Arc Usage Feedback Thread [Updated 4/24/14]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
I'm putting this here since I know a lot of you have questions/concerns with Arc regarding the forced integration. This will be strictly for feedback only. If you don't like Arc, that's fine but do not post if you have nothing constructive to say. If you have suggestions, or things you would like to see in the future, by all means post them here and I'll forward them to the team. (Barring they are legitimate)

Here is the blog, that will link to the thread: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

As for common questions:

Spyware: No, Arc is not spyware. If your AV is going off, you may want to check you don't have something else on your computer causing this.

Dual Clienting: Dual Clienting is now live. Check here for instructions: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21493681#post21493681

Cookies: No not the ones you eat, the web browsing ones. These work just like the ones on Google, Yahoo, our own website do.

Arc is Laggy: If you have too many programs open and your computer can't handle it, your programs will start to lag. Close down any processes you don't need via Cntrl+Alt+Delete>Task Manager. If that doesn't work, close and restart Arc.

If you have any others, feel free to post them so I can add them to the list. Be polite, be understanding, and most importantly, give constructive criticism so we can help you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ctrl+Shift+Esc brings up the task manager, too.

Sparkie, is it a fluke that some of us can start PWI without touching Arc? It's been working fine for me like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Everything works fine here. Dont feel any difference at all.
    Im not even using Arc. Still opening PWI the old way

Will there be any similar to DQ points on Arc any time soon?
    Free charm/dreamchaser code in future?

Thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You guys should hire Sylen already. << He's doing your work lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Here is the blog, that will link to the thread: http://community.arcgames.com/en/new...rc-integration

Sparkie, that link gets a "Oops!

Sorry, we cannot find the webpage you have requested.

Please check the URL again or return to our homepage." error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • humunukuapuaa1
    humunukuapuaa1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hi sparkie....the repair tool link is broken for me :(

also noob question as I just got up after maintenance... why is arc asking to install PWI again? I already have the game installed. Before I do the install in arc (which will takes days on my very slow internet), I just wanted to see if there was a way around this.

are there any plans for a new race someday?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited April 2014
    Sparkie, that link gets a "Oops!

Sorry, we cannot find the webpage you have requested.

Please check the URL again or return to our homepage." error.

Fixed it.

As for not having to do use Arc, that's not intended, but if you can still play PWI then it's not much of an issue. You may need to download it later though, so if that happens do not be surprised.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited April 2014
    hi sparkie....the repair tool link is broken for me :(

also noob question as I just got up after maintenance... why is arc asking to install PWI again? I already have the game installed. Before I do the install in arc (which will takes days on my very slow internet), I just wanted to see if there was a way around this.

are there any plans for a new race someday?

Fixed it. As for your question, that link will help you with that. It'll repair your file, so you won't have to re-download the game again.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i have a question which had anyone in PWE thought to start off with this answer it would have saved a lot of very angry (did i mention angry?) customers/players.

Why are you doing this (ARC) to us? what benefit do the players get from this? if there is a really good reason for it then i think a lot of us would be more inclined to try to adjust to the change. and the "because China says so" doesnt cut it anymore. we are as tired of reading that as you are of typing it.
    the good Starr
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sparkie quick issue im having, i cant launch the game at all. Arc has listed as one of my games but it doesnt launch it when i select play. I also cant launch it by using the .exe files for the actual game. Any idea on how i can fix this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PWE wants people to see that it's programmers can not even design a browser that can properly view their own web pages. The error message "The Adobe Flash Player or an HTML5 supported browser is required for video playback." is proudly on the PWI main screen to show their ignorance.

Their web page also has nothing to do with Arc as proven by the fact that you still have to log into their web page after logging onto Arc. There is no integration with their own web sites.

If you want to use these forums on arc, keep a dictionary nearby. PWE has not heard of spell check either.

If you want people to use it, make it useful and make it complete. Live beta testing of a incomplete platform just makes your customers mad. It might even help if some energy is made to fix the errors in the game.

All of the issues were well known a long time ago. Sparkiesoft was linking to the registry repair file 2 weeks ago. Nothing was done to fix any of them. All energy was put into making sure everyone was using software that is not ready for prime time. Like in the game, we will probably not see any fixes for months or years.
    '
  • drmotts
    drmotts Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ok i have a few issues/questions.

First is this going to be a repeat of Core? I think we all know how well Core worked. They couldnt ever get my factions name right let alone half the other info on anything including my start date.

Secondly how come if i put my main char for my avatar the forums dont work at all?

Oh and thanks for not allowing me to play today. This 16 gig download to download the game again is going to kill my night. I understand that some people who play this game have all the time in the world to waste redownloading the game again but i have to goto work in the morning.
    edited April 2014
    drmotts wrote: »
    ok i have a few issues/questions.

First is this going to be a repeat of Core? I think we all know how well Core worked. They couldnt ever get my factions name right let alone half the other info on anything including my start date.

Secondly how come if i put my main char for my avatar the forums dont work at all?

Oh and thanks for not allowing me to play today. This 16 gig download to download the game again is going to kill my night. I understand that some people who play this game have all the time in the world to waste redownloading the game again but i have to goto work in the morning.

Sparkie mentioned before that it was possible/goal for a new type of "Core" implemented within Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the credit Sparkie, and as for feedback, it's working mostly as-advertised on my systems here. I've heard a few people say they have issues, and so far with the majority of the people that have actually provided information, it's turned out to be their AV software blocking/"fixing"/deleting their client files.

You guys might want to consider reporting your files as safe to the major AV software groups.

So far the only suggestions I have are to either fix DQ, or get a replacement system up so people will stop QQing about something that was supposed to end last year. Fix the client detection in Arc so it works properly. Oh, and fix the Arc browser to it's a. not running ALL the time, and b. uses less memory. I've never used the silly thing at all and it's sitting there wasting 80-90MB of RAM for no apparent reason. It should only be there if I've opened it using Arc or the overlay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Guys please direct posts that are just voicing your displeasure to this thread here. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311 This thread is for feedback on Arc only. Things like tech support issues you are having, questions you have about missing or upcoming features, and suggestions for new features, you can mention things that are not working that are annoying, but if you do please be specific, that type of thing.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have windows 7 Ultimate for desktop and DLed arc a little after the first month or 2 it came out.

Didnt **** around with it uninstalling or reinstalling arc after that and left it as it was.

Altho when i initially installed arc it did not tell me to DL a whopping 16gigs of the whole game all over again (maybe it was the arc repair?) so it was quite fast and easy. And i have less than 3 mbps of net speed lol

Currently all the patches work just fine, as well as being able to multiclient as before

My laptop uses windows 8.1, installed same time as desktop, and works fine same as desktop.

i guess im the few lucky ones, no probs here.

Im using Norton and it seems fine with ARC files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Guys please direct posts that are just voicing your displeasure to this thread here. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311 This thread is for feedback on Arc only. Things like tech support issues you are having, questions you have about missing or upcoming features, and suggestions for new features, you can mention things that are not working that are annoying, but if you do please be specific, that type of thing.

I am pretty sure "we don't like it" counts as feedback. Find me something in the definition of "feedback" that would disqualify an opinion.
    edited April 2014
    You guys might want to consider reporting your files as safe to the major AV software groups.

Heh.. Hehe.... Few times in the past week I've been downloading mods and such, a few times Avast has detected the files to be hazardous. I wanted to report it as a false positive but it just asked me for an email, a description, and to check the "I know what I'm doing" button LOL .... So yeah, I don't know what I'm doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I am pretty sure "we don't like it" counts as feedback. Find me something in the definition of "feedback" that would disqualify an opinion.
    If you don't like Arc, that's fine but do not post if you have nothing constructive to say

Again, there are two separate threads. One is just for general complaints and discussions, and one is for usage feedback. If you don't like something, just be specific. For example, I do not like that there needs to be a workaround for multi-clienting, and think that should be a top priority. This is a usage feedback thread, so just saying "I don't like it" and not posting anything usable for constructive purposes will be treated as off-topic.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I didn't have any issues. I just used the repair tool, and everything worked well.
  • foxmike
    foxmike Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Fixed it. As for your question, that link will help you with that. It'll repair your file, so you won't have to re-download the game again.

The fix DOES NOT work for me. Every time I try to start the game by clicking the shorcut, a window keps appearng asking me to install PWI.

What must I need to do pls b:shocked
  • sparkiesoft
    edited April 2014
    Sparkie quick issue im having, i cant launch the game at all. Arc has listed as one of my games but it doesnt launch it when i select play. I also cant launch it by using the .exe files for the actual game. Any idea on how i can fix this?

Have you checked to make sure your anti-virus/firewall isn't blocking the game from running? Also if you're running Windows 7 or 8, you may need to run it as admin. (right click>run as admin)
    foxmike wrote: »
    The fix DOES NOT work for me. Every time I try to start the game by clicking the shorcut, a window keps appearng asking me to install PWI.

What must I need to do pls b:shocked

Are both Arc and PWI installed on the same drive? If PWI or Arc are on totally different drives, this could explain it.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Have you checked to make sure your anti-virus/firewall isn't blocking the game from running? Also if you're running Windows 7 or 8, you may need to run it as admin. (right click>run as admin)

As far as i know, antivirus and such is not blocking it and ive tried running it as admin but its still not doing anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arc Overlay causes drop to FPS because it HOOKS into d3d9.dll in-memory.

I like to say HOOKS in all capital letters because its an aggression to my little loaded dll.

Can you please add an option on Arc options to disable the useless overlay? I'll be so grateful.

Post Scriptum: I've been running PWI absolutely Arcless and Dude, im so happy I can still play PWI without even touching on Arc.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    Soooooooos - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so instead of enjoying our time playing a game we are trying to fix ur mistakes

come on if u have a stupid program is not ready why you have to bring it live, fix the ****ty thing and then bring it but to bring it and ask us to fix it and do all these things its just annoying

how pro u are !!

Dual Clienting: Multiple posts have been made by SylenThunder on how to do this, here's one: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=321

so instead of doing ur job u guys count on others and redirect ppl to a player post

you know that there is some ppl who cant get in to the game why dont u do an emergency maint and bring the thing back until u fix this stupid program

this is just a fail program
    edited April 2014
    Arc Games, I do honestly think you could spend more of your hard work, time and money on making the game experience better for the players, instead of making it difficult.

Sparkie, I don't know if you're a man, or a woman or what. I know you're human and have your problems like all of us do. I don't know if this Arc software Schema is an order from people above you or whats the purpose of this software. Although, I do know you may be of great use for us. If you can decide rather making Arc optional or not, please do, we're asking you to. If you know WHO to talk to to change these things, please do. This is a collective request, this is an oath from the community to Arc Games to PLEASE, make Arc Optional.

We will download the games via Arc, we will use Arc for other purposes eventually, but let us choose when to use Arc instead of pulling it through our throats. I know if it's not up to you, you may find a way to connect the community request to the decision-making personnel and we will be grateful for this.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orastia
    orastia Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm putting this here since I know a lot of you have questions/concerns with Arc regarding the forced integration. This will be strictly for feedback only. If you don't like Arc, that's fine but do not post if you have nothing constructive to say. If you have suggestions, or things you would like to see in the future, by all means post them here and I'll forward them to the team. (Barring they are legitimate)

Here is the blog, that will link to the thread: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: [url]C

As for common questions:

Spyware: No, Arc is not spyware. If your AV is going off, you may want to check you don't have something else on your computer causing this.

Dual Clienting: Multiple posts have been made by SylenThunder on how to do this, here's one: [/url]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21425211&postcount=321

Cookies: No not the ones you eat, the web browsing ones. These work just like the ones on Google, Yahoo, our own website do.

Arc is Laggy: If you have too many programs open and your computer can't handle it, your programs will start to lag. Close down any processes you don't need via Cntrl+Alt+Delete>Task Manager. If that doesn't work, close and restart Arc.

If you have any others, feel free to post them so I can add them to the list. Be polite, be understanding, and most importantly, give constructive criticism so we can help you.

i am trying to use this repair tool, but can not open this link, you said you fixed it but it dont seem too. i can not download pwi all over again. i have not enough data for that. so i guess i have to give up on pwi unless there is a way to continue without downloading.

BTW why developed arc and not some more quests and dungeons and other interesting stuf for highend level players ?
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Again, there are two separate threads. One is just for general complaints and discussions, and one is for usage feedback. If you don't like something, just be specific. For example, I do not like that there needs to be a workaround for multi-clienting, and think that should be a top priority. This is a usage feedback thread, so just saying "I don't like it" and not posting anything usable for constructive purposes will be treated as off-topic.

Well then why did you move my post? It was a realistic and sincere response to someone who asked a relevant question. I wasn't even directly saying "I don't like it", just my choice of adjectives hinted strongly that I disapporve of Arc. You still don't have reasonable grounds for having removed it. This backa nd forth is more of a derailment than anything I said originally.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Are both Arc and PWI installed on the same drive? If PWI or Arc are on totally different drives, this could explain it.

I have Arc & PWI in different folders on different drives, and the registry fix worked fine.

Make sure you are targetting the root folder (The first folder where the uninstall.exe and all the other folders are) and not the launcher or the element folder when using the fix to make Arc recognize your current game path.

I tried on Windows XP and Windows 7 both with same setup (Arc on C:, game on F:) and in both cases the registry fix allowed me to run PWI.

Sparkie you may wanna add that on the first post: The registry fix needs to target the main folder and not the folder where the element or the launcher are. Just in case people to whom the fix is not working are selecting the wrong folder path when patching the registry
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Ok, my feedback to Arc software will be a constructive and honest critic.

- First of all, Arc is still in a test phase, lacks resources like a functional chat and anything.
    Arc overlay is way inferior to other overlays, but its annoying that it consumes the entire screen. It could consume just the middle of the screen, but leave chat/hp game areas visible.
    - There is no option to disable the Arc Overlay. Not all of us will have use for this feature and it will be there, consuming or not Memory or GPU or CPU clocks, it is just annoying to NOT be able to turn it off.
    If I ever use the overly to chat with friends then I will keep it enabled, but If the player is an anti-social person like me, who always run PWI windowed (thus easy to use Chrome meanwhile), then the in-game overlay is of absolutely no use. (And will consume frames-per-second since its hooked into DirectX)
    - Arc does still run the game launcher, like a DRM it should update the games itself and then just launch the game itself.
    - I think there could be an option on Arc "Close Arc on Start Game", Idk other players opinion but I would love this one.
    - It is a disrespect with the player to make a double click on game patcher call Arc, we will use Arc eventually, but let us choose when to do so.
    Edit:
    - The 'Game is already running' message should not be up to Arc to decide, if Arc's structure is really made to support only 1 game client at a time, you're doing it so wrong.

I am a programmer too and I know how much effort it takes to make a software with this purpose, but I would highly suggest Arc to be popular before it was forced, for Arc to be popular it still takes some tweaks
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • LVladeline - Sanctuary
    LVladeline - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I downloaded ARC so I could possibly play PWI today with my friend, and because I couldn't get it to recognize the game, I had to delete the game and redownload it. Well that's the thing- When I tell ARC to download PWI into my external hard drive (Where ARC is also downloaded into), it stops after a minute."Error" with big red letters appears where the yellow install button was, and when I hover over it, it says "An unexpected Error has occurred. Please try again."
    I've tried again and again, and it won't download at all.
    Help?