Arc Usage Feedback Thread [Updated 4/24/14]

Comments

• obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When are they going to give us the DQ system for arc they promised? until they do i will not be coming back to pwi
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i dont know if anyone has mentioned this but WHY does arc try to force download 16gigs of files to reinstall PWI when the WHOLE game directory in the old install (with temp files and logs and orphaned **** from old installs/patches) is under 9gb?

With the arc bypass atm the game runs just fine so there isn't anything missing that needs the extra 7+gb unless 90% of the playerbase is missing out on some epic content that extra data is supposed to provide b:chuckle
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited April 2014
    i dont know if anyone has mentioned this but WHY does arc try to force download 16gigs of files to reinstall PWI when the WHOLE game directory in the old install (with temp files and logs and orphaned **** from old installs/patches) is under 9gb?

With the arc bypass atm the game runs just fine so there isn't anything missing that needs the extra 7+gb unless 90% of the playerbase is missing out on some epic content that extra data is supposed to provide b:chuckle

It's something funky with the patcher, not sure exactly why, but it'll only download 8gb. (As seen by the game directory only being about that big)
  • Ramfan - Heavens Tear
    Ramfan - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARC wont let me purchase ZEN on my CC. Is this going too change? I am UK based..
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Are you saying ARC no longer leaves your account open to hackers?
    It's never done that. I even know the encryption method used and I haven't managed to crack it yet.
    Are you saying it no longer adds malware to your web browsers?
    The tool that it wants to add to your browser simply allows clicking links to open the games/Arc. If you had bothered to actually read it, you'd know that.
    Are you saying it no longer crapifies your computer by hijacking your browsers in the background?
    It never hijacked your browsers ever. It's got it's own built into it. Where the hell do people get **** like this? Put your foil hat back on.
    It's not going to let me play now without spending four hours downloading (on broadband!) and installing a virus on my PC.
    It's not a virus, it's a false-positive. Look that up on Google. That's been a known issue with the game since 2008. Again, maybe you should look around and read a bit.

If you still have issues with Arc recognizing the client, there's fixes for that too. Since they require reading though, I won't waste my time repeating it for you. Look in the sticky thread.
    ARC is nothing like Steam. If you're going to force players to install and use it to play, you should have made it more like Steam and less like MyStart.IncrediBar.

Just saying/
    No it's not..... Yet.
    Here I do have to agree with you. They should have finished development and made certain that all the sites would work properly before pushing any of this out. Once development is finished though, I imagine Arc will be a very handy tool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Elveis_ - Heavens Tear
    _Elveis_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    One feedback I would say is that now since we have to use arc to get our blessing and for example lets say i log into one of my accounts on arc to open the game client for that account then i can only get blessing for that account. Now if i open a second client i cant use arc to get blessing for that client also. So maybe try to make some kind of option where it was previously like the site where its easy to log in and off to get blessings.
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good Job, after my arc update today I cant receive any blessings anymore.
    Sorry for not reading this full thread.

As you may know I stated already out that this is only useful function at all for arc.

Now momaganon players cant receive it anymore because of bug at server entry.
    I suppose its same for cashing?

Good job,

no blessing, no cash, no support no feedback

Well done PWI

P.S.: Thank you for your tip sparky not to gather more blessings because its longer available!
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arc as a client hasn't given me problems thus far. Seems a bit excessive to have a dual launcher for a single game (I see Arc as nothing more then a launcher for PWI - don't intend to play any other games available through it) but the features that have been made available through it have been working okayish. There's an issue with Jones/Omalley on some of my characters but that's apparantly being worked on.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    One suggestion that I have and would like to see when it comes to the blessings (after you fix them and get them working for everyone, ofc) is to have them setup similar to how the DQ page was done. Namely that if a code is able to be redeemed more than once, we could have the option to select the quantity we want to send to our character rather than having to redeem the key multiple times.

I'd also like to see multiuse/non-temporary codes be put in a separate category so that i can see what codes I've redeemed besides just Jones easier. Since I'd like to use that feature to pass on a codes to facmates and friends, even if they did miss the news post.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, the Arc browser(which is what I'm using right now to post this), for some reason puts strain on my eyes. And everything is bold just about.b:shocked
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I'd also like to see multiuse/non-temporary codes be put in a separate category so that i can see what codes I've redeemed besides just Jones easier. Since I'd like to use that feature to pass on a codes to facmates and friends, even if they did miss the news post.

I'd love it if they just had a page on the Arc platform you could switch to where they always had a list of current functioning codes. Then I wouldn't have to go looking around everytime I needed a new blessing, or miss out on new codes that were posted in obscure threads/facebook/twitter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    Remenant - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I recently downloaded the manual update patch 779-783.
    When I executed it, instead of updating it manually, Arc decided it wanted to update the game
    by re-downloading all the files and totally ignored the manual patch. b:surrenderb:surrender
    Does Arc have Artificial Stupidity wherein it chooses the least plausible path.... and also
    tries its best to irritate the user :O b:shocked
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pro4hire
    pro4hire Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I do not like that there needs to be a workaround for multi-clienting, and think that should be a top priority.

I am not computer literate. I have had the Arc for a couple months already. Up until this last update, I could use my short cut on my desk top that was the element.exe thing to duel client. Now if I bring it up, as soon as I sign on to the acct. I want to bring up, it says I need to exit and update. I did update on Wednesday after the server came up and am able to play the game. It is just when I attempt to duel log that it says that.

I closed out everything and just attempted to open the element.exe to update that, but when I do that, it signs me on from ARC then automatically. Somehow part of it is updated and part isn't, but I can't seem to get to the part that isn't so that I can update it and duel log.

I attempted to follow the thread that Sparkie had up front, but that doesn't work for me. Sparkie didn't have ARC downloaded is said, so I don't know what to do.

It would be great if there was a button on ARC that we could just click on to bring up the duel log part. I am sure I am not alone in being computer illiterate. It has taken me a very long time just to learn the little bit I know now. I don't even understand what a work around is. (It sounds too similar to a reach around or something lol.) Ok, so that wasn't the most appropriate comment. I would like to learn more, but would like it to be more user friendly for those of us who don't understand all the computer lingo.

Thanks for listening. Please concentrate on making the duel client easier and soon. I like to be able to help my lower level toons and can't now. Is very hard to get the help I need right now, too many people busy re awakening all the time and don't want to help lower level toons anymore.
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    Remenant - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I had the same problem. This helped me. SO maybe you wanna try it out? b:victory

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21428951
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I really dont understand all the fuss about ARC, sits fine on my PC never had any issues with it, doesnt take up too much RAM etc. I like the fact everything is compact in one place and I dont need to go all over IE/Chrome/Firefox to find the things i need.

I do have one issue though, i dont like the fact i can't have multiple tabs open, forums etc, right click doesn't work (unless there is another way) b:sad

To all the ppl QQing I'm sure if they offered +10 orbs for a dl of ARC u'd be rushing to get it downloaded b:laugh
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have 1 more question to you Surtr, how much bandwidth does ARC consumes in a hour when i'm not doing anything on it, just playing the game. Just "ARC" not the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sparkie, that link gets a "Oops!

Sorry, we cannot find the webpage you have requested.

Please check the URL again or return to our homepage." error.

Oops!

Sorry, we cannot find the webpage you have requested.

Please check the URL again or return to our homepage.
  • ortini
    ortini Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Should be able to right click on here and go back a page, instead of using arrow at the top.

Suggestion about page with codes is superb.

I detest arc, and would prefer to shut it down when playing, it's useless. I don't have any problems running it though.
  • Asurzzo - Lost City
    Asurzzo - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Again, there are two separate threads. One is just for general complaints and discussions, and one is for usage feedback. If you don't like something, just be specific. For example, I do not like that there needs to be a workaround for multi-clienting, and think that should be a top priority. This is a usage feedback thread, so just saying "I don't like it" and not posting anything usable for constructive purposes will be treated as off-topic.

Here is a News Flash:

1. Arc was FAILED during the Alpha/Closed Beta testing.

A. Because the program was a memory hog/had leaks.
    B. Causes you to have to force the game to work correctly, I.E. multi- Clienting
    C. Browser and Cross-server Functions were/are Broken

2. Most of the PWI community has AGREED that the program is annoying and unwanted.

A. Not everyone that PLAYS the game, has best of the best computers. Perhaps some MAY be using the bare minimum.

B. IT SHOULD BE: The players choice to use/install the client. Bloatware is no fun for anyone.

3. If a more secure way to implement incompetent mistakes from happening was the goal:

A. You semi- Succeeded
    B. You have lost sight that its the PLAYERS that PAY YOUR BILLS>
    a. You have no respect for the Gamers anymore.
    b. You ignore the feedback that you receive.
    c. Finally YOU (Game Dev/Code Junkies) Don't even care that your OWN GM/Mods have been quitting due to the way that you are treating players...

4. I know that the original game (Licensed Release) is not being release with ARC so why not give SOME power back to the players and release the ARC patch to remove it from the ini path and files.

5. If you do not want to do #4 then PLEASE. Re-Start posting the manual patches again.

A. This forced Arc for updating is just Driving people away.

6. Dont Bother trying to reply to this or Quote. We all know that Gm/Mod would rather complain about something and flaunt "Power" than to actually fix something (AS PROVEN ABOVE).

7. No One even cares

8. Complaints AND USAGE: They do Go hand in hand. However, if this was NOT Broken down in simple enough terms to allow proper Definition. Please consult me i will gladly send you a picture book.
    It's not a virus, it's a false-positive. Look that up on Google. That's been a known issue with the game since 2008. Again, maybe you should look around and read a bit.

Thank You for proving that some people on here run their mouth with no REGARD for the facts.
    ARC WAS NOT AROUND IN 2008.

The "False Positives" ARE NOT false positives. Arc does contain some Error`d code off and on. :\
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Thank You for proving that some people on here run their mouth with no REGARD for the facts.
    ARC WAS NOT AROUND IN 2008.

The "False Positives" ARE NOT false positives. Arc does contain some Error`d code off and on. :\
    Between your last post and this, you have so much misinformation that it'd take less times to respond to the stuff you're right about than wrong about.

Learn to read what you're quoting. The game ITSELF has been triggering false positives since 08. And what was Arc downloading in what your quote was responding to? Oh, that's right... THE GAME!

And if you're too stubborn to accept people responding then don't bother posting on a public forum where people can and will respond to you and call you out when you're being full of it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asurzzo - Lost City
    Asurzzo - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Between your last post and this, you have so much misinformation that it'd take less times to respond to the stuff you're right about than wrong about.

Learn to read what you're quoting. The game ITSELF has been triggering false positives since 08. And what was Arc downloading in what your quote was responding to? Oh, that's right... THE GAME!

And if you're too stubborn to accept people responding then don't bother posting on a public forum where people can and will respond to you and call you out when you're being full of it.

IN Reply Yes the game has been triggering since '08 however there was much chatter about ARC doing the same and its NOT false positives.

My comment about not quoting is for those new MODS that think they know the game and have proven their incompetent. As for my misinformation why dont you shed some light on it and get the facts straight to me instead of just going your wrong..

I am sick of mods half- doing their job.. educate some people... its what your there for. You are supposed to be the middle man between the players and the dev. and/or support teams.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    IN Reply Yes the game has been triggering since '08 however there was much chatter about ARC doing the same and its NOT false positives.

My comment about not quoting is for those new MODS that think they know the game and have proven their incompetent. As for my misinformation why dont you shed some light on it and get the facts straight to me instead of just going your wrong..

I am sick of mods half- doing their job.. educate some people... its what your there for. You are supposed to be the middle man between the players and the dev. and support teams.

Arc isn't a virus. The false positive is coming from the elementclient, and it has been throwing off false positives for years and years.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1657701 <--You can find more about Arc there. I know it's tough to search Arc but that thread and GM posts are your best bet for finding information on it.

BTW, my job isn't to educate you. I'm under no obligation to create guides or to tell you information you could have searched for yourself. The only time I should be doing is contact GMs on your behalf is when something serious happens. Otherwise you should be contacting them yourself or searching up information on your own. There isn't even a "mods must be nice" rule. What we can post as far as opinions go is the same rules for you guys. The mods are just here to let the GMs know when something serious happens on the forums, and to clean up threads and posts by organizing, editing, etc.

A mod can do that quietly like Kris and Skai or be active posters like me and Kossy.

As for all the rumors, they are just that, rumors. Arc is no more invasive than Twitter or any other major website out there these days. And isn't spyware. It isn't a virus. In fact, all of the reasons people complained about it is because PWI was upfront that it was going to be collecting some usage information (you can opt out of most of it) and other sites bury that bit of information.

BTW the person you claimed ran off the mouth with no information? Has been reverse engineering Arc, has done a deep analysis of it's program, and has posted that information for anyone to see.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've had no issues with Arc so far. It doesn't cause me more lag, doesn't slow my computer down (then again my computer isn't a dinosaur), and I like the ability to just click Play and be able to play PW. I also like being able to buy Zen through it and have it automatically go to my account.

I do wish it would update without having to close my game client. Other than that, I wish there was more game specific functionality like DQ rewards which hopefully we will see in our lifetime, or special through Arc only boutique discounts with Zen purchases.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reddragoness3
    reddragoness3 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    n yes i do agree the arc system is flawed n dumb when pwi first came out there was no such system.. its made it more easyer for hackers n stuff to get ppls info inorder fo r ppl to loose there acc i for one was one of them victums i dont give out info wat so ever..
    n yet still had my acc ****.. so thus some where in there system is a flaw..
    cus how else would soem one get accesses w/o info being given out letalone accesses to some ones email..
    obousely someone wasnt thinking when they brought they system out that there was flause n didnt test it first before puttin it out its stupid that u have to log into arc just to logg into pwi.. that is lame as hell imo i remeber bk before this arc on how things worked so somoothly n didnt need add blocker pluste jsut to accesses the pwi web sitte..
    they just went n made stuff mroe complicated n made3 iteasy accesses for hackers to get ppls info.. thats just ny thoughts n oppinions..
    n for thoese who want to say diff by all means proove me wrong on.. fact is system flawed they need to remove it they neew to put bk to wat it was before the arc system program was implamented... it is the most useles program ever imo..
    . even when some thing seriouse happens take a while to even get a reply bk from them any ways n some times some things dunt get done becus ppls complaints dont always get answered..
    n just as a thought not every program is perfect every program has its flaws y becus it was made by man.. man made technology.. u cant say there arnt any flaws when man kind its self is flawed ijs.. if man kind was perfect there wuld be no room for improvents just like ur arc system.. its lame n dumb imo thats my thoughts n oppinion .. things were fine before this system came out n no one had any issue no one asked or wanted these changes..
    " arc program" if we wanted it we would have asked every thing was much simpler when u just had to go onto the main web site dto do every thing that was needed to do.. i understand u guys want to " improve " pw but insted of improving it hows about fixing all the other glitches int he game insted of addint new **** to glitch other things..
    sounds like a good idea imo..
    but i will still stand my ground on the fact that all programs are flawed n u cant argue on that fact cus nothin in this world is perfect when made by man.. becuse theres always some thing better out there..
    that will find away to mess up other stuff with hackers who harte money hungry n wanrt nothin more then to do wat they can to get accesses to ppls personal info y so they can scam them if u want to fix something fix ur dang flaws with the arc system .. to provent ppl from being ****..
    cus idk if u notice but there is a higher volume of ppl gettin **** since the arc system came out then to before it came out..
    y it that cus theres a flaw fix the flaws n might solvce all issues for future referance..
    but thats all for now on my rant about the acr system.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The post above...

Wow...just wow

Os mnay wodrs tyeped liek thsi yuo haev ot wonedr nto ot mentoin teh bda spelnig adn rnu no sentesenes
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reddragoness3
    reddragoness3 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    did i ask for the spellin or grammer police no im still goin over it n editin it i has typoe issues cus i type so fast now leave my typoe issue be n let me finihs fixing them geez..
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The post above...

Wow...just wow

Os mnay wodrs tyeped liek thsi yuo haev ot wonedr nto ot mentoin teh bda spelnig adn rnu no sentesenes

rminds,,,ME!!,,, of sm1,,,else!!!!,,,, ,,,,CUZ I TYP,, ON 1 HAND!!!1

Ok... not really... b:chuckle

did i ask for the spellin or grammer police no im still goin over it n editin it i has typoe issues cus i type so fast now leave my typoe issue be n let me finihs fixing them geez..

I see no point in typing messages in such a rush then. No-one is going to read big walls of text that lack proper punctuation, capital letters and paragraphs unless they're really bored.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Personally i have had no problems with arc since its implementation. i havent seen any lags or any other issues with it thus far.

As far as why they decided to go with arc as a main launch point, my guess it that it might have come down to that PWI as a game was no longer an effective representative game to draw in players for this and the other games that it once represented. so it may have come down to that the powers that be decided to "re-brand" us under a new flag of sorts as a means to put all of the games that are available thru pwi under a new banner.

meh...just my 2 1/2 cents on why arc now is our current way of getting in the game(s).
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • LyraListig - Sanctuary
    LyraListig - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its hard to find the server status/-time web page and the dragonpoints reward web page. Actually i haven't found them at all. ^.^
  • ahuha
    ahuha Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the charge page changes: its taken over 7 hours , stilll no zen , after transaction is complete via prepaid game cards , which in 4 + years has never taken more than 10 minutes till tonight:: i ve updated arc client,,* relogged to my desktop 3 times..: ill never buy zen again!! every time pw " makes it easier" it takes longer & longer to get things done: the auto cultivation sys makes getting quest like title quests impossible to complete," the bravo & anti romantic " can not be completed with BOTS around!!! because of this change to charge page.. i will not be able to take part in the sale..
    ill never buy zen again!!!!