really folks?

Options

Comments

• Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The person QQ'ing should keep his mouth shut for the simple fact that i've been relying on customer service a few times now and i must say that the people that actually deal with the issues are doing a great job.

The simple fact that they extended the hours of the service like a month ago is even better.

Overall it takes like 2 days for your ticket to reach one of the customer support members because you might forget that its a bigger company then Your candy shop at the corner of the street --''.

Towards what it was 4 years ago when i join'ed, the support group has made a whole evolution but there is always room for improvement in my eyes.[/B]

They reset the server, i lost close to 3b gold that i had floating waiting to change it back into gold. they told me since i had it in coin form for about 2 weeks before it happened the couldn't replace the gold or coin. so what are you saying?
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    soooooo u tell me Barbs are not over op now? when i used to kill almost all barbs in this server or at least have a fighting chance....

So, you're heartbroken because after 5 years of picking off barbs from a quarter mile away they are finally managing to waddle their @sses over to you and kicking *your* tail - and that bothers you?

Suck it up, Cupcake.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited April 2014
    Options
    They reset the server, i lost close to 3b gold that i had floating waiting to change it back into gold. they told me since i had it in coin form for about 2 weeks before it happened the couldn't replace the gold or coin. so what are you saying?

You're expecting sympathy for someone who gamed up 3B in coin?

Damn, son - you are out of your mind.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Mystic's main strength in pk is durability. Mystic doesn't die to same-geared opponent unless purged or with exceptional stunlock (which is made more difficult with Purify).

Mystic's weakness is lack of spike damage, but with sleep can set up long enough combos to overcome that.

And if you think barbs are unkillable, play a mystic. They really don't like it when you steal the healing from their charms. b:laugh
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So, you're heartbroken because after 5 years of picking off barbs from a quarter mile away they are finally managing to waddle their @sses over to you and kicking *your* tail - and that bothers you?

Suck it up, Cupcake.

you sir are a bad troll. idc if they have a mega bazooka that dc's people. make a damn defense. the pk system is a>b>c>a. but if c is > a and b you messed up your own so-called balance. if you don't understand that then we have nothing further to discuss.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You're expecting sympathy for someone who gamed up 3B in coin?

Damn, son - you are out of your mind.
    um, i played for four year bought some gold farmed some coin and worked the system like stocks. if there is no security for a person's money and time spent building then what's the point? unless it's to say we don't care...like you don't obviously.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Mystic's main strength in pk is durability. Mystic doesn't die to same-geared opponent unless purged or with exceptional stunlock (which is made more difficult with Purify).

Mystic's weakness is lack of spike damage, but with sleep can set up long enough combos to overcome that.

And if you think barbs are unkillable, play a mystic. They really don't like it when you steal the healing from their charms. b:laugh

that's a joke right?
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

When you log off before the timer runs out on a maintenance or reset, there is most likely no single loss of items, gold or coin.

Only when PWI did a planned reset to a certain date (read rollback) then you actually lose stuff.
    But then in the end the support team has nothing to do with that so why would you QQ about the bad support while the actual support crew only has to follow protocols set by the people that stand above them?

Mainly the people that work the hardest get the **** over them in cases like this, the support team most likely never gets a compliment by people like you.
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    When you log off before the timer runs out on a maintenance or reset, there is most likely no single loss of items, gold or coin.

Only when PWI did a planned reset to a certain date (read rollback) then you actually lose stuff.
    But then in the end the support team has nothing to do with that so why would you QQ about the bad support while the actual support crew only has to follow protocols set by the people that stand above them?

Mainly the people that work the hardest get the **** over them in cases like this, the support team most likely never gets a compliment by people like you.

you dont understand....i am not annoyed that they had to rollback. wasn't their choice, they did their job. what i am upset about is that the team i sent my tickets to [which i guess is the support crew, thought if i am mistaken then idk.] plainly told me the will/can not replace 4 years worth of work, and offered no compensation. even bank accounts are fdic insured and stocks have no guarantee but with stocks you have a choice to pull your money out. here you do not. understand now?
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ok this has to be a separate thread from the one they moved so here goes...

did you like this expansion? why?
    No. I didn't like it because before the expansion the balance of the game wasn't that bad. But now it's totally broken.

if you didn't list the reasons why as well.
    They gave too much power to some cllasses, especially sins while others merely got toys as updates.

from what it seems any dissonance is met with moving the thread to less visible areas.....

search for the new standard of pwi and comment there as well to pls

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1681251

as for this thread we will ask some tough questions....

why do the devs only care about 4 classes for pk?

why is customer service so bad?

how is it other games can achieve balance but you guys cannot?

I also wonder what is going though the mind of the developers. Every other game I've played has always strived to achieve a balance so everyone can just choose their favorite player/class/robot/god/nation/civilization/etc. and have a fulfilling experience. Here in this game the game developers are often and deliverately breaking the game balanace more and more. It didn't take a genius by just looking at what assassins were getting to know that they would OP, and they were.

I wouldn't be surprised however that they suddenly found out sins are op and tried to balance the game again. But, I´m afraid they do it tbh. They always just power creep. They have never nerfed anything, and tha's what this game needs. They need to nerf sins.

4 classes? Any class has a chance at pk, it is just about knowing your class, and knowing your opponents class. Every single class has something that is super OP about it.

Psy-Hax soulforce with super long stuns with soul of stunning and a silence that goes on for days.

Sin-Hax buffs, amazing CC skills, great chi builders

Veno-Purge and amp, plus a seal and immobilize, while feral concentration counts as a free IG basically to save your apoth for a better time, not to mention with the right combo of pets you can dish out damage or keep your opponent locked

Barb-Can easily 1 hit ppl with an arma, high hp and def

Archer-Purge bow with a couple antistuns

Cleric-Can spam heal themselfs, SoG and eleven boon combo is sexy, forever sleep, debuffs, and has a soulburn that does huge amounts of damage endgame

BM-Amazing CC skills, aoes like crazy, plus marrow buffs

Wiz-With the right amount of channeling they can dish out some good cc skills and lay the damage on you

Seeker-can combo and 1 hit someone using 0 chi, plus can zerk crit with magic attacks, has a skill that can hit through AD

Mystic-pets for every situation, especially the thicket that I think at times is way too OP unless you have faith, and has a skill that hits through AD

So I ask again, they only care about 4 classes?
    Tell me how to beat a sin plz. They do 4x times the damage I do. most of them have sage tidal which resists any kind of ailment 66% of the time. They have skills that look like aps attack, it's like if they went aps for a few seconds while still using chill of depth. They have so many chi building skills, so many that they are the only class that is constantly triple sparking for anything. No other class can do that, not even close. Shadow Escape, a life saving skill, instead of costing chi, it gives chi... I wish my feral concentration would give 1 spark insted of using it. And you finally managed to debuff 2 times (because everyone now has spirit of defense) and then manage to hit them hard enough, their deaden ticks.

Many have asked me: how do we deal with sins. I always tell them: I don't know. I hope you can tell me how.

P.S: Leaving the sarcasm aside: thanks a lot for the general description of the classes. You didn't say anything pvp balance and mechanics.
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    you dont understand....i am not annoyed that they had to rollback. wasn't their choice, they did their job. what i am upset about is that the team i sent my tickets to [which i guess is the support crew, thought if i am mistaken then idk.] plainly told me the will/can not replace 4 years worth of work, and offered no compensation. even bank accounts are fdic insured and stocks have no guarantee but with stocks you have a choice to pull your money out. here you do not. understand now?

They still can't do anything about it.. Its the the support group that decides about the compensation wich means they gave a standard reply or the higher people told them to say that :D
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I also wonder what is going though the mind of the developers. Every other game I've played has always strived to achieve a balance so everyone can just choose their favorite player/class/robot/god/nation/civilization/etc. and have a fulfilling experience. Here in this game the game developers are often and deliverately breaking the game balanace more and more. It didn't take a genius by just looking at what assassins were getting to know that they would OP, and they were.

I wouldn't be surprised however that they suddenly found out sins are op and tried to balance the game again. But, I´m afraid they do it tbh. They always just power creep. They have never nerfed anything, and tha's what this game needs. They need to nerf sins.

Tell me how to beat a sin plz. They do 4x times the damage I do. most of them have sage tidal which resists any kind of ailment 66% of the time. They have skills that look like aps attack, it's like if they went aps for a few seconds while still using chill of depth. They have so many chi building skills, so many that they are the only class that is constantly triple sparking for anything. No other class can do that, not even close. One of their save guarding skills instead of costing chi, it gives chi... I wish my feral concentration would give 1 spark insted of using it. And you finally managed to debuff 2 times (because everyone now has spirit of defense) and then manage to hit them hard enough, their deaden ticks.

Many have asked me: how do we deal with sins. I always tell them: I don't know. I hope you can tell me how.

thank you for this. it feels sometimes i am fighting a losing battle here, but i know i am not crazy. most people on here have sins and have invested in making a sin their main class. so any sin hate or cry for balance is met with swift and tyrannical retribution. C'MON PEOPLE, DON'T BE AFRAID, SPEAK UP. the more of us that do the better. all along it has been the prevelant attitude of if you don't like it then deal with it or get out. i say we tell the devs to get out. stop buying zen, restrict your playing time to farming dailies [if you must] then log off. if the population drops enough and profits drop enough then maybe, just maybe, they'll get the hint that we want a balanced game where all toons are enjoyable and can be played in pk effectively vs any other class.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    They still can't do anything about it.. Its the the support group that decides about the compensation wich means they gave a standard reply or the higher people told them to say that :D

so the support group in pwcn decides what we get here? that is even lamer than i thought.
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so the support group in pwcn decides what we get here? that is even lamer than i thought.

Who said that o.o?
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options

The games I played/tried where they really made what you described, I found rather boring. Being a healer+tank+dd all in one for everyone just made everyone a solo player and every activity just a mass of individuals. Having specific perks and drawbacks, specific activities where 1 class is better at then others, ... that's also a way to balance.

I don't play my class because of it's looks. I play my class because it's a good and versatile class for group/mass pk things like NW and TW. Most clerics play that class because they like the support/healer role, not for the looks. It's a big issue on these forums that everything is always reduced to 1vs1.

Did they make sins to OP with the last update? Kinda yeah. Was it much better before? Not really. From 2008 till now, there was always a class favored more then others over specific periods. Look back for "BM+stunlock", "Nix+bleed" or "Undine+spark" just to name the most infamous ones. Would be nice to have all classes equal (and not "the same") on a global lvl, but that's also a perception matter so will never happen.

Btw, if you take out sins atm, do you consider the other classes so horribly imbalanced atm?
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    The games I played/tried where they really made what you described, I found rather boring. Being a healer+tank+dd all in one for everyone just made everyone a solo player and every activity just a mass of individuals. Having specific perks and drawbacks, specific activities where 1 class is better at then others, ... that's also a way to balance.

I don't play my class because of it's looks. I play my class because it's a good and versatile class for group/mass pk things like NW and TW. Most clerics play that class because they like the support/healer role, not for the looks. It's a big issue on these forums that everything is always reduced to 1vs1.

Did they make sins to OP with the last update? Kinda yeah. Was it much better before? Not really. From 2008 till now, there was always a class favored more then others over specific periods. Look back for "BM+stunlock", "Nix+bleed" or "Undine+spark" just to name the most infamous ones. Would be nice to have all classes equal (and not "the same") on a global lvl, but that's also a perception matter so will never happen.

Btw, if you take out sins atm, do you consider the other classes so horribly imbalanced atm?

It's also boring to be excluded from some aspet of the game, specially one you like, because one class is insanaly dominant. I would prefer if they balanced every class in a 1vs1 basis. The balance wouldn't have to be perfect. They could leave some classes like sins with still a good advantage vs all, but anyone with any class should be able have a chance.

The idea of balancing classes on basis to group work is wonderful and all, but it doesn't work. Firstly it doesn't work because the developers haven't shown to be capable of balancing this game. Also this is way to balancing is really hard to put in practice. If one group is made up mostly of really powerful characters, such as sin, and the other are you just support, the group of sins will win because they can kiill faster. For this kind of balance to work, everyone would need to have always almost every class, but that's just not possible for pvp. You fight with what you have at hand. In our pvp, the advantges someone has in 1vs1 just scalate, and that's why classes that are good in 1vs1 are also good in group.

The best way to balance is 1vs1. If everyone some decent way to beat anyone, then no matter how opposing groups were conformed, any gruop would have a chance to fight back.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »

As of this update...I'd say archers definitely need some sort of love (and this needs to be very carefully done, tbh), then barbs will need their paralyze toned down some and BMs may need theirs toned down as well (actually, paralyze itself probably just needs to either be purifiable or resisted by anti-stun, one or the other not both). Everything else feels okay, I guess? It's just sins that got OP as balls again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    From this update, the one thing I love most is the anti-aps buff. In fact, I wish they'd make it stronger, so that it really messes up some one who relies and depends on aps and can't be bothered to understand their skills.
    I'm seriously sick of seeing everyone be aps.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    you sir are a bad troll. idc if they have a mega bazooka that dc's people. make a damn defense. the pk system is a>b>c>a. but if c is > a and b you messed up your own so-called balance. if you don't understand that then we have nothing further to discuss.

I can see I made a mistake.

That string of punctuation-free **** made no sense whatsoever, and you *still* managed to break out in tears at the end.

I don't PK, but I can tell *you* don't have the stomach for it.
    Robert A. Heinlein
    edited April 2014
    Options

Read the Terms of Service again.

Then get someone to read it to you.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    thank you for this. it feels sometimes i am fighting a losing battle here, but i know i am not crazy. most people on here have sins and have invested in making a sin their main class. so any sin hate or cry for balance is met with swift and tyrannical retribution. C'MON PEOPLE, DON'T BE AFRAID, SPEAK UP. the more of us that do the better. all along it has been the prevelant attitude of if you don't like it then deal with it or get out. i say we tell the devs to get out. stop buying zen, restrict your playing time to farming dailies [if you must] then log off. if the population drops enough and profits drop enough then maybe, just maybe, they'll get the hint that we want a balanced game where all toons are enjoyable and can be played in pk effectively vs any other class.

Its not them I am afraid of/they are not the reason why I have piped down about what I feel about the balance situation. It IS the player base/the community. (The devs/admins of these forums, actually don't argue with us for days on in, trying to convince us otherwise of our opinion, they note our opinion, and if we are indeed lucky enough we will eventually see a change, but sadly it does indeed take an obscenely long time before we get a change.)

Far too many people are way too one sided/believe that something isn't broken when it actually is case & point no one should be soloing 20 vs 1 with the arguable amount of ease casters can with the proc. The same could be said for the opposite too many people feel things are broken when they are actually far more reasonable than they first seem. I.E the bm's paralyze... 1 spark can be hard to maintain especially in mass pvp, not to mention the fact that it only effects one person, and the cooldown on it allows plenty of time to get away... all of that coupled with the fact that most bms do ridicolously **** damage to most people these days, while taking **** loads of it, you are left with a skill that is controversial at best, people have different opinions/beliefs about it, and the same can, will and has been said about numerous other things that are arguably overpowered. (See the case and point)

Opinions are divisive. We all have them, and very few have hard cold facts to truly back it up, we all have diffrent perceptions/see different things while in game. Especially when it comes to being a melee, and mage. (Mages may be weak to physical damage, but they are too often able to smoke the melee long before the melee can even make it near them, sure each melee has a way of closing the gaps, but when a melee is undergeared, they get smoked fast and often, whereas if a caster/ranger is undergeared they can sit back and attack at a distance, meaning they are in far fewer positions where they are actually taking damage.) That all makes sense, but many question just how balanced it is, especially when there is so many casters/ranged people running around in mass pvp scenarios.

The scales of balance are immensely difficult to completely balance out, (edit: - where every single person regardless of class has a chance against all classes, especially when you add in mass pvp. (The truth of the matter is that some classes do far and away far better in 1 on 1, while getting torn to shreds OFTEN in mass pvp places) - For every 'thing' that attempts to add "balance" to that scale there is something elsewhere that attempts to tip the scale back to balance-ism. For example there are ways to 'counter' the purify proc, but many of us question just how much it really tip those scales back to being balance, many people felt that those counters didn't do enough to bring the purify proc back down to a 'human'... maintainable level.

---

Despite the fact that I have calmed down about bms, I still feel that the skills we got don't do near enough to really balance things back out for bms. They are still supports, and they are absolutely horrendous at going at it alone while undergeared. (I am not saying they can't take more damage than others, but they sure as hell are in far more positions where they do have to take the damage, with little to no way of actually absorbing it enough to stay in the frrey for longer than a few seconds.... pretty much forcing them to get a charm, use apos, and a genie far more than other classes.)

---

I agree the best way to balance may be for 1 vs 1, but as the game is now I really do not think that is the best way to go about it for this game, it is far too geared towards mass pvp, and whether people like to admit it or not, range/caster-dom is extremely dominant in this game, where gear can play such a huge role in survivability/the ability to kill others. Sure a melee is capable of being dominant but the simple fact of the matter is that it is, and always has been far easier to be far more dominant on a caster/range class.... caster more so.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Far too many people are way too one sided/believe that something isn't broken when it actually is case & point no one should be soloing 20 vs 1 with the arguable amount of ease casters can with the proc.

Please tell me you aren't talking about NW...Get over it already.
    I.E the bm's paralyze... 1 spark can be hard to maintain especially in mass pvp, not to mention the fact that it only effects one person, and the cooldown on it allows plenty of time to get away.
    Not when you have 3 sins with their fantastic aps that is a skill actually.
    Despite the fact that I have calmed down about bms, I still feel that the skills we got don't do near enough to really balance things back out for bms.
    Ok, you just want to be OP with a bm don't you (they are powerful arleady). If want you want is to be op you should had rolled a sin.

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Please tell me you aren't talking about NW...Get over it already.

^ This attitude is why more and more people are shying away from voicing their opinion about something, its only natural for people to disagree with an opinion that they do not understand/do not agree with, we all do it, and that's fine, but trying to tell others to shut up about their opinion, is when it goes too far/tends to put a pause in people steps so to speak while voicing their opinions about something.

What did you really think my opinion on the matter had change?
    Azura wrote:
    Not when you have 3 sins with their fantastic aps that is a skill actually.

Sure there are scenarios where it is a bit overwhelming, but really you casters should NOT be in a situation where you all are soloing 20 vs 1, purify proc allowed it to happen FAR too often, hell it still is despite the fact that more and more people are finding some decent ways to counter it. The proc is still ridiculously overwhleming/oped on the servers where gear gaps are vast, and numerous.

It may be a fact that the proc is a lot less overpowered on Lost City as more people are undoubtedly far better geared/a lot more prepared for the various happenstances of mass pvp. (The video, and the person who more or less spawned that epic long thread about it... That to me means that this isn't the case, it is as oped there on a pvp server as it is on a pve server. I am also sure it has gotten less effective as more pvpers are finding ways to combat that proc, but still te simple truth of the matter is that there are without a doubt numerous situations where that proc is still ridiciously oped/unneeded... its hard for me to fathom why you all can't accept that. I mean i understand why you all arerefusing to do it, as it will bring each and every caster back down to earth/'containable' again like you all used to be able too/should be.)
    Azura wrote:
    Ok, you just want to be OP with a bm don't you (they are powerful arleady). If want you want is to be op you should had rolled a sin.

Again I get we are on different servers, your bms are obviously in a different league than the bms we have here on DW, if our server didn't have the gap in gear, or we all were closer to each other gear level... I might very well be inclined to agree with your sentiment there.

Even TheDan said pre r9/r93r bms without rather decent refines, are rather underpowered in mass pvp. (Paraphrasing ever so slightly, but it IS the truth)

Blademaster's while undergeared have the MOST disadvantages to overcome. That doesn't mean I want them to become oped gods, but I for one would absolutely like it if bms were made more viable while undergeared than they are currently. (Feeling like a class is so underpowered while undergeared, that you leave it behind, is NOT... cool... or right at all.) Casters/rangers felt the same way during the aps craze.

The plain truth of the matter is that a lot of bms felt the pain so to speak of being on a bm while undergeared and switched to a new class. There is quite a few bms that are upset with this new status quo. (sadly a lot of bms have given up on trying to get a change for them, and I seriously can not blame them one bit, I to have more or less given up on it. I am absolutely tired of making a very valid point, and having it torn to shreds by people who think they know it all/can do NO wrong once soever. )

Casters/Rangers were upset about the aps status quo, and rightfully so, they were just as upset as me, if not more upset that they had to go to an aps/melee class to be able to play/join in on quick runs in pve. The shoe is on another foot now.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You don't balance to undergeared. You balance to end-game. As it stands at end-game, BMs are fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You don't balance to undergeared. You balance to end-game. As it stands at end-game, BMs are fine.

That makes 110% sense (oops not chance); however, there is indeed something lacking from that.

If one class is unimaginably nigh intolerable/ridiculously hard to 'enjoy'/relax a little on, while undergeared, how does anyone expect everyone who chose that class to stay on that class until they get it to end game status/where things are 'balanced?'

Obviously some people are perfectly capable of doing that, but really if people suspect that the grass is greener on the other side so to speak, and they go and find out that it is indeed greener, even if the greener grass has it flaws... wouldn't it make sense to stay on the 'greener' grass side of things? :$ Everyone gets frustrated with things, that is no secret, but when the frustration becomes nigh unbearable people will leave and try to find something that they find to be way less infuriating.

• boxlover123
    boxlover123 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    is it just me or do others think this silaf guy is funny?

i mean wtf are you talking about purify-proc being op?
    ever seen the other procs? like archer purge or sin GoF?
    you try to kill an endgame toon with what? with tt90?

people had to work/cs for that proc
    and tbh they still get oneshot by bms
    ok im talking about endgame bms, not your tt90 one
    and seriously its not that seldom a sin kills some of those casters with their 2spark-subsea-earthen rift-combo

and it doesnt matter which class you play, as long as you are undereared
    i would even say playing a caster is even worse
    since you deal like 200 damage per spell and are a oneshot to anyone
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Silvaf, voicing your opinion is fine but for once look at the broader picture. Get out of your under-geared bm world.

Believe me, purify is not even relevant anymore. I'm not sure how bad it sucks to be an undergeared bm, if it's bad I'm so sorry, but tbh that's the same tale for anyone undergeared. And we cannot have any balance if you balance undegeared people. The only way for under geared people is to get better gear atm. We can only wish though, that the gear gaps weren't so big.

• Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Believe me, purify is not even relevant anymore.
    Please tell me how a good geared caster soloing a cap the flag map, proccing 90% of the way to the cap point because they're getting hit by so many people ISN'T relevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    is it just me or do others think this silaf guy is funny?

i mean wtf are you talking about purify-proc being op?
    ever seen the other procs? like archer purge or sin GoF?
    you try to kill an endgame toon with what? with tt90?

people had to work/cs for that proc
    and tbh they still get oneshot by bms
    ok im talking about endgame bms, not your tt90 one
    and seriously its not that seldom a sin kills some of those casters with their 2spark-subsea-earthen rift-combo

and it doesnt matter which class you play, as long as you are undereared
    i would even say playing a caster is even worse
    since you deal like 200 damage per spell and are a oneshot to anyone

You must not realize/appreciate the fact of how hard it is to actually attack others while being a melee, we hit far weaker than casters/archers do, and we also have to close the gaps.

Lol @ the bit about still getting one shot to bms... yea.... Adroit says wizards dont, I am inclined to believe that is the case for most casters who can afford to r93r and get that weapon proc... or even the one from r8r.

No i am not using tt90 to try to kill casters... that would be madness. The proc became really overpowered when you added in people who were doing **** damage to the purify proc user, causing the purify proc... to process. (It even happened when r93r people were attacking the r93r caster who had purify proc on their weapon) <-- Something that was stated in that epically long post I linked in my first post here.

As for the other procs... they were never as oped as the purify proc/they didn't spawn insanely long threads about them being oped either.

I wont deny that sins have adapted ridiculously well to the new status quo of the game, their attack levels can be gotten to insane levels, that coupled with their insane ability to maintain their chi... they can be quite troublesome, especially when you look at their other skills/all their abilities to quite easily close gaps.
    Silvaf, voicing your opinion is fine but for once look at the broader picture. Get out of your under-geared bm world.

Believe me, purify is not even relevant anymore. I'm not sure how bad it sucks to be an undergeared bm, if it's bad I'm so sorry, but tbh that's the same tale for anyone undergeared. And we cannot have any balance if you balance undegeared people. The only way for under geared people is to get better gear atm. We can only wish though, that the gear gaps weren't so big.

I do appreciate the much... calmer(?) tone. :$

I also see your point about undergeared, while I may not like it, I do understand it.

For the record If I felt sins had it ridiculously bad while undergeared than I would be 'fighting' for them. :$ The class just happens to be bms. D: (Hell for the record as well if I felt that all classes actually had something that actually made life on them more bareable than the bm class currently does (NOT something that makes it oped!) than I wouldn't feel any need to 'fight'... err argue about a class being the 'weakest.' Sure there is bound to be a weakest of something in every game/part of life, but when the weakness does nothing but hinder you/make you leave/go to another class then you will undoubtedly do what you can to snip out that weakness/or in my case make that weakness not be so... in your face all the time so to speak. )

You also brought up a very valid point about all classes having it rough while undergeared, still I feel one class has more insurmountable flaws than other classes do.

Still bm's aside...
    Slivaf wrote:
    If one class is unimaginably nigh intolerable/ridiculously hard to 'enjoy'/relax a little on, while undergeared, how does anyone expect everyone who chose that class to stay on that class until they get it to end game status/where things are 'balanced?'

That is the part that I am having trouble fathoming. :$

• Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    PvP really is heavily unbalanced in this game and always will be. the power shifts alot with different gear standards. but oh well, since the most PvP revolves around end-game gear it is simply said which classes are by far the most OP.

This is not only my personal opinion. it was created with lots of other players and is not fooled by huge skill gaps between "testing" players.

The most OP class is the Barb. ya it is. this extrem survivability just let you suck your enemies chi and genie dry. you can just wait for them to be defenseless cuz if they dont come up with anything up their sleeves...well they wont kill you. cept for wizards and that leads us to...

the second most OP class. Wizards. Skills. Spark. Undine. do I need to say anything more?

those two classes got even boosted a hell load more with the primal update of skills.

I would put Clerics and Venos together on spot 3. simply because the cleric can last extremely long due to his ability to buff himself (might sound arrogant but...in end game..as a cleric. full josd or gtfo.) and the veno (demon ofc) can simply wipe out enemies. trick them into AD and purge them right after. preferably with chi siphon used on them. next just insta channel pot > nova + random skills. done. can kill anything without protection cept for barbs if they safe their solid shield ( thats why they are first :p).

there was a time when I put seeker on the same spot as wizards...but since their combo is so obvious and always got the same CD and HoS makes you kinda immune to any dng coming from a seeker...ya well...lets be fair. they could get a place on spot 3 too. (:

all other classes got some good stuff too but they are limited in the ease of killing anything but their specified prey. e.g. a sin or archer will never ever kill a great playing maxed out barb. thats aimply impossible in any ways (if you are one of these classes and feel offended. ya well try to play against good players.)

psys are just annoying but no class in this game and I mean no single class should have any problem surviving and killing a psy. that is if the psy is no coward and doesnt hide behind his full buffs while staying in white voodoo. but oh well cant kill a thing with or without a voodoo :p

mystics absorb soul combo is neat. but seriously wont kill and good heavy classes. kinda like a mag class killing machine. then again. too specific.

BMs are the best CC guys. but due to their extremely slow skill and all they have a hard time killing something on equal gears. you need great luck and all to land a kill which will never happen on barbs and seeker tho...again too specific.

I love all the classes. they are all fun to play. but there is a huge gap between them. but xD dont worry. if you are a great player you can easily compansate the disadvantages over worse playing guys. it really depends on the player alot. but lets say we would have ranked 1on1s here...I would definitly go for a Barb. simply because barbs got a realistic chance to kill any other class unlike the other classes in this game + he can last long enough and sit the enemies out due to the HP and protection skills and all.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476