Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Options

Comments

• blood23war
    blood23war Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    (k) You understand and agree that when you run our Software we can and may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.

Thats all im gona say.b:laugh
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    things that pwi should take care of

reborn questlines
    ilegal botters
    gold spammers
    orb spammers
    customer "service"
    major glitches

things that pwi should leave alone
    dq page/blessing page

at least ask the people and make optional to intall your arc software...dont force it
    the dq page was the last good thing the game actually had... it got ruined with the in-game bot
    there is not customer service... reported orb spammers with time/date and bunch of screenshots.... nothing happens
    and people thought everything was going to be fixed with the new expansion...b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You all have to understand that PWE is trying to reinvent the web browser. They feel that the browser should not have HTML5, Acrobat, or spell check. Unfortunately they forgot to tell the people who make their web pages. Part of the front page for PWI can not run on Arc because it requires HTML5 or Acrobat. b:chuckle

They are really on their way to replace Internet Explorer, Chrome, and FireFox b:laugh
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    OK, got a question for the tech minded people of this group.

I plan on deleting my current client and current arc and doing a clean download, however I currently have a backup copy on an external hard drive. so my question is after I delete that copy, how should I go about making a new copy on my external hard drive so its done in such a way that if I ever have to delete and replace it ... it will function right.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    5 days til lose a 3rd of the player base and most of you have to redownload the game because Arc wont recognize it, just so PWI can make 2 cents spying on you, Arc collects information brower habbits etc and then sells them to 3rd partys which pwi makes a few cents off of, its nothing new done on facebook youtube and everywhere else on the web, enjoy your day redownloading and quiting and congrats to pwi for getting all the cash they can, 2 cents a user at cost of a 3rd of your player base and hassle for the other 2/3rds great math and a great solution to your last lawsuit which made you find a new way to update the game, going to a third party company like arc was just genius and the Rocket scientists at Arc your not gonna be the next steam with games like PWI and it will be interesting to see which lasts longer ARC or PWI because both have bright futures
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    5 days til lose a 3rd of the player base and most of you have to redownload the game because Arc wont recognize it, just so PWI can make 2 cents spying on you, Arc collects information brower habbits etc and then sells them to 3rd partys which pwi makes a few cents off of, its nothing new done on facebook youtube and everywhere else on the web, enjoy your day redownloading and quiting and congrats to pwi for getting all the cash they can, 2 cents a user at cost of a 3rd of your player base and hassle for the other 2/3rds great math and a great solution to your last lawsuit which made you find a new way to update the game, going to a third party company like arc was just genius and the Rocket scientists at Arc your not gonna be the next steam with games like PWI and it will be interesting to see which lasts longer ARC or PWI because both have bright futures

Nobody has to redownload. A fix has been posted for that multiple times.

@Sparkie - might I suggest you post that link for the fix on your first post so that people can find it easier?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

@Sparkie - might I suggest you post that link for the fix on your first post so that people can find it easier?

I support this, with an alternative means of download as well, as I cannot download the file from the site it was uploaded on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

I guess you just don't get it, do you. A FIX is not the correct way to do ARC. FIX ARC then release is the CORRECT way.
  • fearnuke
    fearnuke Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    I guess you just don't get it, do you. A FIX is not the correct way to do ARC. FIX ARC then release is the CORRECT way.

+1, pwi always do the same, break things with there badly made updates, then months later fix them.... the idea of bug testing seems lost on them.

I dont want arc! dont force it on us.
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    why are they **** enough to implement a system that still broken god those people make me angry. Oh well once you took the DQ system away and never gave us the arc DQ system you promised i stopped logging in =D GG pw china idiots for loosing yourself clients..i'd rather go pay for a game then play this **** longer
  • Janana - Dreamweaver
    Janana - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You shouldn't need to do anything if you already have it installed. Arc should recognize your PWI install already and update it via Arc. If not, as someone already pointed out, you can go here to fix it:

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

As for any updates, Arc will let you know if you need to update when you log in.

NOT working for me.
  • Zaafira - Dreamweaver
    Zaafira - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    NOT working for me.

Does NOT work for me either ...
    had to give full permission for everyone (read,write...) on the install folder. And had to edit the registry manually ... then it works. This tool didnt edit ALL required registry entries -.-"
    edited March 2014
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »

Seriously? At least they are trying. They could have just not bothered and forced everyone to redownload the game, because people would have done it if they had to (and that's what I expected).

I'm not for Arc being forced on us by any means. I absolutely hate the program. It makes it much slower for me to get into the actual game and I loathe having to leave it running in the background (for the same reason I hate Steam). And I do think they should wait until they have fixed multiclienting before releasing it, because that is just stupid.

But if they have to implement fixes like this, so be it. We have no choice on the matter of using the program, so I'm glad that they at least made an effort to make this part of it work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i don't like not being able to multi client, but i will say this since i been using arc i have almost 0 lag, before i was lagging in west arch, and thats with setting turned down to the bare bones, now with arc im in west arch with setting maxed right out and barely hit 50 ping!
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i don't like not being able to multi client, but i will say this since i been using arc i have almost 0 lag, before i was lagging in west arch, and thats with setting turned down to the bare bones, now with arc im in west arch with setting maxed right out and barely hit 50 ping!

I have just installed PWI from arc here and I can multiclient smoothly with no ****ing damn problem.

What pisses me off about arc is the fact its a little big piece of ****.

PS: Arc Overlay won't work on 2nd client... But who cares, its useless anyways.

Run Arc, you'll see "PWI with a "LIVE" green flag in the girl's head" Click play, click start, go to arc again, click play there on PWI again and BAM no secret.

Just another observation: I ranted about Logging in in both Arc and the game, it seems arc bypasses game login now and automatically logs in the Arc account logged, if the account is already logged in you'll see an error and the default game login will be shown.

I hate to agree, but Arc is walking towards being useful... Now replace the original game launcher/patcher and we may talk about mandatory.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    just so PWI can make 2 cents spying on you, Arc collects information brower habbits etc and then sells them to 3rd partys which pwi makes a few cents off of, its nothing new done on facebook youtube and everywhere else on the web

Yes, almost all sites have some sort of cookie/tracker policy similar to the one for Arc. People are just getting riled up about the Arc one because their attention is actually being called to read the policy. People should be happy that PWE actually put the link about it at the top of the page to call their attention to it, instead of linking to it in teeny tiny print at the bottom of the page.

Personally, I will not be using their Arc browser. I just don't see any need for it. And it doesn't really matter what information they get about me via Arc (I play "X" of their games, but I have no interest in "Y" games) for the purpose of selling to 3rd parties, because thanks to Firefox with AdBlock/NoScript/RequestPolicy/additionally customized hosts file, I don't see ads, and 3rd party trackers/beacons are also blocked.

From what I've read elsewhere, they do intend for Arc to replace the individual game launchers. In that's true, I'd say that Arc actually makes sense, not for "omgspyingonplayers", but as a streamlined content delivery system.

I just hope they'll allow us to run more than one instance of Arc, for those of us who play PWI with one account, but Forsaken World or Jade Dynasty with another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bit the bullet and downloaded Arc, but it won't recognize PWI (surprise surprise). Tried that regrepair thing, and unless I'm just dumb and doing it wrong all the 20 different things I've tried it won't work for me either...

Edit: omfg nevermind I'm dumb, got it to work *sulks in the corner of shame*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Meanwhile.. free donuts for everyone.
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bit the bullet and downloaded Arc, but it won't recognize PWI (surprise surprise). Tried that regrepair thing, and unless I'm just dumb and doing it wrong all the 20 different things I've tried it won't work for me either...

Edit: omfg nevermind I'm dumb, got it to work *sulks in the corner of shame*

What'd you do to finally get it to see PWI? I did the repair as an admin, launched Arc, and it still didn't see my installation. I checked to see if doing it the manual way would trigger it, but it just calls it elementclient as before.

Edit: Never mind, I was also fail and just figured it out. b:surrender *joins in the corner of shame*
  • Bloom - Heavens Tear
    Bloom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    it won't recognize PWI (surprise surprise). Tried that regrepair thing, and unless I'm just dumb and doing it wrong all the 20 different things I've tried it won't work for me either...
    Why are people trying to hard and raging so much about it not finding existing PWI installation? I didn't even try tbh, I copied off everything out of the PW folder that I wanted kept (i.e. screenshots), uninstalled it, manually trashed the folder, made sure every file and start menu shortcut relating to PW that I could find was gone.

Then downloaded arc. Then let arc download PW. And not that I'm an arc fan but must say, it was simple enough, had no problems at all.

So if it won't recognize your old PW, why spend ages trying to make it work? Just scrub out the old one and let arc install PW properly.
    I have just installed PWI from arc here and I can multiclient smoothly with no <snip> problem.
    Yes you can NOW, because we haven't had the April 2nd patch yet. What nobody has a straight answer to is, will that still work in 2 days time.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Why are people trying to hard and raging so much about it not finding existing PWI installation? I didn't even try tbh, I copied off everything out of the PW folder that I wanted kept (i.e. screenshots), uninstalled it, manually trashed the folder, made sure every file and start menu shortcut relating to PW that I could find was gone.

Then downloaded arc. Then let arc download PW. And not that I'm an arc fan but must say, it was simple enough, had no problems at all.

So if it won't recognize your old PW, why spend ages trying to make it work? Just scrub out the old one and let arc install PW properly.

You'd be surprised at how many people there are that have data plans where it would take them several months to fully download PWI again through Arc.

I know this is pretty common in the US where unlimited data plans aren't so cheap or accessible compared to the UK.

For me as long as they fixed multi clienting I'm not fussed, would prefer to be able to open my own FC's/reset nuema instances/have my shop up.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited March 2014
    Options

Yes you can NOW, because we haven't had the April 2nd patch yet. What nobody has a straight answer to is, will that still work in 2 days time.

Exactly. Multiclienting works at the current time because PWI is not fully integrated in Arc. The games that HAVE been fully integrated in Arc no longer work for multiclienting. You will no longer be able to open a second client from the .exe after integration, and Arc won't allow a second opening with one already running.

And unfortunately, Sparkie has stated that this is not working so we know that it will not work in two days' time... but he has also stated that they are working on the problem. PWE does not have a great track record with promises like this but I choose to be hopeful that they will get that figured out soon.

(Side note - I'm sure a few people here are working on Arc workarounds to solve this also, and hope they let us know if they find something)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You guys that have been complaining about arc.
    1rst off, all the games are free to play..... this should be enough said. but I know u want more.

I have been using arc since its 1rst beta. don't believe me, look how many hours online.
    at the start of using arc, all my games where found once arc was installed.
    after an OSRI, I used the browse game feature and it worked. Now, with the newest releases of arc, I understand why its not working for older game clients or basically non-installed game clients. 0 dll files to add integration into game as well as encryption. DUH.

Now, everything with technology nowadays is leading to what?????? Social websites. come on cloud sharing and the dreaded Facebook..... and just look at windows 8.... options to sign in with live account too get back to your cloud, restore your settings, save your games online and share them. Linux as well with ubuntu 1 and linux cloud. You all look at a this as a major update, its just a damn fancy folder with PWE games in it. Get with the program. I like it. of course I am the dreaded IT support technician that says windows updates are important to do, if you do not do them, we cannot support your product. blah blah blah..

Anyone that says that they will never play this game when this is implemented, see u in the game. ur already hooked. its been out for over 5 years and u been playing alot just like everyone else. now stop giving these gm's a hard time. and in reverse, GM's advocate for us, fix the broken **** in the game. weddings are still glitched, NW still doing the old delta launch glitch, autopath on mounts is a nice feature but broken and many other things are broken.

Thanks for reading
  • Kuejyin - Sanctuary
    Kuejyin - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    where is this facebook connect on arc? there are so many things missing and they force us to log in pwi with arc. to download pwi with damn arc takes so much time. if you manual download it its just a hour or two....this arc thing is totaly ****.

thats my opinion tyvm
    edited March 2014
    Options
    where is this facebook connect on arc? there are so many things missing and they force us to log in pwi with arc. to download pwi with damn arc takes so much time. if you manual download it its just a hour or two....this arc thing is totaly ****.

thats my opinion tyvm

Here is ur blessings
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3034763-free-blessings-for-everyone_

and to your 1hr or so thing. get a faster internet connection. not there problem. takes me 10 mins off my connection. 150 down / 75 up.

But to further answer your slow download thing, maybe they can add the feature like Rift install. main components then play while it downloads and installs the rest. Simular to neverwinter. that would be a nice solution for those with not so fast inet.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So multi clienting won't be as simple as opening the element client after your first client with Arc is opened?
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So multi clienting won't be as simple as opening the element client after your first client with Arc is opened?

currently, if u add the elementclient.exe shortcut to your desktop, you can launch that or after launching your 1st one from arc just right click and select elementclient as you would have normally done in the past. for future, I heard they are working on multiclienting arc. kind of interesting concept which will enforce the 2 client only policy I am sure. LOL Sorry refrase 2 accounts on at the same time policy. whatever they want to call it.
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I doubt the multi-clienting issue will be fixed, not for a long time, why?

Because PWI wants everyone to buy the Commission Shop items (I was wondering why they were so ****ing overpriced), in order for a shop to be up. Smart move really. If you don't have more than 1 PC/Laptop to use, you'll be forced to use the Commission Shop. And with gold at 3m (WTF btw), good luck with that.

How about instead of ramming something down your community's throats that they vehemently don't want, why don't you go fix some things? For instance your last expansion's main story-line... stops at a frickin' letter. Or listen to your community when they - in nearly one voice - tell you that this is a bad idea. I know another game that's doing a great job at this.

Thank you PWI for finally completely breaking a game we've all been playing for up to 5 years, it's been fun.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • bboylittleboy
    bboylittleboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I doubt the multi-clienting issue will be fixed, not for a long time, why?

Because PWI wants everyone to buy the Commission Shop items (I was wondering why they were so ****ing overpriced), in order for a shop to be up. Smart move really. If you don't have more than 1 PC/Laptop to use, you'll be forced to use the Commission Shop. And with gold at 3m (WTF btw), good luck with that.

How about instead of ramming something down your community's throats that they vehemently don't want, why don't you go fix some things? For instance your last expansion's main story-line... stops at a frickin' letter. Or listen to your community when they - in nearly one voice - tell you that this is a bad idea. I know another game that's doing a great job at this.

Thank you PWI for finally completely breaking a game we've all been playing for up to 5 years, it's been fun.

+10000000000 , as usual pwi all about money and not how there customers feel.
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I have Arc and currently have 2 toons logged both done thru Arc BTW