New big updated release of pwcn today

Options

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The only game I know that has player gear stronger than the whole game thus making this game so boring at times.

dailies dailies dailies...no more awesome goals really.

sad

If you think this is the only game with that problem, you haven't seen enough games.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Nothing PW adds nowdays can create any excitement or expectation anymore. I'm profoundly disappointed.

^

I just cant anymore tbh.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Looking at the patch files:

No new skill updates.
    No new gear / avatars
    29 new titles (cant tell which are actually available)
    3rd sky level released maxes out at 444 spirit up from 219, last level takes 31k vitae
    They unlocked or are preparing to unlock Nuema Tier 6 and Tier 7 (7000 / 9900 nuema needed, tier 7 stats = 1.6 * tier 5 stats)
    5 more history advancement phases to unlock the new area Map
    some new instance?
    Of course silly looking fashion weapons - AK47 / Ping Pong Paddle, Baseball glove, other ****

So back to the dailies we go...but uhh nuema..that thing is boring as hell

The weapon fashion is silly indeed but the star and riceball seems cool.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    How long does it usually take for stuff to come from china to the western world ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    How long does it usually take for stuff to come from china to the western world ?

weve gotten updates ranging between 1 week later, 6 months later, and some things weve never gotten that they have
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

seems they are back in bussiness :D.

original version

bing version

google version

enjoy :D
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So you want to increase skill damage & crits, leave debuffs the same, and nerf defense passives?

Skill damage + crits increase proportionately (or close enough) to offset the debuff : defense passive.

nono this is a common belief and mistake

you have to consider the asymptotic curve trend of how damage reduction scales with physical and elemental resistances

i give you an example to explain how resistances work with debuffs and why debuffs should be reworked:

you take 1000 damage having now 20000 resistance value for 83% damage reduction,

you get a 50% debuff your resistance gets halved down to 10000 value for 70% damage reduction, the damage you will take will be 1765 ( 17 : 1000 = 30 : x )

a 50% debuff will've resulted in 70% more damage output (1000 to 1700)

______________________________________________________________________________

now that 1000 damage you were taking,
    after you get the lvl 10 defense passives your resistance went now from 20000 to 36000 for 90% damage reduction,
    damage will be down to 588 (1000: 17 = x: 10 ) and that damage will be amped by lvl 10 skill passive of the enemy = 20% skill passive = 705

you get a 50% debuff that will be applied on the 20000 value cause unfortunately debuffs work like this (and this is where in my opinion PWI should intervene and apply a rework, since defense passives are indeed a passive buff)

so from 36000 your resistance will be lowered to 26000 that is roughly 86% damage reduction

the damage you will receive after the debuff will be 987 ( 705 : 10 = x : 14)

a 50% debuff will result in roughly 30% more damage output ( 705 to 987 )

_____________________________________________________________________________

at the end you will be dealing on the debuffed target less to almost the same damage than what you were dealing on the non-debuffed target pre-NH passives

and you will deal almost HALF of the damage you was dealing on the target after the debuff is applied respect the same scenario pre-NH

and this works if the target is purged, if the target has more buffs, the debuff consistency is even more negligible

forgot to add that if this applies to wizard debuffs,

the same **** applies to your QPQd fortify, or to any other class debuff

there are lot of classes with 20% , 30% debuff skills

all those skills like thunder shock, devour, undine strike, primal ironwood scarab, tangling mires, cleric seals will be useless after lvl 10 passives

if they wont rework the debuff mechanic...

imo the debuff should be applied everytime on the global resistance value and not on the original gear value...

or just boost every each debuff skill to all the classes
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Source: http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20140506/72982.shtml
    I'll see what I can dig up and update this post later. A 3rd sky level suggests a 3rd rebirth and probably new skills?

EDIT1: Patch link for test server: http://md2.w2i.com.cn/w2itiyan/patch/ec_patch_1513-1546.cup 433MB
    EDIT2:
    Looking at the patch files:

No new skill updates.
    No new gear / avatars
    29 new titles (cant tell which are actually available)
    3rd sky level released maxes out at 444 spirit up from 219, last level takes 31k vitae
    They unlocked or are preparing to unlock Nuema Tier 6 and Tier 7 (7000 / 9900 nuema needed, tier 7 stats = 1.6 * tier 5 stats)
    5 more history advancement phases to unlock the new area Map
    some new instance?
    Of course silly looking fashion weapons - AK47 / Ping Pong Paddle, Baseball glove, other ****

Based on the title of that map, about some all female society underwater palace (although the term mermaids wasn't used) We could be seeing our first underwater instance. It's going to be a daily quest to get some item from it for a daily reward.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options

all those skills like thunder shock, devour, undine strike, primal ironwood scarab, tangling mires, cleric seals will be useless after lvl 10 passives

imo the debuff should be applied everytime on the global resistance value and not on the original gear value...

I think I'm gonna regret giving up Demon Ironwood for Redstone if it keeps going like this >.>; oh well, whatever.

I like the passives and everything since we're getting more ways of increasing our attacks, it makes sense that we're also getting ways of increasing our defence however...
    I don't particularly like the way this is going. This may be my personal opinion but I really like the debuff/amps part of the game and I wouldn't want them to lose their value (well the amps are safe from this).
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I think I'm gonna regret giving up Demon Ironwood for Redstone if it keeps going like this >.>; oh well, whatever.

Don't need to say this to you of all venos but imo Demon Ironwood = gg skill, hands down best debuff in the game (when it procs), personally I would switch cultivations and relearn all demon skills just to get that back, but that's me..

Especially in these times due to passives where all debuffs like spark got 'nerfed' this is the one untouchable debuff because it plain and simple reduces targets pdef to 0. i.e. one shot
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    any news/info about the direct-buy option for war avatars?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    all those skills like...primal ironwood scarab... will be useless after lvl 10 passives

I'm so glad I decided to keep my natural demon ironwood...
    It's possible to get it back if you switch culti to sage. lose it and go demon again, I suppose, with nowadays skills prices it will be less expensive than before. It's mostly summer sprint and stun which are harder to get, debuffs are 10m each, though you would need some patience to get them all again b:sweat

I didn't try it though, but theoretically should work xd

But it's more 1v1 skill which is good for veno personally first of all, if you are not a fan of 1v1, there is nothing much to regret, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    slamstone wrote: »

seems they are back in bussiness :D.

original version

bing version

google version

enjoy :D

I see card packs as the reward for that dungeon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Don't need to say this to you of all venos but imo Demon Ironwood = gg skill, hands down best debuff in the game (when it procs), personally I would switch cultivations and relearn all demon skills just to get that back, but that's me..

Especially in these times due to passives where all debuffs like spark got 'nerfed' this is the one untouchable debuff because it plain and simple reduces targets pdef to 0. i.e. one shot

i believe demon ironwood will be the only debuff worth to be landed, cause it will set the target phys resistance to a flat value ( 0 )

all the other debuffs will be negligible, even my 155 dex spark

if debuffs mechanic wont be reworkd it will be even more a game of amps, spamming ep-frenzy genies (if already we are at this point, arent we? )

and all the debuffs skills will soon be removed from the skill bars,
    cause f.e.:

undine strike 1 sec chan + 1 sec cast = 60% ele debuff

after lvl 10 primals it will be nerfd to 20% ele debuff = negligible

therefore in that 2 seconds its instead more convenient to land a damage skill that will have better returns damage-wise, respect landing a plain debuff that will have little if no return on consequent skills damage output
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options

My friends were pretty hyped about Redstone back then so I went with it in the end but yeah, now I kinda regret it and I know I'll regret it even more once we get that update. I don't think Demon Redstone is bad per se, but the way things are going now, debuffs are losing their value. There goes Venomous' wood debuff also, 30%.

I can assure you that if this had happened earlier, I might have actually switched cultivations and get my skills all over again but my "passion" for this game has died out in combination with my focus being on various school projects, including animation and a comic book, which are simply much more fun for me right now. Plus a couple of video games I want to play but I've been waiting for the summer vacation~

Weeeell I guess I still have my precious Demon Nova *hugs Demon Nova* don't you dare take this away from me too!!
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

That would be bad for you wizzie, tangling mire + devour and you'd be cut like butter.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Based on the title of that map, about some all female society underwater palace (although the term mermaids wasn't used) We could be seeing our first underwater instance. It's going to be a daily quest to get some item from it for a daily reward.

Yes because that's what we need, more dailys -.-, I wish they'd make the fsp & uch quests not daily if they decide to add more.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yes because that's what we need, more dailys -.-, I wish they'd make the fsp & uch quests not daily if they decide to add more.

Hey baby
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That would be bad for you wizzie, tangling mire + devour and you'd be cut like butter.

i could live with that lol
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Translated from the Japanese blog site:

I) Start of Territory resource competition
    Every week on Wednesday or Thursday from 8pm to 9pm (time probably quoted in Japan time, which is an hour ahead of China time)
    Event conditions: there must be factions owning territories
    During the event, you do not become red named, drop items, lose experience or consume guardian scrolls

Entry qualifications:
    1) If in a territory owning faction, during the event members are automatically placed in "resource plunder mode", and the color of their name changes.
    Players use items to protect transport vehicles, destroy other factions' transport vehicles, rob resources.
    2) If in a faction that does not own territory, talk to the faction supervisor during the first 15 minutes of the event, and enter "resource plunder mode" from the "territory resource manager" inside the faction base.

Resource plundering rules:
    1) Territory owning factions can acquire resources from the start. Resource quantity is very great.
    2) After the transport vehicle reaches the resource base, the faction can acquire resources.
    3) When players destroy another faction's transport vehicle, the faction they belong to can acquire resources.
    4) Factions owning multiple territories have resource transports in proportion, and when they are destroyed, the faction the players who destroyed them will receive more resources.
    5) Players may directly attack another faction's resource base, and steal surplus resources.
    6) There is a limit to how much each guild can be plunder or have its resource base destroyed, and when that is reached they can not be attacked.
    7) If in a squad, the squad leader's faction gets credit for the victory.

II) Active system
    Every day at midnight, daily quests are reset. One from Morai emissary quests, base quests, Primal World quests, Bounty Hunter quests is chosen at random to be that day's active quest. That day's active quest can be cleared by earning an active point from one of that day's inactive quests, and using that point to clear it.

III) Relief measures for the progress of history and new map

IV) Third boundary package. Players who have reached Mirage Sky 10 will automatically receive the new boundary quest on entering Primal World.

V) Along with the new boundary, higher level passive skills can also be learned.

VI) New Primal World event quests

VII) Reward quest for reaching 100 adjusted

VIII) Emissary quests will randomly include Primal World emissary quests.

IX) 2RB, Mirage Sky 10 players will receive a special pack when online.

X) New rules for Territory Wars
    If the attacking faction has fewer lands than the defending faction, the attacking faction will get a defensive buff. If the difference in number of lands is great, the attacking faction will also get an offensive buff.

XI) Increase in something having to do with arcane sky and mirage sky quests. (vitae rewards?)

XII) New exclusive rewards for reaching level 5 and 10 of the new boundary.

XIII) Addition of a name change service for flyers

XIV) New fashion and fashion weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So you want to increase skill damage & crits, leave debuffs the same, and nerf defense passives?

Skill damage + crits increase proportionately (or close enough) to offset the debuff : defense passive.

absolute not, when a class forced for debuff what also not instance, not max distance, not aoe, not high duration i hardly say balanced vs others who got no debuff, only attack level/defence level skill/buff
    Thats not it Hot, the defense passives are a way to nerf the debufs, indeed, but they will still be effective (more than no debufs at all), they're just trying to make PvP lastier and player's PvP skills count. (Other than just being overgeared).

As a "Pro endgame pvp'er" you are, you shouldn't mind about these changes, its an Anti-Noob change.

pro endgame player isn't wizz that sure, since our debuff takes times and already if full buffed will still remain more than 32-35k mdef because debuff remove only few k mdef and this mean atm increase dmg max 15% so this became more ****, u say every amplify good, right but not if this takes time and not instant cast, debuff range cutted down so not maxed range, not aoe just elss and less efficiency time by time
    so from 36000 your resistance will be lowered to 26000 that is roughly 86% damage reduction

with lower mag the udine strike with 60% debuff dont lower that much, maybe half if i full buffed so if have 32-33k going to 27-28k with lv7 passive

edit:
    atm

28820 87.35% - 12.65%
    35473 89.47% - 10.53%

20% amplify if target got not maxed ring, not s card mdef card, only 800 mag, this less effective if target have s card set or level one or ring +12 etc
    after lvl 10 primals it will be nerfd to 20% ele debuff = negligible

20%? that was vs caster? i guess vs caster maybe became half, atm around 15-16% if end game

its make the game more stupid and make sin above than 88%-90% crit and already for casters is 35-50%+, someone watched a game where kinda evertime crit a class? its became crazy.....

well most of high weapon% skill became more screwed if they add more point after rebirth .... more stat=> more base dmg same weapon damage => less difference between a slow nuke skill and normal skill in famage, except one cost 2x more time and maybe 2 spark
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

dont think so, we saw that a few months ago already
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    dont think so, we saw that a few months ago already

What is that then? o:
    This is a test
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And now RB will be a wasted instance also. You need it once for celestial culti but that's it (since you no longer need the chrono chain), and I think squads for that are going to be a heck of a lot harder to make without it being a BH.

I love RB, personally. This is just one more change that makes me very sad.

I love RB too.

At least on my server people run delta (and even gamma) as reborns to gain XP.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What is that then? o:

something what pwi didnt release yet ;/
    i would like to try that event
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The "tank world" event thing is designed for cross-server play, so it is unlikely we will get it here because our servers aren't set up to interact with each other. Or so they say.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    There appears to be 2 new instances, not 1. both these new instances can only hold up to 6 people max.
    See last 2 images

http://www.pwbrchannel.com/2014/05/novidades-pwcn-abril-2014-2.html
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The "tank world" event thing is designed for cross-server play, so it is unlikely we will get it here because our servers aren't set up to interact with each other. Or so they say.
    Servers are not supposed to interract with each other. Chars are to be transfered onto another server made specially for cross-server event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊