POL, was it right to remove FC hypers ?

1235»

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You give lots of alternatives but what is the major flaw?
    They require a lot of time.
    I barely have time with my main no way I am gonna have time to do all that.
    If I spend all that time my main will be left behind yet again.
    if you do not play your main for 3 hours - 5 hours a day you going to get behind badly

Also is so unfair to speed 200- 300 hours to level an alt to 100 when someone else spend less than 20- 30 hours to do that.

So you're expecting the biggest cake but want to move only your small finger? Uh, yea. Seriously, don't play MMOs or at least play a casual one if you're not willing to invest time.

I'm amused that people cry so much about FCC when it's the smallest issue we have. Have fun keeping up gear wise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • zxshinobixz
    zxshinobixz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So you're expecting the biggest cake but want to move only your small finger? Uh, yea. Seriously, don't play MMOs or at least play a casual one if you're not willing to invest time.

I'm amused that people cry so much about FCC when it's the smallest issue we have. Have fun keeping up gear wise.

I put 10x more effort in this game than you do.
    I do FSP twice a day.
    Full WS twice a day.
    Dailies.
    Double cube run Twice a day.

Total play time 5-6 hours a day(Not counting TW, NW, resource wars and daily server events)

That the problem you said it yourself.
    Having fun keeping up gear wise.These days gear is not enough you need spirit so you have to do primal dailies without fail to keep up and you also need to farm neuma daily for monthss and you need to be level 105x3 to be competitive in pvp. Reawakening stats give you a lotttt of stats advantage.

These is not enough time to do all that is required and less for an alt.

Things I would rather do that spend hours doing lame quests that barely give exp:
    Neuma farming
    TT farming

Answer me this if someone spend 30 hours leveling an alt to level 100 why should I spend 300x hours to get same benefit?

Getting to level 80 is very easy without hypers.
    But after level 80 quests exp is garbage. PV only good if you spend a couple of millions to get very good equipment to be able to do it efficiently.

Getting to level 100 reborn is easy I got no problem with that.
    But with newly created character leveling from 80 to 95 is extremely time consuming and repeatable...

Problems I have with no FC?
    I can not level multiple alts in an efficient time anymore I need 4 extra level 100 alts.
    To be able to do PV 16x times a day. Yes my goal is to Reach level 105x3 and I do not have enough PV openers to accomplish that anymore...

Also people who have over 10 level 100+ alts have a very high advantage now than ever before.
    You can't compete with them anymore at all. Having multiple alts give you an insane advantage against other players that you can not possible imagine.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    I put 10x more effort in this game than you do.

Interesting assumption, untrue though.

Anyway, by your logic I should QQ because I actually leveld characters before there was FCC. Yea, I should.

I don't see your "insane disadvantage".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014

i think the biggest thing is people choose to play a MMORPG, and completely forget about the RPG part. Instant gratification, RPG is not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maybe one of the ideas behind removal of hypers in FC is once we get the two new classes, maybe people will take the time to do the new quests in the new areas instead of create toon > hyper FC using main > level 100 new class in three days.

All the coding and artwork that goes into the new area, surely they want us to enjoy it.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i think the biggest thing is people choose to play a MMORPG, and completely forget about the RPG part. Instant gratification, RPG is not.

That is a logical fallcy mate. There are different types of RPG's. Some faster than others. Some focus on gear, some focus on leveling, some focus on neither of those and go for players skill. That being said, saying that RPG's do not cater to instant gratification is false.

The boutique and gold selling destroys your whole entire argument.

My problem isn't the removal of hypers in FC. I thought i should state that before you strawman me. My problem is there is no leveling system in this game that allows you to level in a reasonable amount of time anymore. 2-3 months to reach 100 isn't reasonable, especially considering a lot of other MMO's it takes less than half the time and 1/10th the work to reach max level. 1-2 weeks for 95 through 100 is not reasonable anymore considering it takes less time to get back to 100 even on second rebirth.

But then there is gearing up. Which is another can of worms. Either you want people to take a while to level, and make the endgame obtainable in a decent amount of time; or you make the endgame hard to get, and make leveling easy. Making both long processes turns away new players, especially those of us that actually put money into the games we like.

These "I leveled to 100 w/o FC, and if I did it, it's easy" people, probably don't put any revenue into the game. And if they do it's probably not more than $50 USD a year.

It's not so much instant gratification people want. They want their time/money to be reasonably allocated. Is that too much to ask for? But then again, you just assumed that everyone forgets what an RPG is. We know exactly what they are, but unlike you we don't try to tell others what they SHOULD be, which is unreasoanble, due to the very nature of RPG's.
  • ajejisj
    ajejisj Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fact: 100 % of ppl who voted yes, has already used and abused fc and has all the chars they wanted at level 100+ so now they can abuse pv 100+ entering multiple times

i vote for pv token to expire after you exit the cave, so only 1 run per day.
  • Prologue - Sanctuary
    Prologue - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ajejisj wrote: »
    fact: 100 % of ppl who voted yes, has already used and abused fc and has all the chars they wanted at level 100+ so now they can abuse pv 100+ entering multiple times

People are looking for ways to level, and here you suggest PV to be once a day... Really?

What good do you get for the token to last one run? You get the same amount of exp doing one run in that whateveramountoftimeyoutook and doing one run in less than 15mins. Don't be stupid :)
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Actually not a fact. Some of us including myself rarely ever did FC and when I did it was a full FC. I can count on one hand and maybe a couple fingers how many times I did FC on my main which is 102/100/100 and less than 60 mill from 103
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Over 85% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'd rather they allow people to open PV multiple times with the same character instead of limiting PV. Then multiple lvl100 alts for PVing won't matter anymore.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014

fact: Someone's jealous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    look at all those alt votes.

I bet i could add 10 or so in for YES
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Fact: Making up stats on the fly makes one look ignorant and foolish.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You give lots of alternatives but what is the major flaw?
    They require a lot of time.
    I barely have time with my main no way I am gonna have time to do all that.
    If I spend all that time my main will be left behind yet again.
    if you do not play your main for 3 hours - 5 hours a day you going to get behind badly

Also is so unfair to speed 200- 300 hours to level an alt to 100 when someone else spend less than 20- 30 hours to do that.

lol wow here let me turn that against you. *enter whine mode* It is so unfair that it took me 7 months to a year to even get to lvl 100 years ago but now all of these newer people can get there within a week to a month omg it is just not fair *stamps foot* *deactivate whine mode*.

A lot has changed over the course of this game sense I started playing years ago and you can either stand around bellyaching all day or you can learn to adapt. If all your going to do is **** and moan I say your time would be better spent packing up your **** and getting the **** out.

Now if you stop whining and going "what about meee!!!" and actually think about what FC was doing to this game you would realize what they did was the right thing. Although I still think they should have dropped this bomb shell on us right on the same day as the new expansion comes to our version. That way we would have the new revamped 80+ quests so it isn't such a ***** to level if you don't like grinding your way up like I do. But that aside what is the point in having all this content intended to help us level if nobody is willing to use it just because it takes more time and effort.

This instant gratification bull **** really saddens me where is the joy in working for something you really want. Something that I have worked for in my view holds more value to me personally then something that was just given to me no work needed. It just dumb founds me that not all of you don't have this type of thinking. *sighs* im just gonna stop now I think im just gonna go off topic if I continue *walks away shaking his head sadly*.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And I must be wasting my alts since I have 3 100+ ones excluding my main and I dont even open PV with them b:laugh
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • _Mg_Zr - Harshlands
    _Mg_Zr - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Over 85% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'd rather they allow people to open PV multiple times with the same character instead of limiting PV. Then multiple lvl100 alts for PVing won't matter anymore.

Id like to see this being implemented.

And yes I think removing hypers was the right idea but not the best. I see it as a short term fix.

The real way to go about it would be to only allow 85+ players enter fc and still keep the hyper function.

Hopefully though this starts to improve the game quality and the quality of the 100+ players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - 102 Demon Kitty Kat

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
    - Douglas Adams
  • zxshinobixz
    zxshinobixz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anwynd wrote: »
    lol wow here let me turn that against you. *enter whine mode* It is so unfair that it took me 7 months to a year to even get to lvl 100 years ago but now all of these newer people can get there within a week to a month omg it is just not fair *stamps foot* *deactivate whine mode*.

A lot has changed over the course of this game sense I started playing years ago and you can either stand around bellyaching all day or you can learn to adapt. If all your going to do is **** and moan I say your time would be better spent packing up your **** and getting the **** out.

Now if you stop whining and going "what about meee!!!" and actually think about what FC was doing to this game you would realize what they did was the right thing. Although I still think they should have dropped this bomb shell on us right on the same day as the new expansion comes to our version. That way we would have the new revamped 80+ quests so it isn't such a ***** to level if you don't like grinding your way up like I do. But that aside what is the point in having all this content intended to help us level if nobody is willing to use it just because it takes more time and effort.

This instant gratification bull **** really saddens me where is the joy in working for something you really want. Something that I have worked for in my view holds more value to me personally then something that was just given to me no work needed. It just dumb founds me that not all of you don't have this type of thinking. *sighs* im just gonna stop now I think im just gonna go off topic if I continue *walks away shaking his head sadly*.

It took me over 7 months to level my main to level 100.
    I even grind myself blood moon bracers!

I am talking about having multiple alts.

If you are an greedy *** that have over 10 accounts using FC and do not want newer player to not have that advantage f u.

All the successful level 105x3 players have over 10+ level 100 accounts.

Now New players will not be able to have that advantage and will be left behind even more.

Its so unfair that it gonna take a player to level an alt 5 months to level to 100 when it took an older player 1 month to level multiple of them them!

Instant gratification???
    This game is all about gear not leveling.
    When a player have full R9r3+10 getting to 105x3 is easy if they got multiple alts.

We already have enough with keeping up with gears and doing so many dailies!
    It takes a year of hard work to get full R9r3 and another year to get full +10 including Nation war ornaments !
    2 more years to get full Jades! and another year to +12 all !
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    It took me over 7 months to level my main to level 100.
    I even grind myself blood moon bracers!

I am talking about having multiple alts.

If you are an greedy *** that have over 10 accounts using FC and do not want newer player to not have that advantage f u.

All the successful level 105x3 players have over 10+ level 100 accounts.

Now New players will not be able to have that advantage and will be left behind even more.

Its so unfair that it gonna take a player to level an alt 5 months to level to 100 when it took an older player 1 month to level multiple of them them!

Instant gratification???
    This game is all about gear not leveling.
    When a player have full R9r3+10 getting to 105x3 is easy if they got multiple alts.

We already have enough with keeping up with gears and doing so many dailies!
    It takes a year of hard work to get full R9r3 and another year to get full +10 including Nation war ornaments !
    2 more years to get full Jades! and another year to +12 all !

7 months o level a char to 100? FC hypers have been removed about a month ago so what is your argument about hyperleveling in FC again? Because you obviously failed that main of yours.

The rest of your rambling blither is pure BS. Besides using your logic if a person chooses to have 10 alts to level up and gear up then how is it fair that they are allowed to take shortcuts when those new players with only one toon to level and gear up are going to have to put some real effort into it? Don't you think it's only fair if a person who has 10 alts must put the same kind of time, effort, and resources into each and every single one if that person's objective is to level and gear them up to their main? How is it fair that a person with 10 alts shouldn't have to take 10 times the time, effort, and resources that a person who chooses to level just a single char up just the same?

I thinks it's people just like you who are QQing about how long it takes to level up and gear up alts
    and demanding there be an easier way for you all are the most selfish and greedy ones here. A new player isn't going to have a clue how others played or leveled or whatever before they logged in for the 1st time. Find one and ask them. They are in complete and total discovery mode and maybe a bit confused by all the new stuff to them at that point and are not going to be focused on end game ****. I doubt they are really going to care about it at all. They are going to play the game the way they are allowed to just as every one else has until the dynamics of the game changes. In fact as dynamic as the game has been what your perception of what is fair is completely irrelevant. I mean I leveled and geared up and farmed for things the old fashioned way before frost and according to your warped logic I can claim people like you have had major advantages over me. Can I call you a greedy selfish whatever for playing the game the way you were allowed to at the time considering that I was never afforded that kind of opportunity when I was leveling pre 2011?

Quit projecting your own disillusioned idealistic opinions onto others who haven't even discovered the game yet. People who tend to jump into other people's heads and tell us what they think and feel are like that just to falsely validate their own weak arguments by pretending they have phantom support are the least credible with any point they make.

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014
    7 months o level a char to 100? FC hypers have been removed about a month ago so what is your argument about hyperleveling in FC again? Because you obviously failed that main of yours.

The rest of your rambling blither is pure BS. Besides using your logic if a person chooses to have 10 alts to level up and gear up then how is it fair that they are allowed to take shortcuts when those new players with only one toon to level and gear up are going to have to put some real effort into it? Don't you think it's only fair if a person who has 10 alts must put the same kind of time, effort, and resources into each and every single one if that person's objective is to level and gear them up to their main? How is it fair that a person with 10 alts shouldn't have to take 10 times the time, effort, and resources that a person who chooses to level just a single char up just the same?

I thinks it's people just like you who are QQing about how long it takes to level up and gear up alts
    and demanding there be an easier way for you all are the most selfish and greedy ones here. A new player isn't going to have a clue how others played or leveled or whatever before they logged in for the 1st time. Find one and ask them. They are in complete and total discovery mode and maybe a bit confused by all the new stuff to them at that point and are not going to be focused on end game ****. I doubt they are really going to care about it at all. They are going to play the game the way they are allowed to just as every one else has until the dynamics of the game changes. In fact as dynamic as the game has been what your perception of what is fair is completely irrelevant. I mean I leveled and geared up and farmed for things the old fashioned way before frost and according to your warped logic I can claim people like you have had major advantages over me. Can I call you a greedy selfish whatever for playing the game the way you were allowed to at the time considering that I was never afforded that kind of opportunity when I was leveling pre 2011?

Quit projecting your own disillusioned idealistic opinions onto others who haven't even discovered the game yet. People who tend to jump into other people's heads and tell us what they think and feel are like that just to falsely validate their own weak arguments by pretending they have phantom support are the least credible with any point they make.
    Sweetiebot, give 10 points to Jadsia - Lost City for this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Sweetiebot, give 10 points to Jadsia - Lost City for this post.
    SylenThunder - Sanctuary awards 10 points to Jadsia - Lost City!
    Jadsia - Lost City is now in 1st place for October 2014 with 10 points (8 points overall).
    SylenThunder - Sanctuary can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i did RB1 0-100 in 17 hours by FC and PV

still i am against this removal, cause the game has already too many aspects you have to focus on such gears, cultivation, morai skills, primal dailies coin farming etch

that at this point, considered the time consuption that all this aspects take,

the leveling part should just be a formality
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At first i didn't understand the old players i get it now but shutting down fc aka ff changed the game first off the ability to earn as an average player.

economy is *****!!!! get use to it.

People that support this this still is the 30 plus year olds say earn your class quit the game you wont be missed.

lets face it this game as at its stand still if your an ignit old school or selfish player these are the last days for you.

pwi its about the money right you kill ff guess what only money you make is from promo a chest avatar that will be run short.

hire me and f china ill tell them how it is America like fast food fast woman and money you want are money then cater to us this junk you putting out is a JOKE YOU WANT TO GROW AS A MMO OR be like ever what was that game called oh yeah they sucked not worth remembering
  • thewildxone
    thewildxone Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i did RB1 0-100 in 17 hours by FC and PV

still i am against this removal, cause the game has already too many aspects you have to focus on such gears, cultivation, morai skills, primal dailies coin farming etch

that at this point, considered the time consuption that all this aspects take,

the leveling part should just be a formality

Exactly and people do not get this?
    There is already too many things to do in this game....
    BH
    FSP
    WS
    Primal Dailies
    Morai Dailies
    Farming neumas
    Farming TT
    Cube
    UCH
    AEU
    managing merchanting
    Weekly quests
    NW
    Daily especial events like CoA,Tigers,Jungle run etc
    resource wars

FC would ease us up.

Before leveling = FC
    Now Leveling from 80- 95 =

BH
    Crazy stones
    World quest
    For months....
  • afkitsune
    afkitsune Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Someone said before that the playerbase is overwhelmingly in favor of having fcc restricted or having hyperstone use removed from it.

But that's not what these votes say b:laugh
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Exactly and people do not get this?
    There is already too many things to do in this game....
    BH
    FSP
    WS
    Primal Dailies
    Morai Dailies
    Farming neumas
    Farming TT
    Cube
    UCH
    AEU
    managing merchanting
    Weekly quests
    NW
    Daily especial events like CoA,Tigers,Jungle run etc
    resource wars

FC would ease us up.

Before leveling = FC
    Now Leveling from 80- 95 =

BH
    Crazy stones
    World quest
    For months....

What about PV? Why exclude that? Not only that but for 80 to 95+ you excluded Morai and primal world too. You replied to someone who was talking about leveling after rebirth so these maps and respective quests are relevant to that too. Did you do that on purpose because the entire point of that instance is to get massive amounts of exp and it's not convenient for your 'OMG I can't level fast without a hyper in FC because I'm ignorant and lazy' rant? Most people use PV to level from 100+ to 105+ because it worked much better than FC at that level considering the exp compression at those levels. PV works fine ans is adequate. Besides frost still gives decent exp for those who can blow through it after rebirth.

QQ more about having to put a bit more effort into it. To me it's no different than making instance bosses resistant to APS auto derping thus forcing players to actually use skill and strategy. The point is that it gets people more involved with the content of the game.

Oh and by the way it only takes me about 50 minutes to do all my active dailies except the cube thanks to the active point system. Learn better in-game time management skills if it is such a problem for you.
    afkitsune wrote: »
    Someone said before that the playerbase is overwhelmingly in favor of having fcc restricted or having hyperstone use removed from it.

But that's not what these votes say b:laugh

This is easy to answer. This is an alt poll. You know, the type of poll which a disgruntled person uses alts to vote 10 times for. Hardly reflects an actual representation of the playerbase feels in a scientifically statistical way.

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can we simply just stop talking about this FC? Everything was said regardless removing hypers from FC and new ways( actually old ways but new to those that didnt knew about them) to lvl up.Get over it. Its a dead instance now, nothing we players can do about it, so try to leave without it cause its not that hard. Fc is dead so beat the last nail in the coffin, burry it and lets move on.
    giphy.gif