erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Nyxsa - Heaven's Tear

My latest favorite combo :)
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • Healsweety - Sanctuary
    Healsweety - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    http://i57.tinypic.com/iqwozb.jpg

Charater: HealSweety
    Server: Sancuary
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

On 7/2/14, we will close this thread off, and allow you, the community, to vote for your favorite Top 15. From there, we the staff will choose the top 5.

We've had a Facebook Fashion Contest for Morai server not too long ago and it ended up with certain people buying the "Likes" ingame (1mil per like), surprise to all that person also won the contest. How will you counter such bribery in this event?

Anyhoo:
    My entry. Verenor - Morai
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    We've had a Facebook Fashion Contest for Morai server not too long ago and it ended up with certain people buying the "Likes" ingame (1mil per like), surprise to all that person also won the contest. How will you counter such bribery in this event?

Wow that's ridiculous. But fortunately, this won't happen to us, since the final 5 winners will be decided by the staff, out of 15 people who will be chosen by the community.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Wow that's ridiculous. But fortunately, this won't happen to us, since the final 5 winners will be decided by the staff, out of 15 people who will be chosen by the community.

They can still buy their way into the top 15 and get 1/3rd chance on the rewards. It would be up to the staff to figure out who of them spammed Worldchat on their server with buying votes, and I somehow doubt PWI would go to such lengths for a fashion contest b:surrender
  • ReIay - Archosaur
    ReIay - Archosaur Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Here's my entry.
    Argentavia - Archosaur
  • MysticalAub - Heavens Tear
    MysticalAub - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MysticalAub-102/102/102 Demon Mystic
    Aubzy-101/101/102 Demon Cleric
    xlmaginaryx- 101/101/101 Demon Wizard
    Aubz- 101/101 Demon Veno
    XxXAubreyXxX- 101 Demon Blademaster
  • BreezeD - Raging Tide
    BreezeD - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Pic

BreezeD - Raging Tide
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    jaimelie wrote: »
    I'm cheating or ruining the contest because I addressed an issue that I foresee being a problem in the contest? You obviously didn't sense my sarcasm or understand my point. If I really wanted to "cheat," I would have already posted a screenshot by now. (Check my 2 forum postings, if you really care that much). I don't even plan on participating in this contest.

Let's be clear: my statement with, "if it's allowed.." was a sarcastic remark I made to reflect someone's thought if they were to circumvent the rules of the contest, NOT my actions. Do I think pack fashion will automatically win? Not one bit. I wouldn't even vote for someone with pack fashion, unless they mixed pieces incredibly well. There's no sense for me bringing up a possible problem I had with the contest rules on the forums, and then make a statement afterwards to do said problem.

Anyways, I agree that it would be a hassle to find a person's fashion you like and take a screenshot of it. However, the rules never indicated you needed a pose in the screenshot. With the amounts of people that afk in a city or elsewhere, it's not hard to take a quick screenie of someone just standing there. Photoshop seems like more of a hassle than finding afk people, unless you're pro at editing. Though I don't think 10 gold is worth the time or effort in editing said abuser's name above someone else's character. On the otherhand, taking a screenshot of a random person without needing proof of the character's identity takes seconds.

Employees with the happy-go-lucky attitude about freebies is why PWI is infamous for you know what. I'm not against this contest in any way or trying to abuse it. I'm just trying to bring up issues I believe could be manipulated in a greedy person's favor. Looking through the screenshots, a lot of people do have their character's names above their head anyways. I know this rule probably won't be enforced, but I just wanted this contest to run flawlessly and not be cheated.

On topic: Good luck to all the contenders! b:cute

Was just saying that u and other person gave bad ideas. I just hope no1 will actually use entry SS from other person char as his/her own..or make perfect fash match in private server

They can still buy their way into the top 15 and get 1/3rd chance on the rewards. It would be up to the staff to figure out who of them spammed Worldchat on their server with buying votes, and I somehow doubt PWI would go to such lengths for a fashion contest
    hope no1 will buy ppl votes either- ruins all fun D: but if they do ;O
    Who ever starts buying votes should be DQ'd o.o
  • _Krissz_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krissz_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

hope no1 will buy ppl votes either- ruins all fun D: but if they do ;O
    Who ever starts buying votes should be DQ'd o.o
    If that happens, screenshots would be a good way to prove it and reason out a disqualification.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Livyana - Sanctuary
    Livyana - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Livyana - Sanctuary server

http://imgur.com/msfAqRM
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It would be up to the staff to figure out who of them spammed Worldchat on their server with buying votes, and I somehow doubt PWI would go to such lengths for a fashion contest b:surrender

World chatting doesn't mean necessary buying votes it's call PR, if someone is the only one of his server getting in the top 15 then I see nothing wrong if the person world chat encouraging people from his server to vote his/her character. I'm pretty sure anyone in the top 15 will ask friends/faction to go vote for them it's just how it is.

Also if someone need to buy votes then I feel sorry for that person and it will be easy to see.

I suggest to the GM to make the voting public to be sure some people do not use multiple accounts to vote for themselves or someone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Verenor - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    World chatting doesn't mean necessary buying votes it's call PR, if someone is the only one of his server getting in the top 15 then I see nothing wrong if the person world chat encouraging people from his server to vote his/her character. I'm pretty sure anyone in the top 15 will ask friends/faction to go vote for them it's just how it is.

Also if someone need to buy votes then I feel sorry for that person and it will be easy to see.

I suggest to the GM to make the voting public to be sure some people do not use multiple accounts to vote for themselves or someone.

it ended up with certain people buying the "Likes" ingame (1mil per like),

^That is not PR and yes, they are pathetic for doing so. Luckily now we have a thread with the topic so posting screenshots of those people will hopefully be possible without those posts being deleted for "shaming" reasons.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ^That is not PR and yes, they are pathetic for doing so. Luckily now we have a thread with the topic so posting screenshots of those people will hopefully be possible without those posts being deleted for "shaming" reasons.

Nah. Just send the screens via PM if you see it to one of the mods or sparkie.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Linyela - Heavens Tear
    Linyela - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • HarIeyQ - Archosaur
    HarIeyQ - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Here's my entry
    Char: HarIeyQ - Archosaur
  • XMickie - Sanctuary
    XMickie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    MikoTenshi
    Sanctuary

Clickie Here for Pic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Silvychar. Her super pro siggys <3. b:pleased
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    edited June 2014
    Options

Out of context sorry, but I like the weapon looks. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Byakko - Lost City
    Byakko - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    --->X<---

Byakko - Lost City
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Out of context sorry, but I like the weapon looks. =3

=o I dun understand b:cry
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mr entry

MrPuLsE, Archosaur

PAPA PULSE DONT MAKE ME UPLOAD A PIC YOOOO i dont wanna make you lose b:laugh
  • BloodyMorgan - Dreamweaver
    BloodyMorgan - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    BloodyMorgan - Dreamweaver
    my entry :3
  • SirensTears - Archosaur
    SirensTears - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • Shyndrana - Heavens Tear
    Shyndrana - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User