POL, was it right to remove FC hypers ?

Options

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Why the hell are some people talking about leveling their alts ?
    I mean... I could (a little) understand that someone who wants to level his main is pissed, even if there are other ways to level up.
    But the ones talking about their alts can probably easily solo any bh (that will give some nuemas as well). And if you want to do it faster, use 1h of hyper while killing level 109 mobs...
    Would it be faster with FC ? Yeah. Is this fast enough without FC for non lazy people ? Totally...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    we are not talking about alts,

we are talking about new players quitting the game cause they cannot access endgame content in a reasonable\clever time lapse
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    last time we met in a tw you ate a oneshot or maybe even more than once, i really can't be ar.sed to go look into my youtube channel and dig it for you, ofc we didn't show up do you expect us to show up in 30 vs 80?
    actually how many players from your faction quitted after your past 3 months of wined tws? :)
    and perhaps should i report you for doing tw with your bm on Templer aswell? but honestly i really don't care else i would've get suspended few players already, since you are just moving assets from faction to faction to just take control of the whole map (http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rules_of_Territory_Wars)

tho you didnt show for any pk for last 3 years

i dont know why you had to turn this fc topic to one of your silly pk rants.
    but i will answer you a last time before this is closed for me.

1. i would very much like you to dig in your youtube for that oneshot. maybe you can post it in the morai section later . please dig deep , i really wanna see that.

2. please feel free to report me for doing tw on more then 1 char. i was never a officer in any of those factions, or i *moved assets* to control the map . i dont even care about the map lol

3. i do not know of any players who quitt because of our tw's. our faction is doing just fine.but thank you for your concern.b:thanks

4. i did not show up for any pk for the last 3 years or will i show up for the next 3 years.
    pk outside nw/tw has no benefits for me, i rather spend my time with things i like to do.
    and i really grow out of this age were i have to show off what a cool guy i am.
    arch west is the place for the op and elitist players, like you and joe,not for a super noob like me. i mean think about it, your just oneshooting me all the time......b:laugh
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    we are not talking about alts,

What ? b:shocked

With all due respect, you're not the only one writing on this thread and I didn't quote you as far as I know b:surrender

So in this thread there are people talking about leveling alts (especially to open PV) and I can give my opinion on that, right ?
    But sorry if I interrupted your fight with scruncy b:sad
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options

With all due respect, you're not the only one writing on this thread and I didn't quote you as far as I know b:surrender

So in this thread there are people talking about leveling alts (especially to open PV) and I can give my opinion on that, right ?
    Maybe they're posting on their alts too b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

What i meant for "we are not talking about alts"

Who has a low level alt is ofc not concerned either wont quit the game cause of this issue,

if theorically we would have a playerbase just composed of players with high level mains + low level alts,
    the FC hyper nerf would be legit

but actually i saw a lot of new players beginning on retail pwi, w\o having any high level main, then the majority of them plain quitted the game after the FC nerf was implemented

i do not really see any benefit coming from this preventing new players to reach endgame content in a reasonably fast way,
    instead we are just having drawbacks in terms of less players on the server, less BRs being sold, bad impact on f2p players economy \ even wors2 impact on PWE C$ income etch

if you can see benefits coming from this, enlighten me.

@scruncy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWf2zYKC1ek&list=UUZvXx4_OHr4m0X2CILVZ36Q here you go 8:09 find the others
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • scruncy
    edited September 2014
    Options

thank you very much, still waiting for that fully buffed bla bla oneshot thob:bye
  • mudvayne24
    mudvayne24 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They should have just made FC like a BH that can be done once a day. Completely taking something away from the game is kind of nonsense, but at the same time if something is too OP they could just tweak it.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    There's already PV for farming XP. I don't get why people get so hyperfocused on FC. There are other effective ways to level toons - just not as fast or easy. Most of the time those ways aren't as quick but still offer decent speed:
    - BH's, stacked. These get you to level 80 in a hurry, no more then a few days, especially if you got some high level help.
    - Blue and purple divine emissary quests. Especially the purples are a major boost. If you're purely looking for XP, turn the orders of the shadow/void in reroll items to get as many blue/purple quests as you can per day.
    - Crazy stone. Gets pricey though.
    - Lvl 70+: Paperclip for Villa. Takes a while, know your shortcuts, but can be done mostly on afk autopath flying.
    - Auto Cultivation for whichever amount of time you have left after running your fighting quests. Some classes are more suited for this then others though.
    - Phoenix Valley, once a day. Get a squad together if you can't solo it.
    - 90+: Faction base quest daily
    - 95+: Morai dailies and weekly. Do Endless Universe as well if you get the chance, 400k XP pill can help.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    is not good
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This is so sad ...... Im lvling 8 alts right now, all in range 83-92. I havent much time, so WHEN im online (what isnt everyday) i do PV and bhs on them. Reflection, when bhs are done and ive saved up enough shards. This gets me 1-3 lvl per week per character, depending on their lvl and time i actually leveled. This is more than enough for a game like this without doing anything else.

People who are playing everday for hours, especially with one alt or a main can lvl up even faster.

Leveling speed with hypers was anything than normal. Like people said, its a drug. Of course, alternative leveling methods are boring at certain lvls. Even more when you dont find squads because many people are too fail to even try them. However, take a look at your quests and if you didnt quest a lot before, youll find several quest giving 60-120k for killing like 10 mobs. Take more quests in one area, and you get a lot exp. That are the pre-80 quests, but theyre more profitable than quests 80+. Just move your butt and do them like youd have to in many other rpgs as well.

Seriously, you have to be extremely fail to be not able to lvl some alts or mains to 100+ without fc. There are no excuses. If you are so bad that you can only play a game in super-easy mode, then stop playing because even FC wouldnt make you a better player. Its like youre starting an RPG and stop after the tutorial lvl because it became to hard.....

Also, even low levels are there to learn your class and teamplay. So dont be surprised when nobody wants to team up when you need "help PLZZ bh51 PLZZ hi lvl PLZZZ". If you dont even WANT to play the low-lvl content, uninstall the game and move to a private server.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    There's already PV for farming XP.

PV ? im lvl 50, not reborn and its very hard (impossible) to find a squad for PV! only the reborn can solo PV.

- BH's, stacked. These get you to level 80 in a hurry, no more then a few days, especially if you got some high level help.
    - Blue and purple divine emissary quests. Especially the purples are a major boost. If you're purely looking for XP, turn the orders of the shadow/void in reroll items to get as many blue/purple quests as you can per day.

Like for PV, ONLY the reborn can solo BHs lower than 100, the damn true low lvl 40-90 cant find squad for BHs because the servers are so dead (they should really merge some servers)

- Crazy stone. Gets pricey though.
    - Lvl 70+: Paperclip for Villa. Takes a while, know your shortcuts, but can be done mostly on afk autopath flying.

It will take years to lvl up from 1 to 105 3times with those quests... They give like 5% exp...

- Auto Cultivation for whichever amount of time you have left after running your fighting quests. Some classes are more suited for this then others though.

Again, only the REBORN can do the auto culti without CHARM! the true low lvl lower than 100 need 1 (and they are very expensive)

- Phoenix Valley, once a day. Get a squad together if you can't solo it.

ONLY THE REBORN can solo PV lower than 90 or 100+! THE TRUE low lvl Cant, and its IMPOSSIBLE (RARE! HARD!) to find a squad for pv in those dead servers.

- 95+: Morai dailies and weekly. Do Endless Universe as well if you get the chance, 400k XP pill can help

We need to get lvl95 1st, which is impossible without FC, i wonder when i will be lvl80... I cant even get 70, after 3 months.

And seriously who would do those quest to kill 50-100 mobs to get 10% exp ?

SO NO, It wasnt a good idea to remove hyper in FC, because we cant even reach lv100 to play the weakly PvP Event. Its like this game is already dead, because there will be no new players that will come to waste years trying to get lv105 3 times.
  • scruncy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    u cant reach lvl 70 after 5 month?
    you can do that with just ur daily check in , lucid fantasy fruits and reflection...........

omg, so much nonsenseb:shocked
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    PV ? im lvl 50, not reborn and its very hard (impossible) to find a squad for PV! only the reborn can solo PV.

Lol no. Ive solod it on all of my chars except for my cleric and psychic. If you cant solo it with an AA or LA class, lvl up a seeker as well or bm or barb and duo it with this char. Even with bad gear, any HA-User can solo it easily.

Like for PV, ONLY the reborn can solo BHs lower than 100, the damn true low lvl 40-90 cant find squad for BHs because the servers are so dead (they should really merge some servers)

Also not true. Depending on instance and you class. If you have trouble getting enough players, wine it and split the cost. Thats about 250k per player, and its not much if you do your jollys or atleast take the quests. All you need is a healer and a tanky char, what can be many classes and the bosses can be killed.

Again, only the REBORN can do the auto culti without CHARM! the true low lvl lower than 100 need 1 (and they are very expensive)

Also, not true. Not even close. Bot on mobs you can kill before they reach you. If you have an arcane class besides veno, then yeah you might need a charm and you get some free and event gold gives you mp charms as well. I wouldnt use autoculti on an AA class before high lvl, but it IS doable even without charm.

ONLY THE REBORN can solo PV lower than 90 or 100+! THE TRUE low lvl Cant, and its IMPOSSIBLE (RARE! HARD!) to find a squad for pv in those dead servers.

As i said, no. ANY HA class can solo it. Hell, i solod it with my seeker up to 90 with dreamchaser gear and those free hp buff potions you get. Bloodpaint helps a lot too.

And seriously who would do those quest to kill 50-100 mobs to get 10% exp ?

I guess youre talking about the 80+ quests. Save them up till the expansion comes and do them then if you like or skip them. The other quests, especially at your lvl are stupidly easy and give more.

SO NO, It wasnt a good idea to remove hyper in FC, because we cant even reach lv100 to play the weakly PvP Event. Its like this game is already dead, because there will be no new players that will come to waste years trying to get lv105 3 times.

No, YOU cant. And if youre not able to do so, you wouldnt be able to do anything in any kind of PvP-Event. Unless you could lvl up to 101with FC and CS r9. But even then people would oneshot you.

This is exactly the proof why removing hypers in fc is a good and neccesary turn, especially for lowbies. Thank you.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I didnt read all the replies.

I myself think it is a stupid idea and the longer this current situation continues, the more damage is done to the game. New people dont want to spend months leveling their toon and they will quit. They used to find an empty low level area and go FC, now they find an empty low level area and no alternative but quit. People who are bored of their main now wont level an alt and thus are not entertained and there is a bigger chance they will quit.

I made the poll to see if there is a big difference with the votes last year about if FC hypering should be removed. Doesnt seem so. Apparently 42% of the voters not only are already level 100 and dont want to make alts, i guess they also dont have any good friends that are hurt by the change. Maybe in a few more months we should try again :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    57 ppl all 105 lvl vote on dont need fc fix
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I didnt read all the replies.

I myself think it is a stupid idea and the longer this current situation continues, the more damage is done to the game. New people dont want to spend months leveling their toon and they will quit. They used to find an empty low level area and go FC, now they find an empty low level area and no alternative but quit. People who are bored of their main now wont level an alt and thus are not entertained and there is a bigger chance they will quit.

This is true! And the new players CANT DO those boring quest "Kill X MOBS 30-50-100 times" For 10-15% XP... And those cult quest where we must kill those mini boss (that 3 shouts the AA & LA) ? Is this game serious ?

The only ****** good part in this game is the weakly PvP Event (TW/NW) AND AGAIN, DO THEY EVEN WORTH IT? THE RRR9 +12 1 HIT THE PLAYERS With LOWER GEAR (G13 / G15 / G16 / R8).

I regret i have played This game for 3 years .... What a waste of TIME!

Its a FAKE Free-To-Play Game, where THE ONE THAT PUT HIS $ IN THE GAME WIN EVERYTHING!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If all you care about is PvP go play a MOBA.

Also, the total ignorance about what lower levels can do here is absolutely hilarious. I solo'd all of my low level content with my cleric LOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago when we didn't have OP Dreamchaser gear, a constant blessing for free attack/defense levels, reduced kill counts on quests with increased EXP gains, genies to help boost our survival, daily free charms thrown at us, and so on and so forth.

You folks whining about what lowbies can and can't do likely either suck at the game too much to be able to get your class' potential out... or are on servers that have had their communities killed thanks to powerleveling in frost to skip everything and now that the crutch is gone you don't want to even try to use the other methods available. It's the same damn thing as all the people who say lowbies can't do anything in NW when those of us who were GOOD at our classes are able to contribute to, and profit from, NW just fine even on low leveled characters.

Kinda sad people are complaining about "only" getting 10-15 percent of a level with one quest/instance on a bloody MMO. I'd love to see how much they'd fail on the older types where a loss of 0.1% would set you back weeks before you were even at the endgame levels.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    manyak0090 wrote: »
    57 ppl all 105 lvl vote on dont need fc fix

No lol, didn't even made it to 100 yet.
    I voted simply because people didn't do quests anymore and got lazy! b:laugh
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

Also, the total ignorance about what lower levels can do here is absolutely hilarious. I solo'd all of my low level content with my cleric LOOOOOOOOOOOONG ago when we didn't have OP Dreamchaser gear, a constant blessing for free attack/defense levels, reduced kill counts on quests with increased EXP gains, genies to help boost our survival, daily free charms thrown at us, and so on and so forth.

You folks whining about what lowbies can and can't do likely either suck at the game too much to be able to get your class' potential out... or are on servers that have had their communities killed thanks to powerleveling in frost to skip everything and now that the crutch is gone you don't want to even try to use the other methods available. It's the same damn thing as all the people who say lowbies can't do anything in NW when those of us who were GOOD at our classes are able to contribute to, and profit from, NW just fine even on low leveled characters.

Kinda sad people are complaining about "only" getting 10-15 percent of a level with one quest/instance on a bloody MMO. I'd love to see how much they'd fail on the older types where a loss of 0.1% would set you back weeks before you were even at the endgame levels.

that would be a valid argument only if the reason FCC doesn't allow hypers werent that the dev's forgot to tailor the patch content and left a change that should be a standard for content we receive.

its nice that you are able to do all of that, i'm not really buying all of that though because i'm not seeing a normal geared toon solo'ing 51 without a ton of resources.

point being, still, is that too many people are trying to impress their methods of enjoying the game upon other players. some ppl like PV, some like FCC. a lot of ppl used FCC to lvl and their liked it. because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it is something worthy of removal.

TO REPEAT, HYPERING IN FCC WAS NOT INTENTIONALLY REMOVED, IT WAS A MISTAKE BY CHINA IN DELIVERING PROPERLY LOCALIZED CONTENT!!!

all this arguing is pointless because this whole issue is springing from the fault in the original property's owner failing to deliver content with integrity.

there would be the same amount of noobs and unskilled people in this game whether or not FCC allowed hypers or not. where there is a way to farm exp, ppl will use it to skip ahead lvls at a time. how people individually enjoy this game should not be up to one select group of people to dictate.

and to be honest, "endgame levels" as it were like 2-3 years ago is really just "the beginning of the game" these days. pre-100 content has little to no value at all and no hypering in FCC is not doing anything to enrich that portion of the game either. i can solo all my bh's, how does this help fresh lowbies ( i dont solo 69 and up, instead I take a full squad usually while solo'ing it all as well as low lvl PVs but i dont personally enjoy the game when im just solo'ing everything) to get squads or have the experiences many of us 5+ yr vets had forming squads to take down jewel etc etc?

absolutely nothing.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

You cant deny that the game is different now than it was in its early years. Yes, i played plenty of games where it takes a looooong time to reach end game. Its nice if you start when the game is new, it takes a long time for everyone and its some kind of race to the level 100. Then comes the challenge of farming TT without TT gear etc etc. Great fun.

That however was 5 years ago. Today the start of the game has moved to level 100 and end game is R9. They get to level 100 in their TT90 gear. They are the noobs between all the OPs, this is not the reward after months of hard work, this is where the game begins. They prepare themselves to spend years to get R9. Hard work comes with something that feels like a reward, an achievement. In the old days, becoming level 100 was an achievement. It was rewarding and deserved respect.
    They do not want to work hard only to be the weakest level 100 on the server and realise they still actually got to start their road to end game.
    and to be honest, "endgame levels" as it were like 2-3 years ago is really just "the beginning of the game" these days

nice crosspost :)
    edited September 2014
    Options
    nice crosspost :)

i'm just glad im not alone in understanding this. these arguments go so left these days.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    But aren't you guys glad the game is just booming with low levels doing low level content? b:laugh
    edited September 2014
    Options
    But aren't you guys glad the game is just booming with low levels doing low level content? b:laugh

it feels more like winning the lottery and having to walk through a literal football field full of beggars every time you leave your house.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options

That was cynical right ?

I see only a few beggars at my door
  • Dutch_death - Heavens Tear
    Dutch_death - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    b:laugh on the note of low lvl area booming with new players made a new toon 2 days ago its lvl 33 now and the starter area.s near lost are empty mine,s near arch did see 1 new toon there when i was there and that was a lvl 32 sin with emperor tome so i take it its a alt so new players who started after fc was disabeld and people who say there are more new players can only say dont talk bs
    most of the people who say fc is gone is good are ra people who made those toons in fc and pwrlvl themself but wont say they did because they are selfish and arrogant they dont want new high lvl in game they wanna feel like god because in here they are something while in rl they are just like annybody else nothing special b:chuckle
  • scruncy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    you guys should make another poll then.
    it should be about letting freshly created characters start with lvl 100 since this is the start of the game now b:shutup
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Snip....

TO REPEAT, HYPERING IN FCC WAS NOT INTENTIONALLY REMOVED, IT WAS A MISTAKE BY CHINA IN DELIVERING PROPERLY LOCALIZED CONTENT!!!

Snip...
    You should read more to catch up. The changes to both FCC and Earning Time in all the maps was intentional.

It was not some mistake.

Also, considering we were the only version that had it, it's not surprising that they aren't supporting it any longer.

They don't have PvE servers in China either. Would you like to see that here? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    They don't have PvE servers in China either. Would you like to see that here? b:chuckle

Of course we would. Now that i am R9+10 and no longer have to quest, you can change archo to a PvP server. Just like the closed FC doesnt hurt me directly as i dont foresee myself leveling any new toons.

And no, dont let people start at level 100, let them start at level 90 and make FC not a minimum level, but give it a maximum level of 99 non-rebirth. It is the perfect learning instance when done with squad.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    you guys should make another poll then.
    it should be about letting freshly created characters start with lvl 100 since this is the start of the game now b:shutup

This may as well be a thing with how many are whining about how "slow/tedious/hard" it is to level....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|