New big updated release of pwcn today

Options

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So you can buy a boutique item that lets you auto complete all your dailies... lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrjcENeBUg#t=102
    O_o something good at last. I hope it won't cost too much.

And what do you call gameplay, guys? Boring dailies over and over again? Come, 1shot mobs, leave. Repeat next day - such an exciting gameplay b:laugh You can continue doing them, if you enjoy. But I'd better skip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And here I thought we couldn't reduce the actual gameplay any more ...

Why don't they just make blood tradables... -sigh-
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Maybe they bring Light of Glory back to PWI again for free (timed) items
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And here I thought we couldn't reduce the actual gameplay any more ...
    see the good thing is you arent forced to use it b:laugh

only those who WANT to can b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    see the good thing is you arent forced to use it b:laugh

only those who WANT to can b:dirty

Aren't you supposed to be playing Progress Quest for me, Decep?

FINISH LEVELING ME UP! b:angry
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Aren't you supposed to be playing Progress Quest for me, Decep?

FINISH LEVELING ME UP! b:angry
    oh god its too slow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Anything new?
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    so its confirmed there will be NO rb3?
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    im curious too, any news on it more? or more detail
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    As far as I understood there will be some new levels for defense passive skills but without having to reawaken once more.
    No RB3 seems to have been announced in China so far.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So you can buy a boutique item that lets you auto complete all your dailies... lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrjcENeBUg#t=102

I don't mean to be a negative ***** here....

But this is kinda why I've ceased playing. Look around the forums and you'll find people complaining about the economy, and actually play the game and you'll find people complaining the sheer amount of time spent doing dailies (mind you, even if you don't feel it's that long, it's the sheer inconvenience of feeling obligated to log in for ~1-2 hours to take care of some chores in what's supposed to be a GAME that gets to some people), not to mention those same exact dailies have a secondary function of making new players and alts absolutely worthless in combat for a very, VERY long time.

I was less active lately because for me, this was a point where PWI is either going to attempt to repair it's problems OR truly does not care about this game anymore, wishes to move on and thus any updates provided are solely in the interest of making profit. If the latter is the case, then I've no interest in investing at least an hour a day in a game that isn't built to last, isn't even fun (the dailies are just tedious) and and isn't going to be around "much longer" (mind you the game could last another two years, though the population might noticeably suffer to the point where things get very dull).

UNLESS there's something we're not seeing and this has an economy fix somewhere in there or the dailies are somehow made easier (without CSing. CSing to make them easier kinda reinforces the idea the game is being milked for profit on it's last legs) or cards are suddenly super common so that everyone can reasonably obtain a Nuema Portal set (such an update would provide people with quick progress, which is entertaining. The slow and tedious progress now feels like a chore, comparatively), then to me...?

Sad to say and sorry to say, but I fear this update is just evidence that there's not really a plan to fix the issues we're seeing these days. The game is suffering to an extent due to tedious quests and an unstable economy, and PWI's response is to continue the usage of tedious dailies and do nothing to address the economy all while flaunting fancy new CS items to get rid of the daily woes! I mean, the Vitae and spirit amounts on this last leg of Primal dailies is truly staggering, and basically forces EVERY player who was happy to be done with all dailies - save for FSP - to go back and start doing those all over again.

I'm probably going to quit full-on if this is all the update has to offer. Think of me like an investor; I've no interest in investing my precious time into a game that no longer feels built to last. I'd advise others to put the same consideration into the game. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to be realistic.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

I don't mean to be a negative ***** here....

But this is kinda why I've ceased playing. Look around the forums and you'll find people complaining about the economy, and actually play the game and you'll find people complaining the sheer amount of time spent doing dailies (mind you, even if you don't feel it's that long, it's the sheer inconvenience of feeling obligated to log in for ~1-2 hours to take care of some chores in what's supposed to be a

GAME

that gets to some people), not to mention those same exact dailies have a secondary function of making new players and alts absolutely worthless in combat for a very, VERY long time.

I was less active lately because for me, this was a point where PWI is either going to attempt to repair it's problems OR truly does not care about this game anymore, wishes to move on and thus any updates provided are solely in the interest of making profit. If the latter is the case, then I've no interest in investing at least an hour a day in a game that isn't built to last, isn't even fun (the dailies are just tedious) and and isn't going to be around "much longer" (mind you the game could last another two years, though the population might noticeably suffer to the point where things get very dull).

UNLESS there's something we're not seeing and this has an economy fix somewhere in there or the dailies are somehow made easier (without CSing. CSing to make them easier kinda reinforces the idea the game is being milked for profit on it's last legs) or cards are suddenly super common so that everyone can reasonably obtain a Nuema Portal set (such an update would provide people with quick progress, which is entertaining. The slow and tedious progress now feels like a chore, comparatively), then to me...?

Sad to say and sorry to say, but I fear this update is just evidence that there's not really a plan to fix the issues we're seeing these days. The game is suffering to an extent due to tedious quests and an unstable economy, and PWI's response is to continue the usage of tedious dailies and do nothing to address the economy all while flaunting fancy new CS items to get rid of the daily woes! I mean, the Vitae and spirit amounts on this last leg of Primal dailies is truly staggering, and basically forces EVERY player who was happy to be done with all dailies - save for FSP - to go back and start doing those all over again.

I'm probably going to quit full-on if this is all the update has to offer. Think of me like an investor; I've no interest in investing my precious time into a game that no longer feels built to last. I'd advise others to put the same consideration into the game. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to be realistic.
    This looks like a NECRO!

Longknife - Harshlands replied to a message that was 2 months 1 day 2 hours 21 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This looks like a NECRO!

Longknife - Harshlands replied to a message that was 2 months 1 day 2 hours 21 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)

Oh **** Sweetiebot, it's relevant NOW, not that your computer brain would know anything about cognitive thought.

Ya I went there *****, what you gonna do about it?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

you get a 50% debuff that will be applied on the 20000 value cause unfortunately debuffs work like this (and this is where in my opinion PWI should intervene and apply a rework, since defense passives are indeed a passive buff)

so from 36000 your resistance will be lowered to 26000 that is roughly 86% damage reduction

the damage you will receive after the debuff will be 987 ( 705 : 10 = x : 14)

a 50% debuff will result in roughly 30% more damage output ( 705 to 987 )

Sorry, a noob question - but why will it apply to 20000 and not to 36000 resistance the character has with lvl 10 defense passive?
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sorry, a noob question - but why will it apply to 20000 and not to 36000 resistance the character has with lvl 10 defense passive?

Because debuffs only affects base stats, such as the 20000. The 36000 is the "buffed" stats with passives. The whole complaint is that it affects the 20k and not the 36k as would make debuffs more useful (as you can see, debuffing is becoming quite a joke)
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Because debuffs only affects base stats, such as the 20000. The 36000 is the "buffed" stats with passives. The whole complaint is that it affects the 20k and not the 36k as would make debuffs more useful (as you can see, debuffing is becoming quite a joke)

Oh, thank you for the explanation! I somehow thought damage is applied to passive buffs not just base stats. My mistake, I will remember it now.
    Does it work only in PvP or bosses also debuff my base stats only?
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    this is solely a pvp problem not pve. Moreover this problem is more specifically for wizzys because we are a base stat buff and debuff based class (seekers for instance debuff defense levels therefore they arent affected by these passive buffs and certain debuffs like the p def debuff from venos literally make the stat 0). This is the reason why wizards are essentially a joke now because we do no damage compared to what we should be doing.

#GiveWizzysTheTlcTheyDeserve
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    this is solely a pvp problem not pve. Moreover this problem is more specifically for wizzys because we are a base stat buff and debuff based class (seekers for instance debuff defense levels therefore they arent affected by these passive buffs and certain debuffs like the p def debuff from venos literally make the stat 0). This is the reason why wizards are essentially a joke now because we do no damage compared to what we should be doing.

Correction on your Seeker statement. Their skill "Ion Spike" debuffs metal resistance and thus this skill should become nearly useless now for the same reasons you gave for Wizzies... unless I'm missing something ?
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options

Oh my! I am confused now. b:surrender So you mean those classes which get buffs as passive skills will loose more power than those classes which have debuffs applied for base stats not buffed ones?
    What about sins then? They have both buffs and debuffs.
    Brrr... I know I look stupid but I want to understand it, I don't have much experience in PvP.
  • sobat
    sobat Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    new faction pvp event, Wed or Thurday (random) , 20:00-21:00

An other event at 5 AM at mine time (EU)

b:angryb:cryb:angry
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    sobat wrote: »
    new faction pvp event, Wed or Thurday (random) , 20:00-21:00

An other event at 5 AM at mine time (EU)

b:angryb:cryb:angry

I actually asked about this inconvenience to the GM and the short answer is: ** yourself xD

They won't help those being on US servers, even if we had no choice back then, or whatever.

So we can just stop the QQ and keep doing what we can... Sadly, really sadly, but that's about it
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I actually asked about this inconvenience to the GM and the short answer is: ** yourself xD

They won't help those being on US servers, even if we had no choice back then, or whatever.

So we can just stop the QQ and keep doing what we can... Sadly, really sadly, but that's about it

It is sad this is the case, but this version of the game was originally marketed for the North American market. This would have been the same case for us in North America wanting to play a game marketed in the UK.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    New flyers
    Untamed

I don't understand what it's supposed to be aside from maybe a drunken Dr. Seus creature? *amusement, sort of*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It looks like some kind of floating flower/plant thingy, to me.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    more events at times i cant join yay....

whats the point of playing a game if they give u items to do your dailies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercandy
    buttercandy Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

I don't understand what it's supposed to be aside from maybe a drunken Dr. Seus creature? *amusement, sort of*

That flying mount is a lotus blossom. In the Chinese culture/Buddhism, it symbolizes purity and enlightenment. That mount is the same as the thingy that the bhuddist diety Guan Yin rides on like seen in this photo: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_Yin#mediaviewer/Archivo:Guan_yin_100.jpg

It looks really awesome and majestic, probably the best looking out of all the new class flyers coming out. That photo just showed it from a crappy angle.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    That flying mount is a lotus blossom. In the Chinese culture/Buddhism, it symbolizes purity and enlightenment. That mount is the same as the thingy that the bhuddist diety Guan Yin rides on like seen in this photo: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guan_Yin#mediaviewer/Archivo:Guan_yin_100.jpg

It looks really awesome and majestic, probably the best looking out of all the new class flyers coming out. That photo just showed it from a crappy angle.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the information. I guess it's pretty cool but I'm gonna stick to the giant bird flyers b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

It's just another *** Untamed FLyer...

We're supposed to be Flying with BEASTS... no ****ing Smurfs
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It's just another *** Untamed FLyer...

We're supposed to be Flying with BEASTS... no ****ing Smurfs

Your opinion has been noted and discarded.

Venos are untamed too... and by the class description they're the ones doing the taming anyways. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)