edited April 2014
    Options
    Isn't Sweetiebot is programmed by you. b:avoid

Nope, she was made by Ast.
  • Mastersworde - Raging Tide
    Mastersworde - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Remind that this is my opinion... I repeat my opinion so it is something that i think and can be (constructive) crisism towards you.

Now that that's made clear... my opinion.

Of what i see of arc is that its not working for a certain % of the players. I came back to PWi yesterday after taking a break and today i downloaded the client on Arc at speed (wired connected) of 10 MB/second while my friend that joined before me only downloaded at 1.4 mb/second so maybe PW should take a look on how the connection is getting established in diffirent sides of the world and work towards that to see where the actual download issue is.

I'm not sure if this is concerning towards arc but i'm posting it tho.
    I yesterday created a 2nd account because everyone does it and it is nesseccary to have a second one to actually get a grip on the economy of PW because not you need to do alot of stuff.. back to the topic...
    So i've created this account, and had the actual link in my mailbox where it said welcome to pw etc etc. Tho i am unable to log in with my account ingame but the forums are working fine.

Some time ago there were 2 reedem keys that could be used for your character. I created a new character on the main account i had (as i swapped servers due to timezone) but my new character is not listed on the reedem page tho, all my old characters are there. if anyone could explain if this is a problem with arc or are the keys only reedemable from old characters?

This might be part of the ''integration into arc'' and might not be operational yet but because of the actualy switch from the forum towards arc we lost alot of structure on the main page of PW.
    as it all was very structurated on the old website with a few posts of text you now have a fully crowded page with nothing else then SALE SALE SALE. Maybe and i think that other people will like it also is that the actuall main page of http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi get a little bit more structurated so that the actual overview is better then one we currently have... Tho this can be totally just me that dislike it but you guys asked for feedback...

5. As on earlier posts that i've read i also think it'dd be neccessary that arc should be able to be closed by itself after starting your game.

Maybe a better suggestion would be to use Arc as patcher instead of using it as ''side-program'' right now theres to many steps that you basicly have to do to launch the game. If you want arc to get an actual hold on the games you play, a patching system inside arc might be better then have arc needing to start the patcher itself and then you gotta update or hit play those actions are quiet lame in my opinion. Most people want a All-in-1 feature like you want an all-in-1 printer instead of having a fax,scanner and printer in single form.

7.The actual arc launcher screen now is of what i see an Exact copy of the News page on http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi why not make a small screen like the patcher has atm that will only show the actual HEADLINES of whats going on at PW.

Example:

Line 1: Sale Lucky pack
    Line 2 : Maintenance [date]
    Line 3: etc.etc.

I like the banner function but in my opinion the arc launcher has TO MUCH information while it actually is only getting used to start PW. short it in and play straight on the ball.

I would just like to see it more structurated.

Highly needed things are in my opinion unable to be found. like the jones blessing, aparently you have to get it from the arc launcher but i have no idea where to actually get it.

Maybe to be edited, not sure.

As in the start:

Remind that this is my opinion... I repeat my opinion so it is something that i think and can be (constructive) crisism towards you.
    I play how i play and idc what ppl think b:angry
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I have window's 8

opened task maneger selected ArcOSbrowser->Go to Details -> arc .ex. <- ended task, i did get a message about might do something to client stability but igored it. then i opened arc again logged out first account which caused arc to close, reopened arc , signed in 2nd account and clicked the start pwi icon in the top left, and a couple of min later my 2nd account was logged in.

now i have very litte understanding of how programs work, but it seems to me that it shouldnt be that hard for them to add a button just below the first one automaticlly does what i just did manually.

idk, maybe there more to it then that on the functionality of code and so on.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sadly, the technical max on inventory and bank is about 256 slots. Once you get past that things start to break, really badly. Not sure if the cupboard space would be included in the bank space or not, I'll have to test that when I have my server up and running again.

Is that because a char array is used instead of a int or long?
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Is that because a char array is used instead of a int or long?

Works with length in the files i think as its like a picture.
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I have window's 8

opened task maneger selected ArcOSbrowser->Go to Details -> arc .ex. <- ended task, i did get a message about might do something to client stability but igored it. then i opened arc again logged out first account which caused arc to close, reopened arc , signed in 2nd account and clicked the start pwi icon in the top left, and a couple of min later my 2nd account was logged in.

now i have very litte understanding of how programs work, but it seems to me that it shouldnt be that hard for them to add a button just below the first one automaticlly does what i just did manually.

idk, maybe there more to it then that on the functionality of code and so on.

^^Yep, I was showing my brother how to do this on his 'Win-8 system' when we were testing to try ways that may work, his idea didn't work, but my accidental find did...b:chuckle

I actually found this way out, when I kinda forgot to shut off the (Arc tied~1st-client) entirely, after my account sign out and then kinda brought up another (Secondary~Arc run) and ended up with 2 parallel clients running my single accounts characters lists from both the 'Archo & HT Servers' both at the same time on my old 'Vista Laptop'...b:laugh

So after that it was just a simple attempt to try his account and then my single account on his comp for an attempt and what do ya know, it actually worked...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Please note that all off-topic posts that just contained general feedback has been moved to this thread here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311 and is unlikely to have been deleted. This thread isn't any more important than the other thread, so please post here only if you have a specific complaint/piece of feedback.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Works with length in the files i think as its like a picture.

Having a array of char say int a[char] would limit the array to 256 units. Anything above that would be undefined behavior ( aside hardware/compiler limits). That is why I asked that and would explain the limit unless that limit is a hard coded #define
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Having a array of char say int a[char] would limit the array to 256 units. Anything above that would be undefined behavior ( aside hardware/compiler limits). That is why I asked that and would explain the limit unless that limit is a hard coded #define

Ah true didn't think of that
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited April 2014
    Options
    For anyone having issues with the registry tool, make sure it's directing to your PWI folder, not just the element client/launcher. Also, some users have found that after it did not work, a simple PC reboot solved the issue. I'm looking into this and will forward it to the correct people so we can get it fixed asap.
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    For anyone having issues with the registry tool, make sure it's directing to your PWI folder, not just the element client/launcher. Also, some users have found that after it did not work, a simple PC reboot solved the issue. I'm looking into this and will forward it to the correct people so we can get it fixed asap.

Well the only 2 issues I have is that I cant access new created accounts from ingame but I can on forum and then my new morai character doesnt show up at the redeem page inside arc.
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It's like steam except the rest of the games on it I don't play... b:shocked

lmao.

I think we can get used to Arc, once its closeable after game-launch and overlay is optional, also, when it puts the games inside its own folder (Like steam does) and keep track of them even when changing between pcs/OS installations.
    There will be the day when we WILL be able to use Arc as an integration tool, or just a launcher, depending on each player's needs.

Please, ask the devs to stop using windows registry and write game paths on Arc directory instead, this is getting embarrassing.

Just an observation: Had Neverwinter and JD installed here via Arc, since I reinstalled Arc they didn't get recognized, but I didn't even bother with that one.

Suggestion:
    You guys could make an arc configuration file inside each game directory, like "PWI_en\ArcConfig.arc" there could be all info for Arc to read and know what of PWE game it is, wheres each of its executable and so on, then on first Arc run, just scan the configured download folder (and top level subdirectories) in search for those .arc files and recognize all games there just as easy.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

sparkie wouldn't it be easier to just add in the other file paths to what arc looks for? it should literally just be pasting 3 lines into the logic of the file. the file path before arc, the one soon after arc was released, and the current one. just a quick arc update and it should all be fixed.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So far I'm having no issues with Arc. I put all my game software on a separate partition from /C:, and it had no problems locating PWI. I'm not really finding any difference in running PWI on Arc, its the same as it's always been. I'm still not crazy about this system, and I've yet to find anything about it to impress me. I'll wait and see what goes on until you guys get this system out of beta, but in the meantime, my say on Arc is this: Neutral, dull, whatever you wanna call it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    lmao.
    Please, ask the devs to stop using windows registry and write game paths on Arc directory instead, this is getting embarrassing.

For that its to late atm could do that for new fresh installed clients, but the old clients should still be getable in any directory that they want as in the installation progress you still decide yourself where you want your client to be installed.
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Another bulk of suggestions:

Functionality
    - Make game patcher call Arc with an argument, that as soon as Arc logs in, it will automatically launch that game. Ex: I call PWI directly, game goes to Arc configurations and updates PWI folders (making Arc recognize it as being PWI), and then calls Arc.exe -RunGame=PWI, as soon as Arc logs in, pwi is automatically launched.
    - Said above, make game launcher/executable go to Arc configurations and update its configurations/folders into Arc, adding itself there.
    - If Arc is called using -RunGame=PWI (or any other custom launch lines), then Arc window automatically goes to system tray after the game is automatically launched (see first suggestion).
    - Add a code to each game former launcher/executable to update Arc's path configurations and make it be recognized as a PWE game, by simply calling the original patcher it would update Arc Path definitions for that game and run Arc with the command line.

Utility
    - Add Server Status to 'library page'.
    - Add a reward for those who download and play another game (If I play PWI for instance, downloading and playing Neverwinter will grant me a one-time reward of, say, a bound Dragon orb 5* or something (You understand the idea).
    - For each DQ Item vendored, add some universal Arc redeeming ponctuation. Add other activities between games to reward with Arc points and let us spend those points on items for each game. For example: Completing bounty hunter on PWI or Completing a restless quest on JD grants y points, and so on, could say many examples but I haven't played much PWE games lately.
    - Arc browser could really open multiple tabs when browsing Forums, the lack of this resource makes chrome infinitely preferable to browse forums.
    - Add cultivation guide to Arc's PWI page.

Behavior Customization
    - Make an option in the options menu to turn ON or OFF automatic updates (some people may be stressed out with band consumption if they're making something like TW/NW).
    - I said before, but its important: Make an option to turn ArcOverlay off in the options menu.
    - Add an option to disable the "Hey, theres Arc Overlay" notify on bottom right of screen when game starts.
    - A good option on Arc would be "Minimize to Tray on launch game", then Arc could automatically restore from tray when the game is closed

Feeling of Safety
    - Add some way we can see if the SSL certificates are valid/thrustable and who signed the certificates on billing pages. I can do that on Chrome by clicking the green locker in the address bar, not all 3rd party payment methods can be fully thrusted. Idk, maybe its just paranoia, but i feel unsafe not seeing the green locker saying the certificate is valid.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Here's a suggestion: give the players a reason to actually feel that ARC is a benefit that helps their gameplay and is worth using.

In addition to reinstating DQ rewards through ARC(which should be done regardless), other new, major benefits and free gifts should be given through ARC and only ARC as an incentive.
    Forcing people to waste their time and efforts downloading and trying to fix all these problems that the ARC integration has caused for them just because you said so is a great way to built up bitterness, dissatisfaction, and disloyalty in your playerbase.

If there was actually a REASON people wanted to have ARC, or any kind of special benefit to having ARC(which currently, there is none whatsoever)then people would'nt hate it so much. Making currently available gifts and aids(blessings/dq point rewards) available only through ARC is not going to cut it. You need to give new incentive for this program to have a justification for existing let alone bieng mandatory.

That being said, having ARC running should never be mandatory for running the game, launching at most...
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yes Arc is a mess and no I DON'T LIKE IT! Now why don't I like it?

1. have to download the game again.

2. It is not easy to use

3. servers no purpose but to annoy players

4. I only played pwi not your other games and am not interested in playing them.

5. Many people are leaving the game because you force them to use a test product that has to many flaws

6. It takes up to much resources I run on a lap top.

7. The page is not set up easy to use either.

8. now arc in game not sure can not log game yet thanks to arc

9. just a note if it is not broke why fix it?

10. I enjoyed just launching game now I can not do that.b:angryb:bye
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This is not an integration but a take over another reason I do not like it!
  • Jaedice - Heavens Tear
    Jaedice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I already have one pc that I had to abandon PWI on because I just couldn't sort out how to get Arc to cooperate. Now there are 8 pages of forum that I have to go through to try to sort out why I can't play PWI on my main computer. I'm so overwhelmed. I just want to sit and play to relax. PWI is on my PC, but Arc insists I have to download it. The patcher won't come up anymore, so I can't Verify. Please, the last time I went through this, Arc cycled me through PWI downloads, over and over again, until I sorted out how to bypass. I want to play PWI.

It's not my anti-virus, and the link suggested on the first page of this forum to repair is a broken link for me, as it is for other players. Two days of not being able to check in, and now the cost of not being ablt to tw, or receive tw pay, not to mention guild consequences.

I'm just so frustrated that I have to be my own IT person because PWI can't seem to solve it b:cry
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I already have one pc that I had to abandon PWI on because I just couldn't sort out how to get Arc to cooperate. Now there are 8 pages of forum that I have to go through to try to sort out why I can't play PWI on my main computer. I'm so overwhelmed. I just want to sit and play to relax. PWI is on my PC, but Arc insists I have to download it. The patcher won't come up anymore, so I can't Verify. Please, the last time I went through this, Arc cycled me through PWI downloads, over and over again, until I sorted out how to bypass. I want to play PWI.

It's not my anti-virus, and the link suggested on the first page of this forum to repair is a broken link for me, as it is for other players. Two days of not being able to check in, and now the cost of not being ablt to tw, or receive tw pay, not to mention guild consequences.

I'm just so frustrated that I have to be my own IT person because PWI can't seem to solve it b:cry

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I know a few people that can only play due to the workarounds given by players here because Arc won't work/install on their computers.

Here's the workaround I saw and used:

1. Go into the patcher folder
    2. Open stringtab.txt with notepad
    3. Delete the following lines:

174 You need to install Arc
    175 To start the game
    176 Install
    177 Quit
    178 Please download and install Arc,
    179 Then start game from Arc, the site is:
    180 http://www.arcgames.com/
    181 ArcInstall.exe

Alternatively, I saw a recent post saying you can copy the stringtab document from the launcher folder and replace the one in the patcher folder with it. I don't think there is a difference, really. I kept a copy of the original patcher document just in case but this has worked great in bypassing Arc.

I don't know if they will fix it in the future so that this method doesn't work, but I hope they at least wait until they fix their stupid program. I've talked to so many people that can't get Arc to work on their computers or recognize downloads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited April 2014
    Options
    On my view point, players bypass Steam and avoid paying for paid games with that. How can they believe Arc will someday be unbypassable?

So, instead of putting efforts on making Arc so hard to bypass, they should work on making it good and fit our needs.

If Arc was close-able on game running,
    If Arc overlay was possible to turn off,
    If Arc has an option to auto-minimize to tray on game start.
    If Arc Repair searched its download directory (and subdirectories) for appinstallconfig.xml files and fixed the registry from that

THEN Arc would be of great use, very functional and more importantly: Players wouldn't have reasons to try and bypass it.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • /_Susano_ - Dreamweaver8
    /_Susano_ - Dreamweaver8 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I know a few people that can only play due to the workarounds given by players here because Arc won't work/install on their computers.

Here's the workaround I saw and used:

1. Go into the patcher folder
    2. Open stringtab.txt with notepad
    3. Delete the following lines:

174 You need to install Arc
    175 To start the game
    176 Install
    177 Quit
    178 Please download and install Arc,
    179 Then start game from Arc, the site is:
    180 http://www.arcgames.com/
    181 ArcInstall.exe

Alternatively, I saw a recent post saying you can copy the stringtab document from the launcher folder and replace the one in the patcher folder with it. I don't think there is a difference, really. I kept a copy of the original patcher document just in case but this has worked great in bypassing Arc.

I don't know if they will fix it in the future so that this method doesn't work, but I hope they at least wait until they fix their stupid program. I've talked to so many people that can't get Arc to work on their computers or recognize downloads.

b:chuckle Thank You!
  • coy0te
    coy0te Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    AND what do those of us do who can no longer log on because our discs have no room left to download another program(ARC)?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    coy0te wrote: »
    AND what do those of us do who can no longer log on because our discs have no room left to download another program(ARC)?

Delete some ****? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    coy0te wrote: »

Arc isn't all that large... it's kind of sad if you don't have space for it.

That said, just use the fix that is posted above your post and you won't need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mortseek - Raging Tide
    Mortseek - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I got used to the old PWI site having extra stuff like server status server time DQ facebook and so on but so far the ARC dosnt seem to do very much. Can we expect sone of thes old functions to be added at some point soon.
    Other than that after fiddeling a bout a bit I have got it working and its OK. Its no longer to log in but does seem a bit pointless when it doesnt add much to the gaming experience.
  • stefen2u
    stefen2u Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    the link is broken, is there any chance you could post the file on the forum for us to download from here (RegRepair tool)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Options
    stefen2u wrote: »
    the link is broken, is there any chance you could post the file on the forum for us to download from here (RegRepair tool)

http://file3.guildlaunch.net/165743/RegRepair.zip

I hosted it on my guide site a while back when some people were having trouble reaching it due to location restrictions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Are you saying ARC no longer leaves your account open to hackers? Are you saying it no longer adds malware to your web browsers? Are you saying it no longer crapifies your computer by hijacking your browsers in the background?

Seriously?

It's not going to let me play now without spending four hours downloading (on broadband!) and installing a virus on my PC/

ARC is nothing like Steam. If you're going to force players to install and use it to play, you should have made it more like Steam and less like MyStart.IncrediBar.

Just saying/