Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    hmm so if that is not a tidal but a SoR

does that mean that sins will remain the most OP class in game? D:

while archers will drop even further behind

i really don't get the point of nerfing archers this much, seriously, it makes no sense

how can china state that archers are this kind of OP that they need so much nerf, while they let assassins be?

at this point i really hope there are new skillbooks or something to rework "old" classes skills :x
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

i really don't get the point of nerfing archers this much, seriously, it makes no sense

how can china state that archers are this kind of OP that they need so much nerf, while they let assassins be?

at this point i really hope there are new skillbooks or something to rework "old" classes skills :x

After reading attackerv answer about how thing son china are... I kinda understand. It happens the same in some servers here, Archers are a nice class, people like it even if it's not OP or anything... and happens that some old-players who CS like crazy (or farm, mercha, whatever for long enough) happen to be archers

Imagine having running around double awaken nuema portal 80/80 +12 josd nw orns archers in your server... Those would easily 2-shot any semi-endgame (anything not full S cards and josd actually). That would kinda give the feeling archers are really OP... a sins with that gear? scary, yes, but couldn't posibly kill as much as an ea who can range-2-shot people.

It's gear, not skill, but in this case range helps giving the "OP AS **" feeling...

I'll guess? Beucase it's either that or PWCN devs are dumb xD
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    After reading attackerv answer about how thing son china are... I kinda understand. It happens the same in some servers here, Archers are a nice class, people like it even if it's not OP or anything... and happens that some old-players who CS like crazy (or farm, mercha, whatever for long enough) happen to be archers

Imagine having running around double awaken nuema portal 80/80 +12 josd nw orns archers in your server... Those would easily 2-shot any semi-endgame (anything not full S cards and josd actually). That would kinda give the feeling archers are really OP... a sins with that gear? scary, yes, but couldn't posibly kill as much as an ea who can range-2-shot people.

It's gear, not skill, but in this case range helps giving the "OP AS **" feeling...

I'll guess? Beucase it's either that or PWCN devs are dumb xD

Also because China has nowhere NEAR as many players with the kind of gear people in our version run around in.
    They are making the version based on their playerbase, not ours.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Although obviously we don't have full skill descriptions with numerics, going by what I've read so far, I think it's really dumb to add new mechanics like this to the game, adding cooldown resets, power combos, completely new passive abilities, new squad buffs, the LA class at least sounds OP as **** compared to the skills that other classes possess.

I can understand it from a company perspective, they want to add new classes to the game that have such OP skills that will persuade many people to reroll as their main, as it likely means more money for them, but I feel for anyone that does I mean good luck getting 105^3 r9rr +12 josd S cards 80/80 all primal skills all primal passives, nuemas etc from scratch at this stage of the game.

It's a shame that they can't at least think about balance, archers have been nerfed to the point where unless you outgear your opponent you will get rekt, the other classes are just better. Plain and simple.

The ranged damage reduction unless it's like capped at 10% will be the final nail in the coffin for the archer class.

People that read this and still be like 'QQ more archers you guys are OP need nerf' please don't embarrass yourself, at equal gear endgame there isn't a single class that can't completely **** an archer, and if you can't, please uninstall and play something that doesn't require a single braincell.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Also because China has nowhere NEAR as many players with the kind of gear people in our version run around in.
    They are making the version based on their playerbase, not ours.

You mean having so many semi-endgames or having a lot of ppl using G16 gear (well, kinda)?

Still I agree... They do based on they have, but sucks balls for archers in here... Free code for nuema portal for all archers pls :)
    Although obviously we don't have full skill descriptions with numerics, going by what I've read so far, I think it's really dumb to add new mechanics like this to the game, adding cooldown resets, power combos, completely new passive abilities, new squad buffs, the LA class at least sounds OP as **** compared to the skills that other classes possess.

I can understand it from a company perspective, they want to add new classes to the game that have such OP skills that will persuade many people to reroll as their main, as it likely means more money for them, but I feel for anyone that does I mean good luck getting 105^3 r9rr +12 josd S cards 80/80 all primal skills all primal passives, nuemas etc from scratch at this stage of the game.

It's a shame that they can't at least think about balance, archers have been nerfed to the point where unless you outgear your opponent you will get rekt, the other classes are just better. Plain and simple.

The ranged damage reduction unless it's like capped at 10% will be the final nail in the coffin for the archer class.

People that read this and still be like 'QQ more archers you guys are OP need nerf' please don't embarrass yourself, at equal gear endgame there isn't a single class that can't completely **** an archer, and if you can't, please uninstall and play something that doesn't require a single braincell.

Dont be so dramatic... sometimes, with lucky purge and lucky apo, you can maybe eventually kill a lousy bm at similar gears... if you're lucky, your bow purges, your stun works and the bm is laggy, it's still a win!
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    >New LA class that will be a pain in the flank for arcanes and archers

>All that chi reliance

Here I thought BMs were the most chi-hungry class ... I bet their 79/89/99 and celestial/morai/primal upgrades will reduce their dependency a bit though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    Options
    >New LA class that will be a pain in the flank for arcanes and archers

>All that chi reliance

Here I thought BMs were the most chi-hungry class ... I bet their 79/89/99 and celestial/morai/primal upgrades will reduce their dependency a bit though.

Primal updates made Demon bm go to the TOP due to that, now they can **** chi... Making Demon bm's way more useful than before, even better than sage. Before it was the other way round as Demon needed more Chi that they could use (pvp, not aps **** xD)

I just hope for this class to have a similar issue as Demon bm's use to have, really I pray for that... That and no-one in my server making this toon endgame to avoid having anti-archer/arcane class running around, we have enough with sins already...

Without endgame "dragon" LA would mean less people having those buffs and less toons with those pasives, fair enough

PS: TY for post merge OPKossy, my browser messed up previous posts!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I don't really like the skills for the LA class so far but we'll have to see them in-game first before we can fully judge them.

They do seem to need a lot of chi though which might be the balancing factor. However, we don't know anything about their Sage/Demon, Morai and Primal skills yet. If those upgrades give them enough chi options that they'll pretty much have no major drawback... then it would really suck.

I also understand them wanting to make the new classes attractive enough that people will decide to make new mains but.... :/ I try not to worry about balance and stuff too much (not like we have a balance lol) and just enjoy the game for what it is but sometimes they just make such stupid things.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • nyashka1987
    nyashka1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hi! I want to share with you some new screenshots, that we got from chinese server emulation.
    There are more than 40 pics from new locations, all clickable.
    Click here.
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Creator window

Yay they made sin with sword and mystic with scythe b:shutup
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    uhm

are we sure we dont have any skill rework for old classes?

http://pwmarket.ru/img/guides/18-4.png
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    uhm

That's just a merged skill from primal.
    Wellspring purge + blessing of the purehearted = soothing pulse
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Seriously? No horns or tails?? or is the horn/tail thing their transformation?
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited September 2014
    Options
    That's just a merged skill from primal.
    Wellspring purge + blessing of the purehearted = soothing pulse

yea, but seems they "touched" old skills at least the interface is different

i still have some hope :|
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• nyashka1987
    nyashka1987 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    uhm

Oh, no. It`s just a new skill window. It shows skill tree. On the screenshot you can see skills evolution: 10lvl - 11lvl (Demon) - 12lvl (from Reborn addon)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

This is SEVERELY aggravating, I feel cheated, violated and catfished, all in one b:angryb:cry .
    Why would they plop all the art before with them having horns is beyond deceiving. I'm far less hyped about the new race now b:surrender .
    I should have known better, yes, since it isn't the first time they've done it, but still, this seemed believable, since the race is draagon related and it's such a small cosmetic detail that would have been easy to add.

yea, but seems they "touched" old skills at least the interface is different

i still have some hope :|

Actually, they're eliminating skill npcs and allowing us to learn all the skills from out skill page interface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Will see tomorrow on test servers.

Patch notes
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just a quick butt in, all this is happening on chinese servers, test servers for now? No ETA announced for our version? I presume another 3~9 months before we might see this?
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just a quick butt in, all this is happening on chinese servers, test servers for now? No ETA announced for our version? I presume another 3~9 months before we might see this?

Sparkie said we'll get it early next year.

Here is the post: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21844651&postcount=11
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This is SEVERELY aggravating, I feel cheated, violated and catfished, all in one b:angryb:cry .

Trailers always lie. Always. Which is why I expected nothing of value cosmetics-wise from the new classes so I wouldn't get my hopes up to be disappointed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Trailers always lie. Always. Which is why I expected nothing of value cosmetics-wise from the new classes so I wouldn't get my hopes up to be disappointed.

Actually, their trailer featured correctly a new dagger thingy class with no horns lol. But yeah, should have expected it to be an npc only with the horns, that's we saw in the earlier leaked pics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    **** the new race then >.> Come on, adding horns isn't that hard. Why would they make another race that looks 100% like humans... Earthguards are already disappointing but at least they have the Third Eye going on with them.
    They even reused the BM/Seeker pose.

I knew the update will be disappointing but I guess my expectations can't even be set at the bare minimum anymore o_o

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Horns and halo - must be a new sage/demon identifier... b:chuckle

That said, if they bring out a new race I kinda hope they'll either do a close range melee with a focus on fist or polearm weapons, and a mainly fire-based caster class.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

I don't like the fact they never done another trailer like the Descent Launch one. Even the Teaser showed something.

I wonder if we'll be able to have more toons in same account now. Probably not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    **** the new race then >.> Come on, adding horns isn't that hard. Why would they make another race that looks 100% like humans... Earthguards are already disappointing but at least they have the Third Eye going on with them.
    They even reused the BM/Seeker pose.

I knew the update will be disappointing but I guess my expectations can't even be set at the bare minimum anymore o_o

It's okay, Desdi. At least we'll still have your fluff. b:flower
    I don't like the fact they never done another trailer like the Descent Launch one. Even the Teaser showed something.

I wonder if we'll be able to have more toons in same account now. Probably not.
    That'd be nice, TBH. Was one of the rare few that were relevant.

Would love to see an extension to the amount of characters you can have on one account/server but... I doubt it'll happen. Which really sucks. It put me off for a while when EG came out because I couldn't have accounts that had every class anymore. :/
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Sparkie said we'll get it early next year.

Here is the post: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21844651&postcount=11

Thank you for the information b:victory.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    btw, that "tidal" you guys were freaking about is actually an inferior copy of Soul of Retaliation. Can rest easy.

I'll be done in a bit.

Edit- Finished: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21862031&postcount=338

Note don't kill me if ****'s wonky or I did something wrong.

So basically this is going to have the stunning power of a BM, a not-as-good version of invoke, an anti-crit buff, much AoE power, Crit rate of a sin, and not one, but two AoE damage amps?

Rest in pieces PWI. As soon as this hits our version, dueces. Unless things get changed.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Going to try my hand at translating the patch notes: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20140916/73551.shtml
    Not much here we didn't already know but there are a few interesting bits

New Race:
    "Hazy" race with two new classes: "Night Shadow" and "Moon Fairy"

New starting area
    I think this is replacement for the old Origination one

New instance
    Desert-themed instance that is randomly generated
    Requires:
    1. 2nd awakening lvl 100
    2. Mirage Sky X ?
    3. Can enter 3 times a day
    4. 7 - 10 people

Boss drops materials to upgrade r8r gear

There is a baby version of this instance too:
    1. level 50+
    2. 6 player squad
    3. Boss drops materials to make low level gear (lvl 55-85)

Equipment Upgrades
    R8r, Morai gear, and Warsoul weapons can be upgraded

New Systems
    1) Skill learning window revamp with new interface
    2) New system to find teleport master easier
    3) New daily registration system. Can miss <= 3 days a month and get full credit. There are daily rewards too.
    4) Mounts can be upgraded to go underwater
    5) Advanced Cultivation conversion. I think it will allow you to switch cultivation and keep level 11 skills
    6) Quest NPCs can be selected from quest tracker without clicking on them
    7) Character creation has better camera controls
    8) Equipment comparison function (WOOOO!!!)
    9) Can click on URLs in chat now?
    10) Easier to see fashion colors
    11) Easier to enter 'complex characters' in chat
    12) New TW land, the one next to Misfortune

Quest Optimization
    1) Low level quests are made easier
    2) Low level cultivation has been simplified?
    3) Some new level 80+ daily
    4) New 8x and 9x BHs
    5) New quests in each race's main city
    6) level 28-105 quests have their XP buffed
    7) New quest reward interface
    8) Crazy stone buffed
    9) New daily for lvl 83-95
    10) Optimization for World Quest daily
    11) Learning manufacturing skills unchanged
    12) NPC locations in Archo and major cities have been adjusted
    13) XP increase for 'penglai' (Morai? Primal?)
    14) New teleporter in Mirrorflower ?

Interface Optimization
    1) New beginner guide
    2) Event Calendar filtering
    3) Better blacklist and shortcut key interface
    4) Keyboard map entry for the shortcut keys
    5) Better dressing room camera controls
    6) New switching menu (I hope this is for switching gear).
    7) Better shortcut bar lock control
    8) New aggressive mob indicator, can tell if mob will aggro
    9) Square minimap (if you have rotating minimap it will still be round)
    10) Better backpack interface with fashion
    11) More pictures for beginner guide
    12) Overhaul of the ingame encyclopedia

Other
    1) Revelation Potion can be used by assassins to increase awareness by 1 point (SURPRISE ANTI ARCHER - WANMEI CAN GO #$@# THEMSELVES)
    2) Cash shop update for new race
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Other
    1) Revelation Potion can be used by assassins to increase awareness by 1 point (SURPRISE ANTI ARCHER - WANMEI CAN GO #$@# THEMSELVES)

^ This
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • opkossy
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Other

I disagree with calling this anti-archer purely because of the nonsense that was two equal level sins in shadow escape being unable to ever see each other while everyone else could pop a detect pot to see them. Which made zero sense whatsoever considering sins got the whole passive detect/stealth level thing going on and so on. If it weren't for that oversight (seriously took them long enough to do something about that) then I'd probably agree with you. They've been crapping on archers enough as is anyways that I don't think we need to give them extra credit towards how much they seem to hate the class.

Edit: That aside, the rest looks interesting. I'm curious about some of these UI overhauls and looking forward to the 80+ quest revamps. Though I do wonder if they really needed to give the lowbie quests ANOTHER boost. They're simple and rewarding enough as is, IMO. Hopefully the square map fixes that obnoxious dead zone area to the lower left of the minimap.