Sep. 24, pw2 will be released in CN (official news), updating

Options

Comments

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    It's probably not a 3rd cast since R8R mats are only from trials on Chinese server (cmiiw), noone/faction barely has the time to do trials anymore with the new horizon expansion because the dailies are insanely time consuming and the market stock is really empty because of that.

I guess that's why they make an instance dedicated for farming R8R mats, but I hope I'm wrong I also want a R8 3rd Cast if there is any chance they think about f2p players to keep up, but the situation is like that on other regions than PWI, R8R mats cannot be made from supply tokens and extremely rare since new horizon.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Any news? b:surrender

Edit:
    Is there anyone who knows Chinese? Because tbh Google Translate kinda sucks. I think there is a good deal of information on this page;http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201408/2014show/index.htm. But ofc I'm not sure as I don't really understand anything.

I saw a few people who helped us to find and collect information about previous expansions before, but I don't see anyone around save for @attackerv this time :'(
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    It's probably not a 3rd cast since R8R mats are only from trials on Chinese server (cmiiw), noone/faction barely has the time to do trials anymore with the new horizon expansion because the dailies are insanely time consuming and the market stock is really empty because of that.

I guess that's why they make an instance dedicated for farming R8R mats

If it's so, what's the point? Isn't it easier to change old trials reward and mobs hp/simplify it to make it faster to do? Instead they make NEW instance? lol Like it would't require time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    Options

If it's so, what's the point? Isn't it easier to change old trials reward and mobs hp/simplify it to make it faster to do? Instead they make NEW instance? lol Like it would't require time.

They did increase the reward and they even include C cards in the random trial pack, but that wasn't enough, only very few factions still do it on a rarely basis, it's just hard to gather a lot of people to do trials, everyone is busy doing dailies from new horizon and leveling or botting or too busy irl.

Doing trials is one of the many ways people regularly do for achieving r8, but with FSP it's much much faster with it, 20 fsp koins equals to 3000 reputation points, while doing trials only gets 300 per trial. Do the math, ppl will prefer doing fsp for under an hour by gathering only 9 people to do a run, while for trials will need more than that, less reputation points with more time spent. >_<

Where will ppl get all the mats for recasting r8 equipments ? They still don't bother doing trials, ppl use Nirvana gears and Dragon Bloodstones from UCH to make R8 Recast gears. The problem is how ppl reroll their R8R gear stats, the mats only come from trials while almost noone interested doing it.

There are a lot of abandoned instances already in the game, like Nirvana, Hidden Dragon Den, etc, so it's not very surprising if they make a new one instead of revamping trials.
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Where will ppl get all the mats for recasting r8 equipments ? They still don't bother doing trials, ppl use Nirvana gears and Dragon Bloodstones from UCH to make R8 Recast gears. The problem is how ppl reroll their R8R gear stats, the mats only come from trials while almost noone interested doing it.

You make r8r mats with NW tokens. b:pleased
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Yea, we were talking about pw cn where r8r mats cannot be made from nw token so the update about new instance for farming r8r mats could be just old mats and not for r8 3rd cast.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hidden Dragon Den was closed so not technically abandoned, not by the players at least.

Still I'd find it weird if they just made an instance to farm R8r materials. Trials could be upgraded and made easier and increase the rewards even more..at least the first ones. Right now I agree Trials don't really offer much for the time it takes to complete them.

I'd really really want them to make a major upgrade to Trials because they were fun, they were a faction activity and it's just a shame :/
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hidden Dragon Den was closed so not technically abandoned, not by the players at least.

Still I'd find it weird if they just made an instance to farm R8r materials. Trials could be upgraded and made easier and increase the rewards even more..at least the first ones. Right now I agree Trials don't really offer much for the time it takes to complete them.

I'd really really want them to make a major upgrade to Trials because they were fun, they were a faction activity and it's just a shame :/

It's NW that pretty much did kill the trials, I think the CN doesn't have the same NW items than us in the forges, I don't know if they have the R8r mats or not, if not then maybe for them trials is still alive. Maybe the only way to farm R8r in CN is do run trials and getting the R8r mats you need in trials can be long since almost all R8r mats from trials now are bound and are random, it could explain why they created an other instance to farm R8r. For us it's useless, but maybe for them it's useful.

For our version they would either need to change the trials rewards for something way much better or to remove the R8r mats from the NW forges, but even then I doubt removing the R8r mats from the NW forges would bring back trials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Trials just got to be not worth the effort and drama to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    -snip-.

I was talking about PWCN only which supposedly can only farm R8rr materials through Trials, but most of them don't do it because it's time consuming and the rewards aren't that great anymore.

If Trials would get a good upgrade there, they might be worth running for us too... or they could give our version different rewards. I doubt that though. They could have made set 1 really easy/fast with increased rewards and have set 2 harder for those that want a challenge I think.

But whatever, nothing like that is gonna happen xD
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    R8r popular and wide spread on chinese server like g16 here,hundreds of catshops selling mats.
    On my chinese server gear piece cost about 42m and 165m for wep including crafting fee and if u buy all mats direct from catshops. Also i saw dragon blood stones if u make wep from them it cost about 110m. Canny 130k, Raps 1.2m, fsp coins 130k, C packs 255k. So dont think they need easier way to get r8r.
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    Options
    With the addition of the new race, I bet a lot of ppl will make one or both of the race class, if they like it they'll gear it up, R8 is easy now with FSP and more easier if having a lot of alts to do several runs, that would need a lot of r8 mats, maybe that's why a new instance for r8r mats is then added and coexist with trials so on a crowded server like CN server, they have more options whether to farm it instance-ly or with more mass in trials.

In the next ten days we'll all have our answers :D
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    dear devs that don't hear me plz make wizzy a nuke class again ty.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands
    Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

I strongly second that.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Let the voice speak. I totally +1 too
  • monmon1989
    monmon1989 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    For a PWI addict like me, this is great news!
  • DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    oh god this is same as 2 years ago pwi china gets another new race every1 posts on forum *we gunna get it* 1 year later we only got the nation war from it, and we did not even get the server nation war.

PWI China updates are not copied entirely to our version so these races might never come or come in 2 years... gettin hopes up bout them is pointless unless we see an update news from our version developers.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    oh god this is same as 2 years ago pwi china gets another new race every1 posts on forum *we gunna get it* 1 year later we only got the nation war from it, and we did not even get the server nation war.

PWI China updates are not copied entirely to our version so these races might never come or come in 2 years... gettin hopes up bout them is pointless unless we see an update news from our version developers.

Our CM already stated we will have it, they are hiring people for international and they're working on it so...
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

we are going to have this for the early 2015, confirmed.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

I bet the folks over at Misfortune "City" are 300% spooked (and possibly angry) about a new, inhabited continent suddenly showing up right next to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    All I want to know is if the new classes have horns (and tails).
  • harajuku91
    harajuku91 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    what about quest, do they give more exp and coins?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The test client is available but I don't see any patch. Does that mean we're gonna have to redownload the client? I hope this doesn't break the stuff I have to examine the content. They likely haven't had maintenance yet so if you download now you won't be able to connect until later.

Here is my post for anyone interested in playing on the PWCN test server
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hope this doesn't break the stuff I have to examine the content.

Eh, tools can be rewritten; it's not like nobody is available to do it.

I'd actually be kinda happy if it did, because that might indicate the stuff would be better organized. Client data is a complete mess in the current incarnation.

I'll download the test client and poke around at it when I get home tonight, but I'd imagine someone else will have beat me to it by then.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    While they're at it they should reskin r9rr weapons, too.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    Options

Not much area was added, only a small area near misfortune city.

What is that city map ? It kinda breaks their own concept if they start building new area separated from the world map especially if that's where the new race resides.

==

edit : My bad, it's probably a close up view of the new added portion of the world map.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The test client is available but I don't see any patch. Does that mean we're gonna have to redownload the client? I hope this doesn't break the stuff I have to examine the content. They likely haven't had maintenance yet so if you download now you won't be able to connect until later.

Here is my post for anyone interested in playing on the PWCN test server

This soon? weren't they supposed to get the update on the test client on the 17th?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm still sifting through this client and was able to extract the skill descriptions for the new classes. There doesn't seem to be any real change to other class skills.

Raw Chinese
    Partial Translation
    Full Machine Translation

This soon? weren't they supposed to get the update on the test client on the 17th?
    Gives people time to download an 8GB file.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ^Thanks, Asterelle b:thanks

One quick look at the mage class's passive skills and I can tell they are going to wield water and metal element. They also has a passive skill which reduces melee attacks! :O

They also have lots of status skills :o

Cool O.O

Well, tbh I figured out that they might use water element as they have a relationship with the moon and the moon = tides =water.

So excited about the map btw :3