East Coast Servers [Update Possibly Fixed]

Options

Comments

• _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    willowhart wrote: »
    Yeah, I was online earlier this afternoon, too. But I can't connect now, and the servers are not showing up for me.

It seems to be only east, as usual, my aren't we the lucky ones lmbob:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Velona - Dreamweaver
    Velona - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Bleh... Back to Steam. Wanted to come play with my friends here for a bit though b:sad
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    heres something i just noticed. it seems to be something with the hops to the server

- i was online playing no probs..
    -rebooted router and couldnt connect like the masses
    - got bored so rebooted router again

BAM im in the game. hahahahaha spam those router reboot buttons and pray you get in too via a different path

screenshot of server time as proof im in

Image1_zpsebff1893.jpg
  • chaosregen9
    chaosregen9 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Night everyone I wish I could help with server issue but I live in USA :( and unable to travel LOL but It would be fun to help I am a IT guy my self with a double major in CSI/CT and work manageing 2000 + pcs with 8 servers (Bladed)

Night Night XXOO
  • sgtstalker
    sgtstalker Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Servers have been up all day but I was dc'd in reflection around 7:15am. I can not get on through the internet, but I did get on for a bit with a cell phone connection and all my faction was on. So it is not a problem for everyone and not a PWI issue but a server side issue enroute to the server. b:sad
  • willowhart
    willowhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The VPN thing worked for me! Thanks!
    Iridis, 40 Archer
    Dreamweaver
    Leader of Drakkon:
    drakkon.shivtr.com
  • vamp1213
    vamp1213 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So, as my friend who is sitting next to me said... use a bloody VPN! IDK why I didn't think about it since it's my VPN but she had a point and it worked.. So you're left with two option

Reset your router hoping to god that it connects you to a different line and bam you're in game or use a vpn and change the IP Right now I'm playing in Cali even though I'm on the east side. b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory LETS GET BACK TO GAMING!
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    wonder how many ppl got pissed off after sitting here for 5+ hours waiting for it to get "fixed" and just saw the above couple of posts..
  • willowhart
    willowhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    wonder how many ppl got pissed off after sitting here for 5+ hours waiting for it to get "fixed" and just saw the above couple of posts..

That's why you've gotta be proactive! b:victoryb:cute
    Iridis, 40 Archer
    Dreamweaver
    Leader of Drakkon:
    drakkon.shivtr.com
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Umm.. IIRC using a VPN was a bannable offense in PWE.

I could be wrong, but I remember someone from JD got banned for a week back in 2011 for using VPN.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

I could be wrong, but I remember someone from JD got banned for a week back in 2011 for using VPN.

yeah I thought about that it was a no-no too.
  • jenn0326
    jenn0326 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If you're afraid to get banned, we did say you have two options. Use a VPN ORRRRRRRRRRR reset your router. Both should work but since I have people here who work from home I'd get in an insane amount trouble, so the risk is worth it for me.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tried many times to reset the router, didn't work for me, but good luck to the rest of you.
  • Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver
    Groovypoppet - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jenn0326 wrote: »
    If you're afraid to get banned, we did say you have two options. Use a VPN ORRRRRRRRRRR reset your router. Both should work but since I have people here who work from home I'd get in an insane amount trouble, so the risk is worth it for me.

Personally, I wouldn't risk a ban to get a few hours of gaming in even if this whole scenario has me a bit wee-wee'd up. I'm no computer guru and I'm going by what I remember happening to a member of my clan almost 4 years ago. But from what I remember, a VPN looks like a proxy and PWE auto scans for proxy connections (or something like that) and automatically would ban that account.
    --
    102/102/102 demon cleric

started playing April 2009.. took a few years break.. PWI is truly the Hotel California of MMORPGs b:surrender
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

A few years back, I had a VPN going while I was doing those free offers, then, without disconnecting from it, I logged into game. DC'd immediately, couldn't log back in. Was banned for I think it was 24 hours, but I had to ask what the heck was going on because I had no idea.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • jenn0326
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't risk a ban to get a few hours of gaming in even if this whole scenario has me a bit wee-wee'd up. I'm no computer guru and I'm going by what I remember happening to a member of my clan almost 4 years ago. But from what I remember, a VPN looks like a proxy and PWE auto scans for proxy connections (or something like that) and automatically would ban that account.

It sounds more like a suspension than a ban though since you said it was for a week(?). So in my opinion, since I do have to go out and work + college, it's not so bad. Plus, VPN's and proxy do two different things. I'm assuming this person was using a proxy and not a VPN (it can be confused by people who don't know too much about the difference between them, not that I'm saying you don't). In any case, they can't ban me or suspend because it is still their fault that I can't connect and that many people are getting disconnected. In which case it would be unjust for me (or anyone using a VPN) to get suspended/banned.
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i managed to 'check in' on 3 chars, aaaaaaaaaand i'm banned. b:shutup
  • cavekitty
    cavekitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    They were saying in one of the other threads that vpns are a bannable offense? I don't know how all this stuff works. I haven't been able to get in all day. I'm confused and I don't know why my guildmates are able to log in. I don't want to get banned. But does that --- mean my ip is already blocked or something?
  • vamp1213
    vamp1213 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    1. There seem's to be a problem with the Gateways we are connecting to after looking through everyone's Traceroutes that the best i could come up with
    2. If you get suspended or banned you send them a letter explaining that you wanted to play there game and since you couldn't log in you used a vpn to play. I understand why it can be an offense But im sure people in certain country's who play this game are running with a vpn in fact one of the traceroutes i saw was running a DD-WRT router which is a **** firmware meaning that even that person probably uses a VPN so again if you get banned send them a strongly worded letter
  • cavekitty
    cavekitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    thanks very much!
  • jenn0326
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i managed to 'check in' on 3 chars, aaaaaaaaaand i'm banned. b:shutup

My only response to that is: (right now) send in a ticket and explain that you are trying to play their game and have had to resort to this due to their lack of a solution for the current problem. In no way should you or anyone be reprimanded in the current situation for plainly and simply wanting to log in to their game. You'll be allowed back on (if you really did get banned/suspended). I'm sorry if it really did happen, but as of yet neither me nor my friend (nor anyone else that has tried it) have banned/suspended.
  • ttiinnkk
    ttiinnkk Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Seriously this is getting on stupid level.. all freaking day the game has been down for some and up for others.. and now you guys are suggesting that we change our ip's and risk being banned through using vpn.. really?? We as cash shoppers, players, the LIFE BLOOD of this game shouldnt have to resort to all these stupid actions! No wonder this game is dying!! i mean come on!! i didnt have to download a stupid vpn for the 5+ years ive been playing here and i refuse to now! Fix your game pwi we dont deserve this!! #frustratedasHELL!!
  • ShadeParadox - Raging Tide
    ShadeParadox - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If some people are getting in after a router reboot and some are not -- this tells me it's an authentication problem. Rebooting the router can clear your routing tables and has a chance to take a new path into your destination.

The problem:
    PWI is most likely using load balancers that decide which network devices and authentication servers we use for initial authentication. However, when a limit is reached on the side that is working it will force incoming customer connections to use the authentication path that has the lowest traffic. The problem is that the path that has the lowest traffic is also the path that is broken.

Connection 1 is working and users are able to authenticate. Current user count = high
    Connection 2 is not working but the load balancer believes it is still working. Current user count = Low.

Example:
    User requesting access to authentication.
    Authentication server 1 load is high.
    Authentication server 2 load is low.
    Next incoming connection needs to use authentication server 2.
    Connection fails.
    User tries again.
    Authentication server 1 load is high.
    Authentication server 2 load is low.
    Next incoming connection needs to use authentication server 2.
    Connection fails.

Users will loop over and over until either the load on server 1 is low or the authentication on server 2 is repaired.

Possible temporary fix action PWI could take is to remove the failing authentication servers from the load balancer until repaired. This will allow users to log back in; however will put greater stress on the working authentication servers with the potential to break the current working paths if too many users are relying on it.

The question being, would you risk putting greater stress on the working side of the network to satisfy your customers or leave the authentication broken until a true resolution while the bulk of your customers suffer?

In the past the answer has always been let the customers suffer until a true resolution is in place. PWI is not going to risk their hardware to satisfy the customer base in the short term. You all should know that by now.

From the user end. If some users log off and the load status on the working authentication server changes to "low" then it will start to direct users at that path randomly until the status changes back to "high" again. It's a guessing game if you are going to be able to log back in and when.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well damn I thought it would be working after reset I guess not. Will we miss out on another full day before this is fixed?
  • surviver
    surviver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I got a real strange traceroute.
    Tracing route to pwigc2.perfectworld.com

It shows tracing from my IP address over a mazimum of 30 hops:
    1 1ms <1ms <1 ms 192.168. etc (my router)
    <1ms <1ms <1ms 10.0.0.1
    * * * * request timed out.
    8ms 14ms 9ms xe-0-1-2-0-sur04.corvallis(....address to ip)
    it shows all the rest as able to trace back to my original ip adress..What the heck part is timing out? anyone have an idea?
  • jenn0326
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ttiinnkk wrote: »
    Seriously this is getting on stupid level.. all freaking day the game has been down for some and up for others.. and now you guys are suggesting that we change our ip's and risk being banned through using vpn.. really?? We as cash shoppers, players, the LIFE BLOOD of this game shouldnt have to resort to all these stupid actions! No wonder this game is dying!! i mean come on!! i didnt have to download a stupid vpn for the 5+ years ive been playing here and i refuse to now! Fix your game pwi we dont deserve this!! #frustratedasHELL!!

Um, did I say you had to? It is a suggestion, but as my friend and I both mentioned, if you don't want to use it just reboot your router. However, the problem with that is exactly as someone who commented just above this one said. Do as you please; everyone wants it fixed anyhow. It was just a suggestion for people who want to play. (You won't get banned, I've been playing for HOURS.)
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Seems like Kitty better try VPN as she doesn't have a router to reset(connected to interwebz over 3G). One more day for Kitty's seeker to reach 100 when it could have already done so without this mess =.='

E: Seems like using VPN worked for a whole minute. After that...another dc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • ttiinnkk
    ttiinnkk Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    my comment wasnt directed toward you it was to the gm's i understand you were trying to help but we shouldnt have to do that or take those routes. the game should be playable and that doesnt fall on you it falls on them :)
  • jenn0326
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ttiinnkk wrote: »
    my comment wasnt directed toward you it was to the gm's i understand you were trying to help but we shouldnt have to do that or take those routes. the game should be playable and that doesnt fall on you it falls on them :)

Of course, and with that I absolutely agree. But at the same they really have no reason to ban or suspend users for taking such drastic measures. It's ridiculous that they couldn't figure out something so simple (and that no one else thought of it either after seeing the traceroutes). Not to mention, they have said nothing on any possible way to enter the game nor have they figured out what their problem is. It's all up to them deciding to read this forum and finding the right gateway to fix, and possibly adding more to prevent this from happening again. Let's see how long it takes now.
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ty GM's that you are trying to deal with it but any chance of some updates either here or on Facebook - remember facebook lol