Farming Money

Options
124»

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    2500 herbs per day mean 1250 clicks (at least) per day.
    If for each 2 herbs player must spent 10 seconds to dig them, then it mean 1250*10=12500 seconds =208 minutes =3.5 hours to dig (without waiting for respawn or to fly to herbs

Or, what (sadly) a lot of folk do: Automate this process on an alt. Plenty of bots who roam around in Momaganon/Lothranis to dig various herbs, at least on Morai. The fact that some folk can automate it means that for others who want to manually do it, the rewards aren't as good as they could be.

I've reported a few via the "report hacking" button but thus far no action has been taken on any of them. If you're into herb gathering/crafting, take this into account of you can get ahold of such a bot. Not allowed, but noone will punish you for it seemingly. *shrug*
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Or, what (sadly) a lot of folk do: Automate this process on an alt. Plenty of bots who roam around in Momaganon/Lothranis to dig various herbs, at least on Morai. The fact that some folk can automate it means that for others who want to manually do it, the rewards aren't as good as they could be.

I've reported a few via the "report hacking" button but thus far no action has been taken on any of them. If you're into herb gathering/crafting, take this into account of you can get ahold of such a bot. Not allowed, but noone will punish you for it seemingly. *shrug*

I had no idea you can automate the process on an alt. Still wont do it. I prefer gathering herbs with 1 char only while i listen to some music.
    giphy.gif

• Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

Exist method, how you can interrupt those bots or even really fast players at Momaganon:
    kill about 20-30 mobs in different respawn spots of herbs, then they will be forced to play.

I had AoEd them, then it was possible to spread mobs on each of such spots.

But in any case it is very boring to gather herbs.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Omg wow people please... Just because YOU are not dedicated enough to farm or merch r9rr, refines and gems, it does not mean NO ONE is dedicated enough to do that.

Remember that one month 2X we used to have during one summer? My friend spammed TT during that time to farm his r9, everything was on sale at that time so he got to buy his mogs and GSTs with more reasonable price. And well... we all know r9r and r9rr are the easy parts of the job. He did buy some EODs from me.

He does refines to +8 with aids then switches to orbs so that saves a bit as well, and he creates alts to get gems from reaching level 75 if I remember correctly. These gems are tradeable so he can give them to his main for combining purposes.

I personally merchant wanted items, farm TT, riun events and instances and sometimes simply farm mobs or herbs for coin. I believe I could make it easily in less than 2 years if I just was less lazy to do it. I have multiple alts and I do not use their coin for my barbarian, instead to improve those characters so if I'd choose other way results would be different, but I'm happy with things as they are now.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It does still exist, it comes on top when i type the name in google.

As i just explained, i spent all my merchanting capital now on making R9 for me and my buddy. (just a tiny bit remaining to recast the rings when i have enough supply tokens) I quit the merchanting and am soon to quit PWI so now i feel better about sharing this advise. But really warrenwolfy's guide is so much more godly than i ever realised before. I may be a bad reader or a stubborn student.

When i read it at the start of my merchanting i was like "yeah nice guide, theres a few good tips in it" But during my merchanting time i have learned many things from personal practice, and each and every time i then realised it was in his guide already. Maybe just 1 little sentence, maybe just an adjective even. Now i know that every single word in that guide is gold and you should read it with care to take them all in. Had i done that when i started playing PWI, i think what i did in 2 years could have been done in 1 year.

Are you quitting because the economy is so ****ed up right?
    Also there is indeed people spending 1000$ usd a week on this game.

Most if not all player that is R9r3+12 with full JoD these days is a cash shopper with current gold prices even merchandizing not good enough...

I am thinking of quitting too what is the point of making 500m a month if someone can just cash it for 100$ usd
    I feel like I am working to earn 100$ month lol

These days 500m can not get you far as it used to before.
    what advice can you give to survive this economy?
    Should I just say f it and just convert all my coins into gold even if price is expensive?
    or should i just hold the coins "till a miracle happens" and gold price go back to normal.

Also within a few months gold will reach the 4 million cap with the way things are going.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Are you quitting because the economy is so ****ed up right?

No, i quit for the following reasons:

-PWI is boring. making everything daily makes it feel like chore instead of a game.
    -PWI is adicting. (seems contrary to boring, but the addictive part is the arms race for equipment)
    -PWI is ran by massively imcompetent A-holes who do anything they want to squeeze out every last penny from the players on short term and disregard the negative results (unhappy players) for the long run.
    -Im gonna travel in oktober. Perfect time to end this stupidity of an addiction to a boring game ran by A-holes.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • jwillson123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    No, i quit for the following reasons:

-PWI is boring. making everything daily makes it feel like chore instead of a game.
    -PWI is adicting. (seems contrary to boring, but the addictive part is the arms race for equipment)
    -PWI is ran by massively imcompetent A-holes who do anything they want to squeeze out every last penny from the players on short term and disregard the negative results (unhappy players) for the long run.
    -Im gonna travel in oktober. Perfect time to end this stupidity of an addiction to a boring game ran by A-holes.

Yes doing dailies and bh is such a bore...
    I stopped doing BH and daily quest. It is so boring doing same thing everyday I do not know how some people been doing them for over 5 years and in multiple accounts...

I do not enjoy playing pwi and yes is addicting because if i do not play it for a day I regret it later because I lose possible coins.

Well about pwi staff I can not comment much. For me they just a marketing staff with no control what so ever that they just do China will and the only thing they care and do is market, sell items and translate the game...

-_- I canceled my summer vacation for this stupid game I am regretting it so much...

only 80 days and I quit and never play a MMO again.
    I regret coming back in february after having stopped playing since 2012.
    I came because I was depressed and wanted to escape but now I am not depressed anymore and playing pwi makes me feel depressed instead...
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @Gaykamitarie: Read back on your posts. You asked in the start how to farm r9. Now you are talking about r9 3rd cast+12. Get your story straight first. Those two objectives are different in terms of money. The latter takes 6~12 months extra if you don't get r9 when you get the money to use for further investment.

If you read warrenwolfy's guide, you will understand, getting coins for r9 or r9 3rd cast puts you in the "Type V merchanting" category. Those people who reach type V, have a much bigger base to work with, they understand their niche/s quite well.

From what i read earlier, you seem to have joined the game recently and are not willing to try out new things because you are hesitant. Get over it and start playing. If you think 3-x is the only money making tt, you really need to read up on things.

As i said before, just read, and try things out. Had i played like you did, i would never get the gear i have. I did not solo my tt, i went with people where i tanked things with the help of the whole squad in mold gear. Check the bm forums to see what gear i came from. Lots of people have told you how to get r9 in 5~12 months, but as i said, read it, and do it. If you want r9 3rd cast+12, add another 6~15 months.

To give you an idea of type V merchanting. Start with 300m, after four months, you will have 1.2b, another four months, that will be 3b. Another four months that will be 9b. That is one year gone and you have 9b coins starting from 300m.

R9 = 3b coins roughly these days. If you want to +12 the gear, don't get r9 after year end, invest 9b again for another 5 months, get 16b coins. Now you can get r9 = 3b, +1 to +12 = 11b, that is 14b spent, and you have 5b left. Merch with 5b, and by end of 2nd year, you can be +12 josd. Merch another 6~12 months, you can get S card sets maxed out. 1~3 years is the time frame to max out your character. If you start now, 3 years from now, the current character will be old news, but you won't be an archaic dust tool as compared to r8.

This game has been around for way before, i just learned the type V merchanting a year and a half ago. I am behind others in maxing out, but you have to start somewhere.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I am one of the lonely players that fully farmed their gears (currently full r9 full +11, weap +12, 24 vit stones, max nw gear cept for the tome(cuz its the least useful item to get).

Ok granted. I once charged 50 bucks of gold on this server to kinda compansate an extreme refining loss. Otherwise I can't see any viable reason to charge oins in this game.

Ok granted as well. I started this char on the same day as the server went online. Being an experienced player for almost 3 years even before that server went online I naturally had quite the advantage over the new guys (especially germans are so dumb and naive on their first MMO attempt^^)

So I made some redicolous amazing deals (e.g. 1m coins for 2x Cit gems, 3x Garnet Gems and a Saph gem on day 1, or 100k for 50 Gold (yes 100k for the whole of the 50 golds xDD)) and alot more of that.

But tbh, that was just the icing on the take. Since then I farmed the hell outta everything. Farmed my way from tt1-1 up to 3-3 with a steady raise of gears.

My first tt2-2 took over 2 hours. And sometimes I ran over 6-7 runs a day (that would be impossible atm, cept for weekends).

I never merched a thing in my whole playing time. That means I'm one of the rare beings that are fully farmed. Looking back at things...the advantages I got from those deals really are kinda neglicable cuz the profit i gained from all of them was good, but not amazing.

So you see, it's all about the effort you put into something. Anyone can still achieve what I did. But it takes you years to achieve soemthing like this completely charge-less or with minimum cashing.

If anyone wants fast money in this game there is no way around charging for zen.

Currently I'm doing BH and FSP. Then I set up my bots and log out. ~25m daily. Rest of the day it's working, sports and teso time. If it stays like that and we do get a neat little x2 during my vacation then I will be full +12 with an emperor at years end. For a single hour of work in PWI each day. Well. I farmed a whole freaking lot and now it's time to reap the fruits of my work.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • jwillson123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I am one of the lonely players that fully farmed their gears (currently full r9 full +11, weap +12, 24 vit stones, max nw gear cept for the tome(cuz its the least useful item to get).

Ok granted. I once charged 50 bucks of gold on this server to kinda compansate an extreme refining loss. Otherwise I can't see any viable reason to charge oins in this game.

Ok granted as well. I started this char on the same day as the server went online. Being an experienced player for almost 3 years even before that server went online I naturally had quite the advantage over the new guys (especially germans are so dumb and naive on their first MMO attempt^^)

So I made some redicolous amazing deals (e.g. 1m coins for 2x Cit gems, 3x Garnet Gems and a Saph gem on day 1, or 100k for 50 Gold (yes 100k for the whole of the 50 golds xDD)) and alot more of that.

But tbh, that was just the icing on the take. Since then I farmed the hell outta everything. Farmed my way from tt1-1 up to 3-3 with a steady raise of gears.

My first tt2-2 took over 2 hours. And sometimes I ran over 6-7 runs a day (that would be impossible atm, cept for weekends).

I never merched a thing in my whole playing time. That means I'm one of the rare beings that are fully farmed. Looking back at things...the advantages I got from those deals really are kinda neglicable cuz the profit i gained from all of them was good, but not amazing.

So you see, it's all about the effort you put into something. Anyone can still achieve what I did. But it takes you years to achieve soemthing like this completely charge-less or with minimum cashing.

If anyone wants fast money in this game there is no way around charging for zen.

Currently I'm doing BH and FSP. Then I set up my bots and log out. ~25m daily. Rest of the day it's working, sports and teso time. If it stays like that and we do get a neat little x2 during my vacation then I will be full +12 with an emperor at years end. For a single hour of work in PWI each day. Well. I farmed a whole freaking lot and now it's time to reap the fruits of my work.

Your story is nice and all but if you started playing from now you would not have same success.
    I am sure you farmed all your R9 during nirvana farming era and made a lotttt of coins during the TT era where people could farm 10m+ per hour.

With current economy and gold prices farming does not even bring 1/3 that it used to do before.
    During this time farming for 1 hour in TT can only get you a single gold or two....
    Before it could get you at least 3 to 5 gold per hour.

Thanks to auto culti it has messed up farmers ability to get gold.
  • bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Your story is nice and all but if you started playing from now you would not have same success.
    I am sure you farmed all your R9 during nirvana farming era and made a lotttt of coins during the TT era where people could farm 10m+ per hour.

With current economy and gold prices farming does not even bring 1/3 that it used to do before.
    During this time farming for 1 hour in TT can only get you a single gold or two....
    Before it could get you at least 3 to 5 gold per hour.

Thanks to auto culti it has messed up farmers ability to get gold.

You camed with auto culti thing even here? Jesus!
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yes doing dailies and bh is such a bore...
    I stopped doing BH and daily quest. It is so boring doing same thing everyday I do not know how some people been doing them for over 5 years and in multiple accounts...

I do not enjoy playing pwi and yes is addicting because if i do not play it for a day I regret it later because I lose possible coins.

Well about pwi staff I can not comment much. For me they just a marketing staff with no control what so ever that they just do China will and the only thing they care and do is market, sell items and translate the game...

-_- I canceled my summer vacation for this stupid game I am regretting it so much...

only 80 days and I quit and never play a MMO again.
    I regret coming back in february after having stopped playing since 2012.
    I came because I was depressed and wanted to escape but now I am not depressed anymore and playing pwi makes me feel depressed instead...

I dont understand players like you acting like someone holding a gun pointed to your head and forcing you to play the game. Ppl like you always complain about everything. Just play the game and enjoi for what it is. I know the game has problems, but hey we talk here about wanmei, not EA or Blizzard.And I'm sure even them have unsatisfied clients that play their games.You say doing daily is boring. You know damn well it was even more boring wen it was only morai and oht daily. Things are better now since we have primal daily and FSP, UCH.
    If PW depresing you why do something that depressing you? Are you ****?
    giphy.gif

• jwillson123
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You camed with auto culti thing even here? Jesus!
    The Quote below answer your question :)

I dont understand players like you acting like someone holding a gun pointed to your head and forcing you to play the game. Ppl like you always complain about everything. Just play the game and enjoi for what it is. I know the game has problems, but hey we talk here about wanmei, not EA or Blizzard.And I'm sure even them have unsatisfied clients that play their games.You say doing daily is boring. You know damn well it was even more boring wen it was only morai and oht daily. Things are better now since we have primal daily and FSP, UCH.
    If PW depresing you why do something that depressing you? Are you ****?

I guess you are right I been **** lol but real reason is I set a goal I want to accomplish before I quit the game.
    Things are not better adding new quest to do the exact same thing everyday it just make the game more boring.
    Unless you the type that like doing same thing everyday....
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I dont understand players like you acting like someone holding a gun pointed to your head and forcing you to play the game.

Its like using heroine. The first few times its a choice. After years its not a choice anymore.
    The feeling of being OP and kick-*** keep pulling you back. (or maybe being pretty/fluffy for others b:chuckle)
    All the time and effort you already put into it makes it hard to leave it all behind.
    All the friends you made in game made it hard to leave it all behind.

That is what addiction is. It keeps you doing things you dont really enjoy. And i am sure that many players experience this if not the majority. Yes its like drugs, only worse.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    jbjet123 wrote: »
    Im playing pwi for a long time, and i cant find out how people farming thair r9's and gear,
    they keep saying bh's and nw's
    my bh's give socket / chips
    and nw are twice a week,
    anyone got an idea how i can get / farm money?
    b:surrender

Farming to get R9, are you kidding? With coin to gold conversion prices now it is far reaching. When PWI stops farming players for RLM (real life money) and put this game back to a reasonable balance based on in-game efforts and not money then maybe it can be done in a reasonable time.

I believe the R9 players should be sent to their own server or at least to their own instance so that T3 rules supreme here once again. But still T3 can be expensive too but not out of reach for game support players.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll