with.. well... click the red text in my quote.

Bot owners: We have an army
    PWECN: we have a DQ nerf
    Bot owners b:shocked
  • HellSlayer - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh please. Anniversary packs didn't start it at all. The first concrete floor for gold prices was Chests of Coin. Before that it was slowly rising from 50k to around 165k but chest of coin gave it a minimum value of 200k. Packs didn't come about until about 7 months or so later.

chest of coins you had to buy a hammer to open , pack needs nothing
    edited January 2015
    Options
    well said..not a very good way to try and recruit new players to the game is it?I know if I was a new player coming to this game and found out that nothing that drops is worth anything and that gears are millions and millions of coins I would be gone

True. This reason needs to be addressed, just as the video OP Kossy posted proves that China's botting problem is severe, and thus drastic steps need to be taken.

I feel as though they need to come up with a viable solution to fix botting there. (Which China is doing in their own way), yet simulataneously, not deter fresh life from entering our version.

I do agree, that if I first came here, found out that most of the action was endgame, everything was millions, and I didn't see access to coins begin to rise soon significantly, I would be also gone. No way to truly be competitive, not even in PvE at mid levels without access to coin. NW and opening TT is a good way, but that's one many new players don't know about, and NW...many people are afraid to try, because they KNOW what's going to happen to them in a pvp event...so that's deterring to them because it's very unbalanced against them.

Coin is easier to come by at level 100+...but if I'm level 1, non-rebirthed....that's a far away dream for me.

I do see the point OP Kossy was making in her video....that China needed to take drastic steps to deal with a severe issue.

I just feel that with proper planning, something could be done to resolve both of our issues.

Yeah. And like I said later on in the thread, that's a small example from just one part of the map. Things like that were going on practically -everywhere- on PWCN.

I see...

A severe problem indeed.

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

It's not because of our botting feature. Rather our botting feature is because of their (china's) bot problem. The rampant gold sellers. The changes have exactly 0 to do with anything we have here and everything they can't get a handle on there.

Did you click Kossy's link? I feel like I have to get this into peoples minds, they just don't seem to understand.

Also we don't have the gold seller problems like China does. They care absolutely nothing about our economy. It was never about players economy and always about PW pockets, and rightfully so. They just fix it by breaking other stuff.

If you were to buy coins with real cash from a gold seller site for PWI you get more coins from selling it in the AH instead. If that isn't enough proof for the PWI community, I don't know what is. If gold ever drops below that point, we will have real problems for sure. Gold price needs to stay high IMO.
  • Hick_chick - Dreamweaver
    Hick_chick - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    so is this login issue fixed yet or is it dead for the rest of the day
    b:cryb:cry
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    chest of coins you had to buy a hammer to open , pack needs nothing
    Hammer cost 5 gold. Chest of coin gives 1 mil coin. 1 mil divided by 5 equals 200k. Thus, gold would no longer go below 200k because anyone could just use the gold to open a chest of coins instead.

Basic math and logic.

Packs, on the other hand, have a minimum value of 150k (trading tokens for wine and using triumph money) disregarding rewards outside of best lucks as prices on THOSE items are set by us players). It's the best luck tokens and values we assigned the rarer items that caused coin to both become plentiful enough that values rose AND made gold prices rise with the surge of coin.
  • HellSlayer - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's not because of our botting feature. Rather our botting feature is because of their (china's) bot problem. The rampant gold sellers. The changes have exactly 0 to do with anything we have here and everything they can't get a handle on there.

Did you click Kossy's link? I feel like I have to get this into peoples minds, they just don't seem to understand.

Also we don't have the gold seller problems like China does. They care absolutely nothing about our economy. It was never about players economy and always about PW pockets, and rightfully so. They just fix it by breaking other stuff.

If you were to buy coins with real cash from a gold seller site for PWI you get more coins from selling it in the AH instead. If that isn't enough proof for the PWI community, I don't know what is. If gold ever drops below that point, we will have real problems for sure. Gold price needs to stay high IMO.

PPL say the price of oil has to stay high ,owell it below 50.00 abarrel now ,we still here
    more ppl have money to spend on other stuff now , and ???
  • Hick_chick - Dreamweaver
    Hick_chick - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    is the login issue fixed yet I want to play b:surrenderb:cryb:cry
  • HellSlayer - Lost City
    edited January 2015
    Options
    is the login issue fixed yet I want to play b:surrenderb:cryb:cry

it is lunch time brb 1 hr
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    *snip*

This nails it. The nerfs and many issues we've experienced on our version stem from China trying to solve their own problems with us as the fallout. Yes, PWE has some non-development things they could have done to make things easier for us (enforcing their own rules so our player based problems remained minor, for example) but a large LARGE amount of our problems do stem directly from China.

Edit: I'm referring to the first part concerning the China related things.
    edited January 2015
    Options

You missed my other posts. b:laugh

At the time of my writing the post you quoted, I couldn't have seen OP Kossy's link. (Check our times in posting.) Mines is one minute after hers, so I hadn't seen it at that point. (Already had seen it before your post here.)

I'm aware that China's bot problem is severe. Having checked OP Kossy's link, I have a better understanding of the severity and overall issue that is being presented by it. I didn't realize that the scale was as massive as it was.

I will disagree with you about gold needing to stay high. That's better for players with better gear, and for CS'ers, but for newer players, lower leveled players, and players with lesser gear, it's not. I'll admit that over the years, I've spent some money here and there on the game. Even when gold was at it's max, because who doesn't love getting more bang for their buck.) But looking at it from the perspective of someone newer to the game, and without so much in game income to work with....it's frustrating.

Also, not everyone trusts gold seller sites. If I spend $50 on a game (as an example), personally, I'm not going to risk that site, but rather, I would take it to the an official source...this company's transcation.

That's my feeling on it however.

• velgam
    velgam Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This nails it. The nerfs and many issues we've experienced on our version stem from China trying to solve their own problems with us as the fallout. Yes, PWE has some non-development things they could have done to make things easier for us (enforcing their own rules so our player based problems remained minor, for example) but a large LARGE amount of our problems do stem directly from China.
    cant our DEVs place an NPC we can trade DQ items to for money?
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2015
    Options
    whos taking care of East Coast Servers?b:question
    cant be the same who takes care of west. since they always have less problems
  • Fyara - Dreamweaver
    Fyara - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    hey, ok so u fixed the DQ items, but how about the instances ? those BOT ARMYES can clean TT/lunar in no time right ? imo u didn't fix ANYTHING by changing DQ price to 1b:cute
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You missed my other posts. b:laugh

At the time of my writing the post you quoted, I couldn't have seen OP Kossy's link. (Check our times in posting.) Mines is one minute after hers, so I hadn't seen it at that point. (Already had seen it before your post here.)

I'm aware that China's bot problem is severe. Having checked OP Kossy's link, I have a better understanding of the severity and overall issue that is being presented by it. I didn't realize that the scale was as massive as it was.

I will disagree with you about gold needing to stay high. That's better for players with better gear, and for CS'ers, but for newer players, lower leveled players, and players with lesser gear, it's not. I'll admit that over the years, I've spent some money here and there on the game. Even when gold was at it's max, because who doesn't love getting more bang for their buck.) But looking at it from the perspective of someone newer to the game, and without so much in game income to work with....it's frustrating.

Also, not everyone trusts gold seller sites. If I spend $50 on a game (as an example), personally, I'm not going to risk that site, but rather, I would take it to the an official source...this company's transcation.

That's my feeling on it however.

That is the part I was referring to as in they break other things by fixing stuff. They could have at any time (I assume at least) implemented bot detection. They have it on PWBR. This is also why I think they have a huge influx of coins through BH and other things..

They fixed it and broke other things. While you or I may not trust gold sellers, it is definitely trusted enough to be a problem for most games.
  • nothingtosaynow
    nothingtosaynow Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I think the following about all that: we pay for the problems in china... cause of their problems we got the bot, the dq items and other drops got nerfed... all cause china have issues... as first problem they have i think: bots... ya true... with the own bot they keep out others better cause that way there is no reason anymore to use extern bots... thats why china got the bot... and when china get it... we get it too...

so next is... with their own bot could everyone bot... so they got another problem... but well it was an old problem but now every ppl showed them how they can rid of it... by using the bot.. i think they watched what the ppl do with the bot and after they saw enough they nerfed the items... ment dq and at least other stuff and again what china gets... we get the same...

cause the ppl in usa have nothing to say about the stuff ingame... they cant change or better they are not allowed to change anything in any way... they have to do was china says... and china said: "we got a bot and nerfed stuff and here is ur package to put in the same for ur servers... u have to make it..."

how the goldprice got raised? no no its true its all about the cash stuff... pw raised the price... they wont let us get too easy the coins to buy gold ingame... thats why... and they wont let us cause they prefer we buy gold by cash... easy ...

the same reason is it that we just have the gold trading system... cause that way its not rlly worth to make websites with selling coins ...

i know some try anyways... but its easier to work against some like that as work against a lot of em... thats it..

i played before other games... bots not included, no gold trading system, cash stuff included but not tradeable... at least the games are full of extern bot users... around 80% or so just to get the ingame money to sell on websites then... and the other 20 % or so are the player bots... real normal ppl that are too lazy to play the game by their own hands... i will never understand where is the fun to play a game when all is done by a bot lol... but well thats just the stuff that is rlly in other games... pw was the first game i ever saw without that stuff... but china... well they have other rules around and so their pw have similar problems anyways... and china dont care that we in pwi play in another way cause around us we dont have rules how many kids a family can have and how much we are allowed to play...

for some ppl that would be a good idea... but i think usa, europe and such are different in some ways... it would be similar maybe if china would have another kind of rules and politic in their land... but would, could and such words... well it is like it is... and china is like it is we here cant change that... and china dont care how different we are, they think they do all right and good and i guess they think the whole world should do the same...

so ya i wanna qq about all that like a lot of u want too... but i know it wont help..

if there is still a reason to play the game? i think ya... so long ya as i see a fun to play it, as i see a way to get what i want... maybe the things i want will change from time to time... depend on how is the stuff in the game... if i see my fun is away and there is no way to get it in any way in pw... then i will quit...

i want the dq system back in any way... bot i dont know it have some good points... but bad points also... goldprice... could get lower in other ways also... make the gold cheaper on site or make the cash stuff cheaper... just as example xD i know that will never happen... wanna just say if the anni packs or the chest of coins ... thats not important... cash stuff that was it what raised the goldprice... nothing else :P

but hey actually we have rlly another problem... it says: this time not china is the bad guy... this time our publisher... means pwi made something wrong... maybe by accident... maybe its a technical issue... maybe this or maybe that... but its this time not china's stuff xD
  • opkossy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    velgam wrote: »
    cant our DEVs place an NPC we can trade DQ items to for money?

PWI doesn't have devs. Just a localization team. In addition, even if they had devs they aren't allowed to touch the code outside of localization. So even minor things that are five minute fixes require patches from China.

Oh and you shouldn't mention the removed part here. We're on the official game's forums, after all. Plus it's against the rules.
  • Hiphoppie - Dreamweaver
    Hiphoppie - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Same on all my accounts, waaaaaaaaaaab:sad
    edited January 2015
    Options
    whos taking care of East Coast Servers?b:question
    cant be the same who takes care of west. since they always have less problems

He is. b:shutupb:laugh

• SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    still down... i been trying for hours with no luck... QQ oh well... guess i will check back again after a couple more hours.

in the mean time....

Pre-Forming FSP squad Looking for Tank and cleric + DDs b:chuckle
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred